Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759083 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #11520 on: November 28, 2021, 02:27:08 pm »
What a pass to Robbo. :o :o
Was a thing of beauty. Having an excellent season, unlucky not to have a few more goals to his name too
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11521 on: November 28, 2021, 02:39:18 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11522 on: November 29, 2021, 02:02:35 pm »

Funny thing is, he over hit every through ball on Saturday apart from that one.

Here's hoping for another Goodison goal this week.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11523 on: November 29, 2021, 04:28:41 pm »

Aye, motm performance.

When Mane and Robbo are on fire, it's over for the opponents. They make that left side a living hell for the opponents.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11524 on: November 29, 2021, 07:46:13 pm »
Aye, motm performance.

When Mane and Robbo are on fire, it's over for the opponents. They make that left side a living hell for the opponents.

Agreed... Understand and agree with the raving about Salah and Trent on the right side, but Sadio and Robbo seem to do everything a bit quicker, it's as though the one knows what the other will do three or four seconds before it transpires.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11525 on: December 1, 2021, 11:54:19 pm »
Another great game from Mane. He will explode with goals soon.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #11526 on: December 2, 2021, 02:00:48 am »
Another great game from Mane. He will explode with goals soon.
If he keeps creating chances like that then we're all happy, was a pity Godfrey made that great last ditch block, don't think Sadio did anything wrong there.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11527 on: December 2, 2021, 08:24:38 pm »
He had a great game, absolutely destroying Everton who couldn't just live with his movement.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11528 on: December 11, 2021, 06:18:18 pm »
Thought he was really good today. Just looked like he could beat their full-back and do that left foot dinked cross whenever he wanted. Pressing on point as usual as well. Nightmare to play against even when he's not at his absolute best.

Oh, and he finds Robertson/Tsimikas on those over/underlaps everytime. Really underrated passer.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #11529 on: December 11, 2021, 07:32:01 pm »
Its hard to believe he hasn't scored for a while, because everything else he's doing is just immense. Pure menace down the left hand side. Maybe he could cut out the back heels to nobody though

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11530 on: December 12, 2021, 01:07:02 am »
Thought he was really good today. Just looked like he could beat their full-back and do that left foot dinked cross whenever he wanted. Pressing on point as usual as well. Nightmare to play against even when he's not at his absolute best.

Oh, and he finds Robertson/Tsimikas on those over/underlaps everytime. Really underrated passer.

He is effective at the moment - a solid 6/ 7 out of 10 most weeks - but for me he is still below the world class level he was 2 seasons ago when his first touch seemed a lot more assured and he would skin defenders more frequently than what he currently does.   

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #11531 on: December 12, 2021, 09:45:49 am »
He was affected by a lack of consistent partnership, notably the Gini situation.

He had his best season in 17/18 and 18/19 when Gini and Robertson was playing triangles with him but last season when Fab was asked to become a defender, Henderson and Gini was also shuffled around and Mane ended up with some times Curtis Jones, Keita or Thiago.

While Salah has a constant group on his right side with Trent and Henderson, Mane had to do with a injury prone Keita and for last couple of matches Thiago that plays deeper and more centrally. This is very different to Gini and how Mane likes it.

Until Curtis comes back to help him out on the left, he might never rediscover his old form again.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11532 on: December 12, 2021, 10:28:56 am »
He was affected by a lack of consistent partnership, notably the Gini situation.

He had his best season in 17/18 and 18/19 when Gini and Robertson was playing triangles with him but last season when Fab was asked to become a defender, Henderson and Gini was also shuffled around and Mane ended up with some times Curtis Jones, Keita or Thiago.

While Salah has a constant group on his right side with Trent and Henderson, Mane had to do with a injury prone Keita and for last couple of matches Thiago that plays deeper and more centrally. This is very different to Gini and how Mane likes it.

Until Curtis comes back to help him out on the left, he might never rediscover his old form again.

I don't know about "making do" with Naby, I thought they dovetailed really well. If Naby can get a consistent run then I think Sadio will really benefit from having him and Robbo alongside him.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #11533 on: December 12, 2021, 04:06:48 pm »
He enjoyed his walk around the pitch in front of the Kop yesterday following his substitution! Big smile on his face  ;D

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11534 on: December 14, 2021, 10:01:22 pm »
I don't know about "making do" with Naby, I thought they dovetailed really well. If Naby can get a consistent run then I think Sadio will really benefit from having him and Robbo alongside him.

They do if only Naby could stay fit to form a consistent partnership. Mane has been sold short this and last season.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11535 on: December 15, 2021, 10:59:59 am »
Really enjoying the interplay between Trent, Hendo and Salah this season. Like a rotating triangle. Would like to see Mane, Robbo and Thiago do that more. Wonder if it's limited by Robbo being pretty stuck to a left foot?
YNWA.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11536 on: December 15, 2021, 11:48:24 am »
Really enjoying the interplay between Trent, Hendo and Salah this season. Like a rotating triangle. Would like to see Mane, Robbo and Thiago do that more. Wonder if it's limited by Robbo being pretty stuck to a left foot?
Thought the interplay between Mane and Robbo has been poor this year but it was really good on Saturday. Hopefully they can push on now.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11537 on: December 15, 2021, 12:55:29 pm »
Thought the interplay between Mane and Robbo has been poor this year but it was really good on Saturday. Hopefully they can push on now.

