The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

The History Board

(1/4) > >>

Hinesy:
This is the start of The History Board, a repository for all things LFC from 1892 to 1994. We've chosen a cut off point: The game against Norwich which was the Kop's last stand.

If you wish to add something to the board, please post it in the Main Forum where it will attract attention and get replies and mark it for the History Board or report it to the mods and we'll move it over if its worthwhile and appropriate.

We're starting this board off like the Opinion Board so that anyone can reply to existing threads, and as I said above, start threads elsewhere and they will be moved over if warranted.

In the meantime, we're trying to set up a system whereby arl arses who've still got their faculties can post into here (such as Vic's life story) and we're also hoping that the final addition to the new RAWK Writing Team is Wooltonian who will be the Curator of this board and RAWK Historian General. In the meantime enjoy and welcome. We want to get this board to be the place for the young to visit and the old to dwell.

Education, Reflection and Celebration. The History Board.

Theoldkopite:

--- Quote from: hinesy on October  3, 2012, 10:08:54 pm ---This is the start of The History Board, a repository for all things LFC from 1892 to 1994. We've chosen a cut off point: The game against Norwich which was the Kop's last stand.

If you wish to add something to the board, please post it in the Main Forum where it will attract attention and get replies and mark it for the History Board or report it to the mods and we'll move it over if its worthwhile and appropriate.

We're starting this board off like the Opinion Board so that anyone can reply to existing threads, and as I said above, start threads elsewhere and they will be moved over if warranted.

In the meantime, we're trying to set up a system whereby arl arses who've still got their faculties can post into here (such as Vic's life story) and we're also hoping that the final addition to the new RAWK Writing Team is Wooltonian who will be the Curator of this board and RAWK Historian General. In the meantime enjoy and welcome. We want to get this board to be the place for the young to visit and the old to dwell.

Education, Reflection and Celebration. The History Board.

--- End quote ---

'We ain't got no history.' Oh sorry...back to The Bridge.

Red Ol:
Tremendous!
Education starts here. A hundred years of glorious history even before this monster that is the premiership began. Eat yer heart out Abu Dhabi and Moscow - you can't manufacture this.

Mutton Geoff:
Can I say Hinesy this is a great idea and an oasis in a desert of shit these days.
We have had great teams managers and players but also some right funny characters as well.

monkeyharris:
Got something fantastic to share with you all here. Mentioned this in the arl arse thread months back but couldn't get it up as I was defeated by the size of the files after I scanned and tried to upload onto here.
Got given a cracking report of the trip to the US in early 60's by a gooner mate of mine who's relative Kurt...(second name escapes me for now) was a big shot in the early days of USA footy and helped organise the trip.
It's an amazing read
Anyone able to help if I could email it over to them in PDF form and post it up here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version