The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Liverpool Audio/Video Thread

<< < (8004/8067) > >>

IgorBobbins:
Thanks for all your hard work, ooJason - much appreciated.

On a related note (not sure where to ask techie questions on RAWK) - does anyone know why my iPad refuses to display embedded YouTube videos on this site? (See screenshot).   Itís been like this for the past couple of years and itís getting annoying.  I use Safari but Iíve tried other browsers and the same thing happens - just blank spaces. Not sure if itís the browser, adblock (although it doesnít make any difference when I whitelist RAWK), or my iPad.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

oojason:

--- Quote from: IgorBobbins on May 16, 2022, 10:51:08 am ---Thanks for all your hard work, ooJason - much appreciated.

On a related note (not sure where to ask techie questions on RAWK) - does anyone know why my iPad refuses to display embedded YouTube videos on this site? (See screenshot).   Itís been like this for the past couple of years and itís getting annoying.  I use Safari but Iíve tried other browsers and the same thing happens - just blank spaces. Not sure if itís the browser, adblock (although it doesnít make any difference when I whitelist RAWK), or my iPad.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--- End quote ---

Thanks mate.

Re your iPad problem... I think (just guessing here) it may have something do with flash... in that RAWK uses it in the code to embed videos, and apple doesn't like flash at all, it no longer supports it, and so it doesn't work for many apple iPhone and iPad users.

Edit: As of 31st December 2020 apple ended the support for flash - www.macworld.com/article/675861/flash-faqs-what-to-do-now-that-adobe-is-killing-flash.html

There is a discussion on it in here - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267540.0 (in the 'RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions' section)

And there may be some sort of advice on offer from other apple users in here? - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=224508.4640 (Apple iPad & iPhone thread)

It used to be that web browsers like Dolphin, Photon, or Puffin (or Onion or Snowbunny?) on iPads and iPhones used to work fine on here for youtube videos - though I've no idea if that is still the case. Sorry mate.

oojason:

''ALISSON BECKER!!' | Kostas & Alisson relive incredible header | Alternative Commentary':-

https://www.youtube.com/v/o721s78piyA

RAWK 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' post for the WBA match: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17756247#msg17756247

RAWK Alisson thread for the day of the WBA match (16th May, 2021): www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340649.msg17745780#msg17745780

Birdontheshirt:

--- Quote from: oojason on May 16, 2022, 11:11:00 am ---It used to be that web browsers like Dolphin, Photon, or Puffin (or Onion or Snowbunny?) on iPads and iPhones used to work fine on here for youtube videos - though I've no idea if that is still the case. Sorry mate.

--- End quote ---

Puffin, chrome, etc are just same as safari for iPad now.  Iíve same problem of not seeing any of the embedded videos. Unfortunately not found a work around yet.

oojason:

--- Quote from: Birdontheshirt on May 16, 2022, 12:01:00 pm ---Puffin, chrome, etc are just same as safari for iPad now.  Iíve same problem of not seeing any of the embedded videos. Unfortunately not found a work around yet.

--- End quote ---

Any luck with Onion or Snowbunny? (if they are still free?) I'm told they are slightly different to the other browsers - and may still work given how they are built?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version