Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 631284 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Endgame Spoilers.
« Reply #5680 on: September 14, 2019, 04:37:06 am »
Yeah, it'd be bold, but a bit too transparent, and to be honest, I don't think something that's designed to be entertainment should be the place for something that is obviously making some kind of modern political statement. There's other forums for that. I know comics do have underlying political subtexts to them, but to change them willy-nilly like that is just pushing an agenda down people's eyes and ears to the point where it just belittles what they are pushing it for.

Oh totally, I just can't imagine anything more ballsy. My guess is they do black guys (Denzel and Fishburne!) and connect it to the civil rights movement
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5681 on: September 15, 2019, 04:36:08 pm »
So RDJ is back as Iron Man in the upcoming Black Widow film.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5682 on: September 15, 2019, 04:43:48 pm »
It's a prequel set around Civil War apparently, but sort of a shame his death lasted one movie.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5683 on: September 15, 2019, 06:12:26 pm »
If they are going down the multiverse route then all bets are off

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5684 on: September 15, 2019, 06:33:30 pm »
Well, they did chuck in the whole time travel thing for a reason, I think. It wasn't just to serve the plot. Can just about hear the groans of CGI artists once they realised they'll have to de-age everyone.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5685 on: September 15, 2019, 10:48:46 pm »
Yeah or.....it’s a prequel. You know....set in the past.

You know how like
Spoiler
Darth Vader
[close]
and
Spoiler
Yoda
[close]
were in
Spoiler
Revenge of the Sith
[close]
even though they’d already
Spoiler
died
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5686 on: September 16, 2019, 03:28:33 am »
Yeah or.....it’s a prequel. You know....set in the past.

You know how like
Spoiler
Darth Vader
[close]
and
Spoiler
Yoda
[close]
were in
Spoiler
Revenge of the Sith
[close]
even though they’d already
Spoiler
died
[close]

14 years and still gets spoiler tags :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5687 on: September 16, 2019, 09:46:55 am »
These people:

I just think it would be a bold move to replace a Jewish survivor of the holocaust with a Palestinian victim of Israel's treatment of Palestine.

"Bold move" - That last sentence is a disgraceful remark on its own merits - and certainly has no place in a discussion of a comic book franchise. Don't DM me or any such nonsense either.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5688 on: September 16, 2019, 04:13:12 pm »
‘Kin hell.

Seriously who gives a fuck about skin colour, I just want someone to make a decent fucking x-men movie that isn’t campy and full of origin bullshit.

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5689 on: September 16, 2019, 04:16:33 pm »
‘Kin hell.

Seriously who gives a fuck about skin colour, I just want someone to make a decent fucking x-men movie that isn’t campy and full of origin bullshit.

I just want a proper Gambit & Rogue movie.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5690 on: September 16, 2019, 04:29:23 pm »
‘Kin hell.

Marvel basically make campy origin stories as their bread and butter, it might be a rough few years...

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5691 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:01 pm »
Marvel basically make campy origin stories as their bread and butter, it might be a rough few years...

I'll take a campy/flirty Rogue over the goth emo one that was served up before.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5692 on: September 16, 2019, 07:24:00 pm »
X-Men is serious business.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5693 on: September 16, 2019, 09:25:41 pm »
It's a prequel set around Civil War apparently, but sort of a shame his death lasted one movie.

You could say that about Black Widow too lol.

Hell, who's to say Steve Rodgers doesn't turn up, on his way putting the Infinity Stones back?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5694 on: September 16, 2019, 10:17:23 pm »
I just want a proper Gambit & Rogue movie.

I'm with you, brother.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y0f3vp5FZPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y0f3vp5FZPU</a>
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #5695 on: September 17, 2019, 02:22:26 am »
My feeling is with X-Men, they can either have the whole cast fairly young with Fassbender and McAvoy and set it in the 60s-80s, like the series just ended, and hook it into the broader MCU via time travel/interdimensional travel.

Or they could have an older Magneto/Professor X and have the rest of the cast be younger, like X-Men-X-Men 3. Either works.

I actually think the X-Men franchise is too big and unwieldy and doesn't really marry up with the MCU though due to sheer size. Too many characters, too many balls in the air. Feige will mess up sooner or later.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5696 on: September 17, 2019, 10:28:11 am »
Can someone explain how and why the tesseract features in so many marvel films?

So far I've seen it being unearthed from a Norwegian safe house by a crazy nazi. 

Attached to Loki's Scepter.

An infinity stone in both Guardians films, infinity wars and endgame.

Being tracked down by the Skrulls and the Kree in Captain Marvel.

Is it more than just the "one" stone as in it's an energy source that's also a powerful weapon?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #5697 on: September 17, 2019, 10:46:06 am »

So far I've seen it being unearthed from a Norwegian safe house by a crazy nazi. 

Is it more than just the "one" stone as in it's an energy source that's also a powerful weapon?

Different stone

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5698 on: September 17, 2019, 11:16:28 am »
My feeling is with X-Men, they can either have the whole cast fairly young with Fassbender and McAvoy and set it in the 60s-80s, like the series just ended, and hook it into the broader MCU via time travel/interdimensional travel.

