Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586663 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4440 on: July 28, 2020, 09:50:15 am »
Looks all Ipswich to me.

Good look Lallana, some of the best touches you'll see on a football pitch.

Needs FISONS as sponsor!

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #4441 on: July 28, 2020, 10:27:03 am »
Good luck Adam, wish you all the best with Brightion.

That kit looks amazing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4442 on: July 28, 2020, 10:28:29 am »

He looks pretty cool in that kit and after that interview its good to see him genuinely excited for his future. Hope he does well at Brighton, a lot of time for Graham Potter and the way he's going about things.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4443 on: July 28, 2020, 11:18:42 am »
I respect him so much for how he's handled himself during the past couple of years. He was important on the pitch during Klopp's early days here and I have to admit that he was overrated in terms of his contribution by many (not to say he didn't contribute because he did, but I do remember many even saying he was our player of the season during a season when he didn't score or assist once past Christmas).

I think with him being such an industrious worker and a player of slick touches and being two-footed, he had the potential to be even better than he was. I say was, he's 32 now and his best days are behind him. I don't get the feeling of wasted talent, but certainly a feeling of what could have been. He seems like a cracking lad and I wish him all the best at Brighton. If they can get 20-25 league games out of him next season somehow then they'll have no problems staying up. Potter will be a good fit for him I think, I do like him.

Thanks for everything Adam. Blue doesn't suit you though!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4444 on: July 28, 2020, 11:19:10 am »
Did anyone think that?!

Maybe didn’t think Lovren was quite Klopps sort of CB but was still easily our best one at the time. But Lallana? Pretty sure most people thought he was the player the gaffer would most want to work with when he arrived.

Nah, he was written off a lot. People thought he'd be too lightweight for Klopp's style.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4445 on: July 28, 2020, 12:07:00 pm »
really was excited when we bought him, thought he was perfect for us...

been a strange old time for Lallana, but overall i think he has been a good player for us and wish him well at brighton. nice place to go retire
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4446 on: July 28, 2020, 05:09:07 pm »
, Sami Hypia was another when he played 16 games in 2018/19.

Must be losing my eyesight worse than I thought :) Ohhh Sami Sami...

Massive respect to Adam Lallana - one of the the founders of the amazing team that plays for us at the moment
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4447 on: July 28, 2020, 05:57:11 pm »
For as long as they can keep him on the field (and in the middle) he will do a great job for Brighton

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4448 on: July 28, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
Exactly what Brighton need , just hope he can stay fit

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4449 on: July 28, 2020, 06:15:15 pm »
Good luck Adam, I'd love for you to have a special end to your career, thanks for your service to our club you were a big part of our wonderful journey.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4450 on: July 28, 2020, 09:19:29 pm »
Great person, excellent footballer, model professional on and off the pitch. Best of luck Adam, except for the two particular games a season (everyone knows which ones)!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4451 on: July 28, 2020, 09:31:09 pm »
Loving the pin-stipes on the new Brighton kit. So long, Adam. Best of luck with everything apart from when you play us.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4452 on: July 29, 2020, 12:02:43 am »
 fond of Brighton, so quite pleased to him him go there. All the best Adam, except when playing against us obviously.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4453 on: July 29, 2020, 09:21:56 am »
All the best to him great servant for the club was outstanding in the 16/17 season which started our journey to where we are today. Great coup for Brighton who will have a decent season next season under one of the best young managers around in Graham Potter.

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4454 on: July 29, 2020, 07:09:31 pm »
You know the old expression, if you’ve got nothing nice to say.....

You’ve clearly got absolutely no idea how the club works, how the staff work, what the manager values. You’re surprised by the eulogising on here? Try the eulogising from the manager, the eulogising from the staff, eulogising from a group of players who are currently English, European and World champions. Eulogising from every journo who covers the club, about his important to the club and our success. We offered him an extension purely so he could be around for the climax of the season, knowing full well he wouldn’t play.

But yeah... you really smashed it there ;)

nice one

I was really excited we signed him after some incredible performances for Southampton and I also felt sorry for him that injury robbed of having the same impact at Liverpool with better players around him.

I hope it works out for him, but it is hard to see that his body will be miraculously fixed. A sad story for very talented English player.

My funniest memory of him is the ripping he took in here when he was at Southampton when he moaned about something he 'didn't like', leading to lots of 'what Adam Llana doesn't like' jokes.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4455 on: July 30, 2020, 04:14:32 pm »
Horrible deal for Brighton and an odd move.... 90k a week apparantely which busts their wage structure for a midfieder to play from 32 years old to 35 after he's played >500 minutes a season for the last 3 years

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4456 on: July 30, 2020, 04:26:48 pm »
Horrible deal for Brighton and an odd move.... 90k a week apparantely which busts their wage structure for a midfieder to play from 32 years old to 35 after he's played >500 minutes a season for the last 3 years

I didn't know it would be busting their wage structure. Could cause resentment with some of their other players but lets see how it plays out

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4457 on: July 30, 2020, 04:31:16 pm »
I didn't know it would be busting their wage structure. Could cause resentment with some of their other players but lets see how it plays out

If the interenet is to be believe (?!) their top earners are on 50k !
By all accounts he's a great person off the pitch so its not so much that I don't think its more for their club and where their resources are. It's actually a decent sized gamble for them.

