Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586761 times)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3240 on: September 4, 2018, 11:49:17 pm »
Sigh.

Such a shame. Shades of Sturridge here. Injuries have robbed him of so much playing time when he should be at the peak of his powers. Gutted for him and more importantly for the club.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3241 on: September 5, 2018, 12:33:05 am »
why is lallana called up for england in the 1st place ? He hasn't started any of our matches.....didn't even make the bench for a few.....

It’s an absolute joke. That big toothed twat Southgate played him twice in a week in friendlies to snap his groin the first time round, then left him out of the World Cup squad.. lallana has not kicked a ball for us this year and he’s back playing international friendlies and getting injured again.

Unfortunately I get the feeling with lallana that he’s more likely to quit Liverpool to prolong his England career than the other way round.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: September 5, 2018, 12:54:26 am »
It’s an absolute joke. That big toothed twat Southgate played him twice in a week in friendlies to snap his groin the first time round, then left him out of the World Cup squad.. lallana has not kicked a ball for us this year and he’s back playing international friendlies and getting injured again.

Unfortunately I get the feeling with lallana that he’s more likely to quit Liverpool to prolong his England career than the other way round.

How do you think that would happen?

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #3243 on: September 5, 2018, 02:55:35 am »
Just as Trent profited from the injury to Clyne last season and left him firmly in his shadow, I have a feeling that Curtis Jones will do the same to Lallana in the coming months. Jones has already shown in pre-season that he has plenty of ability and swagger to thrive at the top level. If Klopp thinks that Jones is physically ready to handle the PL, he won't hesitate to throw him in.

As for Lallana, I feel for him. As we saw from Owen's interview the other week, constant injuries can have a debilitating effect on a player's confidence and state of mind. He probably thought that playing a couple of friendlies for England would've been a good way for him to get some match sharpness back to prepare for our schedule ahead but its clear that his body can't handle the additional load. He needs to either jib off international football for good or atleast think of having a specialized training regimen for him to stay fit over a longer period of time.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3244 on: September 5, 2018, 03:06:57 am »
These September internationals are tiresome irrelevant distractions. Lallana probably thought he had more chance of a game  with England than with us.

Can't understand people getting irritated with the lad . Nobody 's more pissed off and frustrated than him.

And another thing. Klopp knows if and when a player should be moved on. Not the backroom FIFA 2018 management commitee.

« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 03:10:26 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3245 on: September 5, 2018, 10:08:17 am »
How do you think that would happen?

Stops being selected for England due to lack of first team opportunities >> leaves Liverpool for more game time

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3246 on: September 5, 2018, 10:11:29 am »
He needs to quit internationals Im  afraid.

It's definitely something he needs to sit down and really think about now; he'll be 32 by the time Euro 2020 comes around. Given that he's never relied on pace, it's certainly not beyond a player of his talents to still be in England's side at that age - especially when it's obvious Southgate really likes him - but the time has come for him to listen to his body and, perhaps, put his club first in the same way Milner did aged 30.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3247 on: September 5, 2018, 11:17:20 am »
Stops being selected for England due to lack of first team opportunities yet another injury >>....

Fixed that for you

If Lallana goes to another club, it's not going to be a top club that is going to win titles and silverware. At his age, with his injury record and the way the game is at the moment, he's a squad player. He fits into our style and fills a gap in our midfield as we have a lot of athleticism but perhaps not a lot of finesse and ability on the ball. However, I don't see him getting a game with another top 6 team, and I think a big motivation for him (like all players) is to win trophies and titles etc.

In the England setup he's competing with Alli, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Sterling etc. They are all young players who are already integral to the setup, have played well when called on, and will probably be around for longer. I think Southgate will try to build around that nucleus of young players that did well at the World Cup, rather than call on older players who are really at the fringes of the set up. After their World Cup success, England will want to springboard the next generation of decent youngsters into becoming top class players - some aren't far away as it is (many of TAA, Gomez, Sessegnon, Loftus-Cheek, Winks, Cook, Abraham, Solanke could probably take England to the 2020 Olympics for instance if not the Euros)
« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 11:32:59 am by mrantarctica »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #3248 on: September 5, 2018, 11:19:31 am »
It's definitely something he needs to sit down and really think about now; he'll be 32 by the time Euro 2020 comes around. Given that he's never relied on pace, it's certainly not beyond a player of his talents to still be in England's side at that age - especially when it's obvious Southgate really likes him - but the time has come for him to listen to his body and, perhaps, put his club first in the same way Milner did aged 30.

He could spend some quality time at home during the international break sat in his pyjama's

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3249 on: September 5, 2018, 11:58:30 am »
He could spend some quality time at home during the international break sat in his pyjama's

Exactly mate. Personally reckon he's lacking potassium in his diet.  ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: September 5, 2018, 12:50:46 pm »
When was this in your opinion?

It's been 2 years since he was last a useful contributor to our team and we have massively improved throughout that period.

Nice lad and everything but this is why we needed a Fekir-type player to replace him in the squad this season.

Or what Amanshah21 said.

No not in my opinion. Pretty much everyone who posted on this thread - over that period were in concencus - if you rewatch those games it will remind you. (Although you might have misread my post - those pages were September 2016 )

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3251 on: September 5, 2018, 02:05:05 pm »
Still can't get around the fact that he is being called up for england while he hasn't really featured for us this season...... Its unbelievable (EMF).

This might benefit shaqiri somewhat.....read somewhere that klopp could play him as the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3252 on: September 5, 2018, 02:19:01 pm »
I don't see any evidence that this lad can contribute for us anymore regardless of internationals. Anytime he has got close to making a comeback, he has broken down again, and he is the sort of player that takes ages to recover from his many injuries in both fitness and form. I'd be 100% cutting him loose in January, I would have done so in the summer if not for AOC's situation.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: September 5, 2018, 07:26:07 pm »
So he should be back by the end of the month.

I feel sorry for him, because he's a great lad, and a really good player. However, he has two problems - the obvious injury issues, and the fact that he always seems to take a while to get back up to speed after a period out. Sturridge, for example, would come back from injury and immediately make an impact. He's lost a bit of that pace (or the willingness to use it) over the last few years, but you know that if you put him on the pitch he will contribute. Meanwhile, Lallana needs a good run of games (I'm talking months) until he's back playing near the level he's capable of. I suppose it's just the kind of player he is - he needs that sharpness. This coupled with his injury frequency are a pretty bad mix, and I think he will be a luxury player for us from now on.

I'm raring to see the Lallana of 16/17, I miss that player a lot.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3254 on: September 5, 2018, 08:08:05 pm »
Back by the end of the month, if he's able to start and contribute in the League Cup game against Chelsea and come in as a sub in of the next 2-3 games if needed, then it's well and good and the injury's done no harm.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3255 on: September 5, 2018, 09:07:37 pm »
Looks like he'll be back soon which is good news. Disagree with people saying he hasn't looked good, he's done absolutely fine when played in midfield and terrible when played out wide. Which is pretty much how he's always been since he joined.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3256 on: September 6, 2018, 12:40:15 pm »
Lallana's been injured 18 times since signing for us in 2014, 4 times while on international duty. On this occasion it would have benefitted us for him to get a run out. Hopefully he's back for the League Cup game against Chelsea.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: October 5, 2018, 01:52:28 pm »
@JamesPearceEcho
Klopp: "Adam Lallana is in full training, we will have to see."

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: October 5, 2018, 02:01:43 pm »
@JamesPearceEcho

Back for selection after international break then in all likelyhood? Hope he stays fit for a while this time, we could have done with him on Weds.
Football is a lie

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3259 on: October 5, 2018, 02:17:01 pm »
@JamesPearceEcho

Great news
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #3260 on: October 5, 2018, 02:19:07 pm »
There is one monumental hole in between the lines created by unfortunate injuries to Lallana and OX. Get back soon Adam David Lallana, we just cant do shit with the ball in congested space. Its your turn (with the ball, pun intended) Adam, come back and stay healthy please.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3261 on: October 5, 2018, 02:26:05 pm »
@JamesPearceEcho

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3262 on: October 5, 2018, 02:58:51 pm »
I forgot he's still with us to be honest.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: October 5, 2018, 03:20:04 pm »
Like the big D we need him to push on and give us Options.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3264 on: October 5, 2018, 03:35:40 pm »
Like the big D we need him to push on and give us Options.

Yep. He needs to start contributing to the squad like Daniel is now. We can't afford anymore passengers.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3265 on: October 5, 2018, 03:46:39 pm »

Yep. He needs to start contributing to the squad like Daniel is now. We can't afford anymore passengers.

Lallana always takes weeks to get up to speed if I remember correctly. How and when will he be getting game time is my concern. Might have to play a bit with the U23s.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #3266 on: October 5, 2018, 03:55:25 pm »
This sounds like a harsh comment.

"Get fit Adam or get out" is what I read from your post Solomon. Its not nice. Lallana deserves a bit of respect for what he has done for Liverpool. Injuries just happen, even to the fittest. He never gave less than 100%.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2018, 04:02:46 pm by Destructive defensive mid »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3267 on: October 5, 2018, 05:27:06 pm »
This sounds like a harsh comment.

"Get fit Adam or get out" is what I read from your post Solomon. Its not nice. Lallana deserves a bit of respect for what he has done for Liverpool. Injuries just happen, even to the fittest. He never gave less than 100%.

Well, you would have been better off not reading it then if that is what you took from it. Not once have I ever blamed him for being injured. Not once. All I'm saying is we need him to get back to full fitness and start contributing like Daniel is. There will come a point where if he can't get fit and keep fit, the club will have to consider moving him on though.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2018, 05:29:00 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: October 5, 2018, 05:35:47 pm »
we need lallana...... he brings so much more to that attacking midfield role. Would like to see him on the bench against city.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3269 on: October 5, 2018, 06:00:38 pm »
we need lallana...... he brings so much more to that attacking midfield role. Would like to see him on the bench against city.
Absolutely would love to see how he does with Keita over a series of games.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #3270 on: October 5, 2018, 06:01:46 pm »
Same here
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3271 on: October 5, 2018, 06:02:23 pm »
My initial thought when I saw the thread title was that he was injured again.

Thankfully not. We need some creativity in midfield,

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3272 on: October 5, 2018, 06:15:31 pm »

why? it takes him about 6 weeks to get match fit

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #3273 on: October 5, 2018, 06:23:54 pm »
A fit Lallana coming off the bench for Keita would have been a nice option on Wednesday.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3274 on: October 5, 2018, 08:09:16 pm »

Worrying........

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: October 5, 2018, 08:12:21 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S0nlygb1Qfw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S0nlygb1Qfw</a>

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3276 on: October 5, 2018, 08:52:45 pm »
Is he fit and available for selection?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: October 5, 2018, 09:26:45 pm »
Is he fit and available for selection?

He is full training.

Thing with Lallana is that he cant even get a decent run of games to build some match fitness. At least in 16/17 and before whilst he still got injured he was able to get on the field for a good run.

At the moment he cannot even seem to get a decent stretch of appearances.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3278 on: October 5, 2018, 09:31:12 pm »
He cant get a decent cannot run of game
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3279 on: October 5, 2018, 09:45:45 pm »
He is full training.

Thing with Lallana is that he cant even get a decent run of games to build some match fitness. At least in 16/17 and before whilst he still got injured he was able to get on the field for a good run.

At the moment he cannot even seem to get a decent stretch of appearances.

He has been having adamantium bonded to his skeleton.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2018, 09:47:20 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill