Author Topic: YOU on Netflix  (Read 12982 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: YOU on Netflix
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2019, 04:42:02 pm »
Well, no. Funny how people take a different opinion personally enough to have a little dig though.

I watched the first 2 eps back to back to give it a go and my missus continued watching it and it was on in the background whilst I was watching footy over the last few nights so hard not to notice.

The dialogue and over-acting is cheesy as fuck in my opinion. I can see why some people would get into it though.

Haha wasn't a dig, but fair dos. Was gonna make a joke about someone signing into your social media pretending to be you while you're locked in a dungeon

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 9, 2019, 04:47:00 pm »
Like most, I watched all of it over a weekend and quite enjoyed it. Agree with some of the logical aspects, but there was enough there to keep watching and keep me interested.

Spoiler
Definitely did not like Beck, and couldn't quite understand why he was so drawn to her. Obviously control plays a bit part but as a personality, I didn't think they were well suited.
[close]
Spoiler
He liked chasing her not necessarily Beck herself. He liked fixing a mess. He even mentions that himself. That's why he left Karen, she didn't have any baggage and no drama which he didn't like.
[close]

Yep that's the one!
I think it was my favorite episode in the series

Spoiler
Mainly because she never truly loved him until he was unobtainable and with someone else, then she realized he actually made her a better person. Now, he is a psycho but remember that only the audience get to listen to what goes on in his mind or what he did to Benji and Peach, she was just treating someone who at least apparently loved her very poorly and only when there was a threat to lose him that she made herself available. It is why I say even though Joe & Beck are bad characters, with obviously the former being the worse one out of the two.
[close]
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #42 on: January 9, 2019, 07:23:48 pm »
Missus watched it so I saw it whilst I was doing other things.

Thought it was absolute shite. Can't stand those shows where a bunch of airbrushed for-some-reason-rich 20 somethings all bang each other and go on about how important their lives and their lattes are, and their all dumb as fuck walking into ridiculously stupid situations. Maybe my view was tainted 'cos that bellend out of Gossip Girl was in it and every time I caught sight of that it was shit too.

Not for me ta'
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 9, 2019, 07:24:41 pm »

Thought it was absolute shite. Can't stand those shows where a bunch of airbrushed for-some-reason-rich 20 somethings all bang each other and go on about how important their lives and their lattes are, and their all dumb as fuck walking into ridiculously stupid situations.

Not for me ta'

Yeah, looks like you didn't get it taking the piss out of all that

edit: ooh haha you just posted that. bit keen with the reply!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2019, 08:16:00 pm »
Haha! And I thought he was one of the more likable in GG!

Nah that honour went to Chuck and Blair from episode 1. I instantly hated Dan and Serena.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 9, 2019, 09:42:25 pm »
Like most, I watched all of it over a weekend and quite enjoyed it. Agree with some of the logical aspects, but there was enough there to keep watching and keep me interested.

Spoiler
Definitely did not like Beck, and couldn't quite understand why he was so drawn to her. Obviously control plays a bit part but as a personality, I didn't think they were well suited.
[close]

To be honest I found it odd how both Joe and Peach could be so into Beck. She was a massive loser.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 9, 2019, 11:41:00 pm »
To be honest I found it odd how both Joe and Peach could be so into Beck. She was a massive loser.

Joe is also a massive loser who spent his life in the basement of a bookstore. Peach is a c*nt who just wanted to fuck her.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 12:03:02 am »
It's probably the best shit show I've ever watched to be honest with you.

The bit with Moony outside the cage with a young Joe inside it was hilarious: he literally mentions a 'Code', how he sees the devil inside Joe, how he wants to set him on a path to save him. Seriously, Showtime must be in contact with their lawyers as I type this.  ;D

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 01:17:03 pm »
6 episodes in. Normally binge watch series' on Netflix so thought I'd pace myself through this one. I'd have finished it by tomorrow.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 02:15:31 pm »
Started last night, watched the first two episodes. Decent enough, throwaway tv. Enjoying it grand, like. I know I shouldn't be rooting for murderer protagonist, but the fact that the supporting cast are all a bunch of morons makes me cant help myself rooting for Joe!  ;D
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 02:16:09 pm »
It's probably the best shit show I've ever watched to be honest with you.

The bit with Moony outside the cage with a young Joe inside it was hilarious: he literally mentions a 'Code', how he sees the devil inside Joe, how he wants to set him on a path to save him. Seriously, Showtime must be in contact with their lawyers as I type this.  ;D

I think that's fair. It's definitely one to binge rather than watch once a week.

It was renewed for a second series even before the first was on, so that will be coming down the pipeline. It was also originally on Lifetime Network, but the second series will be straight to Netflix. 

