Author Topic: Arsenal vs Liverpool, now 13 Jan 2022, Pre-Match Thread  (Read 62185 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool, 6 Jan 2022, Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #160 on: January 4, 2022, 07:53:41 pm »
It’s only because we are massive and Klopp is an easy target for the xenophobic media.

Who gives a fuck.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #161 on: January 4, 2022, 07:54:11 pm »
The Reds have formally requested to the EFL that the fixture is rescheduled after further suspected positive tests were registered among players and staff, allied to other factors impacting selection, including illness and injury.

In response, the club halted preparations at the AXA Training Centre, meaning Tuesday’s first-team training session was cancelled.

Among the considerations which led to today’s application to the EFL is the need for travelling supporters to be given as much notice as possible of any potential postponement.

With no prospect of the current situation improving ahead of Thursday’s fixture and the potential for it to worsen, the club considers it both prudent and reasonable to ask for the fixture to be rescheduled.

Liverpool FC will offer a further update on the application process, as well as the resumption of training, in due course.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 4, 2022, 07:54:25 pm »
I think we’ll be out of football till near the end of the month to be fair, certainly be cancelling the fa cup game also this weekend.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #163 on: January 4, 2022, 07:55:07 pm »
I think we’re be out of football till near the end of the month to be fair, certainly be cancelling the fa cup game also this weekend.

Why would it be the end of the month if players have to isolate for 7 days only ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 4, 2022, 07:56:14 pm »
Why would it be the end of the month if players have to isolate for 7 days only ?
That will go right through the entire squad now

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: January 4, 2022, 07:58:13 pm »
Think the comment on thinking of travelling supporters is quite barbed at the way some of these matches have been called off hours before kick off.

Hopefully get a response tomorrow we reckon?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #166 on: January 4, 2022, 07:58:35 pm »
note that many people will still return positive tests after 7 days even if their symptoms have gone so we can't rely on that 100%. Hopefully if action is taken now, we might still be able to play next Thursday depend on how many go down.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 4, 2022, 08:01:02 pm »
Kelleher is not available? :o

Karius - The redemption
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #168 on: January 4, 2022, 08:04:53 pm »
Reading between the lines, I'm assuming this refers to Karius?

It is understood Liverpool did have a player who wasn’t registered available under the league’s rules, but his fitness to play was in question, because of an extended absence from the first team picture.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-liverpool-arsenal-semi-postponed-25854441?2=

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 4, 2022, 08:12:19 pm »
every club will be hit at different times, different players.  no reason to think it won't become an endless cycle type of thing.  even if no clubs are playing silly buggers with the thing.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 4, 2022, 08:14:57 pm »
I just wish the season would pause for a few weeks. Our entire season is close to being fucked. The league title has definitely been influenced by this mess IMO.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 4, 2022, 08:19:45 pm »
note that many people will still return positive tests after 7 days even if their symptoms have gone so we can't rely on that 100%. Hopefully if action is taken now, we might still be able to play next Thursday depend on how many go down.

Yeah but that would mean we are at home first. Not the way the draw was made.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 4, 2022, 08:20:17 pm »
The league title has definitely been influenced by this mess IMO.

Either all games should be played or none.

It's too late now as the league has already been distorted.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #173 on: January 4, 2022, 08:26:41 pm »
Reading between the lines, I'm assuming this refers to Karius?

Not even the FA would be harsh enough to make us play him.

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #174 on: January 4, 2022, 08:37:37 pm »
Just seen that the club want the game postponed/rearranged and it is all over the news. Am I missing something here. Other clubs just seemed to postpone their games and we only get to find out on LiveScore. But if Liverpool ‘make an application’ to postpone then it’s fkn prime time news. Comes with being the greatest club in the world I guess.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 4, 2022, 08:38:15 pm »
I just wish the season would pause for a few weeks. Our entire season is close to being fucked. The league title has definitely been influenced by this mess IMO.
I get the sentiment 100% .... but how on earth could we handle the backlog of games, in 4 competitions?

the season will NOT be lengthened.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 4, 2022, 08:49:50 pm »
Would Jaros be around after his loan?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #177 on: January 4, 2022, 08:54:10 pm »
This season is a mess, but here we are in the PL (and cups), trying to muddle through it with teams barely able to field starting 11’s and coaches and managers sick with it unable to train or coach their teams.

I am awaiting cries of scrapping the season and null and void very soon......

**crickets**

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #178 on: January 4, 2022, 08:54:44 pm »
I get the sentiment 100% .... but how on earth could we handle the backlog of games, in 4 competitions?

How are you so certain?  There is no summer tournament, would it not be sensible to extend the league and/or cup games to Mid June?

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #179 on: January 4, 2022, 09:08:03 pm »
How are you so certain?  There is no summer tournament, would it not be sensible to extend the league and/or cup games to Mid June?

fc

I think the flexibility would be limited. There is the mandatory off season to give players a test and then followed by lucrative pre season matches that big clubs wouldn’t want to miss and that includes us.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #180 on: January 4, 2022, 09:09:43 pm »
not sure we would be too worried to be honest, if the option was to simple play at home first then away I think Jurgen would take that. Whether the EFL would allow it is a different matter. Let's get the postponement approved first.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 4, 2022, 09:15:28 pm »

A pause isn't going to do anything.  The virus will still be present in the country and players will still be getting it.  You have to just deal with it imo. 

