Author Topic: Pre-match thread: Brighton vs Liverpool, 12th January, 3pm  (Read 35428 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-match thread: Brighton vs Liverpool, 12th January, 3pm
« Reply #40 on: January 8, 2019, 11:23:24 pm »
Given the injuries we currently have in the centre of our defence, and the fact we’re down in Brighton, I think it’s only right Wijnaldum should start alongside VVD.

Liverpool's Georginio Wijnaldum: Centre-back role was difficult task

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 8, 2019, 11:37:16 pm »
It would be great to really give them a good going over.Every since the city win the whole of the media have been willing our downfall and making out that city are some plucky under dog instead of exposing them for the financial doping cheats they are .City players havnt stopped either and Pep came out with some smart arse comments about how he takes all cups seriously , well with a billion pound team you would fucking want to.If we put down a marker here all their shite talk will dry up.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42 on: January 8, 2019, 11:43:10 pm »
Just win. I don't care how pretty it looks.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 8, 2019, 11:55:03 pm »
This is the Prize every one of us wants this season especially the players , they will know city was only decided on fine margins , carry on our form an not many can compete with us . We will get chances to score .

Offline carraggeriise

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 8, 2019, 11:55:27 pm »
Treat every prem game like it’s city

Starting with these
Instant Karmas gonna get you

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 8, 2019, 11:59:35 pm »

Starting with these
Good thing is that with our schedule (atleast for the next few), we can actually afford to. Klopp will have the team at full intensity.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 9, 2019, 12:05:54 am »
Team largely picks itself. My only doubt would be between Shaqiri and Keita. Shaq obviously offers more at the minute, but we need Keita to find rhythm, confidence and form, and for that he'll need a run in the starting 11. Playing with a solid, reliable midfield duo behind him and having the  front three around him could boost his confidence and push him to trying and impose himself in the game.
That's the main question, I think. I don't think Shaqiri's contribution makes him undroppable; he's also well suited to an impact role from the bench, and the upside of a flying Keita must be worth facilitating sooner or later. He's not going to get any more confident on the bench, or it seems playing from the left.

I'd like to see -

Mane     Firmino     Salah

Gini         Keita
Henderson

Robertson                       Arnold
Van Dijk     Fabinho

Alisson

But whatever the manager wants, we should be able to beat Brighton and put some pressure back on City.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #47 on: January 9, 2019, 12:49:10 am »
Brighton v Liverpool

Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Simon Long, Richard West
Fourth official: Roger East
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #48 on: January 9, 2019, 01:12:09 am »
The main thing here is to get back to winning ways. I know we had some kids playing against Wolves but the seniors didn’t cover themselves in glory there. It was very disappointing.

Brighton will give us a hard game, no doubt about that but if we play to our level we should win. What helps us is that they probably won’t sit back since they’re at home and they’ll look at our last 2 results and feel as if they can nick something from the game. That always plays to our advantage.

Just 3 games in January. Absolutely no excuses if we want to maintain our advantage.
YWNA

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #49 on: January 9, 2019, 01:28:26 am »
Yes, I was looking forward to this thread. The game itself can't come soon enough. We have to do our job and win, which will put us 7 points clear and ask a question of City who play Monday against a very decent Wolves team.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 9, 2019, 05:40:22 am »
Yes, I was looking forward to this thread. The game itself can't come soon enough. We have to do our job and win, which will put us 7 points clear and ask a question of City who play Monday against a very decent Wolves team.

we did them a favour in the FA cup......so hope wolves do us proud on monday.

Would be awesome to see Guardy talk incoherently in his post game press  conference after dropping points to wolves.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 9, 2019, 05:58:35 am »
Great OP

I feel like the OP team likely what fields however would like to see
Alisson
Trent-Fabinho-VVD-Roberton
Gini-Keita
Shaqiri-Firmino-Mane
Salah

Would give a penetration player in the deeper part of the MF. Also Gini can help keita thoughout the game with what what he still learning in the system. Wont complain to much if Henderson instead of Keita, would like to see keita get a run of games and Gini can help him playing with him

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #52 on: January 9, 2019, 07:35:51 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great OP thanks and interesting to hear about their fullbacks. They have been a side we usually have had success against and expect more of the same. Home match was tight and they looked organised. Was my first trip to Anfield this season and apart from Salah goal it was a pretty even game with Alison flick the entertainment highlight but a worry in itself. Keep hearing Gomez is training and so think we may see him back. If we go with him on the bench it is a tough call between Gini and Fab at CB. Shaquiri among the front three with six defensive behind them sounds right.
Need to win and set up two home matches against Palace and Leicester and put more pressure on City and Spurs.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 9, 2019, 07:38:33 am »

Starting with these

Fuck that, be arsed seeing milner Gini and hendo in midfield again.  ;)
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 9, 2019, 09:49:38 am »
Doubt Keita will start in central midfield, as many posters suggest, if we play just two in there. And I don't think we'll play 3 central midfielders, with Fabinho needed in the back four, and Klopp usually prefering to play Salah central this season. So a two with Henderson and Wijnaldum is what I expect, with Shaqiri, Firmino and Mane behind Salah.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 9, 2019, 09:58:35 am »
I'm not being funny but are you ever hopeful about anything?

Isn’t “Cheesehead” a derogatory term for Dutch people?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 9, 2019, 10:14:53 am »
Critical to win this and regain momentum, we have a chance to restore the lead to 7 points before City play on monday. Would be nice to remove all doubt Again with a good win.

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 9, 2019, 10:28:45 am »
I think we will win, but this might be trickier than some are thinking.

In 2017/18 we scored 4 and 5 past Brighton (4-0, 1-5). This season so far though, their home record has been pretty impressive.

P10 W5 D3 L2
Goals 15:11

This is really not that many conceded, comparable to City and Arsenal (both have let in 10 at home). However, Brighton have not kept a clean sheet since October (5 matches)
Brighton's two home defeats came to Chelsea (1-2) and Spurs (1-2), whilst they have also drawn at home with Arsenal (1-1).

All in all, I think we should be ready for a relatively tough match rather be expecting to hand out a spanking.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 9, 2019, 10:48:19 am »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #59 on: January 9, 2019, 10:50:50 am »
Isn’t “Cheesehead” a derogatory term for Dutch people?

You don’t see it much at all, very odd ‘word’

This guy was the last person to say it on RAWK....

I was only saying my first comment in jest really.

I also think the Cheesehead thing is cringeworthy, tho I think most nfl support is cringeworthy.

I haven’t got much time for McCarthy as he has obviously underachieved with Rodgers.

I’ll support them regardless of who’s in charge tho as I have lived in Wisconsin and family still there, the whole state is crazy for them.

Ps calm down skeeve  ::)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 9, 2019, 11:05:27 am »
Had Lovren not got injured I would have been keen on Keita starting, but with Fabinho probably needing time to bed in as a CB, I would prefer a more established midfield. Just...less uncertainty...I think.

Keita to come on around 75 minutes would be ideal, I think.
YNWA.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 9, 2019, 11:09:10 am »
You don’t see it much at all, very odd ‘word’

This guy was the last person to say it on RAWK....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha - fucking hell.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #62 on: January 9, 2019, 11:20:16 am »
It'll be Henderson and Gini as the two in midfield for this one if Fabinho is covering at centre half.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #63 on: January 9, 2019, 11:29:44 am »
OK back to actual, real footy!

Hopefully the little rest we got will have an impact on this game.

Going to be tricky, but hoping we can bring back the 3 points.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 9, 2019, 11:38:49 am »
Last time we twatted them 1-0. Hope this time we're more clinical.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 9, 2019, 11:39:07 am »
Last season we saw this line-up at the Amex and we still won 5-1

migs
Trent
Gini
Lovren
Emre
Robbo
Milner
Hendo
Coutinho
Bobby
Mo

Didn't Klopp say last week it's possible Matip will be back for Brighton depending on how he copes with contact training? He's already back doing the fitness side of things so match sharpness won't be too much of a problem. In any case, Fab can come in and do well. He's good in the air and has VVD next to him so between them they can manage if Matip is not quite ready.

Hope Klopp drills it in to them to play with anger and intensity, do that and I strongly fancy us.

“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 9, 2019, 12:02:47 pm »
Won't be easy and we need to get the momentum going again.

Suspect with the injuries it will be 4 2 3 1.

Alisson

Trent, Fab, VVD, Robertsonio

Henderson, Gini

Cube, Firmino, Mane

Salah

Brighton are unpredictable and gave Arsenal a hard game. This will not be a pushover and we won't batter them at home.

Might be like the Burnley game so I'll go for a 2 - 0 with Mane and the Cube scoring.... and no more injuries please!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 9, 2019, 12:06:28 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Great OP thanks and interesting to hear about their fullbacks. They have been a side we usually have had success against and expect more of the same. Home match was tight and they looked organised. Was my first trip to Anfield this season and apart from Salah goal it was a pretty even game with Alison flick the entertainment highlight but a worry in itself. Keep hearing Gomez is training and so think we may see him back. If we go with him on the bench it is a tough call between Gini and Fab at CB. Shaquiri among the front three with six defensive behind them sounds right.
Need to win and set up two home matches against Palace and Leicester and put more pressure on City and Spurs.

This is line-up I'd be going with. Think Shaqiri has earned the right to be starting ahead of Keita.

Unless I've missed something I reckon there's an outside chance that Lovren will be fit though, so that may change things in the middle if Fab isn't at CB.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #68 on: January 9, 2019, 12:13:43 pm »
Team picks itself for this one if Lovren and Matip aren't available to start.

Alisson

Trent Fabinho VVD Robertson

Hendo Gini

Shaqiri Firmino Mane

Salah

If Lovren is back then I'd probably stick Fabinho into midfield for Shaqiri (who hasn't been at his best the last few games) and tighten the midfield up.

Either way, I think they will look to target our right-hand side with Locadia staying high and wide. He's got a bit of pace and goal threat about him but overall I see a 1-3 victory to the Reds.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #69 on: January 9, 2019, 12:18:51 pm »
Any kind of win will do. Get the three pints and stop any outside noise of loss for form etc. Really big game for us (as they all are now I suppose!).

Have no reason to doubt these players, they’ve done wonders so far. Fabinho alongside Virgil should be ok for this one.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #70 on: January 9, 2019, 12:22:57 pm »
Sounds like Lovren is definitely out so I guess its VVD and Fabinho, he looked good against Wolves, so no problem there.
I guess that shapes the midfield a little too. But again depends on Henderson's fitness. If he is fit I expect him and Gini with Shaq and Mane wide.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 9, 2019, 01:47:17 pm »
With Wijnaldum's overall form & increasing influence of Fabinho, our lack of fullbacks, and his generally sub-par performances in midfield recently, I would like to see Milner strictly kept as our fullback cover from now on (for either side - I never want to see Moreno again). I also think its time we finally stick with 4-2-3-1 unless circumstances drastically dictate otherwise.

Alisson

TAA  Fabinho   VVD   Robertson

Henderson  Wijnaldum

Shaqiri    Firmino    Mane

Salah

I like this team/formation because it leaves us with good options on the bench or for injury (Fabinho in the MF 2, Keita/Lallana/Sturridge for the advanced 3, Origi for Salah).

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #72 on: January 9, 2019, 02:10:43 pm »
Brighton are decent at home, but with their first choice Matt Ryan missing, we have an advantage. Losing two in a row sucks however this is the perfect game to get back to winning ways. 1-0 or a thrashing, 3 points please!
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #73 on: January 9, 2019, 02:13:40 pm »
Saw who's reffing the game and immediately thought "we'll need a two goal cushion to be safe" :P
1-0 or 5-4... don't really care, as long as we win it :)

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 9, 2019, 02:48:24 pm »
A win opens up a gap again and puts pressure on City and Spurs. Last year we beat Brighton with Can playing in defence. I have no doubt Fabinho will do a fab job there. Also I think their missing goalie weakens them significantly. Would be good to get back to winning ways with 2 highly winnable home games to follow. Let’s have another long winning run.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #75 on: January 9, 2019, 02:48:35 pm »
Excited to see us continue with 4231 formation; our results using it this season have been almost flawless but what's also very important is that performances in these games were also very good and improving all the time.

Expect us to continue with the kind of performances we saw recently vs Newcastle and Arsenal and play in an angry manner after two consecutive defeats. Somebody has to pay for that and hopefully it'll be Brighton which would potentially set-us up nicely for another long undefeated run in the league.

Getting back to winning ways at this juncture could really have a profound positive impact on our run-in.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #76 on: January 9, 2019, 02:55:39 pm »
Saw who's reffing the game and immediately thought "we'll need a two goal cushion to be safe" :P
1-0 or 5-4... don't really care, as long as we win it :)

Who is the ref?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #78 on: January 9, 2019, 03:10:20 pm »
Kevin Friend

Typical referee - no one has any idea how he hasn't been dumped for being shite.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 9, 2019, 03:33:53 pm »
If we can score early, within the first 20 minutes or so, would make our jobs a lot easier. The front three should be relentless.