Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 438952 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4440 on: February 14, 2018, 11:08:32 am »
If you have a iPad from USA, can it be charged through normal UK plug or do you need a converter?

Normal. Although if the larger iPad Pro (not sure if others) you may want to get a 29W adapter as it'll drastically cut charging times.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4441 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:47 am »
Normal. Although if the larger iPad Pro (not sure if others) you may want to get a 29W adapter as it'll drastically cut charging times.

Normal 2017 iPad but doesn't seem to be charging through my UK plug.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:14:21 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4442 on: February 14, 2018, 11:17:47 am »
Does the plug/cable work to charge another Apple device? Have you tried another charger with the iPad?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4443 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:00 am »
Does the plug/cable work to charge another Apple device? Have you tried another charger with the iPad?

The US one says 12w.

The UK says 10w.

Would this be why?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4444 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:32 am »
The US one says 12w.

The UK says 10w.

Would this be why?

No it'll just charge slightly slower.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4445 on: February 14, 2018, 11:23:32 am »
No it'll just charge slightly slower.

And no damage to battery cause of that?

Sorry for stupid questions.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4446 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:24 am »
The stock charger for the Pro is abysmal. Even just watching YouTube videos it can only hold the charge at the same percentage and it doesn’t go up

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4447 on: February 14, 2018, 11:32:47 am »
I also have a old iPod Classic and a Pure Docking station linked through my hi-fi.

Occasionally it pauses on its own then starts again.

Any ideas?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4448 on: February 17, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »
This might be a high bitrate issue. I'd be interested to know if the songs it pauses on are newer, higher bitrate songs which the older, slower hardware in the classic struggles to decode in real time.

Interesting.

Haven’t really noticed. Find through headphones and intermittent issue.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4449 on: February 27, 2018, 09:15:42 pm »
My iPod Classic has gone mad - I get this message.

'iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod “NICK'S IPOD”. Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings'

However the iPod is full as per settings so the music is on there.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
Ipod Classic
« Reply #4450 on: June 11, 2019, 02:05:31 pm »
Does anyone know of anywhere in the Liverpool area that could replace a battery in an Ipod Classic 160gb? 

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: Ipod Classic
« Reply #4451 on: June 11, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »
Does anyone know of anywhere in the Liverpool area that could replace a battery in an Ipod Classic 160gb?

It's really quite easy to do yourself, there's videos on youtube showing you how to do it.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
Re: Ipod Classic
« Reply #4452 on: June 12, 2019, 07:51:59 am »
I know it's not quite what you asked, but I replaced mine using a kit on ebay for about £10. Took all of 5 minutes as the ipod is just clipped together using plastic mounts and lasts longer than the original did.
It's really quite easy to do yourself, there's videos on youtube showing you how to do it.

Thanks gents,i might give it a go!
Just one question,do you need a tool to seperate the body of the ipod from the housing?

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4453 on: July 17, 2019, 10:41:24 am »
Can anyone recommend any free games for kids that don't contain tricky adverts every 2 minutes? I always get  a game for my 5 year old and then next thing shes back on the app store getting a different game as an advert has popped up and the X is always very small/hidden.

I've got the CBBC games app which is good, needs to be more games like that!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4454 on: July 21, 2019, 01:10:00 pm »
Just got the lad an Iphone 6 as he starts senior school in Sept. We're on Android ourselves - it there an app I can install on the wifes Honor 10 so she can locate his iphone (Mum wants to know where he is etc) or can it only be done via Apple?

Thanks.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4455 on: July 21, 2019, 01:11:18 pm »
Can anyone recommend any free games for kids that don't contain tricky adverts every 2 minutes? I always get  a game for my 5 year old and then next thing shes back on the app store getting a different game as an advert has popped up and the X is always very small/hidden.

I've got the CBBC games app which is good, needs to be more games like that!

With the kids Android tablets, I switch to airplane mode before they start the games to stop the ads, maybe try that?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4456 on: July 21, 2019, 02:18:40 pm »
Just got the lad an Iphone 6 as he starts senior school in Sept. We're on Android ourselves - it there an app I can install on the wifes Honor 10 so she can locate his iphone (Mum wants to know where he is etc) or can it only be done via Apple?

Thanks.

Couple of options off the top of my head....

1. Log into your Son’s iCloud account using Google Chrome on the Honor 10 and you should be able to use either the Find My iPhone or Find My Friends functions.

2. Pretty sure Google Maps has real time location services these days? I’m sure you can locate contacts that way too.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4457 on: July 21, 2019, 04:04:18 pm »
Couple of options off the top of my head....

1. Log into your Son’s iCloud account using Google Chrome on the Honor 10 and you should be able to use either the Find My iPhone or Find My Friends functions.

2. Pretty sure Google Maps has real time location services these days? I’m sure you can locate contacts that way too.

Cheers, I'll look into them.

