Author Topic: No negativity please, just praise  (Read 5900 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: No negativity please, just praise
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2022, 10:09:25 am »
Some weird kind of jealousy where they think us winning two trophies is a victory for them 😂. Get the fireworks out.
Lol.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2022, 10:11:15 am »
So sad for the players, the manager and his staff. They deserved much more than this. I'm unbelievably proud of them though.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2022, 10:12:18 am »
Some weird kind of jealousy where they think us winning two trophies is a victory for them 😂. Get the fireworks out.

Exactly, they consider it a good season when our trophy count is only two. Mind the fucking gap.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2022, 10:15:11 am »
Not only did we go close to all four, but we literally took it to the last minute in every competition. I’m confident to say that’s not been done before.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2022, 10:17:44 am »
All these Manc fans getting so cocky.

Yes we only won 2 cups on pens.

But the enjoyment of being in finals, semi finals, last game chance for the league, the build up to the UCL final etc…

This is what’s it’s all about. You will some and lose some.

But it’s being in the latter part of the these competitions…..

If I was you I'd swerve social media for the foreseeable future. It's what I'm going to do. Otherwise, you'll only find yourself getting wound up and perhaps even arguing with idiots whose teams never come within a sniff of winning anything. Save your energy for celebrating the team you support mate.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2022, 10:20:46 am »
Gutted for the players and staff. They've given their all, I don't think we were at our best last night and perhaps that goes to show why quadruples are so difficult. A well deserved break for them now.

The last week will leave a bad taste after an amazing season, but this season we've gained 2 cups, an extra 2 years of Klopp, showed that we're still capable of 90+ point seasons and made another CL final. Everton fans partied in the streets because they didn't get relegated, and last night seemed to be the highlight of Gary Neville's season. So things could be worse.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2022, 10:24:58 am »
If I was you I'd swerve social media for the foreseeable future. It's what I'm going to do. Otherwise, you'll only find yourself getting wound up and perhaps even arguing with idiots whose teams never come within a sniff of winning anything. Save your energy for celebrating the team you support mate.
Personally, I didn't swerve it. It just shows how far we've come and how far they've fallen. LOVE IT!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2022, 10:31:03 am »
Personally, I didn't swerve it. It just shows how far we've come and how far they've fallen. LOVE IT!

If the stuff they tweet/post doesn't affect you, fair play I suppose. Personally though, I can't be arsed with reading all that 'Liverpool bad' shit on twitter. It takes up far too much of my time and energy. It'll be even worse on there today, what with us losing last night and all the faux outrage of us having a parade on the anniversary of Heysel. I'd much rather spend my time praising our team that deserves to be praised.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2022, 10:35:34 am »
If the stuff they tweet/post doesn't affect you, fair play I suppose. Personally though, I can't be arsed with reading all that 'Liverpool bad' shit on twitter. It takes up far too much of my time and energy. It'll be even worse on there today, what with us losing last night and all the faux outrage of us having a parade on the anniversary of Heysel. I'd much rather spend my time praising our team that deserves to be praised.
It's just thinly-veiled envy mate.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2022, 10:38:51 am »
It's just thinly-veiled envy mate.

I know what it is mate. Personally would much rather read positive stuff about my team and the manager for the foreseeable future though. If it doesn't bother you seeing the stuff they post/tweet, then fair enough.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2022, 10:40:30 am »
I know what it is mate. Personally would much rather read positive stuff about my team and the manager for the foreseeable future though. If it doesn't bother you seeing the stuff they post/tweet, then fair enough.

We're ace Sol. We're all disappointed right now but come August, we'll all be so excited about what the new season will bring :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2022, 10:40:42 am »
Nice one, Nicholas.

We longed for days like this in the not too distant past.

Last night was tough but I'm over it and ready for the parade.

A brilliant season and I won't have anyone tell me any different.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2022, 10:42:00 am »
We won 2 of the four cup trophies. Got to the final of the other and got over 90 points in the league. That is a good season. I do think that winning the league or CL together with the domestic cups would have made it a historic season but we only missed out by the smallest of margins.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2022, 10:46:50 am »
We're ace Sol. We're all disappointed right now but come August, we'll all be so excited about what the new season will bring :)

Oh, I know lad. It's all still a bit raw for everyone at the moment. Hopefully, we can bring in some exciting signings in the summer which will help lift everyone a bit. :)

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2022, 11:02:08 am »
We as a fan base are so lucky to have this manager and team. We need to celebrate them as in football anything can happen meaning we might not be in this position again. This team deserves the world and have a amazing season winning two domestic cups and playing all games you can play in a season. The media narrative will be that they did not win one of the big cups, however this gives them added motivation next season knowing how close we came within 10 mins of the league title for example.

