Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 1-0 Brentford  (Read 3531 times)

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Re: Half time: Liverpool 1-0 Brentford
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2022, 02:58:46 pm »
Seems to be showing up our lack of attacking options and depth.

Jota is great, but clearly looks like one of those players who needs quality around him to succeed.

Ox looks shot.

Firmino doing anything?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2022, 02:58:58 pm »
The fact it takes Matip to attempt to dribble at them is a bit of an embarrassment really. Great on Matip like but says alot about our attack and midfield that a centre half is the only one doing it.

Yep.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2022, 02:59:02 pm »
We knew we had to grind out the results and performances whilst Mane and Salah were not here so we cannot complain about how we are playing. We are in control and just need to show moments of quality.

Would like to see far more from Jones on that left. Very little movement on that side between Jones, Jota and Robertson.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2022, 02:59:13 pm »
it's almost as if we are missing two prolific players! 🤔

Appreciate this is, as ever, for many other threads, but if only we'd known we might be missing them at this time of year. And if there was any opportunity to provide adequate cover for them.

I guess it's just the way it is.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2022, 02:59:19 pm »
Not really a good sign when your best ball carrier by far is your center back. Our midfield has been anonymous at best, Ox has been in a league of his own of being ineffectual, like watching a competition winner out there.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2022, 02:59:19 pm »
Jota looks to have lost his goalscoring touch at the worst possible time

Probably a lot easier to score goals when defenders are shitting themselves about Salah and Mane at the same time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2022, 02:59:26 pm »
That’ll do. Win any way we can.

Trent drifting in narrow is doing my head in. He’s a world class wing back masquerading as an average midfielder in that position.
Biggest issue is he doesn't really know what to do when he gets there. He can't just stand there while we pass it around him.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2022, 02:59:56 pm »
Unfortunately, Ox is done at this level.
He’s always looked uncomfortable as a winger in this side, since the day he arrived actually. It’s infuriating he’s still getting picked there but I guess we don’t have many options. Maybe Neco Williams deserves a go.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:01 pm »
Jota looks to have lost his goalscoring touch at the worst possible time
Think Firmino sold him short with that chance, if it went onto his right no chance of it being blocked, on his left just didn’t have the pace and let the defender recover
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:18 pm »
Fabinho our mom even before the goal,everyone else bar Trent been quite average.

Need another goal,by hook or crook just take the 3 points please lads.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:20 pm »
Glad we got the goal.
Now speed the passing up upfront and get a couple more.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:33 pm »
Woof
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:38 pm »
This is how every team will set up against us now for the rest of the year, unfortunately. Tedious stuff.

We really need some unpredictability and ingenuity in midfield. In an open game Henderson is effective at breaking through the lines, but in a game like this you know every time he touches the ball he’s either going to do a one-two with the full-back or cross it. Curtis has been out for a while but I’d like to see him take a bit more responsibility.

I’d love a proper striker who we can aim these crosses at.

Thiago and Keita provide the unpredictability but unfortunately are also out. Thought we have actually been pretty good all things considered.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:54 pm »
We're just too easy to defend against without Mo and Mane. When you make that Arsenal back four look like the old Arsenal back four you know you're toothless.

It only takes a scrappy goal or set piece if the delivery is good enough as we've shown. It doesn't need to be the perfect move or the perfect goal.
every team in the league will suffer when shorn of their best two players and one player who likes to take players on, add in the injuries to Thiago, Elliott and Origi and it's no surprise we are struggling a bit in front of goal.

People need to chill the fuck out, these games are about three points nothing more
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2022, 03:01:04 pm »
Would like to see Gordon come on for ox for the second half.

Good call…..somebody fast who will hog the touch line.
#JFT97

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2022, 03:01:16 pm »
need another one

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2022, 03:01:42 pm »
Ali is playing like he's got Sadio and Mo still on the wings.  ;D
We 😂should be on fire when they come back

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2022, 03:02:06 pm »
The problem with our attacking play is we have no one at the moment who can really stretch the lines and make things difficult - loads of our players want the ball to feet. We are playing against a low block though and there's been more space in an attacking sense since we scored. These are the games where we badly miss Thiago.

1-0 up and plenty of time to score another or concede a daft equaliser ;D Come on the Reds!

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
A few rough patches towards the end of the half were we encouraging them to come on to us by handing them the ball. Need to cut that out and we'll be fine. They offer nothing otherwise and I'm still annoyed watching them today how bad they are that they managed to score 3 past us earlier in the season
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2022, 03:02:49 pm »
Appreciate this is, as ever, for many other threads, but if only we'd known we might be missing them at this time of year. And if there was any opportunity to provide adequate cover for them.

who are you bringing in to cover for the best player in the world then and someone as unpredictable as Mané, also that cover is for what three or four weeks?

Online OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2022, 03:02:51 pm »
Why do our attackers refuse to beat a man in the box? Is it fear of the turn over? So many times on the left they have a defender 1v1 with someone and we play a shit pass back out of the box. Jones can beat a man, for the love of God please try.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:08 pm »

So how do you do that? Spend £90 million on two players who will only play for 1 month?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:14 pm »
Fabinho to complete his hat trick in the 2nd half..... He'll be club top scorer by the time Mane and Salah return ;-)
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
If you get this little joy out of supporting a football team, honestly why bother? ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:25 pm »
Keita would have been perfect in this game, none of our other players like to dribble apart from Matip ironically.

This quote is brought out nearly every game about Naby, not sure if to laugh or cry at it though. We’ll be forever waiting for him to be perfect for a game.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:46 pm »
Keep up the crosses into the box, they will pay off again.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:47 pm »
This is how every team will set up against us now for the rest of the year, unfortunately. Tedious stuff.

We really need some unpredictability and ingenuity in midfield. In an open game Henderson is effective at breaking through the lines, but in a game like this you know every time he touches the ball he’s either going to do a one-two with the full-back or cross it. Curtis has been out for a while but I’d like to see him take a bit more responsibility.

I’d love a proper striker who we can aim these crosses at.
Totally agree about a proper #9

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2022, 03:05:27 pm »
I know we're missing Salah and Mane but it's not great when your most creative/threatening player is a CB...

Game is passing too many players by, to be honest. Firmino looks slow, Ox is more or less anonymous, Jota looks semi-dangerous when the ball is near him but isn't linking up with the other players, the midfield continues to create naff all. For a player who sees so much of the ball in our set-up, Robertson's use of it has been dreadful the past few games.

Oh well, so long as we don't see any defensive howlers we should see it out, although we look like we have one in us...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2022, 03:06:42 pm »
I know we're missing Salah and Mane but it's not great when your most creative/threatening player is a CB...

Game is passing too many players by, to be honest. Firmino looks slow, Ox is more or less anonymous, Jota looks semi-dangerous when the ball is near him but isn't linking up with the other players, the midfield continues to create naff all. For a player who sees so much of the ball in our set-up, Robertson's use of it has been dreadful the past few games.

Oh well, so long as we don't see any defensive howlers we should see it out, although we look like we have one in us...
your first sentence sums it all up no need for anything else, I don't get why people don't understand what is happening here

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2022, 03:08:19 pm »
Our fans are pure class. Just before the start of the second half they were chanting Rafa's name.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2022, 03:10:05 pm »
So how do you do that? Spend £90 million on two players who will only play for 1 month?

This has got to stop being said. If you replaced Origi and Minamino with one player who was stylistically right, and who was of a higher quality, they'd get LOADS of minutes. People said it before we got Jota as well and were proven comprehensively wrong as he immediately started getting loads of minutes. You'd of thought folk would be slower to say it again. We can comfortably carry 5 forwards of the required quality. The squad building on this is so weird, because we've carried 2 players who aren't of the required quality and, perhaps more importantly, don't first stylistically, for ages. It's sucked up wages and lost us transfer fees, and it's left us playing Ox up top in games like this, when we've known for 5 years that he can't play there.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2022, 03:14:05 pm »
Honestly, it's like half of you have never watched football before and expect chances to be made every single time the ball gets near the opposing penalty box.  I've actually been thinking that the lads have been decent against a low block and how much they've varied the attack.  Got what we deserved at the end of the half and yes, been a little sloppy at times with the odd misplaced pass, but sport is never perfect.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2022, 11:33:25 pm »
Well done everyone slating Ox. Worked perfectly
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp