Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 438970 times)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4400 on: December 1, 2016, 09:26:44 pm »
Can anyone recommend decent speakers for an iPad (thinks its a 2) ? Not too bothered wired/wireless just want decent speakers for decent price.
Ta

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4401 on: December 4, 2016, 12:37:05 pm »
Games wise, New Star Soccer (addictive as hell) creators have brought out New Star Cricket which is equally as addictive

Also, Mini Metro which had a thread on here is now out for ipad. I spend hours on that
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4402 on: December 15, 2016, 04:28:49 pm »
Looking to switch to an android when contract is up on my iPhone

I'm looking for an app that retrieves  contacts from this phone and makes it simpler to install on my new phone.
Have tried a free one but when I checked the file there was only one contact in it.

Offline Lager

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4403 on: December 15, 2016, 07:20:22 pm »
Looking to switch to an android when contract is up on my iPhone

I'm looking for an app that retrieves  contacts from this phone and makes it simpler to install on my new phone.
Have tried a free one but when I checked the file there was only one contact in it.

Here you go mate I saw this on twitter the other day, hopefully it's what you're after!

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/12/13/google-drive-update-iphone-to-android-switch/

Offline gary75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4404 on: December 16, 2016, 06:28:47 am »
Nice one!
Cheers

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4405 on: March 15, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »
Any good free games come out recently (last year or so)? Was going to stock up my iPad with games for a flight next week. Something that has abit of strategy but not too fussed

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #4406 on: March 19, 2017, 03:16:42 pm »
Hey guys, I have a problem with managing my music on my Iphone 7. When i download a song and put it in Itunes and sync it with my iphone it works. But for some reason when i decide to manage my music and decide for example to have song number 3 on top of my list, it doesn't work. It just goes back to it original place.  On Itunes i have the option of manually manage my music and videos on so it should work but it doesn't. So can anyone plz help me with it.

Can anyone please help me with this problem :)

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4407 on: March 30, 2017, 11:06:15 pm »

Do you guys use the Workflow App ?.. Its amazing you can create your own workflows or download them for example I just found a workflow that will download any video you want from Twitter, Youtube etc and save it with just one click ..

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: March 31, 2017, 11:19:06 am »
Interesting. My Youtube MP3 downloader has just stopped its servers and am looking for a solution. This sounds like it might work.

OGYoutube lets you download videos from YouTube or just the audio from a video as an MP3.

Not sure if it's on IOS though as I use Android.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4409 on: March 31, 2017, 11:55:12 am »
Actually it was an Android device I was using for it - a programme called Audio Pocket - it's been brilliant but recently it won't convert video to audio - so assuming it's either had its servers turned off, or Youtube has changed the encoding in their videos rendering this app hopeless.

Going to give that a try also. Going to grab Workflow for my iPad tho.

OGYoutube works and looks pretty identical to the official YouTube app. Except it has a red arrow and DOWNLOAD button. It looks like it's part of an advert, but it's not. It will prompted a menu which allows you to pick any video quality as MP4 or 3GP. But it also lets you just download as MP3. Works a treat and as far as I can see there is no adverts on it. Downloads very quickly too.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4410 on: March 31, 2017, 12:37:50 pm »
Awesome. There's a regular series I like to listen to on youtube and each one is 3-4 hours long, so it's a pain trying to keep youtube open all the time, especially when I'm listening in bed.

A trick around that (if you don't want to download the MP3) is open YouTube in Firefox on Android. It allows you to have YouTube running in the background and lets you lock your phone and therefore turn off the screen. I believe this app allows the same anyway.

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4411 on: March 31, 2017, 02:30:00 pm »
Interesting. My Youtube MP3 downloader has just stopped its servers and am looking for a solution. This sounds like it might work.

Its brilliant and you can customize it to your needs ..

This work flow will download video from Youtube - Twitter - Instagram : https://workflow.is/workflows/95015cddf7644c758055773dd6060775

This one will let you download a Youtube video or convert it to MP3 if you want ( you can add an action to save the MP3 to notes or Dropbox ) : https://workflow.is/workflows/3008184ecbb74c8f94348fef044c3aa5

This will Convert a Youtube video to MP3 and save to to Dropbox:  https://workflow.is/workflows/690b2fe3b0534c76864de22a2ffd93fa

Liverpool v Everton Apr 1, 2017, 2:30 PM
^ This one will find LFC next game date- time and copy it to clipboard : https://workflow.is/workflows/15365f25c3aa40f9a605c4ea968d6de9

This one with just one click will show MelissaReddy tweets let you select multiple tweets if you want and copy it to your clipboard without going to twitter : https://workflow.is/workflows/d5e11d75d27448c8bbf46028d0592103

The format will be like this :

Klopp on Henderson: "It's just a matter of time. If there was a chance he could run, he'd do it. We have to be careful and not take risks"

Klopp on Henderson: "Unfortunately he's had a little setback and hasn't been in team training until now." No timeframe on his return yet

Klopp says Sturridge "has no chance" for the derby. Not in proper training yet. "He was on the pitch with the rehab coach." #LFC

So many uses for this app 

Offline gary75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4412 on: March 31, 2017, 07:01:58 pm »
Had a search on google maps this afternoon and a pacman icon appeared.

