Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 582846 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2019, 05:32:57 am »
Does he? Not to be too harsh but he looks on a similar level as Kent, Woodburn etc in that he looks to be a good player that will probably have a good career but there are questions regarding whether he can actually grow into a Liverpool-level player. I think people underestimate how challenging it is to make it at the top without a combination of outstanding athleticism and technical ability.

Really hard to say at this stage. I'd say if he hasn't pulled up any trees this time next season, he'd be firmly in the Kent or Woodburn camps. I think he does need to a loan to a team where he's going to get plenty of first team time and have the opportunity to absolutely rip it up, because that's what we need for a player for them to be given the chance to be good enough.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2019, 08:33:21 am »
Really hoping he leans into this haircut to fuck everyone off.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2019, 08:43:37 am »
Does he? Not to be too harsh but he looks on a similar level as Kent, Woodburn etc in that he looks to be a good player that will probably have a good career but there are questions regarding whether he can actually grow into a Liverpool-level player. I think people underestimate how challenging it is to make it at the top without a combination of outstanding athleticism and technical ability.

Don't agree, his technique stands out a lot more than Woodburn for example. His 5'10-5'11 and knows how to protect the ball and ideally as a midfielder doesn't need the outright athleticism( in terms pf pace)we rely on from our forwards and wing backs.

Jones is on par with Brewster as a prospect.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2019, 10:25:15 am »
Don't agree, his technique stands out a lot more than Woodburn for example. His 5'10-5'11 and knows how to protect the ball and ideally as a midfielder doesn't need the outright athleticism( in terms pf pace)we rely on from our forwards and wing backs.

I think they're all very good young players, but disagree his technique stands out more than Woodburns and also disagree he's on a par with Brewster. You can see Brewster is on another level physically to the two of them

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2019, 11:42:02 am »
I think they're all very good young players, but disagree his technique stands out more than Woodburns and also disagree he's on a par with Brewster. You can see Brewster is on another level physically to the two of them

Jones is better technically than Woodburn in my opinion, his a better dribbler(that's not up for debate) and possesses a load more flair, he is a lot more confident in the way he manoeuvres the ball, technically I think he has that same outright confidence and ability that Keïta possesses if I was going to compare him from someone in the first team.

Woodburn's strength for me has always been his intelligence and tactical nouse, technically he is very efficient, but Jones oozes flair and natural ability so much so that I don't see him not making a career for a top 6-10 team(as long as his attitude is sound).

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:50:36 am by Coolie High »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2019, 11:54:23 am »
Jones is better technically than Woodburn in my opinion, his a better dribbler(that's not up for debate) and possesses a load more flair, he is a lot more confident in the way he manoeuvres the ball, technically I think he has that same outright confidence and ability that Keïta possesses if I was going to compare him from someone in the first team.

Woodburn's strength for me has always been his intelligence and tactical nouse, technically he is very efficient, but Jones oozes flair and natural ability so much so that I don't see him not making a career for a top 6-10 team(as long as his attitude is sound).

I basically agree about their strengths except I don't think just being a more confident dribbler is enough to make someone's technique stand out.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2019, 02:30:13 pm »

The only player who we've had that has been able to overcome a lack of physicality through sheer technique is Suso who had to move to Italy to make a career of it. And his technique was miles above what I have seen from any of our youngsters since. And it's not like he's tearing up trees either. The step up to senior football is huge.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2019, 02:51:46 pm »
The only player who we've had that has been able to overcome a lack of physicality through sheer technique is Suso who had to move to Italy to make a career of it. And his technique was miles above what I have seen from any of our youngsters since. And it's not like he's tearing up trees either. The step up to senior football is huge.

Wouldn't say it's huge at all.

Life is about opportunities and sometimes being in the right place at the right time.

TAA was highly rated then Clyne got injured. TTA steps up.

Harvey knows Milner and Lallana contracts running out and age isn't on their side. Liverpool have just won the youth cup and Klopp/Liverpool FC will have plans for some of them  to brake through.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:14:50 pm by Fordy »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2019, 02:55:40 pm »

TTA was highly rated then Clyne got injured. TTA steps up.

Trent Talexander Arnold?    :D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2019, 03:00:49 pm »

;D. Sounds better.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2019, 03:08:14 pm »
Wouldn't say it's huge at all.

Life is about opportunities and sometimes being in the right place at the right time.

