Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603706 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5240 on: July 2, 2018, 09:43:38 pm »
He wasn't going to make the finals last year but hey ;)

Who said that? You bring that up as if I was the one saying that. Anyone who believed that was a fool, wishful thinking on their part.

In the east, Bron can carry bums to the finals.

In the West, it's a different beast. If you think that he's getting past Golden State and Houston to get to the finals with the current team he has, than I'd suggest going to the eye doctor.

With all due respect.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5241 on: July 2, 2018, 10:09:07 pm »
Most of the media specially after the swapped half the team.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5242 on: July 2, 2018, 10:36:10 pm »
Who said that? You bring that up as if I was the one saying that. Anyone who believed that was a fool, wishful thinking on their part.

In the West, it's a different beast. If you think that he's getting past Golden State and Houston to get to the finals with the current team he has, than I'd suggest going to the eye doctor.

With all due respect.

Firstly, chill. We don't even know the squad he'll have.
Secondly, bar the Warriors and Houston, even with the Lakers current squad I still think he can advance.
The Spurs without Leonard are pushing for 7th at the highest. Utah, New Orleans and OKC, aren't beating a Lebron team.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5243 on: July 2, 2018, 10:46:11 pm »
Breaking: Rajon Rondo is signing a one-year deal with Lakers, a source tells @wojespn.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5244 on: July 2, 2018, 11:05:49 pm »
Reannounce Randel too.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5245 on: July 2, 2018, 11:32:47 pm »
The Lakers are doing a great job of scuffing up the Lebron shine. The fuck are they doing with these signings?

Rushing to sign some really average players....and none of them can shoot. So their time with LBJ on the court will be for nothing.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5246 on: July 3, 2018, 12:16:52 am »
Randle signs with the pelicans

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5247 on: July 3, 2018, 12:19:09 am »
Secondly, bar the Warriors and Houston, even with the Lakers current squad I still think he can advance.
The Spurs without Leonard are pushing for 7th at the highest. Utah, New Orleans and OKC, aren't beating a Lebron team.

i dont need to chill I am already chilled and I specifically said WITH THIS CURRENT TEAM AS IS. Hes not beating Houston or Golden State. So what is your point? He is not getting to the finals with this roster of players bar any injuries to key Golden State or Houston players.

The Spurs can finish higher than 7th without Leonard, they certainly would had done so this past season it not been for the injuries to Lamarcus and Rudy, as it was only a two or three game difference between 8th and 4th.

Offline Zack

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #5248 on: July 3, 2018, 01:00:59 am »

Lebron will not make the finals unless LA sign Boggie and Kawhi. A Lebron lead team with a second allstar in Klove almost lost to a injury ravaged Boston that did not have their two best players. If you take the teams as is the Cleveland team was better then the current Lakers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5249 on: July 3, 2018, 01:48:05 am »
Well they aint getting Boogie, he just signed with the Warriors, 1 year deal, 5 million dollars.

The Avengers of the NBA.

Granted Boogie will be out until January but christ on a bike look at that line up

Boogie,Green,Thompson,Durant,Curry.

Fucks sake
« Last Edit: July 3, 2018, 01:50:47 am by deFacto »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5250 on: July 3, 2018, 02:00:30 am »
They replaced Jevale McGee with Boogie, hahahahaha I can't stop laughing.

For five million.

Offline Zack

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #5251 on: July 3, 2018, 03:20:25 am »
Well they aint getting Boogie, he just signed with the Warriors, 1 year deal, 5 million dollars.

The Avengers of the NBA.

Granted Boogie will be out until January but christ on a bike look at that line up

Boogie,Green,Thompson,Durant,Curry.

Fucks sake

Fuck me they broke the NBA it is not even funny. They have arguably a top 5 player on every position now  :butt :butt :butt

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5252 on: July 3, 2018, 04:40:31 am »
Will be interesting to see how the Warriors go with Cousins; he's a hugely talented player but seemingly not a winner - the Pelicans were much better without him.