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #182 on: January 4, 2022, 09:18:08 pm »
Why would it be ?

We don’t know any details.
Because dickheads are in charge!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #183 on: January 4, 2022, 09:19:13 pm »

Or, they move the away leg to next week, then reschedule the home leg.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #184 on: January 4, 2022, 09:20:03 pm »
What were the PL gong to realistically do though?

Stop the League and make the players have their own lock down? You had Leicester players at the darts and Ali had a load of family over from Brazil.

Nothing illegal in either but probably not sensible considering your profession.

It wouldn't necessarily have been a lockdown. Just a pause to contain the spread amongst footballers, staff, etc. It was an idea that was floated for a few days but when all the PL clubs met it was shot down. It would never have happened of course.

I do agree with your point in general though. The problem is a lot of people are just going about their daily business and putting themselves in vulnerable positions. There are no restrictions so the fact it is rampant now isn't a surprise.
YWNA

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 4, 2022, 09:20:05 pm »
It's just reaching complete farce levels now. How stupid can they get playing a two legged semi final of the milk cup in the middle of a covid surge/AFCON and with no room to extend the season because of international wankball and the sportwashing world cup next Xmas.

A Boris/Trump hybrid would do a better job than the football authorities at present.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #186 on: January 4, 2022, 09:24:31 pm »
Just seen that the club want the game postponed/rearranged and it is all over the news. Am I missing something here. Other clubs just seemed to postpone their games and we only get to find out on LiveScore. But if Liverpool ‘make an application’ to postpone then it’s fkn prime time news. Comes with being the greatest club in the world I guess.

The rules are an absolute sham. When United had 2 games postponed and their training ground closed did we ever actually hear a number of how many of their players had it? We never heard anything. And we've been transparent all along with which of our players have had it.

In both the Spurs and Chelsea games we had 3+ first team players out with Covid and never once asked for a postponement. We dropped points in both games. Now all of sudden we want a game postponed we should throw our Academy kids into a game to preserve Arsenal's best chance of winning a trophy this season? Fuck that.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2022, 09:27:58 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #187 on: January 4, 2022, 09:31:41 pm »
This season is a mess, but here we are in the PL (and cups), trying to muddle through it with teams barely able to field starting 11’s and coaches and managers sick with it unable to train or coach their teams.

I am awaiting cries of scrapping the season and null and void very soon......

**crickets**

The cries are that Liverpool are a disgrace for not wanting to take a bunch of kids down there to get thrashed in a semi final.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #188 on: January 4, 2022, 09:35:16 pm »

We should be okay in a few weeks because most of the players and staff will have had the virus. But game by game who knows which opponent will be getting outbreaks and wanting games off.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 4, 2022, 09:35:18 pm »
If we forfeited the game at theirs 3-0 I'd still back us to go through at Anfield to be honest

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 4, 2022, 09:37:12 pm »
But game by game who knows which opponent will be getting outbreaks and wanting games off.

Who knows which clubs will be claiming outbreaks in order to get a rest and get injured players back.

Do clubs have to show proof of positive tests?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 4, 2022, 09:37:31 pm »
Because dickheads are in charge!

That's definitely a contributing factor.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 4, 2022, 09:38:41 pm »
If we forfeited the game at theirs 3-0 I'd still back us to go through at Anfield to be honest
Would be a huge task with one recognised forward currently available.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #193 on: January 4, 2022, 09:41:22 pm »
Game is off apparently.

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 4, 2022, 09:41:48 pm »
Would be a huge task with one recognised forward currently available.

Loan Shaq and Wijnaldum back and go full on Barce

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 4, 2022, 09:43:42 pm »
Liverpool must respect the integrity of the competition and field a strong team for this game.

how can they degrade a wonderful competition that's named after the latest big corporation that bid the most money to sponsor it this season?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 4, 2022, 09:45:36 pm »
Game is off apparently.

any source (I believe you - just wanted to know if there was an official notification)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #197 on: January 4, 2022, 09:45:52 pm »
It's just reaching complete farce levels now. How stupid can they get playing a two legged semi final of the milk cup in the middle of a covid surge/AFCON and with no room to extend the season because of international wankball and the sportwashing world cup next Xmas.

A Boris/Trump hybrid would do a better job than the football authorities at present.

It’s very purposeful i think

Because of that and the FA cup we’re playing 2 more league  games in January

They’re trying to make the afcon not make a complete farce of the season

Prioritising the league and throwing the 3rd round of the fa cup amd league cup semis in the bin
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 4, 2022, 09:47:45 pm »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #199 on: January 4, 2022, 09:48:07 pm »
Stating the obvious - but the PL are an utter disgrace. Other teams eg. Man Utd, Newcastle etc have had games postponed like at the drop of a hat......we request a game and it's like  oooooh, hold on ! Fuckin' shithouses they are.