Both series are based on books, so at least they have something to work with. One of the producers does half the shit on the CW, including all the DC shows, as well as the new Sabrina show on Netflix, so if you've seen any of those, you know what sort of quality to expect with You.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 02:30:35 pm »
Haha wasn't a dig, but fair dos. Was gonna make a joke about someone signing into your social media pretending to be you while you're locked in a dungeon

Nice one ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 10:06:12 am »
Thought it was absolute shite. Can't stand those shows where a bunch of airbrushed for-some-reason-rich 20 somethings all bang each other and go on about how important their lives and their lattes are, and their all dumb as fuck walking into ridiculously stupid situations. Maybe my view was tainted 'cos that bellend out of Gossip Girl was in it and every time I caught sight of that it was shit too.

For this very reason, you should like this show because it is taking the piss out of that very thing.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2019, 12:14:41 pm »

Not for me ta'

Gossip Girl was not shit.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2019, 05:18:07 am »
Started this last night and watches the whole thing so now taking the day off work and going to sleep  ;D

Good series, enjoyed it. Thought Beck was a bit of a c*nt though along with her c*nt mates.
Fit as a butchers dog though, poor mans Jennifer Lawrence
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2019, 07:54:37 pm »
For this very reason, you should like this show because it is taking the piss out of that very thing.

Praying for the twist to be that this show is a spin-off of the Walking Dead universe and S2 is these people failing to survive the zombie apocalypse.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2019, 10:50:22 pm »

I've just finished this - it had enough to keep me watching to the end but in all honesty I mostly found it really irritating. So more fool me for sticking with it I suppose.

I really liked the darker episodes that moved the plot along - Tom Daley's interactions with Benji and Peach were great. His scenes with the kid were good too. The stuff with Beck ? Ugh. I know it was an attempt to subvert the genre but it felt like I'd been conned into watching a really bad cheesy romcom... and all that 'hey like yas queen we are being like totally really now here' texting/social media nonsense popping up on the screen seemed really cliched - yep it's how people communicate these days but it's been done so many times before that it's getting beyond dull now.. Oh and for all the promise of some aspects of the series the last episode was truly abysmal; all about setting things up for the second series .

Overall - meh, typical unchallenging bland Netflix fare. A reasonably good idea that ends up trying too hard to appeal to the lucrative teenage audience and is more concerned with stringing the viewers along for as long as possible with an eye on being re-commisioned for future series, rather than just doing the basics of trying to tell a good story.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2019, 10:59:49 pm »
I've just finished this - it had enough to keep me watching to the end but in all honesty I mostly found it really irritating. So more fool me for sticking with it I suppose.

I really liked the darker episodes that moved the plot along - Tom Daley's interactions with Benji and Peach were great. His scenes with the kid were good too. The stuff with Beck ? Ugh. I know it was an attempt to subvert the genre but it felt like I'd been conned into watching a really bad cheesy romcom... and all that 'hey like yas queen we are being like totally really now here' texting/social media nonsense popping up on the screen seemed really cliched - yep it's how people communicate these days but it's been done so many times before that it's getting beyond dull now.. Oh and for all the promise of some aspects of the series the last episode was truly abysmal; all about setting things up for the second series .

Overall - meh, typical unchallenging bland Netflix fare. A reasonably good idea that ends up trying too hard to appeal to the lucrative teenage audience and is more concerned with stringing the viewers along for as long as possible with an eye on being re-commisioned for future series, rather than just doing the basics of trying to tell a good story.

It wasn’t actually a Netflix series. But if you want one that is and better than HER, try Sex Education.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2019, 11:31:50 am »
Finished this last night. Was sooooooo disappointed with that final episode.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2019, 06:51:39 pm »
Finished this last night. Was sooooooo disappointed with that final episode.

Thought the show went downhill fast around the half way point in the season, but the final episode was good and almost closed things off well. Right until the final scene, which was beyond bullshit. Still, well worth a watch, a different twist on the mid to late 20s romantic story.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2019, 04:51:52 pm »
Part way through series 2, it’s damn good

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2019, 11:25:38 pm »
Just finished S2. Unnerving, twisty, suspense. Brilliant. Probably better than S1. Get watching.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 6, 2020, 02:22:20 pm »
I've got a couple of episodes of S2 left. It started pretty terribly and we nearly gave up on it, but glad we didn't as the last few episodes have been brilliant.