Even so, it's taking the piss that the Warriors can keep stockpiling All-NBA players like this.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5253 on: July 3, 2018, 04:48:04 am »
Signing Cousins to that contract is hilarious. How can you possibly cover their perimeter, when he is on the floor?
What a great move.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5254 on: July 3, 2018, 07:04:00 am »
Apart from obviously winning a ring, I reckon part of the reason he signed for GSW is that he doesn't have to rush his recovery, I think that's worth a few million on his contract.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5255 on: July 3, 2018, 07:18:33 am »
i dont need to chill I am already chilled and I specifically said WITH THIS CURRENT TEAM AS IS. Hes not beating Houston or Golden State. So what is your point? He is not getting to the finals with this roster of players bar any injuries to key Golden State or Houston players.

The Spurs can finish higher than 7th without Leonard, they certainly would had done so this past season it not been for the injuries to Lamarcus and Rudy, as it was only a two or three game difference between 8th and 4th.

That's not what you initially said, you stated he won't be going past OKC, Utah,Denver etc
He's carried scrubs from the east to the NBA finals. He's not getting through Houston,Golden State,OKC,Denver,San Antonio,Utah,New Orleans with ease.

This is not the east. There aren't any baby dino's, pointless Wizards,Atlanta Hawks, Pacers etc...

There's no discussion about the Spurs or Houston,  it was the other teams that you think a Lebron led Lakers, yes with this squad, couldn't beat.
Seriously,  Denver and New Orleans?

Apart from obviously winning a ring, I reckon part of the reason he signed for GSW is that he doesn't have to rush his recovery, I think that's worth a few million on his contract.

Yup, how it looks to me as well. Gets to be part of a winning team with aspirations to win a trophy, and can ease himself back into form without any pressure on him. It's actually a very smart move with very little risk, if any at all. He'll still get a max contract offer if he can prove he's 100% healthy.
To be honest, I thought he would have joined the Lakers for a similar deal alongside Leonard.

Unfortunately for him, he's not going to get a lot of touches or plays for him. But what the heck, it's a short term experience and if it gives him a title he won't have to have that lingering over him his whole life, like the likes of Ewing, Barkley, Malone, and Stockton.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2018, 07:25:24 am by Doc Red »
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5256 on: July 3, 2018, 07:54:46 am »
I mean wow, wow seriously, we replaced McGee with Cousins?

Obviously he will miss half ofthe season but I doubt any Warriors officials care about that. We won't be after taking 1st seed, we might as well take it anyways given that Rockets got worse.

How the hell Lakers didn't sign him?

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5257 on: July 3, 2018, 08:16:06 am »

Obviously he will miss half ofthe season but I doubt any Warriors officials care about that. We won't be after taking 1st seed, we might as well take it anyways given that Rockets got worse.

If they weren't offering him a max deal, why would he go there rather than the Warriors?
Amazing, the fact that he was injured turned out to be a massive boon for Golden State.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5258 on: July 3, 2018, 09:03:29 am »
If they weren't offering him a max deal, why would he go there rather than the Warriors?
Amazing, the fact that he was injured turned out to be a massive boon for Golden State.
I think some deals bar LBJ by Lakers have been mind boggling. What I meant was Lakers could have made space for him if they didn't spend 12M for KCP and 8M for Rondo. I am sure they could've signed Cousins for 8-10M and he'd have preferred to go to Lakers if they doubled the price we were offering.

I think Cousins was just pissed with lack of offers. Imagine being a Top 10 player to not receiving an offer within same year. He is an emotional guy, he just wanted to say a big "F U" to other teams and I suppose he knows he won't be rushed with Warriors so he can take his time and recuperate.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5259 on: July 3, 2018, 09:10:28 am »
I think some deals bar LBJ by Lakers have been mind boggling. What I meant was Lakers could have made space for him if they didn't spend 12M for KCP and 8M for Rondo. I am sure they could've signed Cousins for 8-10M and he'd have preferred to go to Lakers if they doubled the price we were offering.

