Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2604910 times)

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I値l find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I知 free to roam."
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #10280 on: March 5, 2018, 12:19:47 pm »
Looking for somebody that can run a bit and turn faster than a lorry would be a good starting point ;D I'd love to know what your scouts saw in Llorente to pay anything for him, let alone 12m. Saw him in a pretty press intensive Sevilla side and he looked absolutely finished, like he was running in custard.

I think he was cheapest 'proven' goalscorer we could find without having to guarantee playing time.  to be honest he scored a nice hat trick last week and given a bit of a run i dare say he would score a few.  He is also enough of a plan B to cause disruption in other teams when he comes on late like he did against Liverpool.

12m and i dare say we will sell him for 」6m in the summer.  We still have Jansen on the books so maybe he could step up like he was supposed to

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #10281 on: March 5, 2018, 12:20:08 pm »
No one gets their original username back, that痴 part of RAWK ;)

What was your original username?  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10282 on: March 5, 2018, 12:22:16 pm »
I think he was cheapest 'proven' goalscorer we could find without having to guarantee playing time.  to be honest he scored a nice hat trick last week and given a bit of a run i dare say he would score a few.  He is also enough of a plan B to cause disruption in other teams when he comes on late like he did against Liverpool.

12m and i dare say we will sell him for 」6m in the summer.  We still have Jansen on the books so maybe he could step up like he was supposed to

Fair to say your lot have struggled to find strikers in recent times isn't it? Soldado, Janssen, Llorente. Lucked into one with Kane ;D

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I値l find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I知 free to roam."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10283 on: March 5, 2018, 12:22:18 pm »
Winks has been really poor. I'd like to think it's fitness related but his poor form is a worry. I was singing his praises earlier in the season but now I worry if he will actually make it with us. CM I'd say is definitely our weakest area if Dembele is injured, we really need a proper passer in there.

Think the jury is still out on Aurier. Some good games some bad games. Next season will be a better time to judge him.

I am the same with Winks.  He just hasn't been able to get his game going at all.  Maybe its the fact dembele has played so well.  Mind you, MP has shown with Wanyama, they never walk back into the side regardless.  We should have a mega fit wanyama ready for the run in if needed.  Winks could be the same :-\

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10284 on: March 5, 2018, 12:23:13 pm »
Fair to say your lot have struggled to find strikers in recent times isn't it? Soldado, Janssen, Llorente. Lucked into one with Kane ;D

Why not go the whole hog and remind me of Ade  :no

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10285 on: March 5, 2018, 12:24:50 pm »
Why not go the whole hog and remind me of Ade  :no

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10286 on: March 5, 2018, 12:26:51 pm »
I feel a bit sick

• Kopite
« Reply #10287 on: March 5, 2018, 12:27:52 pm »

Impossible to find anyone decent as they know they won't ever play bar cup games when Kane is rested. That said, we could have done better with the back ups. Been really poor back ups. I thought Janssen was bad but Llorente has been even worse.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #10288 on: March 5, 2018, 12:29:51 pm »
Looking for somebody that can run a bit and turn faster than a lorry would be a good starting point ;D I'd love to know what your scouts saw in Llorente to pay anything for him, let alone 12m. Saw him in a pretty press intensive Sevilla side and he looked absolutely finished, like he was running in custard.

Can't say to be honest. I thought it would be alright if he could come on and hold the ball up and help us see games out or nick a goal or two off a set piece, but unfortunately he doesn't really done any of that and all of those things are actually things Kane is really good at so he looks even worse doing it.

Like I've said a few times, buying a back up for Kane is extremely difficult. We can't get the top young players in his position because we don't have the financial capability to compete for them and the fact is, barring injury or some such circumstance, Kane conceivably has about 10 years or so at the top level. Granted, he may not play all of those at Spurs but hardly a situation you want to potentially bet your career on as a top youngster, especially as you'll no doubt have other big clubs interested. So if we want to go the youngster route (my preference) we have to look at players of the calibre/reputation of the likes of Janssen etc.