Great deal for Lallana obviously so makes a ton of sense for him - will have been tough for him to get 3 years anywhere

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: July 30, 2020, 05:27:58 pm »
Good luck to the lad as gave us the best years of his career and also the worse injuries which rob us and himself of some great performances under Klopp who would have loved a fit Lallana that past three years. Hopefully he stays healthy and keeps Brighton in the league next season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4459 on: July 30, 2020, 10:23:46 pm »
Players on a free always tend to get higher wages. As others have said he's immediately their best player.

Best of luck and thank you for all you did here.

YNWA.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #4460 on: July 31, 2020, 04:46:04 am »
All the Best! The discussions should be in the Former LFC Players
🔥97🔥

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4461 on: September 14, 2020, 08:16:20 pm »
Good luck tonight, here’s to a debut to remember.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4462 on: September 14, 2020, 09:01:37 pm »
And off injured... shame man.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4463 on: September 15, 2020, 03:08:38 am »
That was brutal, he showed his exceptional quality in buildup and went off injured. In the first half of the first match with his new club. That sucks, feel bad for him
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4464 on: October 27, 2020, 10:15:00 pm »
Classy from Lallana there after the game. Seemed to be choking up a bit.
bollocks

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: October 27, 2020, 10:18:06 pm »
Legend

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4466 on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:22 pm »

Enjoyed listening to him and crouchy talking about the club

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4467 on: October 27, 2020, 10:28:03 pm »

You can tell Lallana loved playing for us. Really enjoyed listening to him tonight. Class guy
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4468 on: October 27, 2020, 10:33:22 pm »
Love Adam, it was nice seeing him tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4469 on: October 27, 2020, 11:39:49 pm »
What a really great guy he came across tonight.

Seems the type of guy people would struggle not to get on with. He still loves the Club too.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4470 on: October 27, 2020, 11:57:34 pm »
Good honest man, Adam Lallana.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4471 on: October 28, 2020, 02:45:24 am »
A gentleman - real contrast with Carragher.

https://youtu.be/8hXDs6CnH_Q
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 02:49:37 am by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4472 on: October 28, 2020, 03:16:59 am »
A gentleman - real contrast with Carragher.

https://youtu.be/8hXDs6CnH_Q
Uses proper adverbs as well
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4473 on: October 28, 2020, 08:09:32 am »
He'd have probably started the last couple of games given the injuries. Still a good player.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4474 on: October 28, 2020, 10:39:50 am »
How good does it feel having 2 former players on the TV yesterday defending the club instead of criticising them. Makes a change from listening to Carragher on sky.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4475 on: October 28, 2020, 10:43:13 am »
He looked cool and intelligent and spoke that way. Doesn't seem the type to indulge in cliches and hyperbole so he has no chance if moving into punditry when he retires.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4476 on: October 28, 2020, 11:07:24 am »
Its been mentioned in the Minamino thread, but he spoke about how he was trying too hard at the start and it took him 18 months to settle.

Crouchy popped up with the settled straight away, only took him 18 games to get his first goal. I remember it well, you could feel the relief right around the ground.

People need to pay attention to when English lads, moving from an established PL club, talk about struggling to settle at Liverpool, before going off at young foreign lads struggling.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 11:08:55 am by rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking." »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4477 on: October 28, 2020, 06:33:12 pm »
I just thought it was good to see 2 ex players treating the club that was arguably the pinnacle of both their careers with respect.

That’s all I want from ex players, treat the club that did so much for them with respect. Not using the association with us to further their punditry careers by creating controversy.

I’ll treat all ex players with respect as long as they do the same in return.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4478 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:04 pm »
I just thought it was good to see 2 ex players treating the club that was arguably the pinnacle of both their careers with respect.

That’s all I want from ex players, treat the club that did so much for them with respect. Not using the association with us to further their punditry careers by creating controversy.

And when they analyse and criticise you'd treat their opinion with the respect it deserves.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4479 on: October 28, 2020, 06:49:35 pm »

It was nice to hear from Lallana last night, but I don't agree with you here Charlie.

No one wants crap football pundits (and lord knows we have more than a few) but ex-Liverpool players who become pundits should be under no special obligation to show 'respect' or love or generosity towards Liverpool. They should be fair-minded, yes, but they should also be independent. Those working for LFC.tv have an obligation of loyalty but no independent journalist should owe loyalty to anything but the truth as they see it.

And, personally, as much as I enjoyed hearing Crouchie and Lallana talk about Liverpool I was a little bit aware of the encroaching 'cringe factor'. There's nothing worse than hearing a cosy conversation about your own club. It so easily degenerates into cliche and falsity. LFC.tv suffers from this every time they interview a new signing. "What about our special atmosphere?" etc etc. It makes you blush with shame.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.