The "you're basically Dexter" gag was brilliant; basically outright admitting they've copied the show  ;D

The other characters are far more interesting than S1 for sure and I think Badgley has really grown into the role.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: January 6, 2020, 03:25:44 pm »
Finished series two last week it was not bad not as good as series one got fed up with Forty and Love.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2020, 04:44:24 pm »
Didn't see S1 but I watched S2 in 2 days with the missus (who filled us on a few details previously) and really enjoyed it, though that Forty character got really fkin irritating by the end.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2020, 08:31:04 pm »
It's ridiculous and trashy but so bloody entertaining. Think one more season will be enough. Thought the actress who played the 15 year old was very talented!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: January 7, 2020, 06:53:53 am »
Finished the 2nd series last night. Really enjoyed it - probably not as good as the first but it still had some good twists that I didn’t see coming.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #67 on: January 7, 2020, 08:45:58 am »
I've got a couple of episodes of S2 left. It started pretty terribly and we nearly gave up on it, but glad we didn't as the last few episodes have been brilliant.

The "you're basically Dexter" gag was brilliant; basically outright admitting they've copied the show  ;D

The other characters are far more interesting than S1 for sure and I think Badgley has really grown into the role.
I was glad they did this...it is basically Dexter-lite and because of this you can work out some of the twists beforehand. Still great entertainment and quite enjoyable.

Spoiler
The bit that surprised me most was Forty ratting him out... Given that he was a murderer I thought he'd understand. Penultimate episode was fantastic - finale less so.
[close]

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: January 7, 2020, 09:05:15 am »
It's a bit crap, guilty pleasure-type of watch this. Enjoyed it nonetheless, but S2 was a bit over the top.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 7, 2020, 09:58:19 am »
I was glad they did this...it is basically Dexter-lite and because of this you can work out some of the twists beforehand. Still great entertainment and quite enjoyable.

Spoiler
The bit that surprised me most was Forty ratting him out... Given that he was a murderer I thought he'd understand. Penultimate episode was fantastic - finale less so.
[close]

Spoiler
I think that was just a case of him showing his love/concern for his sister rather than caring about him being a murderer in general, but there was also a line he said about knowing what she was really like so maybe he knew more about her ways then was let on?
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 7, 2020, 11:45:29 am »

Spoiler
[close]

So true.

Spoiler
I called Love killing Delilah (she's basically Deb from Season 6 onwards, and Delilah was La Guerta). Fincher is Batista, dumb cop in love with La Guerta who can't quite work it all out.  ;D

As for Forty, he wasn't actually a murderer - it was Love who killed his babysitter, and he hinted he knew this. I suspect Love has killed much more people than she let on to Joe (maybe even her husband?!) and we'll find out more about that in S3!
[close]

I'd rate this show much more if I'd never seen Dexter, but it's still v enjoyable - the Fear and Loathing episode was brilliantly done. Personally think the second season was much better than the first once it got going.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #71 on: January 9, 2020, 11:17:17 am »
I think I enjoyed this series more than the first in terms of the storyline.

Spoiler
But some of it is just not believable enough. Killing multiple people and getting away with every single one. Her family owning the Police was convenient too.

And I didn't like the end bit, where he saw the neighbour. Guess that's the next series - would feel kind of samey.
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 9, 2020, 12:56:58 pm »
Started watching this recently. Enjoyable.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 9, 2020, 02:29:08 pm »
I think I enjoyed this series more than the first in terms of the storyline.

Spoiler
But some of it is just not believable enough. Killing multiple people and getting away with every single one. Her family owning the Police was convenient too.

And I didn't like the end bit, where he saw the neighbour. Guess that's the next series - would feel kind of samey.
[close]

I reckon the neighbout
Spoiler
will have something to do with either Candice or GB from season 1. Candice might have left a note with someone to ensure Joe gets found out knowing she might end up dead if she pursued him.
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 9, 2020, 09:15:36 pm »
It was atrocious. The first season wasnt a masterpiece but it was enjoyable. This was awful.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2020, 04:43:19 pm »
Netflix confirmed that it has been renewed for a third season!
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2020, 05:44:29 pm »
It was atrocious. The first season wasnt a masterpiece but it was enjoyable. This was awful.
Thought last couple of episodes were in particular good. Overall was decent though not as good as first.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2020, 05:45:20 pm »
Netflix confirmed that it has been renewed for a third season!
No surprise. There's a lot of people talking about this show.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2020, 07:08:50 pm »
I think Netflix has some complex algorithm that says most shows should be on for three seasons to remain profitable.

It’s funny, I was thinking I’d like a crossover woth him getting hunted by Dexter, then they mentioned the man himself :)

In the next season I think he may have a mystery stalker who ends up being the Neighbours sister.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2020, 09:14:46 pm »
Thought this was as good if not better than the first one, except...
Spoiler
...the way they glossed over what was done about Delilah's body.  Did the Quinn family "take care" of it?
[close]
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez