Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605668 times)

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #10240 on: March 5, 2018, 09:32:19 am »
Why? I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but its not a crazy opinion.

You kinda did ;D

So when I say Kane is a better striker than Torres or Bergkamp ever was, I think you need to accept that.

Kane's not obviously better than the other two, but he deserves to be in the same conversation when comparing their impact on the PL.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10241 on: March 5, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
I agree with your trophy comment, but didn't agree anyone HAS to accept Kane is better than either Bergkamp of Torres.

I'll accept it would be a very valid argument that he is, but then I'd also accept that I think someone could argue both of those had other aspects of their game which they brought to matches which Kane doesn't do anywhere near as regularly.

I totally agree, I meant accepting the opinion. I'm not saying you have to agree. I also accept the Bergkamp comparison is a strange one as they are totally different players so not really relevant I guess. Kane already deserves to be mentioned in that category though, it's not a ridiculous conversation to have.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10242 on: March 5, 2018, 09:33:23 am »
Bloody hell Craig, almost word for word! Damn you being 47 seconds quicker!

• Kopite
« Reply #10243 on: March 5, 2018, 09:33:44 am »
You kinda did ;D

Kane's not obviously better than the other two, but he deserves to be in the same conversation when comparing their impact on the PL.

Ok that does read like that, I meant accept my opinion not accept it as a fact. Apologies.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10244 on: March 5, 2018, 09:56:19 am »
I totally agree, I meant accepting the opinion. I'm not saying you have to agree. I also accept the Bergkamp comparison is a strange one as they are totally different players so not really relevant I guess. Kane already deserves to be mentioned in that category though, it's not a ridiculous conversation to have.

No, it is.

Bergkamp and Torres had amazing careers, Kane has had a very good four seasons. That’s the difference. Kane is a great goal scorer in the Premier League, that’s what he’s achieved so far. That’s it. We don’t know how he is in really big games because Spurs don’t really have them. He hasn’t spear headed a title charge or scored in cup finals or anything even close. He’s a very clinical striker, much like Alan Shearer but Shearers goals meant something. I mean the Torres one I’ll give you that he’s almost comparable. But Bergkamp?! Literally one of the greatest forwards of the last thirty years or whatever. These are both players who have excelled at every level of the game, that’s something you don’t seem to understand (amongst other things). Nothing to do with ‘but trophies’. His legacy so far at international level is hilarious corners and free kicks.

Bizarre comment about Gerrard not having a cabinet full of PL trophies by the way. It’s the only one he hasn’t got. Scored in CL, UEFA, FA and League Cup winning finals. That’s when you can talk about great players. Kane might get there, but doubtful it’ll be with Tottenham. But yeah when his goals have actually helped Spurs achieve something, come back and we’ll have a closer debate :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #10245 on: March 5, 2018, 09:58:02 am »
;D you have the audacity to call me crazy? And then post that?

Comparing Kane to Matt Le Tissier?

You actually don't need trophies to sort top class players out. Gerrard hardly had a cabinet of PL medals did he? What about Shearer?

Shearer won the Premier League.

Gerrard?

In his 17 seasons at Anfield, Gerrard won a total of two FA Cups, three League Cups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup, one FA Community Shield and one UEFA Super Cup.

He was named in the PFA Team of the Year a record eight times, the UEFA Team of the Year and FIFA World XI three times, was named PFA Players' Player of the Year in 2006 and the FWA Footballer of the Year in 2009.

Gerrard was awarded the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year award in 2005, and the Ballon d'Or Bronze Award. In 2009, Zinedine Zidane and Pelé said that they considered Gerrard to be the best footballer in the world.

Gerrard is the only footballer in history to score in an FA Cup Final, a League Cup Final, a UEFA Cup Final and a UEFA Champions League Final, winning on each occasion.

And Kane, erm, won Spurs player of the season a couple of times?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10246 on: March 5, 2018, 10:04:34 am »
I’d be more nervous about that than playing pretty much anyone else.

Spurs and City are the two teams to avoid at that stage. Hopefully they get each other.

Just hate playing either of them away.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

• Kopite
« Reply #10247 on: March 5, 2018, 10:12:00 am »
No, it is.

