Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458603 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
So here's a question - if we are about to go the same way, a lockdown, what should I do to prepare? What do you wish you had thought of?

Just a case of keeping an eye on things, i live on my own so can do shopping that will last me for a couple of weeks, but mostly getting fresh stuff like milk/bread ecc & then being able to pay bills than can't be paid online, gas & electric i can top up at the local petrol station, they're both on PASG & can't top up online, i do have an emergency £5 for the gas but that will only last a couple of days before i really need to top up
#Sausages

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So the UK is still at a 5% mortality rate, where we have been from the beginning.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Our roads are quiet from cars and wagons but I've never seen so many families out on bikes, walking dogs or just going for a walk.

I know people aren't working and the weather's finely picked up so its lovely seeing families doing family stuff together but it's never this busy during the school holidays, so why now?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
So here's a question - if we are about to go the same way, a lockdown, what should I do to prepare? What do you wish you had thought of?

Buy all the toilet rolls you can lay your hands on. The expensive ones that feel like velvet, the cheap ones that feel like sandpaper, get them all!

In all seriousness, I made sure I had plenty of baby formula and food for my 7 month old, but other then that shop sensibly and encourage others to do the same. It’s embarrassing that from what has been said in the news, this is the only country to have seen panic buying in Europe.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How accepting of the lockdown are people? Have opinions changed?

I ask because I don't know what my reaction would be if we went for a lockdown. On one hand it would be easier for me if I wasn't allowed to go out. I'd have to adapt to the new situation and initially I don't think I would mind. But I think I would be concerned from the perspective of individual freedom. I don't want to see the police marching up and down the street to keep the population under control.

I don't think that would ever happen here (or there?). We would never have the resources to strictly enforce a lockdown. Doubt many places do, other than ones already used to such measures  Like a lot of the rules and laws of our mostly free societies, it's up to us to be good. And the vast majority will, especially something concerning a life and death matter like this

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan

Not so much me, but I have a relative that is going through chemotherapy and cant leave the house. Its been a near impossibility to get them a delivery slot for food. If you know anyone vulnerable, try and get them a food delivery slot booked in advance. Book one now and add to the order closer to the date if you know they are going to be locked away.  Could get them through the first week or two until you/they can get into a routine.

If you are not at risk yourself, you should be ok to carry on as normal-ish.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:D

Seems mad that people should feel guilty that they've got a job though.
Not at all mate but you've got to understand people that are going through this, just the same as you, with a massive financial worry on top of it all.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think that would ever happen here. We would never have the resources to strictly enforce a lockdown. Doubt many places do, other than ones already used to such measures  Like a lot of the rules and laws of our mostly free societies, it's up to us to be good. And the vast majority will, especially something concerning a life and death matter like this
North Yorkshire police have been doing vehicle checks today.  Pulling over selective cars asking why they're out and about.

My hubby has come home from work today with a letter to show to the police if he gets stopped travelling to and from work. 

They were also patrolling at Morrisons when I was shopping earlier.  2 cars and a van Paul said and I was only in for 20mins.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:08:28 pm by reddebs »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Been keeping an eye on the roads.  Busier than Christmas, but quieter than a typical Sunday I think.  Other than my trip to the Royal on Saturday night I've not been into Liverpool city centre since last Thursday.  By all accounts it's effectively a ghost town.

Oh and my friend gave birth today, which is nice. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Juliano

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Buy all the toilet rolls you can lay your hands on. The expensive ones that feel like velvet, the cheap ones that feel like sandpaper, get them all!

In all seriousness, I made sure I had plenty of baby formula and food for my 7 month old, but other then that shop sensibly and encourage others to do the same. It’s embarrassing that from what has been said in the news, this is the only country to have seen panic buying in Europe.

Far from it! It was terrible in France as well, I'm used to going to a professionnal wholesale (Metro Cash n Carry) because we're 7 at home and meat and veggies are way cheaper there, it was havoc 10 days ago. I figured it would be really quiet as they had just closed all restaurants and pubs and they're the ones who traditionnally shop there but I couldn't have been more wrong. You had to wait 5mins for someone to bring back a cart, there was none available. When we finally got out they were letting in just as many cars as going out, and the queue was like 500m long to get in. Surreal.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

Learn to cook 3-4 meals outside what you would usually cook.
Have a working area and a home area.
Keep to working hours and dress like you're going to work.
Sleep.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
For the guy (Tom Pike) at imperial...

A reason to stick to the lockdown... IF we can keep to these numbers it would have been a major success ..

*This is of course a model and tiny differences in inputs can  make big differences in outcomes
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I don't think that would ever happen here (or there?). We would never have the resources to strictly enforce a lockdown. Doubt many places do, other than ones already used to such measures  Like a lot of the rules and laws of our mostly free societies, it's up to us to be good. And the vast majority will, especially something concerning a life and death matter like this

The Police & Army have had cutbacks left right & centre the last 10 years, think how many main roads would need to be policed this way than you have all the side roads which also act as cut throughs it'd be impossible to police.
#Sausages

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Other than my trip to the Royal on Saturday night I've not been into Liverpool city centre since last Thursday.  By all accounts it's effectively a ghost town.

Dead as a dodo, bar the occasional smackheads screaming at each other outside ours.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
When I was signed off for three months when our kid passed they started taking debts from me direct from my ESA. I think I ended up on a tenner a week or something and my tax credits which is 52 quid a week. The CSA took a big chunk of it as they estimated my earnings on last years income.

Thats cruelty as public policy. Sorry you had to go through that, no one should. Im going to have to go on UC if i dont get a job soon, not looking forward to it to say the least.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

A reason to stick to the lockdown... IF we can keep to these numbers it would have been a major success ..

*This is of course a model and tiny differences in inputs can  make big differences in outcomes

Is it Neil Ferguson that's put that together then?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
North Yorkshire police have been doing vehicle checks today.  Pulling over selective cars asking why they're out and about.

My hubby has come home from work today with a letter to show to the police if he gets stopped travelling to and from work. 

They were also patrolling at Morrisons when I was shopping earlier.  2 cars and a van Paul said and I was only in for 20mins.

Pretty much the same as the 2011 riots when individual forces made individual decisions on how their area should be Policed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
Other half is being laid off. Her employers do a lot of work for Pilkingtons, probably accounts for around 60% of their revenue. Pilks have lost a lot of customers in the construction industry and are closing down temporarily, basically said if they wanted to keep the contract then her bosses firm would have to do the work for the next couple of months without being paid. They've decided to call it a day as not sustainable.

Not good.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
That looks a bit encouraging to me - seems the public were changing their normal routine even before lockdown (was lockdown the 23rd?). Would be interesting to see what it’s been since then.

Also it’s worth keeping in mind that in the modelling from Imperial it assumed for social distancing when implemented,  a 75% reduction in contacts outside of the household. If it ends up being a bigger reduction than that then maybe the effect could be greater?

I thought the same, I think the headline is misleading.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

Curiously, Netherlands is pursuing same (or at least very similar) strategy we had initially been going to try so may be a decent comparison if adjusted for population.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Only just seen this from Wikipedia - ...that Dominic Raab is the 'designated survivor' to replace PM Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson if he became 'incapacitated' due to COVID-19. FFS, frying-pan into the fire springs to mind.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Dead as a dodo, bar the occasional smackheads screaming at each other outside ours.

Yeah.  Spent Christmas Day once at a flat on Victoria Street with a mate.  Was a very eerie experience, something akin go the walking dead.  Nothing but homeless people wandering around.  :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Curiously, Netherlands is pursuing same (or at least very similar) strategy we had initially been going to try so may be a decent comparison if adjusted for population.
Now, I’m assuming this is only for the first wave of illness.....

There could well be a second wave .... it could be worse, it could be better.... it might not happen at all of course...

There’s an opinion ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Only just seen this from Wikipedia - ...that Dominic Raab is the 'designated survivor' to replace PM Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson if he became 'incapacitated' due to COVID-19. FFS, frying-pan into the fire springs to mind.

Not sure whoever is PM makes masses of difference at the minute, unless we came under nuclear attack.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Not sure whoever is PM makes masses of difference at the minute, unless we came under nuclear attack.
No, you're right there mate.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Where’s this from? Have you got a link to it?

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Feeling that.......I hope it gets sorted soon then.
Cheers mate.  :wave
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do you think there is any chance they'll completely stop public transport like buses even for people classed as essential workers?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

I am not sure that is true though. Professor Ferguson outlined how it worked the other day. SAGE the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies meets and decides the scientists advice to the government. The government then takes onboard other advice chiefly from the economists and other advisers and then the government in effect Johnson defines the policy we follow.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers everyone for the advice.

It's really difficult to understand the situation before it appears. That's where we are with this virus in general and if it explodes we will go through the same procedure many of you have already seen.

We have seen the rush to buy toilet paper (and pasta and frozen vegetables etc) already. Luckily stores have managed to fill up the shelves again. So far I haven't changed my patterns, but I am considering it. Might be worth having some extra just in case food.

I will buy something new. I like that specific advice. If I get stuck at home, that's a small challenge to change the day from yesterday.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Where’s this from? Have you got a link to it?
https://twitter.com/thejeremyvine/status/1243243397281972225?s=21

Subject to daily revision of course... a looooong way to go...
W

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Didn't the mayor London want to shut down non-essential building sites, but was overruled by Johnson?
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So the UK is still at a 5% mortality rate, where we have been from the beginning.

Isnt that based on the amount of confirmed cases ? The actual rate is much, much lower. It was said a couple of times yesterday that one death basically equates to a 1000 cases.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4 days not working now climbing the walls  :no no footy sport entertainment or good food .. this is brain damage man

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do you think there is any chance they'll completely stop public transport like buses even for people classed as essential workers?

Anyone?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?

At least it’s not Priti Patel...
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Anyone?

Unlikely as NHS would fall to bits in a lot of places with staff unable to get to work. Main pressure on transport, and there'll be others on here who'll have a better view, is that of staff being ill and isolating which leads to reduced services.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."