The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

The John W Henry Interview - Part One

<< < (4/39) > >>

Ben_:
Continues to sound good.

"Smart"

kaffy:
This is brilliant. Great work by all those involved and many thanks to you all for doing this. I'm impressed by Mr Henry already - long may it continue.

Veinticinco de Mayo:
Right folks. Please don't derail this into a manager thread.  I'll only have to delete it all in the morning. 

shanks_legend:

--- Quote from: Stussy on October 29, 2010, 11:59:30 pm ---He says that NESV purchased the club with cash. Presumably, that means there is no acquisition debt, as such.

--- End quote ---

That £300 million has to have come from somewhere. The 'cash' has to have been sourced from somewhere, the equity taken out of some asset, somewhere along the line. He talks of NESV always having carried some debt. I'm just playing devils advocate here - What if theirs, or one of their primary investors' cirumstances were to change? What if there was another economic downturn 5 years down the line? What if there was a world war? Surely it would have been prudent having just come out of what we've come out of, to have something concrete put in place to ensure the club itself remained, for the most part, debt free.

TSC:
Decent stuff.  Be interesting for him to come back on Q10 after a period of reflection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version