Author Topic: Wasps  (Read 78904 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Wasps
« Reply #600 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:21 pm »
Chop it off a la Saw movie style

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2019, 01:44:24 pm »
So sat in the office and hear a loud buzzing sound.  ask my work colleague if there's a wasp in the office.  She thought it was someone mowing the lawn outside (and it wasn't her vibrator before someone kicks in with this).  2 minutes later this c*nt comes at me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #602 on: October 17, 2019, 01:53:27 pm »
Thanks for confirming what a wasp looks like.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #603 on: October 17, 2019, 02:00:50 pm »
Thanks for confirming what a wasp looks like.

This was a biggy, thought it might have been a hornet at first

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #604 on: October 17, 2019, 02:42:50 pm »
So sat in the office and hear a loud buzzing sound.  ask my work colleague if there's a wasp in the office.  She thought it was someone mowing the lawn outside (and it wasn't her vibrator before someone kicks in with this).  2 minutes later this c*nt comes at me.

He's quite the helicopter gunship, isn't he.  :o

I was painting the window frame the other day and there was a monster wasp like that on the window. Thankfully he was on the outside.

I can't stand wasps because they can be narky bastards and sting you just for the fun of it, but I hate killing them and don't unless I really have to. On holiday recently I was in the sea and there was a massive wasp drowning on the surface. I actually rescued it and got away without being stung, but it probably flew off and stung someone else instead.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
« Reply #605 on: October 30, 2019, 11:43:28 pm »
An old fella, a bit worse for wear due to inebriation, came into my local shop as I gave my money to the shop keeper and said, "Hey, mate! I want to buy a wathp!"

Shopkeeper, "A wathp?".

Old fella, "Sorry, a wasp!".

Shopkeeper, "We don't sell wasps!".

Old fella, "No! I only want one wasp.".

Shopkeeper, "We don't sell wasps individually or collectively!".

Old fella, "Why not? You've got one in your window!"...

;D

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2020, 02:35:01 pm »
My father is visiting me and the weather is nice so he asked me if we could spend some time in the garden. (He’s ill with Parkinsons). We sat down and I opened up a beer for him, and within one minute..1..a fucking wasp was practicing finishing moves in our vicinity. Hate them with a passion.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #607 on: June 28, 2020, 09:37:07 am »
So had a wasps nest removed from the garden on Thursday,Fire Brigade provides a service for €25.

Then on my cycle to work on Friday morning I get stung and now my foot is like a balloon.

Karma is a bitch...

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #608 on: October 12, 2020, 10:18:45 pm »
Had been working out of town so had my car parked and idle for 6 months. Come back and there is a nest in the trunk.  I don't know what to do now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #609 on: October 12, 2020, 10:28:43 pm »
You can normally just get fire lighters with some scrap wood for a good fire, but if it’s been there six months it might be more sensible to try and create some sort of fireball with a load of gas canisters or even invest in a hand grenade from the black market
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #610 on: October 12, 2020, 10:48:37 pm »
Had been working out of town so had my car parked and idle for 6 months. Come back and there is a nest in the trunk.  I don't know what to do now.
Bonjela usually helps.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: October 12, 2020, 11:00:36 pm »

I do.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: October 12, 2020, 11:09:06 pm »
I do.

I am thinking off starting by using some sort of pesticide spray. Attack them at night in full head to toe covering. Will do it for a few nights to finish them, then I will break the nest with a stick I will burn it.

Don't want to burn my car, but if plan A doesn't work then sacrifices will have to be made.

Insane part is that I drove for an hour yesterday without realizing the nest was there.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #613 on: October 13, 2020, 10:21:26 am »
There's a nest in a wall that I walk past every day.  They seem to be getting more sluggish but more cuntish when I walk past.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: October 13, 2020, 10:25:53 am »
I am thinking off starting by using some sort of pesticide spray. Attack them at night in full head to toe covering. Will do it for a few nights to finish them, then I will break the nest with a stick I will burn it.

Don't want to burn my car, but if plan A doesn't work then sacrifices will have to be made.

Insane part is that I drove for an hour yesterday without realizing the nest was there.

Do you need the car much at the minute? The wasps will all die soon due to lack of food so it'll be safe to remove the nest then.

If you do need the car, attack it at night with loads of insecticide spray. I wouldn't smash it open though, I'd just try and get it in a box or something and then seal the box
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: October 13, 2020, 10:32:50 am »
Do you need the car much at the minute? The wasps will all die soon due to lack of food so it'll be safe to remove the nest then.

If you do need the car, attack it at night with loads of insecticide spray. I wouldn't smash it open though, I'd just try and get it in a box or something and then seal the box
I took one out of our loft a few years back in October. Just picked it up and bunged it in a bin bag, there was no sign of life at all and no wasps around the loft.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2020, 10:37:18 am »
Do nearly all wasps die out in winter then? Obviously some must survive to keep going.

I remember going to my in laws in Ireland once Christmas and there were hundreds of dead wasps all over the place. Do they come inside to die, or are they looking for food/warmth.

This is where Gulley would give us a conclusive update on their life cycle. :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: October 13, 2020, 10:40:37 am »
I took one out of our loft a few years back in October. Just picked it up and bunged it in a bin bag, there was no sign of life at all and no wasps around the loft.

His profile says he is in Canada, so no idea if he's in the "fuck me its freezing already today" part or if it is still warm enough for the little bastards to find food.

Had one bouncing against the bathroom window while I was sat on the bog this morning, luckily he'd found his way out before I needed to get in the shower.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2020, 11:10:00 am »
Do nearly all wasps die out in winter then? Obviously some must survive to keep going.

I remember going to my in laws in Ireland once Christmas and there were hundreds of dead wasps all over the place. Do they come inside to die, or are they looking for food/warmth.

I think it's only the queens that survive,they hibernate in places like chimneys and loft spaces over the winter.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: October 13, 2020, 12:43:02 pm »

The pregnant queens hibernate, everyone else dies (fucking royalty). Plenty of Queens will die during winter too, they either starve or get eaten, but enough survive to keep the species going.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2020, 04:16:48 pm »
His profile says he is in Canada, so no idea if he's in the "fuck me its freezing already today" part or if it is still warm enough for the little bastards to find food.

Had one bouncing against the bathroom window while I was sat on the bog this morning, luckily he'd found his way out before I needed to get in the shower.

Sadly its not cold enough here yet and I need the car too. The public transportation is bad and I don't wanna use it during covid and I live on top of a mountain so every walk is intense hike.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: October 13, 2020, 04:30:32 pm »
Burn the car. It’s the only way.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2020, 05:45:22 pm »
Ship the car to Belgium where the fire brigade will get rid of wasps for €25  :D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2020, 09:38:57 am »

Terrifying! But it goes to show how unpredictable they can be.

I saw a guy on YouTube euthanize an unruly bee hive by taping it up and pouring soapy water through it. Apparently the soap messes up their outer layer somehow.

I know you can't really seal a wild hive but I'm guessing you wont be the first to face a problem like this.  Maybe with it contained in the boot you could lob some kind of gas bomb in there? Would probably stink out the whole car though!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: October 15, 2020, 07:31:43 pm »

is it a Bee MW?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: October 16, 2020, 01:14:42 am »
Last night had a shot of whiskey to give me courage. Then went out there in the middle of the night wearing safety glasses, hoodie, face mask, gloves and pants tucked in my socks. Sprayed the nest with some insecticide. Saw about 10 wasps drop. Left the nest alone and will remove the nest tomorrow.

:champ

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: October 16, 2020, 01:25:00 am »
Last night had a shot of whiskey to give me courage. Then went out there in the middle of the night wearing safety glasses, hoodie, face mask, gloves and pants tucked in my socks. Sprayed the nest with some insecticide. Saw about 10 wasps drop. Left the nest alone and will remove the nest tomorrow.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #627 on: October 16, 2020, 08:23:30 am »

so basically what you wear before sex

:wave

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #628 on: October 25, 2020, 12:46:31 pm »

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: April 22, 2021, 11:32:37 am »
It was warm around here a couple of days ago and saw my first wasp of the year. Hope you all are prepared for this year’s battle. Let’s stay focused and not give these fuckers an inch.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2021, 10:21:18 am »
^ It's a tough one.
I think proper wasp fighting season should only start once they've all been made redundant and start to go a bit rogue, which is usually August time (thanks Gully  - you educated many of us on the lifecycle of the wasp).

As long as you haven't got a nest somewhere that you need to use, let them do their work, then in August all bets are off.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2021, 03:24:32 pm »
I will refrain from any violence until August. I’m not happy about this but respect on the battlefield is important.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:52:32 pm by dalarr »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2021, 09:28:11 pm »
I saw my first wasp of the year last Monday. Just sat there on our balcony minding his own business, so I left him alone.

Ho looked rather sluggish. Almost as though he'd been asleep all winter.  :)

My stance on wasps these days is to only resort to violence as a last resort. Mind you, the one who stung me in Sefton Park two summers ago didn't afford me the same courtesy. I didn't even know it was sat on my chest until its unprovoked attack.

All bets are off come the end of summer though. Once they all get pissed on fermenting fruit and kick off all over the place.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 02:40:48 pm by Son of Spion* »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #634 on: April 24, 2021, 02:04:51 pm »
Wasps kill greenfly

As a grower of chilli plants, this is OK with me

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2021, 04:03:16 pm »
I will refrain from any violence until August. I’m not happy about this but respect on the battlefield is important.

That’s like watching your enemy build a nuclear missile factory on your border, and then saying “If they start firing missiles at us then yeah we’ll fight them”

These fuckers are in full on preparation for an all out attack. The time to fight is now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2021, 04:20:42 pm »
That’s like watching your enemy build a nuclear missile factory on your border, and then saying “If they start firing missiles at us then yeah we’ll fight them”

These fuckers are in full on preparation for an all out attack. The time to fight is now.

Flurry of tactical fouls to prevent the late summer breakaways...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2021, 09:24:32 pm »
Just look at this monstrosity;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54681723

There's a doc on Murder Hornets on Discovery plus about this exact thing. Me and the youngest watched it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2021, 03:22:28 pm »

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #639 on: April 30, 2021, 10:54:59 am »
They are voracious predators of pest insects

Not exactly best buddy insects themselves to be fair.