Or they could have an older Magneto/Professor X and have the rest of the cast be younger, like X-Men-X-Men 3. Either works.

I actually think the X-Men franchise is too big and unwieldy and doesn't really marry up with the MCU though due to sheer size. Too many characters, too many balls in the air. Feige will mess up sooner or later.

I wonder if they might introduce the X-Men in a similar way to how they did the Avengers. Rather than going headlong into an ensemble movie, they could introduce a number of the more interestering characters in solo movies (oh please God, Gambit) while being careful not to retread old ground with Fox's versions - i.e. the Wolverine saturation. Having said that, the Avengers 'A-list' stars lend themselves far more to solo movies. Another direction is to use links to current characters in the MCU. Storm could easily appear in Black Panther, Kitty Pryde in Guardians, Wolverine and Deadpool love-in etc. It's a difficult task though as the Fox iterations are still quite fresh in our minds. Like you say, one option is to keep on McAvoy and Fassbender, meaning they instantly avoid repeating themselves with origin stories. But I think this is the least likely outcome. I believe they will want to put their own stamp on the franchise without any previous baggage. Doing Apocalypse justice is an absolute must.

Although hesitant at first, the more I think about the idea of throwing Professor X and Magneto forward into the black rights era, the more interesting this could be. Especially as a way to truly separate these films from Fox's versions. I loved the dream casting above of Denzel and Fishbourne. Actually not sure who should play who! I think giving both characters their own separate movie could be very interesting as well. Giving a villain in Magneto his own solo movie would certainly be new for the MCU. It would also give both characters the proper screen time to fully immerse us into their opposing ideologies. Because that's the thing about Eric, he isn't completely wrong - even if his methods are. It's mad that I never knew about the story being based on MLK and Malcolm X because it makes so much sense when you realise it.

In any case, I think we'll see the Fantastic Four introduced first. Especially because all previous films are utter shite, so no-one needs to compare anything. I wait in hope for a proper origin story for one of my favourite Marvel characters - Norinn Rad AKA the Silver Surfer.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:19:26 am by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5699 on: September 17, 2019, 02:22:47 pm »
Think x men is too big a cast to add to the existing world. I suspect they may introduce them in a crossover avengers film first as part of another universe where they come together to fight a common foe like galactus or each other. They can then do xmen films thereafter in that already established world without having to fit in where they have been hiding so far

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5700 on: September 17, 2019, 02:27:17 pm »

It’s one of the infinity stones (6, possibly 7, of them) which contain unlimited energy and feature across many of the storylines - hence why they are often in so many of the films.

As someone said above the one in Loki’s sceptre was not the tesseract, it was the mind stone.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5701 on: September 17, 2019, 03:43:27 pm »
Well like they said in endgame

'If you pick the right time, there are 3 stones in New York'

3 stones of unlimited energy and power all within 10 blocks of each other

They are macguffins that drive the story and that is going to be the next big issue in the MCU. What macguffin can you have thats equal/more important than singularities of unlimited power

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5702 on: September 17, 2019, 04:14:03 pm »
Just watched Dark Phoenix, what a terrible movie.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5703 on: September 19, 2019, 12:12:50 pm »

I heard The Joker is also a dark Phoenix movie

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5704 on: September 19, 2019, 01:31:04 pm »
I wonder if they might introduce the X-Men in a similar way to how they did the Avengers. Rather than going headlong into an ensemble movie, they could introduce a number of the more interestering characters in solo movies

My plan for ages was this - introduce Bobby Drake in Spider-Man 3, introduce Ororo Munroe in Black Panther 2, have post credit scenes in each with Xavier inviting them to his school.  Then you do X-Men with Jean, Scott and Hank already there and Bobby and Ororo as new students.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #5705 on: September 19, 2019, 06:45:06 pm »

Yep just awful, Sophie Turner being the worst on display here, closely followed by the usually good Jessica Chastain, Definitely the worst X men movie
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5706 on: September 19, 2019, 08:37:56 pm »
Apocalypse was way worse. They should have called it a day with Days of Future Past (and Logan, obvz).

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5707 on: September 20, 2019, 01:53:22 am »
Oh totally, I just can't imagine anything more ballsy. My guess is they do black guys (Denzel and Fishburne!) and connect it to the civil rights movement

The keen investigative journalists at TheLadBible say Denzel is in line to play Magneto.

You're all welcome. I forgot Fishburne was in AntMan 2: Ant Harder so I guess that won't happen, but also at this point Marvel don't really care about any of that so why not just reuse him?

Rudd can look at the camera and wink when they first appear on screen together.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #5708 on: September 23, 2019, 04:23:47 pm »

The Tesseract is an artifact that exists to house the Space Stone, one of the six infinity stones.

Chronologically...

The Tesseract is discovered by the Red Skull in Captain America - The First Avenger, around 1942. It had previously been held by the Asgardians but was lost on Earth in ancient times. Following Cap's plane crash and apparent death, the Tesseract is found by Howard Stark.

It next turns up in Captain Marvel, in the mid 90s. Where it eventually finds its way back to Nick Fury.

And by the time of Avengers, it is being studied by Professor Selvig, from the first Thor movie.

Thanos is now aware of its location and sends Loki to retrieve it. (Giving Loki a sceptre containing the Mind Stone. This probably wasn't the original plan, as it seems out of character for Thanos to risk the one stone he already had, let alone hand it over to someone like Loki. Anyway, that's how it plays out.)

At the end of Avengers, Thor takes the Tesseract back to Asgard. It remains there until it is stolen by Loki at the end of Thor Ragnarok.

Which takes you to the start of Infinity War, where Thanos finds the Tesseract and destroys it to retrieve the Space Stone within it.

Loki's sceptre contains the Mind Stone.
The Guardians find the Orb, which is the casing for the Power Stone, in GOTG.
The Aether is another form of the Reality Stone, and features in Thor: The Dark World.
The Time Stone is contained in Dr Strange's Amulet, the Eye of Agamotto.

That's five of the six, with Thanos finding the sixth in Infinity War.

It is not explained who originally put the Space Stone into the Tesseract, but it is a famous object of great power, known and feared throughout the galaxy.

The Tesseract design and concept owes a lot to the Cosmic Cube, which was the all-powerful maguffin at the centre of the original Thanos storyline in the comics. (The Infinity Gems came much later.) There have been several Cosmic Cubes appearing in Marvel Comics over the years, the first being created in a Lee-Kirby Tales of Suspense from 1966, where it was essentially a generic wish-granting magic box.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5709 on: September 24, 2019, 09:50:58 am »
I think it can be put down to the simple fact that during phase 1 (Iron Man to The Avengers), they had absolutely no idea they would go full Infinity War (and let alone full Civil War in between). This was purely to test the waters and if it didn't work out then it can just be a simple maguffin that a phase could be built around. But still leaving the post credits appearance of Thanos as a taster (hence why he looks so different to the Brolin one that we eventually see)

I doubt back then Loki's septre was ever going to be an infinity stone. Just a toy Loki had to help control minds

It was probably only when 1st Guardians film even broached the subject of the 6 stones that the idea of going full infinity war

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5710 on: September 24, 2019, 10:49:31 am »
I doubt back then Loki's septre was ever going to be an infinity stone. Just a toy Loki had to help control minds

It was probably only when 1st Guardians film even broached the subject of the 6 stones that the idea of going full infinity war
Eh, pretty debatable. If I had to guess I'd say the sceptre was probably the start of the Infinity 'stones' thing, as Loki got it from Thanos in The Avengers and Thanos is always associated with them. Then they retconned the Cosmic Cube into the Space Stone.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5711 on: September 27, 2019, 04:09:49 pm »
So, Sony and Marvel have made up - will work together on Spider-Man 3, due July 2021. Plus he'll apparently appear in one more additional Marvel film.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5712 on: September 27, 2019, 07:24:10 pm »
Feige's parting gift before moving to Lucasfilm

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5713 on: September 27, 2019, 07:24:57 pm »
Feige's parting gift before moving to Lucasfilm

There's no way he's leaving Marvel.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5714 on: September 27, 2019, 09:34:56 pm »
25% profits goes to Marvel/Disney
Disney get all the merchandise money
1 film with Sony and 1 film with MCU
Tom Holland keeps the role

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5715 on: September 28, 2019, 09:14:32 am »
There's no way he's leaving Marvel.

Why not? What else is left for him to achieve on a personal level?

The MCU movies average a billion dollars close to, and the finale is the highest grossing movie of all time. He isn't gonna top that. MCU will have a downward curve now. I'm not saying they'll all flop, but they certainly won't hit the heights of the first 3 phases.

He could consider reviving the Star Wars franchise a new challenge.

Personally though what would be amazing is if he moves to Warner and gets DCEU going

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5716 on: September 28, 2019, 02:31:56 pm »
Why not? What else is left for him to achieve on a personal level?

The MCU movies average a billion dollars close to, and the finale is the highest grossing movie of all time. He isn't gonna top that. MCU will have a downward curve now. I'm not saying they'll all flop, but they certainly won't hit the heights of the first 3 phases.

He could consider reviving the Star Wars franchise a new challenge.

Personally though what would be amazing is if he moves to Warner and gets DCEU going

I don't think running Marvel is so time consuming that he can't do both, is my guess. They're more or less on autopilot at this point.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5717 on: September 28, 2019, 11:53:31 pm »
Kevin Feige could do a Thanos and 'Finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe'. The MCU up to this moment is a decades legacy that has generated money on the scale of a small countries GDP.

From a producers point of view he has achieved everything he can. The next phase will be almost starting from a Phase 1.

Star Wars would be a massive change but probably what they need after the end of the 3rd Trilogy

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5718 on: September 29, 2019, 10:09:26 pm »
Doctor strange and Ant Man have finally been released in 4K meaning that every MCU film is now out there in 4K goodness

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5719 on: September 30, 2019, 05:15:26 am »
What is this shit?

Feige is producing one Star Wars film. He’s not leaving the MCU. He’s also going to fold in the X-Men and F4.

But he’s Thanos, and his work is done. Ya fucking fannies.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?