I could navigate pacman to eat the dots on my planned route.
I thought it was surreal, a bit unsafe to use when driving though (obviously)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4413 on: April 19, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »
Posted this on the laptop thread also but thought I'd post in here too, thinking about getting a Macbook Air. Are they good and worth the money? I'll be using it for mainly browsing, downloading music, the odd stream and maybe a bit of footy manager.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4414 on: April 19, 2017, 10:52:51 pm »
Boss. My MBA is still going strong 6 years after I bought it. It's been dropped and bashed around and still works.

Runs Photoshop, Footie Manager and does all the standard stuff perfectly.
Yeah it sounds boss to me! What's the major differences between the Air and Pro besides the screen size?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: April 19, 2017, 11:13:05 pm »
In short, grunt under the hood. The Pro has double the RAM ordinarily (assuming you are looking at new) and much faster processors capable of hyper threading and all sorts of other complex shit that people use in professional capacities - engineering, design, programming, rendering. It has a better screen and extra trackpad tech also.

If you are just using it for day to day bloke stuff, then the Air will have more than enough power - the battery is insane on them too - they claim 12 hours and you get 12 hours.
Thanks for the insight and knowledge as per Lfsea! Looks like I'll be purchasing a MBA sooner rather than later :)

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4416 on: July 18, 2017, 11:04:12 am »
Had Movie Box on my iPad but it's stopped working. Anyone got any decent apps for ios (non-jailbroken) for streaming TV shows etc?
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4417 on: July 18, 2017, 02:34:49 pm »
Presumably you had a security permission exemption to run Movie Box (I do on my iPad). If so, that's probably expired and you'll need to get a new one.

I pay a website - builds.io - $9.99 a year for mine and it allows me to maintain the 'third party' apps easily and with no fuss. Also means I can get emulators etc running as well, all without the need for Jailbreaking.

No, I have had the app a few years, and was running my ipad on an old IOS. I never upgraded the software as I thought the app would stop working. Now it has stopped working anyway.

I see from PlayboxHD theres a couple of sites (iPASTORE and iPwnStore.me) which charge $9.99 a year membership. I presume that's the same thing you use?

I might take a look at builds.io - can I then download Movie Box from there?

Thanks for the help :)

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: July 18, 2017, 03:13:10 pm »
Ah I see - lucky you :D

Builds.io has a couple of TV/Movie apps on there at the moment, Movie Box & one called CinemaBox or something like that - they both do exactly the same thing with a slightly different skin on top.

I've been using Builds for a couple of years now and it's all very professional (as much as a site offering sideloaded software can be) - and you use Pay Pal so you're totally protected. I can only vouch for Builds but if you go to the site, you can see all the apps they offer without paying.

Also has advanced builds of Kodi so you can stream games etc.

Ah, that's cool. Yep, I was running both Movie Box and Cinema Box (I think MB had a better UI and was easier to stream to Apple TV I thought), but they stopped updated the Cinema Box version I have (and Move Box stopped completely), and I'm stuck on Game of Thrones Season 6... Need S7 now!!

Presume if I sign up to builds I can run across a couple of devices? Don't mind paying a few quid and would prefer to use something that someone has had decent experience of.

Thanks again :thumbup

EDIT: Just went on the site, and see it's for a single device. Still, will give it a try.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:16:43 pm by Dublin Red »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #4419 on: October 1, 2017, 09:13:24 am »
I've been given an Apple TV. What's the best way of watching football through it. Skygo won't mirror off the iPad but if I can get the usual sky sports (without nowtv) then that would be awesome!

Is there any good apps that let you stream films?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4420 on: October 1, 2017, 10:42:47 am »
I've been given an Apple TV. What's the best way of watching football through it. Skygo won't mirror off the iPad but if I can get the usual sky sports (without nowtv) then that would be awesome!

Is there any good apps that let you stream films?

I don’t have one myself but is there not a Sky Go app you can download and log into?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #4421 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:14 pm »
Is there any way I can install a web browser on my Apple TV gen 4? I don't have another iOS device besides that.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4422 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:26 pm »
Is there any way I can install a web browser on my Apple TV gen 4? I don't have another iOS device besides that.
Why not just mirror your iPhone into the screen?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4423 on: October 17, 2017, 07:45:41 am »
Why not just mirror your iPhone into the screen?