Trust in klopp to sort us out and make us even better next season. Enjoy the parade and this team while we have it. YNWA. Our biggest signing is Klopp staying on. More important times are coming.     

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2022, 11:12:14 am »
We won 2 of the four cup trophies. Got to the final of the other and got over 90 points in the league. That is a good season. I do think that winning the league or CL together with the domestic cups would have made it a historic season but we only missed out by the smallest of margins.

The enjoyment is being involved, the build ups etc.  we are always going to win some and lose some, it’s part of life

But to be in these situations is what it’s all about…I loved the last 2 months.

Yes I’m disappointed about last night as for the first time in a final, we dominated the game. Yes possession was equal, but we’re playing in their half for our possession, they were playing mainly in their half for theirs.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2022, 11:34:10 am »
So proud of the club. We’re so lucky to have the manager, players and fans. In a time of real turmoil, I’ve never seen firsthand so many people stand together as I did last night. YNWA reds

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2022, 11:41:05 am »

We played every game possible. If it had went to extra time last night then literally every minute possible. It's a crazy achievement. It was 'nearly' for 2 of those competitions, hard earned WINNERS in the other 2. Me going nuts for the winnning pens in those 2 finals firmly still in my memories. We are very lucky to support such a team.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2022, 12:16:06 pm »
This time just over a year ago it was looking really grim. I feared the worse and thought regardless of finishing in the Champions League or not that this team would probably be broken apart and we'd struggle to get back to our previous levels in the coming years. Thankfully this season has been a brilliant one and a lovely return after the soul-destroying behind closed doors football. My expectations where to see us improve on last season even if it meant winning nothing again, and in all four competitions we've massively improved on our last performances, winning two and going to the death in the others. Next season we could win the League or the European Cup and it might not be anywhere near as fun as this one has been  ;D

Anyway, time to refresh ourselves now and take it easy. I don't think Klopp and these players fear losing. The game is nothing without jeopardy and you simply have to be aware of the fact that you won't just lose some, you'll lose most of them - Certainly if silverware is the name of the game. Next season will be an interesting one as ever, they all are under this manager. While I am looking forward to it I'm going in with my expectations of the whole thing a bit curved, I think mainly due to the World Cup taking place in the middle of the season. I dread to think it derails our season or something. I know there's more important issues going on with the tournament being played in Qatar but that's just from a football context. So yeah, I worry about that but I think we've played great football this season and hopefully the squad can be further improved in the summer, somehow, because this has been the best team we might have ever seen at Liverpool.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2022, 12:28:24 pm »
Ahhhh. I’m loving it today. All I want to do is watch my team play. It gives me the best joy in the world. All these trophies are a blessing, but win or lose, you just look forward to the next game. I feel a massive sense of thanks and appreciation to all at LFC we are lucky in a way but at the same time we built it, we did this together, Enjoy all, loves yers me olives.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 01:01:17 pm by red1977 »

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2022, 12:28:41 pm »
Surely it's going to be a massive summer regarding contracts / transfers.  Is that us now with mane, salah, Bobby and naby all in their final year ?
Milner coming near an end
Origi gone
Hendo getting that way.
What a season it's been , played every game possible and so proud of the effort of everyone involved
They definitely need a decent holiday, the travelling must have been a nightmare
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:30:54 pm by CS111 »

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2022, 12:32:08 pm »
Surely it's going to be a massive summer regarding contracts / transfers.  Is that us now with mane, salah, Bobby and naby all in their final year ?
Milner coming near an end
Origi gone
Hendo getting that way.
What a season it's been , played every game possible and so proud of the effort of everyone involved
They definitely need a decent holiday, the travelling must have been a nightmare

All.that travelling I'd probably wanna stay at home for a bit lol
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2022, 12:32:19 pm »
4 competitions. Winners of 2, runners up in 2.

A herculean effort by the team, the management, and all involved at LFC.

I hope the streets are packed for the parade today. They deserve a heroes welcome, and much more!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2022, 12:32:55 pm »
I love this club

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2022, 12:36:33 pm »
We should never forget the wonderful season we've had!

The team have been superb this year, 69 games played!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2022, 12:40:20 pm »
Proud of my team, and proud of my club.

I will welcome them home today. They will be devastated and probably not much in a celebratory mood, but they will put themselves out there for us and the least we can do is show our love and appreciation back for a great season. A cup double is nothing to be sneezed at, despite what all the detractors say.

Finishing second in the league and runner up in a CL final probably still bags us more prize money than winning the league and going out in the CL semi. That might be irrelevant for a state backed club but our money has been honestly earned by the guts and quality of our team.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2022, 12:46:39 pm »
The enjoyment is being involved, the build ups etc.  we are always going to win some and lose some, it’s part of life

But to be in these situations is what it’s all about…I loved the last 2 months.

Exactly right. Anyone who hasn't realised that football, especially at the top level, can turn on a blade of grass might have to consider whether the game is for them or not. Both the trophies we won, we could have lost if things had been minutely different on the day; both the trophies we lost out on we could have won with a equally minute swing on the day - on the day, mind: we took each trophy to the final day, and the final minutes. That's incredibe from us.

What has come out for us once the heat and dust of battle cleared is for the history books and lists; what we experienced and went through and enjoyed till the last minute of the season, however, is for us to keep in our hearts and remember for ever, and no one can ever take that away.

Boss season.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2022, 03:22:41 pm »
If winning 2 cups feels disappointing for some people it’s probably because we won the first 2 while the ones we wanted to add to that slipped from our grasp … it’s a disappointing end to a fabulous season , but that’s all it is .. just the end bit. Wonder if Chelsea fans are laughing at us only winning 2 domestic cups ?     

I’m  immensely proud to be a Liverpool supporter right now because we play trophy winning football without being financially doped .. the downside of that is knowing that the financially doped sides will win things too sometimes at our expense .. but we should celebrate this
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2022, 03:30:46 pm »
2 goals away from greatness.

Like I said to all the bellends messaging me, we'll more than likely be in the final again next year and challenging for the league. It doesn't sting as much when that is the case.

What a season. Ended in disappointment, especially since we deserved at least one of the big two, but what can ya do. We will win more trophies next season, and the one after that.

What a time to be a Red.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2022, 04:07:18 pm »
when winning 2 cups feel like a failure

thats the mentality of the team and fans now.

unbelievably draining season.

This is just the beginning. and hopefully next season will be more cheers

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2022, 04:15:53 pm »
Liverpool Football Club

The only thing that keeps me watching football

Four more years of Jurgen...the main reason that holds true

Football without LFC is nothing

Up the reds!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2022, 04:27:56 pm »
We have witnessed a golden era, looks like we are gonna have to reload & keep it going.

It’s a pity that some clubs have had to cheat to keep up with us, but I’m just enjoying the quality of the football & the human beings we have in the squad & management.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2022, 06:13:47 pm »
Fantastic team who deserved more than they got and  our wonderful manager has extended his stay.  There seems a great connection between and and the team. Its palpable on match days.

:scarf

We will win one pf the big ones next year.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2022, 06:15:49 pm »
This might be a thin thread :D

I’m sure we’ll get the usual suspects saying ‘see? This is why we shouldn’t have arranged a parade’ over the next 24 hours.
It’s just a phenomenal team, they deserve so much praise. It all probably caught up with us in the last few weeks, injuries to key players just when we didn’t need it.

I guess you skimmed past the words "praise only"
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2022, 06:33:57 pm »
So proud of this team and manager, so many memorable moments this season and looking forward to the next  :scarf

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2022, 01:32:43 am »
Thanks boys

:champ :champ

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2022, 06:45:45 am »
So fucking glad Jürgen is a Red
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2022, 03:59:17 pm »
Last thing from me for a while, I'm writing another Ken Dodd tribute book, so need to crack on with that, from County Road, have a great Summer!

We Go Again!
29/5/2022

No Hendo shuffle...no Number 7 to show.
But two Domestic Cups, softens the blow!
Last nights game, just wasn't meant to be.
But still a brilliant Season, you must agree!
It was no mean feat taking City to the wire.
We never gave up, we never lost the desire.
Every game possible, this season we played.
So by now the magic was bound to fade.
Last night the team looked out on their feet.
One hurdle too far, our journey complete.
Be 'prepared to lose big' is what Klopp said.
We should take that on board ...every Red!
We go again next Season, this brilliant side.
And no doubt in store, another incredible ride!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2022, 04:42:47 pm »
A great season, ending slightly on a downer and a feeling we ran out of steam mentally and a little bit physically but lets be honest we're the first team ever to give the quadruple a PROPER go and this will put us in good stead next season.  Jurgen has re-signed, looks like we might freshen the squad up a bit with a couple going and a couple in, Carvalho looks a wonderful talent, so many reason to look forward to the new season  ;D

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2022, 06:11:52 pm »
not a very good ending to a beautiful season, but that doesn't mean I'm not proud of the team and the staff. What a beautiful group of people, I'm glad they're all representing our colors.

I hope they all feel the love and admiration they deserve - because I have nothing *but* love and admiration towards them.

Sadly, I think I'm ready to fuck off football for a while, at least until the season starts, so I guess I'll be taking a break from RAWK too. I just can't deal with all the shit after Paris so... yeah, it's gonna be some necessary break from football and its surrounding "banter".

YNWA