Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3453309 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
That's really gonna take off there then............

Numbers are gonna fly up.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Highly unlikely to get public transport shut down, unless we see continued exponential growth in cases in a couple of weeks time.

Assuming people follow the rules now it shouldn't be required.

The only concern I would have would be the London tube, as there has been some overcrowding there due to a reduced service, so that still may be spreading the disease significantly.

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
Dont worry, the invitation to join the scheme just got lost in the post.

That's exactly what our enemy the EU did just to spite us

"However after an investigation into the matter the Government has now changed its position.

A spokesperson said: “Owing to an initial communication problem, the UK did not receive an invitation in time to join in four joint procurements in response to the coronavirus pandemic."

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/uk-may-join-eu-ventilator-scheme-after-all-following-email-invite-mixup
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Hypothetically wouldn't the air craft carrier be ok, minus any crew members with underlying conditions?

Everyone gets it, gets through it, gets immunity, and then is safe to return home.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hypothetically wouldn't the air craft carrier be ok, minus any crew members with underlying conditions?

Everyone gets it, gets through it, gets immunity, and then is safe to return home.

Hypothetically wouldn't the UK be ok, minus any people with underlying conditions?

Everyone gets it, gets through it, gets immunity, and then is safe to go back to normal life.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
There's an outbreak on a U.S. air carrier now.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-outbreak-on-aircraft-carrier-sends-troops-scrambling

Maybe Trump'll ask for it to be anchored off shore so it doesn't spoil his numbers. ::)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Anyone?

I work in Public Transport, there’s no plans at present as far as I am aware (but I only work in IT) but if we end up in an Italy type of situation then I would rule nothing out. The other danger is if enough transport staff become ill that services can’t be sustained. Train drivers are only qualified to drive one particular train, and on the underground they differ from some lines to the other, a District line train driver can’t drive a Central line train for example. And you need to make sure there’s enough maintenance staff to ensure safe operation of trains and track. Buses are probably easier because they need less maintenance and drivers can interchange quite easily.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Hypothetically wouldn't the UK be ok, minus any people with underlying conditions?

Everyone gets it, gets through it, gets immunity, and then is safe to go back to normal life.

Didn't realize the entire population of the UK was so fit and healthy, with everybody under the age of retirement. You guys will be fine, in that case.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Other half is being laid off. Her employers do a lot of work for Pilkingtons, probably accounts for around 60% of their revenue. Pilks have lost a lot of customers in the construction industry and are closing down temporarily, basically said if they wanted to keep the contract then her bosses firm would have to do the work for the next couple of months without being paid. They've decided to call it a day as not sustainable.

Not good.

This is what I said might happen earlier, not enough incentive for bosses to work for free and risk possessions to guarantee loans just to pay employees wages.
We are heading to a massive recession.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't realize the entire population of the UK was so fit and healthy, with everybody under the age of retirement. You guys will be fine, in that case.

But healthy people are killed as well, and who cares about those with underlying conditions eh? Disregard them and then it's all ok.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Christ this has really come at a bad time for me.    I need someone to talk to and quick!

Check your PM's mate.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
But healthy people are killed as well, and who cares about those with underlying conditions eh? Disregard them and then it's all ok.

Who is disregarding anyone? It's a fucking aircraft carrier. There aren't going to be terminally ill people, or people with COPD or anything like that working on there. Maybe a few people with asthma or similar issues, otherwise you have to be a certain level of fitness to serve.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
But UK retains member benefits while we’re in transition until 31st December.  Not to derail this thread with politics but if accurate it smacks of ‘cutting off the nose to spite the face’.

Unless Govt is confident this ‘Dyson’ deal (among others maybe?) is sufficient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_(company)

The directors of the ballbarrow company thought if a better vacuum was possible, Hoover or Electrolux would have invented it. Dyson was undeterred, and was kicked out of his company.[14] Jeremy Fry provided 49% of the investment for cyclonic vacuum development, and the rest came from a loan. In the shed behind his house,[14] Dyson developed 5,127 prototype designs between 1979 and 1984.[16] The first prototype vacuum cleaner, a red and blue machine, brought Dyson little success, as he struggled to find a licensee for his machine in the UK and America. Manufacturing companies such as Hoover did not want to licence the design, probably because the vacuum bag market was worth $500m so Dyson was a threat to their profits.[15]

Given his development history, I would not be overly confident of product being delivered any time soon! ::)

Seriously, though. I do not really understand why this order has been placed with Dyson. It smacks of favouring the big, visible company for reasons of publicity. What happened to the GTech ventilator, which was so simple it (apparently) operates via the pressure from the oxygen tank alone. A simple, mechanical device would seem to have inherent advantages.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who is disregarding anyone? It's a fucking aircraft carrier. There aren't going to be terminally ill people, or people with COPD or anything like that working on there. Maybe a few people with asthma or similar issues, otherwise you have to be a certain level of fitness to serve.