TAA was highly rated then Clyne got injured. TTA steps up.

Harvey knows Milner and Lallana contracts running out and age isn't on their side. Liverpool have just won the youth cup and Klopp/Liverpool FC will have plans for me to brake through.

to be honest I really like the look of Harvey. I think he has searing acceleration over the first two or three steps along with absolutely exquisite close control that I think shows him to be a good prospect. He's also 16, so there's no doubt he will grow more over the next few years and I think the club will be hoping he will gain some speed and strength because his technical qualities are already excellent. We were discussing Curtis Jones though.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2019, 03:23:46 pm »
to be honest I really like the look of Harvey. I think he has searing acceleration over the first two or three steps along with absolutely exquisite close control that I think shows him to be a good prospect. He's also 16, so there's no doubt he will grow more over the next few years and I think the club will be hoping he will gain some speed and strength because his technical qualities are already excellent. We were discussing Curtis Jones though.

Think Jones has been unlucky so far.

He has talent but needs go on loan I think. Our midfield is still a weak point for me.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2019, 09:00:23 pm »

Does Klopp loan players he sees as part of his plans or does he keep them close?

TAA
Gomez
Brewster
Ki Hoever

Don't think we would have loaned any of them

Awoniyi (not through choice)
Grabara
Grujic
Kane
Kent
Wilson

All seem to be in the shop window rather than having a genuine chance of breaking into the first team, I don't know if Klopp basically runs his eye over them in training before relegating them down to u23s and then shop window?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2019, 09:08:16 pm »
Does Klopp loan players he sees as part of his plans or does he keep them close?

TAA
Gomez
Brewster
Ki Hoever

Grabara
Grujic
Kane
Kent
Wilson

All seem to be in the shop window rather than having a genuine chance of breaking into the first team, I don't know if Klopp basically runs his eye over them in training before relegating them down to u23s and then shop window?

I think some go on loan - Grujic for example, and maybe Grabara this season too, partly because they think they could play a role here in the future, but there isn't a spot for them now. But they need to play in the mean time, so sending them to teams they will play, will help them develop, plus keep them happy!

Such is the age players make the breakthrough at the top level now, I'm kinda of the opinion that if there isn't strong signs of it by the time they are around 20, then it's not going to happen. So some of these loans I guess should be shop window - although not many seem to be getting sold!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2019, 09:13:43 pm »
I think some go on loan - Grujic for example, and maybe Grabara this season too, partly because they think they could play a role here in the future, but there isn't a spot for them now. But they need to play in the mean time, so sending them to teams they will play, will help them develop, plus keep them happy!

Such is the age players make the breakthrough at the top level now, I'm kinda of the opinion that if there isn't strong signs of it by the time they are around 20, then it's not going to happen. So some of these loans I guess should be shop window - although not many seem to be getting sold!

You would be mostly right. At least for the highest level teams. By 22, if they aren't world beaters, or looking like it, then they most probably won't ever be.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2019, 09:57:50 pm »

TAA
Gomez
Brewster
Ki Hoever

Grabara
Grujic
Kane
Kent
Wilson

I’d suggest the shop window theory is probably true for those other than Grabara. He’s genuinely got a chance but as a GK needs some time as a #1 to develop.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2019, 10:01:44 pm »
It's a case by case basis, itsvdependant on how strong we are in position youngster may be breaking through and also how good of a loan the player as and at what level, going on loan doesn't mean a player doesn't have a future here Klopp himself says he doesn't subscribe to the idea every player had to break through at 17 or 18, it will vary from player to player.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2019, 10:04:11 pm »

TAA
Gomez
Brewster
Ki Hoever

Grabara
Grujic
Kane
Kent
Wilson

None of those players in your last list have been sold so can't agree.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2019, 11:08:14 pm »
You would be mostly right. At least for the highest level teams. By 22, if they aren't world beaters, or looking like it, then they most probably won't ever be.

Are you telling me at 41, I should give up my dream of playing for the reds?  :(
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2019, 11:15:49 pm »
Are you telling me at 41, I should give up my dream of playing for the reds?  :(

There's always the walking football side  :D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2019, 02:17:31 am »

You've got to hold on to the dream

For if you don't have a dream - if you DON'T have a dream - then how you gonna make a dream come true?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2019, 07:01:14 am »

Never knew he was from Wigan.