It hasn't been that poor but poorer than the seasons that Gini has been here. Thiago just isn't that kind of player that runs toward the left channel to support Robertson and Mane.

Curtis would have been the better option to play to Mane's strength. Hope he starts tonight.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11538 on: December 17, 2021, 01:23:44 am »
Thought he was great tonight. Really determined to make things happen

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11539 on: December 17, 2021, 02:05:30 am »
He's the perfect example of why players go down when they feel contact. He plays as fairly and honestly as any player I've seen and he gets absolutely no reward for it. For our second goal, he's fouled from behind by their last man, it's a possible penalty and red card. If he swan dives there he guarantees it and yet he plays on and gets the shot off as he's falling. Yet I watch him get consistently fouled and manhandled every game and he gets fuck all from refs.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11540 on: December 17, 2021, 02:25:46 am »
He waa fantastic
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11541 on: December 17, 2021, 05:43:30 am »
Mane was really on top of his game.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11542 on: December 17, 2021, 05:52:35 am »
The massive grin on him when Mo scored. ;D

His work rate last night was very impressive. He just never stopped. High tempo and high class.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11543 on: December 17, 2021, 06:07:31 am »
How he got a header on the free-kick from TAA in the 2nd half I don't know. Threw himself at everything (except the ground) and hassled for everything.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11544 on: December 17, 2021, 08:35:20 am »
He's so good at staying on his feet (same as Mo) isn't he?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11545 on: December 17, 2021, 11:17:56 am »
He's so good at staying on his feet (same as Mo) isn't he?

He got his shot away after being fouled for Mo’s goal but what would have happened had the ball rebounded somewhere else? Would it have been brought back for the foul?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #11546 on: December 17, 2021, 11:20:03 am »
I was saying that last night, even though we got the advantage, Dean should still have gone back and retrospectively booked (sent off possibly) their fella.
AHA!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #11547 on: December 17, 2021, 11:55:45 am »
He waa fantastic

totally. I read a few moans here and there and i was just scratching my head. It was his cross for Jotas goal, then the athletic skill involved to STAY on his feet and somehow get a shot away was just unreal and led directly to mo's goal, and his incredible running was dragging people about all night. Hes been a fox in a henhouse for some time now, really playing well.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11548 on: December 17, 2021, 11:55:59 am »
He got his shot away after being fouled for Mo’s goal but what would have happened had the ball rebounded somewhere else? Would it have been brought back for the foul?

Judging my Mike Dean's overall performance last night I think you have to say "yes." We're quick to criticise refs for fucking up, but Mike Dean got every big call right last night - with the possible exception of the two-handed shove on Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I loved Sadio's determination to get his shot in.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11549 on: December 17, 2021, 01:01:36 pm »
The massive grin on him when Mo scored. ;D

All that even after Mo refuses to pass to him...

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11550 on: December 17, 2021, 01:06:53 pm »
totally. I read a few moans here and there and i was just scratching my head. It was his cross for Jotas goal, then the athletic skill involved to STAY on his feet and somehow get a shot away was just unreal and led directly to mo's goal, and his incredible running was dragging people about all night. Hes been a fox in a henhouse for some time now, really playing well.

He finished the game poorly which will change how you perceive his performance. Plus his assists arent documented as assists so easier to forget. Majority of the game he was electric. I enjoyed his through balls to the underlapping Robbo, seems a more common occurrence than a few years ago.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11551 on: December 17, 2021, 01:09:26 pm »
All that even after Mo refuses to pass to him...
he passed it by him into the net

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11552 on: December 17, 2021, 01:15:10 pm »
he passed it by him into the net

bent it round him, you can tell by the body language...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11553 on: December 28, 2021, 09:56:16 pm »
Rubbish performance. Should be dropped for the next game. Couldn't even hit the target when through on goal.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11554 on: December 28, 2021, 09:57:23 pm »
Players miss good chances. The bigger issue is how little we did for the entirety of the 2nd half aside from that chance.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11555 on: December 28, 2021, 09:57:37 pm »
Not the same player.

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11556 on: December 28, 2021, 09:58:01 pm »
So disappointing. It was clear he was off it early on; shouldn’t have had the 90.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11557 on: December 28, 2021, 09:58:52 pm »
On his day, Mane is unplayable but his profligacy has cost us before and it will cost us again.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11558 on: December 28, 2021, 09:59:04 pm »
Players miss good chances. The bigger issue is how little we did for the entirety of the 2nd half aside from that chance.
I have no issue with our players missing chances. For example, Salah probably won't score every pen but his "finish" on that one-on-one was embarrassing. At least work the goalie.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #11559 on: December 28, 2021, 09:59:10 pm »
7 games without a goal or assist in the league.

Gives the ball away so cheaply at times.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."