I think Cousins was just pissed with lack of offers. Imagine being a Top 10 player to not receiving an offer within same year. He is an emotional guy, he just wanted to say a big "F U" to other teams and I suppose he knows he won't be rushed with Warriors so he can take his time and recuperate.
waiting for someone next summer

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5260 on: July 3, 2018, 09:12:02 am »

With all due respect.
To be fair certainly not you and not me but most of the media and writers thought they won't even come close to being in the finals after they ended the season 4th.

But I disagree with you in one thing, I know competition in West is much harder but if Lebron carried those "bums" to finals last year, I will never ever underestimate his will and power. He is just different animal in the play-off's. Warriors will be the obvious team in the West but I won't be surprised if Lakers go past Rockets if they face in 7 game series. Rockets already lost Ariza who does most of their defensive work with Capela, and looks like they are losing Capela too.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5261 on: July 3, 2018, 09:15:21 am »
waiting for someone next summer

Yup. No reason to pick Lakers over the Warriors for an extra 10 mill or so.
It's pretty much a 6 month deal as it is.
Warriors are a guaranteed Western Conf Finalist, Lakers are still an unknown though clearly Playoff bound.
I also think the Lakers my be eyeing next year as their chance for luring several stars. They must have made 3 or 4 one year deals plus Lebron' s deal.
Makes sense for them to test out their youngsters this season before splashing in next summer.
I'm expecting more 1 year deals.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5262 on: July 3, 2018, 09:47:40 am »
Imagine the meltdown if Cousins signs 5 years 20M extension with us next summer ;D

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5263 on: July 3, 2018, 09:48:48 am »
Imagine the meltdown if Cousins signs 5 years 20M extension with us next summer ;D

WNBA suddenly starting to look mighty interesting these days. ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5264 on: July 3, 2018, 09:52:02 am »
Said for a while, I'm no expert on sports injuries but a ruptured achilles tendon for a near 7ft NBA player is a serious injury. He's only 27 but still, I'd be surprised if he's able to reach the heights (quite literally!) that he did pre-injury. Saying that, Cousins operating at even 70-80% pre-injury is still an excellent player to have in your roster.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/27/16940178/demarcus-cousins-achilles-injury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5265 on: July 3, 2018, 09:55:07 am »
hahaha, so lebron has gone to losing in the finals to losing in the conference finals.. if that. that warriors team is just unfair.

We might actually have a chance in the east ;D

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5266 on: July 3, 2018, 10:44:06 am »
I'm not sure Lebron gives that much of a toss about winning titles: his camp has already said he's happy with his accomplishments and his legacy. Moving to LA was about his family and future.

Having said that the Lakers other signings are real head-scratchers. Make zero sense.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5267 on: July 3, 2018, 11:22:30 am »
Yeah given how much Rondo likes the ball in his hands, and is closing in on the top 20 all-time assists leader board, it really is a strange signing. Hardly as if he shoots the ball well either.

Stephenson is a competitor though, and good on defense. Don't see the problem in using players like that from the bench. Funny when he was aggressively marking LeBron in the play-offs and he just turned round to him and said 'What's wrong with you?!'.

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=Cz3wvCNnF98

;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5268 on: July 3, 2018, 12:15:42 pm »
Having said that the Lakers other signings are real head-scratchers. Make zero sense.
Lebron, Rondo, Lance, McGee and add Ball family headache to the list. Oh boy, Luke Walton has a job in that locker room.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5269 on: July 3, 2018, 12:52:36 pm »
That's not what you initially said, you stated he won't be going past OKC, Utah,Denver etc

There's no discussion about the Spurs or Houston,  it was the other teams that you think a Lebron led Lakers, yes with this squad, couldn't beat.
Seriously,  Denver and New Orleans?

Yup, how it looks to me as well. Gets to be part of a winning team with aspirations to win a trophy, and can ease himself back into form without any pressure on him. It's actually a very smart move with very little risk, if any at all. He'll still get a max contract offer if he can prove he's 100% healthy.
To be honest, I thought he would have joined the Lakers for a similar deal alongside Leonard.

Unfortunately for him, he's not going to get a lot of touches or plays for him. But what the heck, it's a short term experience and if it gives him a title he won't have to have that lingering over him his whole life, like the likes of Ewing, Barkley, Malone, and Stockton.

I said they are not strolling past the other teams like he did in the East. "He's not getting through Houston,Golden State,OKC,Denver,San Antonio,Utah,New Orleans with ease.
"

Key words, with ease.

So take your own advice about chilling and all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5270 on: July 3, 2018, 12:53:21 pm »
To be fair certainly not you and not me but most of the media and writers thought they won't even come close to being in the finals after they ended the season 4th.

But I disagree with you in one thing, I know competition in West is much harder but if Lebron carried those "bums" to finals last year, I will never ever underestimate his will and power. He is just different animal in the play-off's. Warriors will be the obvious team in the West but I won't be surprised if Lakers go past Rockets if they face in 7 game series. Rockets already lost Ariza who does most of their defensive work with Capela, and looks like they are losing Capela too.

Depends on which media and which writers you listen to or read.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5271 on: July 3, 2018, 12:59:16 pm »

He could be back by December, more likely January but still plenty of time for him to play and get acclimated.

Even though I'm a Spurs fan, I love the ruthlessness of the Warriors. You got Lebron, ok hold my beer, hold that thought

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5272 on: July 3, 2018, 01:26:03 pm »
Devin Booker signs max with the Suns. Greedy bastard, he could've signed 2 yrs/4M$ with my Warriors instead.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5273 on: July 3, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »
ESPN reported Cousins chose Warriors over Boston. Can't blame him, should have moved for him last year.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5274 on: July 3, 2018, 02:31:56 pm »
only just realised lebron and lance will be on the same team :lmao

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5275 on: July 3, 2018, 03:24:43 pm »
only just realised lebron and lance will be on the same team :lmao
  ;D Lebron actually likes those hard nosed players who are willing to do some dirty work and annoy opponent team stars. But yeah, this season has a lot of changes in teams already, should be fun.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5276 on: July 3, 2018, 05:59:54 pm »
I said they are not strolling past the other teams like he did in the East. "He's not getting through Houston,Golden State,OKC,Denver,San Antonio,Utah,New Orleans with ease.
"

Key words, with ease.

So take your own advice about chilling and all.

They didn't stroll through the East with ease, did they?
Took them 7 games to beat Boston and Indy.  And they're both better than the teams you listed above.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5277 on: July 3, 2018, 06:13:41 pm »
I’m not to fused about Cousins, he’s only going to be used towards the March/April and in the playoffs, Warriors don’t need him there getting finals again anyway.

As for Lakers additions, all solid good players who’ll do their job in helping the team.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2018, 06:16:38 pm by LFC_1981 »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5278 on: July 3, 2018, 06:57:09 pm »
So... anybody know any other ball games to keep me occupied from October to June next year?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5279 on: July 3, 2018, 07:14:16 pm »
They didn't stroll through the East with ease, did they?
Took them 7 games to beat Boston and Indy.  And they're both better than the teams you listed above.

I am talking about the course of Lebron's time in the east. Not just last season alone. Yes the fact that it took him 7 games to beat both Boston and Indy doesn't bode well when Cleveland had a better roster than the Lakers.

I named 8 different teams, clearly Boston would be in the top 3, but Indy are better than how many of those teams in the West?

They swept the number one ranked side in the east, and have swept them the last two years in a row.

Keep thinking that Lebron will be in the finals with this present roster if you want.

We'll see who is right eventually come playoff time.

« Last Edit: July 3, 2018, 07:16:30 pm by deFacto »