Bergkamp and Torres had amazing careers, Kane has had a very good four seasons. That’s the difference. Kane is a great goal scorer in the Premier League, that’s what he’s achieved so far. That’s it. We don’t know how he is in really big games because Spurs don’t really have them. He hasn’t spear headed a title charge or scored in cup finals or anything even close. He’s a very clinical striker, much like Alan Shearer but Shearers goals meant something. I mean the Torres one I’ll give you that he’s almost comparable. But Bergkamp?! Literally one of the greatest forwards of the last thirty years or whatever. These are both players who have excelled at every level of the game, that’s something you don’t seem to understand (amongst other things). Nothing to do with ‘but trophies’. His legacy so far at international level is hilarious corners and free kicks.

Bizarre comment about Gerrard not having a cabinet full of PL trophies by the way. It’s the only one he hasn’t got. Scored in CL, UEFA, FA and League Cup winning finals. That’s when you can talk about great players. Kane might get there, but doubtful it’ll be with Tottenham. But yeah when his goals have actually helped Spurs achieve something, come back and we’ll have a closer debate :)

Bizarre to bring up Internationals when England have always been such a poor side. Gerrard did FA for England too so it's not really relevant. It wasn't Kane's fault that he was chosen to take corners, that is on Hodgson. Utterly bizarre decision. Ironic that Kane scored an 88th minute headed winner from a corner at Palace last week though.

Kane's career has only just started, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win major trophies at Spurs the next few years. Guaranteed when he retires he will be spoken about as one of the games best ever strikers.

Spurs have had plenty of big games. is Juventus away not a big game? He scored in a FA Cup semi final against Chelsea? He's scored in CL games, he's scored key winners at every level. Wouldn't be surprised if Kane wins us the FA Cup this season.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10248 on: March 5, 2018, 10:14:08 am »
"Be very surprised if he doesn't win major trophies at Spurs the next few years. Guaranteed when he retires he will be spoken about as one of the games best ever strikers"

Yeah, he's trolling lads. Don't bother.

• Kopite
« Reply #10249 on: March 5, 2018, 10:24:42 am »
"Be very surprised if he doesn't win major trophies at Spurs the next few years. Guaranteed when he retires he will be spoken about as one of the games best ever strikers"

Yeah, he's trolling lads. Don't bother.

Eh? What makes you say that?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10250 on: March 5, 2018, 10:29:21 am »
Eh? What makes you say that?

Errm, let me think here... maybe the bit where you said you'd be very surprised if he doesn't win major trophies at Spurs and that it's guaranteed he will be spoken about as one of the games best ever strikers.

• Kopite
« Reply #10251 on: March 5, 2018, 10:45:03 am »
Errm, let me think here... maybe the bit where you said you'd be very surprised if he doesn't win major trophies at Spurs and that it's guaranteed he will be spoken about as one of the games best ever strikers.

In what way is that trolling? Kane is already proving himself as a GOAT. He will continue to do so. As I said, only Shearer and Henry have had the same consistent impact in the PL as Kane is doing now. He is still young, I'm sure trophies will come, but even if they don't, his goalscoring record when he retires will likely be comparable with Shearer's, which automatically puts him as a legendary striker, regardless of what he wins.

The bit where I say Spurs will win major honours over the next few years, well I sincerely hope so. Difficult when you have City bankrolled by oil money, but Spurs are definitely able to win trophies with the current squad and with Kane leading the charge.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10252 on: March 5, 2018, 10:54:57 am »
In what way is that trolling? Kane is already proving himself as a GOAT. He will continue to do so. As I said, only Shearer and Henry have had the same consistent impact in the PL as Kane is doing now. He is still young, I'm sure trophies will come, but even if they don't, his goalscoring record when he retires will likely be comparable with Shearer's, which automatically puts him as a legendary striker, regardless of what he wins.

The bit where I say Spurs will win major honours over the next few years, well I sincerely hope so. Difficult when you have City bankrolled by oil money, but Spurs are definitely able to win trophies with the current squad and with Kane leading the charge.

It's the extremities you use to describe how good he/Spurs are - now he's a GOAT ffs! You mix in a lot of sensible points with some massive hyperbole, hard to take the sensible stuff seriously when you're throwing in the GOAT bomb for Kane.

• Kopite
« Reply #10253 on: March 5, 2018, 10:56:54 am »
It's the extremities you use to describe how good he/Spurs are - now he's a GOAT ffs! You mix in a lot of sensible points with some massive hyperbole, hard to take the sensible stuff seriously when you're throwing in the GOAT bomb for Kane.

Haha. Sorry, I guess i get carried away talking about Spurs. Too early to use the GOAT bomb.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10254 on: March 5, 2018, 11:08:44 am »
 :butt

You said not a few a weeks ago that you were going to stop posting shite, and adjust your posting ‘style’ and you haven’t at all. Honestly lad if you can’t post sensibly without the hysterics and nonsense trolling, just save the mods the hassle of waiting for you to dig yourself a hole and go away.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Kopite
« Reply #10255 on: March 5, 2018, 11:26:06 am »
:butt

You said not a few a weeks ago that you were going to stop posting shite, and adjust your posting ‘style’ and you haven’t at all. Honestly lad if you can’t post sensibly without the hysterics and nonsense trolling, just save the mods the hassle of waiting for you to dig yourself a hole and go away.

I have adjusted my posting style. I admit I needed to improve my posting style and I have done. I don't see where I'm posting shite, you can't expect other people to have the exact same opinion as you all the time. Sure I am going to praise Spurs more than a non spurs fan would, and might be a bit OTT sometimes, but that's hardly a crime is it....

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10256 on: March 5, 2018, 11:32:21 am »
I'd have Bergkamp over Kane because I think he was just far better to watch. While Kane is a brilliant goalscorer and definitely the striker I'd choose from another PL team I don't think there's much about him to love watching. It's precise, robotic and mightily effective but where's the moments of magic that we love to watch football for? Pretty much why I'd never choose Ronaldo over Messi.

I don't think Ronaldo vs Messi is accurate here though. Messi's 'magic' is what separates him from Ronaldo, because they both score an absolute tonne of goals at a similar rate. Kane scores a tonne of goals whereas Bergkamp never did in Italy or England. Thus it is Bergkamp's moments of magic and creativity which puts him in the same conversation as Kane's tonne of goals.

Bergkamp's moments of magic, though, were far more irregular than Messi's. If that wasn't the case, he'd have made the PL's team of the year more than once. Ultimately they're very different players, but I don't think it's absurd for a Tottenham fan to argue that Kane is a more effective striker than Bergkamp, or Torres for that matter.

It would be absurd to say he's had a more effective career than either at this stage given Bergkamp and Torres' trophy hauls, but using arguments like "he's only been doing it for four years" isn't really effective because, if anything, that shows how good he is given that he's already scored more goals in England than both of them.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I’m free to roam."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10257 on: March 5, 2018, 11:33:53 am »
Why the constant comparrisons with past players?  It makes cringeworthy reading from both sides to be honest because all you are doing is belittling each others opinions and that's all they are.

Good weekend for both of us.  Another 3pts and our closest rivals for top 4 both lost.  Just need Utd to balls up tonight and it will be perfect.

Watched the Liverpool match with my boy.  Pretty run of the mill demolition job.  HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY?

Was quite chuffed to see Son hitting his goals.  That was 4 in the week for him and to be honest i thought he was on a bit of a downturn formwise.  With Deli Ali looking a bit more involved to. 

Someone commented earlier that Spurs aren't involved in big matches.  Well if playing juventus in the knock out stages of the CL with it finely balanced isn't worth getting excited about, well we may as well give up on football.  Cant wait.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10258 on: March 5, 2018, 11:35:12 am »

I have adjusted my posting style. I admit I needed to improve my posting style and I have done. I don't see where I'm posting shite, you can't expect other people to have the exact same opinion as you all the time. Sure I am going to praise Spurs more than a non spurs fan would, and might be a bit OTT sometimes, but that's hardly a crime is it....

It’s not a crime no, it’s just utter shite. You’ve even got other Spurs fans posting less regularly because of the utter drivel you post, like ‘Kane is already one of the greatest of all time’. Just take a fucking day off. There’s Arsenal, United, City, Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle fans posting on here amongst others and not one of them posts anywhere near the amount of trolling shite you do.

