Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 185450 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »
3rd episode not available today?

F*ck.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2015, 12:59:07 pm »
I thought it was good, but the desert scene sort of ruined it for me. the negotiation with Tuco was too far fetched and lame, to say the least. Other than that, it was shaping up to be excellent.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »
3rd episode not available today?

F*ck.
Gutting eh. It's moved to it's regular slot of Monday nights in the States, so available on Netflix on Tuesday's from now on.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2015, 01:33:35 pm »
Started watching last night and loved it . Unfortunately because there were only two episodes I still needed a fix after watching so I'm now watching breaking bad again. For the third time. :-[

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2015, 06:13:12 pm »
Saul, branching out to the Moss.

Looks suspiciously like Fallowfield?

BrBa for third time? You da man!

Lovin the show. Nice setups all around.
Particularly like the jittery Cinnabun shop owner.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2015, 06:38:29 pm »
Is there any link for downloading this because I can't find a single one.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline SB-LFC

• Kemlynite
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2015, 10:56:36 pm »
Is there any link for downloading this because I can't find a single one.

You can watch it here mate.
http://sur.ly/o/rainiertamayo.com/AA000014

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2015, 08:52:06 am »
Quite enjoyed the first two. Always wanted more Saul when watching BB. Would Mike be working for Gus at this stage? I know Saul wanted in with Gus badly in BB, hoping Mr Fring makes an appearance at some stage!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:41 am »
Loved this weeks episode.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2015, 01:30:08 pm »
Yay!  Tuesday \o/

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2015, 02:00:49 pm »
Quite enjoyed the first two. Always wanted more Saul when watching BB. Would Mike be working for Gus at this stage? I know Saul wanted in with Gus badly in BB, hoping Mr Fring makes an appearance at some stage!
He might be, that's to be revealed. There is a Mike focused episode this season, so we'll find out then, I suppose.

Spoiler
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »
He might be, that's to be revealed. There is a Mike focused episode this season, so we'll find out then, I suppose.

Spoiler
[close]

:lmao that was hilarious. Actually bust out laughing when that happened.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
:lmao

:lmao that was hilarious. Actually bust out laughing when that happened.
saw this post before seeing the full episode and was wondering what the moment was going to be. Then that came up  :D

Decent episode and love that
Spoiler
Mike was actually used relevantly to move the story on
[close]
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2015, 03:42:13 pm »
Spoiler
Wasn't it the case that Gilligan and the writers wanted Tuco to be the bad guy the whole way through Breaking Bad but the actor didn't want to know so they had to write him out? might explain why they have desperately shoehorned the character into this immediately if they thought the character had legs.
[close]

Personally I agree with others who have said that the appearances of BB characters already seems a bit gratuitous and desperate. I would have preferred them to build up a few new characters first, or at least some of the minor characters surrounding Jimmy before introducing major supporting characters.

Perhaps they had their hands forced to get the pilot to air.

All in all a decent show but can't see it ever reaching the quality of Breaking Bad (I know it's not intended to).

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2015, 04:39:28 pm »
I loved the first 3 episodes personally. Breaking bad was a bit of a slow starter too so I think this will get better as the plot develops. I know it wont reach BB levels though.

I think they are weaning Mike in nicely, nothing too quick. No sign of Tuco since either so I dont get this 'rushing in' of BB characters thing that everyone moans about. Even if it was the case it would be a good thing IMO.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2015, 05:03:59 pm »

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2015, 07:26:20 pm »
You can watch it here mate.
http://sur.ly/o/rainiertamayo.com/AA000014

I found it later that night but thanx mate.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2015, 07:28:13 pm »
So far it's been really well shot, well acted and good use of music. The plot hasn't completely hooked me in yet, but Saul is a good character so looking forward to him evolving and the morality of decisions he'll face.

I felt that episode it risked become a bit like Sherlock for a moment with the crime scene stuff, but hopefully it doesn't stray too far that way and finds it's own identity
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2015, 09:01:49 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
PMSL best scene on a TV show for years.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2015, 09:14:18 pm »
Spoiler
That couple were only supposed to be in the first episode, but Vince liked the way they interacted so much they're in the whole season.
[close]

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2015, 09:55:54 pm »
Just watched ep3, again quite enjoyable. Loved that spoiler above part and the ticket barrier bit. Coming along nicely, im in for the long haul now. I thought they were gonna go to black with the high shot of saul towards the end....I was praying they wouldnt but if they did it is garaunteed cliff hanger. How do I spoiler?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2015, 10:25:38 pm »
''You didn't do the sex robot voice''  ;D

EP3 was a pretty strong episode,good to see more of Mike.

The actress who plays the Lawyer is really wooden.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2015, 11:27:00 pm »
Nacho's face was pickling me as to where I'd seen it before. Then I realised...

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2015, 12:18:22 am »
''You didn't do the sex robot voice''  ;D

EP3 was a pretty strong episode,good to see more of Mike.

The actress who plays the Lawyer is really wooden.

He has the same voice as Carver from The Wire ;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2015, 02:33:28 am »
that was brilliant.  completely won over by this.  like BB, it's difficult to pin down why it's so good, and it's as much a combination of acting, direction, script, music etc more than any one thing.

No sign of Tuco since either so I dont get this 'rushing in' of BB characters thing that everyone moans about. Even if it was the case it would be a good thing IMO.

the fact that in a brand new series trying to establish itself as independent from another series, they brought back a pretty major villain from that other series in the first episode.  it just seems a bit desperate, and insecure - whether on the network's part or the writers', i'm not sure.  it's irrelevant that tuco hasn't appeared since then; that they needed to have two BB cameos in the pilot was pretty clunky.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2015, 09:19:57 am »
Best episode so far the last one. They added a bit of background to Saul which was good despite being short and also things that happened 'at present' were a nice viewing as well. Also had a bit more Mike which is always good. Episode contained the right dose of humour as well.

I had doubts Odenkirk would be a success as a lead character but so far so good.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2015, 10:12:52 am »
You really can't not have BB characters in the show seeing as it was mostly Saul that was the link to each one in BB

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2015, 10:34:39 am »
Episode 3 was good. Also, we saw more Mike which is always good. Just hope he gets more time towards the end of the season.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2015, 11:36:34 am »

You really can't not have BB characters in the show seeing as it was mostly Saul that was the link to each one in BB

Very true.

Don't see why people are upset about them being brought back quickly. Just go with it!

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2015, 01:24:15 pm »

nobody's saying don't have them - i just think it would have been smarter to let the series stand on its own feet (which it has since done admirably) rather than sticking in a familiar face to make the audience comfortable in episode 1, especially when we'd already had one.  it's the only misstep so far though, so it's not a major thing at all, and of course lots of people seem to enjoy it so... whatever. :)

also, obviously, saul had nothing to do with tuco's introduction in BB [/pedant] :)
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2015, 01:34:14 pm »
Another good episode, slowing plodding along but enjoying it so far, shame Netflix didn't lash all episodes out like they did with their other series'.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »
Tuco wasn't a misstep whatsoever.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2015, 03:06:11 pm »
Spoiler

I lost a bit of interest in episode 3 - I got about half way and turned it off, I might give it a bit of time to breath and pick it back up when it has matured a bit. I'm not too sure about it up to now and whilst it is a good program, I still think the jury is out on whether I'm liking it as a program in its own right, or whether I'm just waiting to see how it weaves its way into the world of Breaking Bad. I'm sure some will say that it doesn't have to, or that I'm being overly sensitive, precious or even deliberately obstructive - But, convexly, it feels a bit like going to Ikea for a desk to me - going down the M62 and constantly being reminded that you're going to Ikea by billboards and advertisements. But then when you get there, you spend your time just browsing the shop and getting drawn into the world of Ikea.

Spoilsport or not - I wanted to enjoy this, quite possibly, too much. Perhaps I'm over-analysing the program like I know one or two  ;), may think I am. I have tried to enjoy it for what it is, but as I've said, when it's cooing you over here and there, it feels, to me, slightly exploitative of my love for Breaking Bad.

[close]
Continually on 11,420.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2015, 03:14:11 pm »
Tuco wasn't a misstep whatsoever.

having tuco in the series is not a problem.  having such a fanwanky moment in the first episode was gratuitous and unnecessary, in my opinion.

you disagree.  that's cool.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »
I like it, nope. I love it. I think it's brilliant and Vince Gilligan is pure genius. But what I'm enjoying most is music along with the camera. I'm officialy hooked.

oh and special mention to Bob Odenkirk, his acting is awesome.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »

having tuco in the series is not a problem.  having such a fanwanky moment in the first episode was gratuitous and unnecessary, in my opinion.

you disagree.  that's cool.
he was only at the end of the first one - and now it looks like he was only in ep2
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2015, 06:38:01 pm »
he was only at the end of the first one - and now it looks like he was only in ep2

...and that is the whole point.  i'm not sure what's unclear about this.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2015, 06:51:02 pm »
...the point was to have someone to introduce Nacho, who's the main criminal type for the season. Tuco was just a decent entry point, as those familiar with the universe won't be wondering "when is that random nutjob going to show up again?", as obviously all sorts of things and people are connected. They essentially removed the smoking gun.

As an aside, Abuelita played Scarface's mum :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:54:25 pm by Impolite King Brian Blessed »

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2015, 07:26:21 pm »
...the point was to have someone to introduce Nacho, who's the main criminal type for the season. Tuco was just a decent entry point, as those familiar with the universe won't be wondering "when is that random nutjob going to show up again?", as obviously all sorts of things and people are connected. They essentially removed the smoking gun.

don't buy it for a second.  they could have expanded the universe in any number of ways by introducing an interesting new character to be the foil for nacho, but instead they went back to the crowd pleaser.

as a not very good illustration, i'm reminded of the comedy frasier (which gilligan has explicitly used as a comparator for BCS).  the makers were so determined that frasier wouldn't just be a show hanging onto the coattails of 'cheers' (one of the most successful sitcoms ever in the USA) that they moved it halfway across the continent (and then all the way across the continent).  they restricted guest spots for cheers actors to one per season, so that the new characters and settings had the chance to develop a life of their own.  obviously it worked, as it went on to be just as successful.  they took a risk: they could have set it in boston, they could have had norm or sam turn up in s01e01 to help the new show get its legs, but they didn't.  given gilligan namechecked it, i was hoping for something similar from BCS.  in my view, a misstep, but the show has already overcome it.

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2015, 09:52:42 pm »
Better Call Saul has surpassed my expectations significantly. The show is already a masterpiece in its own right. If you can't tell already, I love it.
Mint-Berry Crunch!