Of course on average they will be healthier, but it is killing otherwise healthy people.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
For the guy (Tom Pike) at imperial...

A reason to stick to the lockdown... IF we can keep to these numbers it would have been a major success ..
Am I reading it right - tomorrow’s forecast to be Italy’s worst day at around 1300 deaths?  Then it must also have been forecasting considerably more than the 700 totals we’ve seen over the past few days.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Of course on average they will be healthier, but it is killing otherwise healthy people.

Fair enough

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I got a letter today saying I'm in the at risk category because I have an underlying health condition. Claus you c*nt, as if you weren't bitter enough after embarrassing yourself in the movie draft!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_(company)

Given his development history, I would not be overly confident of product being delivered any time soon! ::)

Seriously, though. I do not really understand why this order has been placed with Dyson. It smacks of favouring the big, visible company for reasons of publicity. What happened to the GTech ventilator, which was so simple it (apparently) operates via the pressure from the oxygen tank alone. A simple, mechanical device would seem to have inherent advantages.

Dyson is an ardent Brexiteer though. That trumps any logical argument. The fact that he pushed for Brexit and then moved his business to Singapore is neither here or there.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
I got a letter today saying I'm in the at risk category because I have an underlying health condition. Claus you c*nt, as if you weren't bitter enough after embarrassing yourself in the movie draft!

Watch Con Air and Face/Off, the injection of testosterone will undo the damage done by a steady diet of crappy Disney nonsense and have you fighting fit in a day!

stay safe though dude

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Am I reading it right - tomorrow’s forecast to be Italy’s worst day at around 1300 deaths?  Then it must also have been forecasting considerably more than the 700 totals we’ve seen over the past few days.
I’m guessing that this is because of their strict lockdown..

And models aren’t actually real life of course...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Far from it! It was terrible in France as well, I'm used to going to a professionnal wholesale (Metro Cash n Carry) because we're 7 at home and meat and veggies are way cheaper there, it was havoc 10 days ago. I figured it would be really quiet as they had just closed all restaurants and pubs and they're the ones who traditionnally shop there but I couldn't have been more wrong. You had to wait 5mins for someone to bring back a cart, there was none available. When we finally got out they were letting in just as many cars as going out, and the queue was like 500m long to get in. Surreal.
I've not witnessed that, and I am in the east of the country, where the outbreak is probably at its worst.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
every block around just exploded into noise of people clapping, cheering and whistling, brilliant

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
every block around just exploded into noise of people clapping, cheering and whistling, brilliant

Yes was great here too (Preston way)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Same. Car horns and the lot going here. Made me have goose bumps. As the worse half of a paediatric A&E nurse I don't take what they do lightly, but I'm glad they're getting more recognition at this time.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Watch Con Air and Face/Off, the injection of testosterone will undo the damage done by a steady diet of crappy Disney nonsense and have you fighting fit in a day!

stay safe though dude

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Wasn't even aware of the clapping thing, thought fireworks were going on outside. Terrific here.
:D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Wasn't even aware of the clapping thing, thought fireworks were going on outside. Terrific here.

Just heard a couple of fireworks, what is this about?
#Sausages

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not heard the Bin Lids out in Belfast in nearly 40 yrs.

They were out tonight.  :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loads out on our street for the clap.
We're all off down the local now for a sesh
bollocks

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
Cheering, Clapping, Pan Banging and a few fireworks going off in North Liverpool...
 :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave
YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I’m guessing that this is because of their strict lockdown..

And models aren’t actually real life of course...

Especially when it is another pre-print none peer reviewed model. The biggest worry though is that it is based on using China's numbers despite other countries adopting a far less draconian lock down. It also disregards how effectively China ramped up their testing and tracing of cases.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Just heard a couple of fireworks, what is this about?

Clap for carers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
Brilliant response in the neighbourhood.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Same here in Bristol. My neighbour is a nurse, she was out clapping, I told her to stop because it was for her and the rest of the heroes.  This has been terrible, but that was remarkably uplifting. God bless them.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Clap for carers.

Cheers just seen it on the BBC news website.
#Sausages

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Clap for carers.

Aren't enough of them getting sick already?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Aren't enough of them getting sick already?

:D :D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Dyson is an ardent Brexiteer though. That trumps any logical argument. The fact that he pushed for Brexit and then moved his business to Singapore is neither here or there.

Not to mention all the tax payers money he took in the form of grants etc. before he upsticks and moved his manufacturing abroad. Brexit potentially allows him to get his products into the UK with lower tariffs so that he can line his pockets even more. He's seen as a entrepreneur, I despise the bloke.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Especially when it is another pre-print none peer reviewed model. The biggest worry though is that it is based on using China's numbers despite other countries adopting a far less draconian lock down. It also disregards how effectively China ramped up their testing and tracing of cases.
It’s based on the numbers of 8 co(tires I think
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

I read it more as "If all those countries followed the same curve as China then...". Which is fair enough so long as you're allowing for some countries not following that curve...
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."