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Office apps for ipad?
« Reply #4458 on: October 17, 2019, 10:19:19 am »
Hi guys, can anyone recommend the best app on ipad, free ideally that allows me to do the work I'd usually use Microsoft word for?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Office apps for ipad?
« Reply #4459 on: October 17, 2019, 11:18:11 am »
Pages. It’s Apple’s version of Word.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Office apps for ipad?
« Reply #4460 on: October 17, 2019, 10:44:34 pm »
You can get MS Office for an iPad, I've used it and its OK but not as easy or I think fully functional as Office for Windows.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4461 on: November 1, 2019, 03:34:41 pm »
Any iPhone users having difficulty with taking screenshots since the latest update?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4462 on: April 7, 2020, 09:34:12 am »
I've a new Windows 10 device, which seems to be recognising my iPod in the Device Manager list but not when I open iTunes.  Both devices and iTunes are updated with latest software, and I've run the 'update driver' function.  IPod still working/syncing fine with the old laptop.  Anyone got any advice?  Cheers.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4463 on: April 14, 2020, 03:04:45 pm »
Anyone play ‘Score! Match’ the footy game? First to two goals wins. Bit Subbuteo-esque in that you have to ‘flick’ the ball to a team mate or to shoot. Quite addictive.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4464 on: April 14, 2020, 03:05:37 pm »
Anyone play ‘Score! Match’ the footy game? First to two goals wins. Bit Subbuteo-esque in that you have to ‘flick’ the ball to a team mate or to shoot. Quite addictive.

Got really addicted to that, but stopped playing as my old phone would drain too quickly
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: June 4, 2020, 08:09:47 am »
12 months free Apple TV when you buy a device at present.  I replaced my old 6S with the iPhone SE 2020 and the offer popped up as soon as I opened the app.  Looking at the current library, 12 months will be more than enough to watch all it's content, probably twice.  It does have Mythic Quest though, so there's that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4466 on: June 4, 2020, 11:00:34 am »
What? I only got 6 months free six weeks ago!

Bastards
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4467 on: June 4, 2020, 02:53:43 pm »
What? I only got 6 months free six weeks ago!

Bastards

That's long enough mate, you could get through the library in a couple of weeks. You'd be insane to actually subscribe.  It's definitely 12 months now, just checked my subscriptions again.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4468 on: June 7, 2020, 08:46:08 am »
I got 12 months free when I got my 11 in September. I haven’t watched it once though...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4469 on: June 10, 2020, 11:43:12 pm »
Anyone else having problems with itunes not recognising a device? I keep getting that message when I try and connect my ipod nano, last time it wiped off all my music. It can't be the cables as it works on my iphone fine, I have the updated version of itunes and I have modified my apple driver as well. But it still won't recognise it?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4470 on: September 14, 2020, 04:00:09 pm »
Has anyone played around with iOS 14 yet ?  It’s quite a significant update, implemented a bunch of features Android have had for a while but refined them in an Apple sort of way.

The app drawer page is a bit clunky, iOS categorize your apps which is a bit hit and miss, but with widgets it means iPhone users finally have a degree of personalization.

No longer have a full screen call page, just a little banner at the top which is more than welcome.  The phone also now notifies me when my watch is fully charged.

It’s still only a beta, but I’ve yet to encounter any serious bugs, it’s rumored to the GM, with a full release due within the next ten days or so.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
Ipad Repairs
« Reply #4471 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:01 am »
Anyone know where i can get an Ipad battery replaced in the North Liverpool area?

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Re: Ipad Repairs
« Reply #4472 on: September 24, 2020, 12:07:06 pm »
Phone Surgery on County Road mate by the Glebe pub. Quick service and not dear either when I got my phone repaired.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4473 on: September 24, 2020, 12:12:50 pm »
Phone Surgery on County Road mate by the Glebe pub. Quick service and not dear either when I got my phone repaired.

Tried them mate and they can't do it at the moment!!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4474 on: September 24, 2020, 01:35:39 pm »
Buy a kit and do it yourself.

Replaced the battery on my phone and it was really simple. Loads of videos out there showing exactly how to do it.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #4475 on: September 26, 2020, 05:37:40 pm »
I found an apple watch series 3 it has an activation lock on it is there any way to take it off before I sell it?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4476 on: September 26, 2020, 07:33:47 pm »
Press and hold the sleep/wake button and if there’s a medical ID setup you’ll be see who the owner is, rather than selling an item that doesn’t belong to you.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4477 on: September 26, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »
iPadOS 14 drops the WiFi constantly..  irritating.

The first update was supposed to cure it, it’s better but still happens.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4478 on: September 27, 2020, 09:45:08 am »
I found an apple watch series 3 it has an activation lock on it is there any way to take it off before I sell it?

Ffs!

Look up the next of kin (hold the button on the side). If that’s not set up, hand it into the cops or apple. Selling it on is shite behaviour to be honest.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #4479 on: September 27, 2020, 10:19:34 am »
Ffs!

Look up the next of kin (hold the button on the side). If that’s not set up, hand it into the cops or apple. Selling it on is shite behaviour to be honest.

Alright don't throw a wobbler [emoji16] I've tried that there's nothing on it it's on the setup screens I'll drop it in the Apple store next time I'm in town will they even be at to get it back to the previous owner?