Or iPad, or one of his other iOS devices...

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: October 17, 2017, 01:30:37 pm »
Or iPad, or one of his other iOS devices...

:D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4425 on: October 17, 2017, 07:04:35 pm »
Tepid's had a 'mare there.

I nearly made the same suggestion myself yesterday ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4426 on: October 17, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »
Oh.

Bugger.

Must read a bit more carefully...  I’ve been very very busy at work... that’s my excuse!!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:33 pm »
A workflow add to download Video/Audio from Youtube - Twitter- Facebook- Tumblr- ( Instagram Stories- Videos- Photos )

https://workflow.is/workflows/835158353688424e878f2787bbed3aca

When you are watching a video on any social app just click share then run workflow and it will download it to your camera roll.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:37 pm »
I have a bit of a nightmare going on, and hoped someone here might know how to solve it....

I just upgraded to the new ioS11 on my iphone. I tried to open a particular app with lots of pics inside, called MyPhoto. I could not open it and it says it needs to be updated to Work with ios11.
After googling a bit I found out the owner of the App will not be upgrading any of their apps...they were last active in 2014.

So my question is... How can I move my app or open my app on my ipad that is still on ios10? Or any other solution is appreciated.

(As I have Photos on this app, does this app solely belong to the phone?... in other Words the pics are not on any server somewhere?)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:53:12 pm by SwedenRed »

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4429 on: October 24, 2017, 04:40:37 pm »
If memory serves, you can only downgrade for a certain amount of time after the firmware update as Apple disable downgrades past this point.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4430 on: October 24, 2017, 08:07:31 pm »
Did the app require registration/log on?

If you can't rollback, you could try installing on your iPad and logging onto your account, see if the pictures pop up in there.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: October 24, 2017, 09:09:32 pm »
A workflow add to download Video/Audio from Youtube - Twitter- Facebook- Tumblr- ( Instagram Stories- Videos- Photos )

https://workflow.is/workflows/835158353688424e878f2787bbed3aca

When you are watching a video on any social app just click share then run workflow and it will download it to your camera roll.

I’d never even heard of workflow until I read your post. What an outstanding App!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: October 25, 2017, 09:51:52 am »
It's ridiculously powerful. If you can fully master it iOS becomes almost infinitely more useful.

You never played with Automater?

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4433 on: October 27, 2017, 09:27:34 pm »
You can roll back your version of iOS. I haven't done it for a couple of years but it's not too hard. It's basically having to do a version of disaster recovery yourself. There are loads of online tutorials for it.

The only other suggestion would be to set your device as a hard drive in Mac OS or Windows and have a browse through the file structure to see if the raw data is in there somewhere.
Thanks for the replies. I didn't take the risk to roll back versions because I read about the risks. I tried to sync the app with the Cloud (iTunes doesn't work with apps anymore on ios11), and this didn't work because MyPhoto wasn't on the list.
Anyway I thought that was it, and as a last resort I just googled 'copy app from iPhone to iPhone'... and found a program called 'Anytrans'... So I downloaded and it found everything in the app and I was able to download everything in one go to my windows laptop.
Just been having a look at this program... Its quite impressive... It can transfer anything from one device to another...app, pics, anything... Very very handy. So well recommended.

Anyway, crisis over. Thank you for your replies.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4434 on: November 2, 2017, 01:27:41 pm »
Has anyone updated their iPad Pro's to iOS 11 yet?

Haven't done mine yet but all I have been hearing about is bad performance and battery issues.
JFT97

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4435 on: November 2, 2017, 01:58:04 pm »
Has anyone updated their iPad Pro's to iOS 11 yet?

Haven't done mine yet but all I have been hearing about is bad performance and battery issues.

Had mine updated since the day it came out, posting from it now. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything negative since updating - is certainly not slower and nothing obvious when it comes to the battery.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4436 on: November 2, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »
Had mine updated since the day it came out, posting from it now. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything negative since updating - is certainly not slower and nothing obvious when it comes to the battery.

Thank you for that - might just take the plunge. Have just been re-reading the posts on forums that had me concerned and seems as if it's mostly iPhone related.

Is it a major upgrade as they said it would be, does it feel more like a genuine hybrid tablet/laptop now?
JFT97

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4437 on: November 19, 2017, 07:00:15 pm »
Is a iPad Pro worth getting over a iPad?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4438 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:58 pm »
My missus has an iPad Air 2 from/for her work - screen got cracked and she went looking for repair quotes over the weekend.

£180 quid was the cheapest so far!  Robbing Apple twats.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4439 on: February 14, 2018, 11:03:25 am »
If you have a iPad from USA, can it be charged through normal UK plug or do you need a converter?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.