Same problem with the proven players in their prime or near their prime too. So we go to older players with good records but who are at smaller clubs. It's always going to be a gamble to be honest, rarely one with high odds either.
We beat Real Madrid

• Kopite
« Reply #10289 on: March 5, 2018, 12:31:58 pm »
I am the same with Winks.  He just hasn't been able to get his game going at all.  Maybe its the fact dembele has played so well.  Mind you, MP has shown with Wanyama, they never walk back into the side regardless.  We should have a mega fit wanyama ready for the run in if needed.  Winks could be the same :-\

My worry for Winks is the fact that he's looked poor against really poor opposition. He looked out of his depth against Barnsley in the cup last year and he looked really out of sorts versus Rochdale. When you see a player bottling 50/50s too, as well as constantly giving the ball away, it does make you question if he will make the grade. There is a lot of patience with Winks as he is an academy kid, but I don't see where he fits in going forward. I'm sure he will carve out a PL career at a midtable club if he doesn't make it with u s, but with his current form he can kiss goodbye to making the world cup squad. I hope he turns it around, but he's now had far more poor games than good ones IMO.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #10290 on: March 5, 2018, 12:35:13 pm »

Never ask, it's one of the unwritten rules.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #10291 on: March 5, 2018, 01:56:19 pm »
I think they can feel confident about keeping Son for a while yet. Not the kind of player that will appeal to the heavyweight sides in my opinion. He does get loads of first team football and has a comfy environment, I can't see why he'd give that up unless it's for guaranteed trophies and as I said I don't see any of those teams wanting him.
fee will be minimal anyway as he is still scheduled to do national service at the end of his current contract (i think its a few years away).

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10292 on: March 5, 2018, 01:58:34 pm »

Foregone Conclusion.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10293 on: March 5, 2018, 02:46:12 pm »
Foregone Conclusion.

He痴 from a little known place called Texas.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #10294 on: March 5, 2018, 02:57:39 pm »

Get the guitar.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10295 on: March 5, 2018, 03:10:57 pm »
Get the guitar.

Keep them coming and I値l stick around
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10296 on: March 5, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »
;D Thanks for name change, fits perfectly

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #10297 on: March 5, 2018, 08:43:12 pm »
Will I get my original username back though? ;)
You only had to ask...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10298 on: March 5, 2018, 08:53:11 pm »
How many points do you think you would add to the Mancs if he starts instead of Lukaku? Do you think we reel them in the way we have done over the last two months if he's fit and firing? I don't think so.
I honestly don't or won't spend my time speculating about Manchester United as you do. How good has Alexis Sanchez been? How many points has he added?

I don't think it's as simple as just dropping a particular player into a different system and expecting a guarantee of performance. I'm watching the United game now. They're a goal down and the whole team is strolling around. Is that the kind of service Kane thrives on?

Mourinho's United is where attackers go to die. Martial would be brilliant in our side, utterly wasted under The Special Once. So, I refuse to be "terrified" no matter who they buy.

EDIT: It would also be nice if we could drop the talk of where Kane will go next. It's tedious. Over on GoT as soon as it became clear Salah wasn't a flash in the pan, 90% of the chat is about when he's moving to Real Madrid.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2018, 09:02:48 pm by zero zero »

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10299 on: March 5, 2018, 09:23:38 pm »
That's just not true though is it. I think we all enjoy having a discussion with other teams supporters. Debating with rival fans is interesting even if it can get intense and results in big differences of opinion. I think you are being way OTT to be honest.

So you aren't the guy on Redcafe called Primativ who is a Spurs fan, acts like a twat and is even disliked by the Mancs? Names stick in the mind. I spot some of RAWK's better posters on the Guardian comments and I remember them. I've seen a guy with your name acting all billy big bollocks on two forums. Who is to say you aren't doing it on more?