Why don’t you PM a few of the Arsenal posters on here for some tips on how to behave on an opposition forum? Genuine advice :)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10259 on: March 5, 2018, 11:35:12 am »
Discussions of player X being better than player Y are always, without fail, fucking tedious.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I’m free to roam."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10260 on: March 5, 2018, 11:40:08 am »
It’s not a crime no, it’s just utter shite. You’ve even got other Spurs fans posting less regularly because of the utter drivel you post, like ‘Kane is already one of the greatest of all time’. Just take a fucking day off. There’s Arsenal, United, City, Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle fans posting on here amongst others and not one of them posts anywhere near the amount of trolling shite you do.

Why don’t you PM a few of the Arsenal posters on here for some tips on how to behave on an opposition forum? Genuine advice :)

Maybe you could back off a little bit too.  The guy is allowed an opinion and just because its a little biased towards Spurs, maybe take the fact hes a spurs fan into account.  As you say spurs fans don't post because of a lot of this crap. but from what i see its both sides (You don't have to comment on him).  Surely the point of having a spurs thread is to discuss spurs issues and topics with spurs fans.  Just a suggestion, please don't put me on your target list as well

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #10261 on: March 5, 2018, 11:47:30 am »
Discussions of player X being better than player Y are always, without fail, fucking tedious.

Have to agree. When you get past the fact that most players you compare are probably playing in different teams, often different positions or roles, different leagues and different eras of the game it still leaves the fact that it is often down to opinion, preference and bias. It can be a little fun at first, but it almost always devolves in to people flinging about insults and personal attacks as if that somehow makes their opinion more worthwhile, then at the end of it all the likelihood of you having changed their opinion is nil. It's why everyone hates the endless Ronaldo v Messi debate and these are no different.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #10262 on: March 5, 2018, 11:47:43 am »
I don't know what people expect having an oppositions team thread to be honest. It's always going to have periods of calm and concise chat and periods of total bias towards our own/there own players.
Then again it is a discussion forum so I don't see the problem.
Welcome to RAWK :)
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10263 on: March 5, 2018, 11:53:53 am »
Why the constant comparrisons with past players?  It makes cringeworthy reading from both sides to be honest because all you are doing is belittling each others opinions and that's all they are.

Good weekend for both of us.  Another 3pts and our closest rivals for top 4 both lost.  Just need Utd to balls up tonight and it will be perfect.

Watched the Liverpool match with my boy.  Pretty run of the mill demolition job.  HOW WAS THAT NOT A PENALTY?

Was quite chuffed to see Son hitting his goals.  That was 4 in the week for him and to be honest i thought he was on a bit of a downturn formwise.  With Deli Ali looking a bit more involved to. 

Someone commented earlier that Spurs aren't involved in big matches.  Well if playing juventus in the knock out stages of the CL with it finely balanced isn't worth getting excited about, well we may as well give up on football.  Cant wait.

Son's an absolute diamond, I'd love him in our squad - he'd be a great back up option for about 4 positions. Works his bollocks off, eye for a goal, great movement, can't ask for much more. I wonder if he's content with his lot though - still doesn't feel like he's assured of a starting place if everyone's fit.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10264 on: March 5, 2018, 11:57:28 am »
I don't know what people expect having an oppositions team thread to be honest. It's always going to have periods of calm and concise chat and periods of total bias towards our own/there own players.
Then again it is a discussion forum so I don't see the problem.
Welcome to RAWK :)

Definitely.  But without spurs fans contributions it just becomes a bitch fest of insults from vocal Liverpool fans against a team with little factual information.  He who shouts loudest and nastiest wins.  Even Lobo commented that within all the trolling there is some useful information. 

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10265 on: March 5, 2018, 11:57:38 am »
Maybe you could back off a little bit too.  The guy is allowed an opinion and just because its a little biased towards Spurs, maybe take the fact hes a spurs fan into account.  As you say spurs fans don't post because of a lot of this crap. but from what i see its both sides (You don't have to comment on him).  Surely the point of having a spurs thread is to discuss spurs issues and topics with spurs fans.  Just a suggestion, please don't put me on your target list as well

Nah you can stay off the target list :)

But with respect, it’s a Liverpool forum. I wouldn’t go and post on a Spurs forum constant shite about how our players are the greatest and the club is amazing and our players don’t do a thing wrong and then expect fair treatment. I certainly wouldn’t expect it in a season where my club had successfully conned a draw against Spurs and numerous other clubs.

We have Newcastle, Arsenal and even United fans who contribute financially to the running of the forum. And then there’s the lad who has already been called out for being registered on numerous other forums pissing people off there too. It really isn’t rocket science. If you’re that intent on specifically posting on Liverpool forums, then wind your neck in.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #10266 on: March 5, 2018, 11:59:01 am »
Son's an absolute diamond, I'd love him in our squad - he'd be a great back up option for about 4 positions. Works his bollocks off, eye for a goal, great movement, can't ask for much more. I wonder if he's content with his lot though - still doesn't feel like he's assured of a starting place if everyone's fit.

You can never be certain as just a fan I suppose but I would say he is pretty happy. At the moment we are playing plenty of games so he is picking up plenty of minutes, the only person he is really losing minutes to at the moment is Lamela and that will be situational and if Lamela does get the nod to start over him in one game its almost a guarantee he will start the next if it is less than a week away so could be worse.

I hope he is happy anyway, I love having him at the club.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10267 on: March 5, 2018, 12:00:38 pm »
You can never be certain as just a fan I suppose but I would say he is pretty happy. At the moment we are playing plenty of games so he is picking up plenty of minutes, the only person he is really losing minutes to at the moment is Lamela and that will be situational and if Lamela does get the nod to start over him in one game its almost a guarantee he will start the next if it is less than a week away so could be worse.

I hope he is happy anyway, I love having him at the club.

What are you actually expecting in the summer? Wingers? Striker?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10268 on: March 5, 2018, 12:01:14 pm »

I think they can feel confident about keeping Son for a while yet. Not the kind of player that will appeal to the heavyweight sides in my opinion. He does get loads of first team football and has a comfy environment, I can't see why he'd give that up unless it's for guaranteed trophies and as I said I don't see any of those teams wanting him.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10269 on: March 5, 2018, 12:02:09 pm »

You are bang on there.  He seems to be such a likeable guy too.  Can be a little up and down with his form (When hes poor he is very poor).  Reminds me of when Arsenal had Freddie Lunjberg (sp).  Wasn't ever the best player on the pitch but always scored vital goals and added quality.  With him and Lucas settled in next season i expect us to be a lot faster in attack.  Remember when we were getting the 'how will they cope at wembley' discussions.  It seems a long time since that topic came up because the likes of son have reaped the benefits

• Kopite
« Reply #10270 on: March 5, 2018, 12:03:48 pm »

Look, if you don't want to read a Spurs fan praising Spurs players, maybe don't enter the Spurs thread. You'd have a point if I was going into other threads posting Spurs related stuff, but I'm not. What do you expect to see in here? Spurs are doing well at the moment and Kane is one of the best strikers around, I don't think my opinion is drivel, or far fetched. I'm hardly like I'm proclaiming Troy Deeney the best striker around am I? It's Kane, on for potentially his third successive PL Golden Boot.

• Kopite
« Reply #10271 on: March 5, 2018, 12:08:15 pm »
I think they can feel confident about keeping Son for a while yet. Not the kind of player that will appeal to the heavyweight sides in my opinion. He does get loads of first team football and has a comfy environment, I can't see why he'd give that up unless it's for guaranteed trophies and as I said I don't see any of those teams wanting him.

Seems to have a really good attitude, not the player who seems overly concerned with money either. So yeah not too many worries we could lose him. He really has come on tremendously these past two seasons.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #10272 on: March 5, 2018, 12:08:46 pm »
What are you actually expecting in the summer? Wingers? Striker?

No doubt we will be back in again trying to find a new solution to backing up Kane. It's a difficult buy, so I have no idea what direction we will take in that regard.

Wingers/attacking midfielders is our strongest/deepest position with Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Son and Lucas all able to start in those spots, along with Sissoko if necessary (yuck). In saying that, we've still been linked with a bunch of these players. It seems we are still very keen on Sessegnon whose future seems to lie further forward.

My ideal purchase would be a new centre midfielder. Someone who can properly fill in for Dembele. Winks is decent but he's looked rusty since returning from injury and I'm not sure he will reach that level. Dembele has had constant injury troubles throughout his career, but most are minor enough that he has played through them, this will catch up with him though and we really need to start looking to the future in that position.

Other than that, fullbacks maybe. Depending on what happens with our current ones aka if Rose leaves after all and if Aurier does not or looks like he will not improve.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10273 on: March 5, 2018, 12:09:37 pm »

But with respect, it’s a Liverpool forum. I wouldn’t go and post on a Spurs forum constant shite about how our players are the greatest and the club is amazing and our players don’t do a thing wrong and then expect fair treatment. I certainly wouldn’t expect it in a season where my club had successfully conned a draw against Spurs and numerous other clubs.

We have Newcastle, Arsenal and even United fans who contribute financially to the running of the forum. And then there’s the lad who has already been called out for being registered on numerous other forums pissing people off there too. It really isn’t rocket science. If you’re that intent on specifically posting on Liverpool forums, then wind your neck in.

Of course its a Liverpool forum.  But if you want spurs fans to contribute to the spurs section, please allow them the grace of discussing their own team in a semi favourable light.  Kane isn't the greatest anything.  Hes a player lighting up spurs team at the moment.  Hes probably our best player so surely spurs fans are allowed to have slight bias towards him.  Your dig about conning is fair enough from a Liverpool fan.  We don't necessarily agree and that's the beauty of football (VAR can do one IMO)  We have similar situations we would like to discuss as and when they arise but it just gets steam rollered by some of the nastiness.

If you don't agree with something, change the subject.  It quickly moved onto Son.  Its easily done

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10274 on: March 5, 2018, 12:12:53 pm »
No doubt we will be back in again trying to find a new solution to backing up Kane. It's a difficult buy, so I have no idea what direction we will take in that regard.

Looking for somebody that can run a bit and turn faster than a lorry would be a good starting point ;D I'd love to know what your scouts saw in Llorente to pay anything for him, let alone 12m. Saw him in a pretty press intensive Sevilla side and he looked absolutely finished, like he was running in custard.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2018, 12:16:05 pm by Gerry Attrick »

• Kopite
« Reply #10275 on: March 5, 2018, 12:12:57 pm »

That's just not true though is it. I think we all enjoy having a discussion with other teams supporters. Debating with rival fans is interesting even if it can get intense and results in big differences of opinion. I think you are being way OTT to be honest.

• Kopite
« Reply #10276 on: March 5, 2018, 12:16:49 pm »

Wingers/attacking midfielders is our strongest/deepest position with Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Son and Lucas all able to start in those spots, along with Sissoko if necessary (yuck). In saying that, we've still been linked with a bunch of these players. It seems we are still very keen on Sessegnon whose future seems to lie further forward.

My ideal purchase would be a new centre midfielder. Someone who can properly fill in for Dembele. Winks is decent but he's looked rusty since returning from injury and I'm not sure he will reach that level. Dembele has had constant injury troubles throughout his career, but most are minor enough that he has played through them, this will catch up with him though and we really need to start looking to the future in that position.

Other than that, fullbacks maybe. Depending on what happens with our current ones aka if Rose leaves after all and if Aurier does not or looks like he will not improve.

Winks has been really poor. I'd like to think it's fitness related but his poor form is a worry. I was singing his praises earlier in the season but now I worry if he will actually make it with us. CM I'd say is definitely our weakest area if Dembele is injured, we really need a proper passer in there.

Think the jury is still out on Aurier. Some good games some bad games. Next season will be a better time to judge him.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10277 on: March 5, 2018, 12:17:05 pm »
That's just not true though is it. I think we all enjoy having a discussion with other teams supporters. Debating with rival fans is interesting even if it can get intense and results in big differences of opinion. I think you are being way OTT to be honest.

Here you go :)

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=74199.0

That’s a link to donate to the running of the forum you’re using for free. Every little helps.

• Kopite
« Reply #10278 on: March 5, 2018, 12:18:56 pm »
Here you go :)

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=74199.0

That’s a link to donate to the running of the forum you’re using for free. Every little helps.

Will I get my original username back though? ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10279 on: March 5, 2018, 12:19:24 pm »
Will I get my original username back though? ;)

No one gets their original username back, that’s part of RAWK ;)