Cheers
Jon

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2019, 10:55:01 am »

I understand the sentiment, but I also believe that development is not linear? Falcao became a world beater at 25 or above for example. There have been quite a few players who have been late bloomers over the years.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2019, 11:35:26 am »
I understand the sentiment, but I also believe that development is not linear? Falcao became a world beater at 25 or above for example. There have been quite a few players who have been late bloomers over the years.
There are always exceptions but the hit rate is so low it's not worth it to the top clubs to hang on to a player that long. Better to cash in and try with the next group.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2019, 11:40:17 am »
Not sure about that bun, maybe he can get an Alice band or something :)

Welcome Harvey, hope we lots of you in the coming years.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2019, 12:59:21 pm »
There are always exceptions but the hit rate is so low it's not worth it to the top clubs to hang on to a player that long. Better to cash in and try with the next group.
Exactly why so many promising teenagers are fleeing the youth systems of top clubs right now, especially in England.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2019, 01:48:23 pm »
Exactly why so many promising teenagers are fleeing the youth systems of top clubs right now, especially in England.

Agree. It says more about the impatience of some badly run clubs than actually the development of players. It's why you come to a stage where United give up Pogba or Chelsea give up Matic & then buy them back for a much bigger fee, when they already had the player.

Makes no sense to me to do it just because they can afford it. That's one big reason why I think development is not linear & you have to give the right atmosphere & opportunity for youngsters to develop at various stages of their career, at least until 25 if they believe in a player. But I've seen top clubs dilly and dally around & finally either the youngster's career is affected or they end up wasting millions instead of dipping on these talents.

That's why it's a major risk joining clubs especially like Real Madrid or Barcelona early in a player's career. The development of plenty of players from 18-24 have stalled at these clubs. God knows whatever happened to Malcom, Vinicius Junior and Mariano.

EDIT: Of course, there will be some players whom the coaches and staff will know they won't absolutely make it where they'll know by 21-22 where they need not wait further, it's fine to take a decision on them, but there are plenty of talented and borderline cases who have never gotten the opportunity at these clubs.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:55:58 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »
He reminds me of Messi.

Teenagers tend to be Messi
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2019, 02:56:05 pm »
Is Harvey capable of playing where Mane plays?  We are short on cover on that side.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2019, 04:34:26 pm »
Please tell me the video that is currently doing the rounds is fake.. :(
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2019, 04:36:38 pm »
He's our new cover for the front three  :)

Good luck to the lad!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2019, 04:42:32 pm »

Even if it is he’s 16 years old

Just because he has a talent for football doesn’t mean he’s grown up

Sure the club will deal with it and educate him on and off the pitch

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2019, 04:49:40 pm »
Even if it is he’s 16 years old

Just because he has a talent for football doesn’t mean he’s grown up

Sure the club will deal with it and educate him on and off the pitch

https://twitter.com/kariasback/status/1156552290389696512?s=21 has the video. Some will go overboard and overreact to it, but it's a 16 year old kid being stupid. The club will deal with it privately as they should.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »

16 yr old acts like a teenage idiot on snapchat shocker.

honestly I'm more surprised by people being shocked. i was deffo being more of a c*nt at 16... in fact now I'm a 33 yr old man I believe most kids that age behave like idiots because those are the ages you think "you're the big man" when in fact your a silly little kid.

we've all been there, him mocking Harry Kane is hardly a scandal (imo)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2019, 04:54:49 pm »
16 yr old acts like a teenage idiot on snapchat shocker.

honestly I'm more surprised by people being shocked. i was deffo being more of a c*nt at 16... in fact now I'm a 33 yr old man I believe most kids that age behave like idiots because those are the ages you think "you're the big man" when in fact your a silly little kid.

we've all been there, him mocking Harry Kane is hardly a scandal (imo)

Gonna be a bit awkward when Harv makes his England debut.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2019, 05:08:27 pm »
Sad person who kept and leaked that video
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »

Apparently they're a Liverpool fan and probably a kid as well. Probably thinks it's funny like many kids that age will.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2019, 05:20:06 pm »
Apparently they're a Liverpool fan and probably a kid as well. Probably thinks it's funny like many kids that age will.

Fair doo's
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2019, 05:22:27 pm »

Same person probably leaked all 3 videos

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2019, 05:23:18 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017