Also to the other Spurs posters, it beggars belief you can't see why Primativ gets the stick he does and you guys don't. There is a clear difference between just being a bit biased (expected) and being exceptionally biased (to the extent he's said somethings which either mean he is either under 15 years old if he actually believes them, or a troll - e.g any sentence which has Kane and GOAT in it without there being an emphatic negative in there) and being abrasive when people call him out on the absurdities he's been spouting. 
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

• Kopite
« Reply #10300 on: March 5, 2018, 10:15:08 pm »
You only had to ask...

;D I preferred Fluffy.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10301 on: March 5, 2018, 10:20:55 pm »
I honestly don't or won't spend my time speculating about Manchester United as you do. How good has Alexis Sanchez been? How many points has he added?

I don't think it's as simple as just dropping a particular player into a different system and expecting a guarantee of performance. I'm watching the United game now. They're a goal down and the whole team is strolling around. Is that the kind of service Kane thrives on?

Mourinho's United is where attackers go to die. Martial would be brilliant in our side, utterly wasted under The Special Once. So, I refuse to be "terrified" no matter who they buy.

EDIT: It would also be nice if we could drop the talk of where Kane will go next. It's tedious. Over on GoT as soon as it became clear Salah wasn't a flash in the pan, 90% of the chat is about when he's moving to Real Madrid.

You don't like to talk about the Mancs or Kane because it's tedious but you hang out on GOT?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Kopite
« Reply #10302 on: March 5, 2018, 10:28:41 pm »
So you aren't the guy on Redcafe called Primativ who is a Spurs fan, acts like a twat and is even disliked by the Mancs? Names stick in the mind. I spot some of RAWK's better posters on the Guardian comments and I remember them. I've seen a guy with your name acting all billy big bollocks on two forums. Who is to say you aren't doing it on more?

Also to the other Spurs posters, it beggars belief you can't see why Primativ gets the stick he does and you guys don't. There is a clear difference between just being a bit biased (expected) and being exceptionally biased (to the extent he's said somethings which either mean he is either under 15 years old if he actually believes them, or a troll - e.g any sentence which has Kane and GOAT in it without there being an emphatic negative in there) and being abrasive when people call him out on the absurdities he's been spouting.

Yes that is me but I rarely post on there and I am certainly not disliked. Literally no idea where you get the idea from that I'm acting billy big bollocks on there.

So according to you, because I rate Kane highly as a potential GOAT it means I must be 15. Sound logic there mate.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #10303 on: March 5, 2018, 11:25:06 pm »
Yes that is me but I rarely post on there and I am certainly not disliked. Literally no idea where you get the idea from that I'm acting billy big bollocks on there.

So according to you, because I rate Kane highly as a potential GOAT it means I must be 15. Sound logic there mate.

Being 15 would be mitigation.

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10304 on: March 5, 2018, 11:26:38 pm »

Just a quick look on there at some of your posts and most of them get the their equivalent of the  :lmao response. So yes, it looks like you aren't liked there.

In terms of acting like a billy big bollocks from the first page of your posts (I can't be bothered to go back further on Redcafe); you respond to someone not rating Vertonghen with "What the actual feck?!" (nice adoption of the lingo though, that's sure to win you brownie points), someone criticising Spurs performance against Rochdale with "Are you effing serious?", telling another poster who doesn't rate Vertonghen that they are "embarrassing yourself with this nonsense" (showing an unbelievable lack of awareness), you also call people "deluded" and tell someone to "get real". This is all in your most recent posts. In some of the posts you are making, you aren't making a wrong point (just as not everything you have said in this forum is wrong), and even more are at least defensible positions, its your tone and attitude which make you so unpopular. You are a guest on both forums. If I were ever to post on Redcafe, regardless of my feelings towards the mancs I would be polite, and restrained. I know Redcafe is terribly moderated, but RAWK isn't, so not going out of your way to piss people off would go a long way.

If one were to do the same for your RAWK posts it would be even worse.

Pretty much. Its such an absurd opinion that I have never met a Spurs fan over the age of 15 who held it. And it certainly isn't that claim alone. There is the more obvious explanation however - you are a troll.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2018, 11:29:40 pm by CowboyKangaroo »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10305 on: March 5, 2018, 11:33:05 pm »
Remember that Arsenal fan a few years ago who was on here,was the season we were going for the title with city.

Arsenal were top of the league and this Gooner something username was on here giving it large,he ended up getting banned,i read something on the football reddit  around 2 years ago and a poster mentioned him,cue about 4-5 other  Reddit posters mentioning him being a idiot on Reddit and apparently he got banned from Redcafe and Bluemoon as well. ;D

Privativ always reminds me of him,well a Spurs version anyway.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10306 on: March 5, 2018, 11:46:47 pm »
I rate Kane highly as a potential GOAT

Some might argue he's already reached that sort of level.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10307 on: March 6, 2018, 05:03:19 am »
You don't like to talk about the Mancs or Kane because it's tedious but you hang out on GOT?
No. Let's try again, shall we?

1. Being "terrified" of what ManU do or might do is fucking pathetic.
2. Speculating on Kane's next club is tedious (as is Big Clubs, Which player is better)
3. GoT can be an amusing diversion from having to read some of the posts from bedwetting tarts on our forum (see 1)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10308 on: March 6, 2018, 07:55:54 am »
No. Let's try again, shall we?

1. Being "terrified" of what ManU do or might do is fucking pathetic.
2. Speculating on Kane's next club is tedious (as is Big Clubs, Which player is better)
3. GoT can be an amusing diversion from having to read some of the posts from bedwetting tarts on our forum (see 1)

Yeah I'm actually terrified. I never sleep during transfer windows in case that awful notification pops up on my phone:

HARRY KANE SIGNS FOR A BIG CLUB

::) ::) ::)

And holy shit at "it's tedious winding up Spurs fans on RAWK, better go hang out with the GOT crowd" being an actual decision you've made.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10309 on: March 6, 2018, 08:04:56 am »

;D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #10310 on: March 6, 2018, 08:19:04 am »

:lmao
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10311 on: March 6, 2018, 08:42:04 am »
Just a quick look on there at some of your posts and most of them get the their equivalent of the  :lmao response. So yes, it looks like you aren't liked there.

In terms of acting like a billy big bollocks from the first page of your posts (I can't be bothered to go back further on Redcafe); you respond to someone not rating Vertonghen with "What the actual feck?!" (nice adoption of the lingo though, that's sure to win you brownie points), someone criticising Spurs performance against Rochdale with "Are you effing serious?", telling another poster who doesn't rate Vertonghen that they are "embarrassing yourself with this nonsense" (showing an unbelievable lack of awareness), you also call people "deluded" and tell someone to "get real". This is all in your most recent posts. In some of the posts you are making, you aren't making a wrong point (just as not everything you have said in this forum is wrong), and even more are at least defensible positions, its your tone and attitude which make you so unpopular. You are a guest on both forums. If I were ever to post on Redcafe, regardless of my feelings towards the mancs I would be polite, and restrained. I know Redcafe is terribly moderated, but RAWK isn't, so not going out of your way to piss people off would go a long way.

Pretty much. Its such an absurd opinion that I have never met a Spurs fan over the age of 15 who held it. And it certainly isn't that claim alone. There is the more obvious explanation however - you are a troll.

This is a bit like bigging yourself up at work, telling everyone you're married to Mila Kunis and you climbed mount Everest with your teeth and you drive a Ferrari. And then someone who you know gets a job in the same place and tells everyone that you're actually a lying twat, you live with your parents and your mum drives you to work.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #10312 on: March 6, 2018, 11:12:22 am »
This is a bit like bigging yourself up at work, telling everyone you're married to Mila Kunis and you climbed mount Everest with your teeth and you drive a Ferrari. And then someone who you know gets a job in the same place and tells everyone that you're actually a lying twat, you live with your parents and your mum drives you to work.

;D

Or going around loudly proclaiming that Harry Kane is one of the greatest strikers of all time, then not understanding how the team he plays for could be 4th in the table while never winning anything.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #10313 on: March 6, 2018, 12:56:52 pm »
Must be some sort of typo, how on earth are they below us on the table when they're once gain shoo-ins to win the "most points in a calendar year" trophy?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #10314 on: March 6, 2018, 01:06:37 pm »
Must be some sort of typo, how on earth are they below us on the table when they're once gain shoo-ins to win the "most points in a calendar year" trophy?

They count a draw as three points?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10315 on: March 7, 2018, 09:58:49 am »

Still cant let it go.  All of your examples are repeated hundreds of times on this forum and others in return or similar ways on the arsenal thread, the manu thread etc etc etc.  Simply, a supporter of a team gets similar shit (Understandable) and sometimes points out that they cant see why x player is being referred to as crap.  If I pointed out that Henderson is, IMO crap I would expect similar responses from you.  That wouldn't make me any more of a dick than you are being to 'whatever you have him listed as today'.  If you don't like his enthusiasm for spurs I struggle to see why you post in here.  Its just gone off the subject of spurs again and back onto 'whatever you have him listed as today'.

Its one of our biggest games today.  Its what I watch football for, win lose or draw

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10316 on: March 7, 2018, 10:13:35 am »
Well done to Liverpool last night.  Did the job and saved yourselves for the weekend.

My line up for tonight

Loris
Trippier (Aurier is banned)
Sanchez
Vert
Davies (Rose just hasn't looked fit to me)
Wanyama (I think he will go with Dier though)
Dembele
Son
Eriksen
Ali
Kane

At last we have Lucas and Lamela who offer something different to put on the pitch if we need to change things up.  Sissoko doesn't exactly bring much 'change' to the table

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10317 on: March 7, 2018, 10:18:04 am »
Well done to Liverpool last night.  Did the job and saved yourselves for the weekend.

My line up for tonight

Loris
Trippier (Aurier is banned)
Sanchez
Vert
Davies (Rose just hasn't looked fit to me)
Wanyama (I think he will go with Dier though)
Dembele
Son
Eriksen
Ali
Kane

At last we have Lucas and Lamela who offer something different to put on the pitch if we need to change things up.  Sissoko doesn't exactly bring much 'change' to the table

If I was Pochettino I'd go with a 3 man midfield of Wanyama, Dier and Dembele for this one. Matuidi is back, so it won't be easy to dominate their midfield using just Wanyama and Dembele in my opinion.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10318 on: March 7, 2018, 10:24:46 am »
If I was Pochettino I'd go with a 3 man midfield of Wanyama, Dier and Dembele for this one. Matuidi is back, so it won't be easy to dominate their midfield using just Wanyama and Dembele in my opinion.

I agree but who would you drop? Alli seems the obvious choice but just can稚 see that happening. Would probably be Son if Pochettino does play 3 in midfield, which will be a big loss I think.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #10319 on: March 7, 2018, 10:26:11 am »

Who would you sit to be able to field that though? One of Eriksen, Son or Dele would have to sit out. Leaves a lot of pressure on the remaining three to carry our attack, then a 3 man midfield is not a guarantee we don't concede then if we do we are faced with chasing the tie with less attackers than usual or having to bring on another one and sacrificing some stability.

I get the idea and would absolutely take a 0-0, but I don't like setting up to not lose. Not just because of some club ethos deal but because if you do and you end up concede it is really difficult to turn the game around, change your mentality completely and get on the front foot.
We beat Real Madrid