Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 438990 times)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4360 on: November 23, 2015, 10:35:26 pm »
You need to enable AssistiveTouch.

Will have a mess around with it thanks for the posts

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4361 on: November 25, 2015, 05:17:23 pm »
just got the new ipad pro

its huge and feels so thin its unreal

feels like it will snap in half just by looking at it

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4362 on: November 25, 2015, 05:56:49 pm »
just got the new ipad pro

its huge and feels so thin its unreal

feels like it will snap in half just by looking at it

Let us know what your first impression are of it after a couple of uses.

Gonna be next month before can get one (hopefully stock won't be an issue then!).

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4363 on: January 21, 2016, 03:30:50 am »
Anyone play Empire Z? I used to despise these games but I've been hooked on this for months.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
My 160 gb IPod Classic has "died"
« Reply #4364 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:33 pm »
I have had an IPod Classic 160gb since November 2011 & have never had any problems with it technically, apart from it freezing once or twice & having to reset it.

However, today, when I tried to start charging, nothing happened, the screen was just black, usually you get the "charging" icon come straight up.  I tried to reset the device by pressing the MENU & centre keys for around 6-8 seconds, but nothing happened.  I tried to connect it to my desktop via ITunes, but the device wasn't identified.  I( waited for 30-45 minutes with the device plugged into 1 of the USB ports, as it might have been fully discharged & needed a longer time to start chargingI went online & found some possible solutions which I tried, but nothing.

I have an Apple store in Reading town centre which is within walking distance, but feel that the cost of any spares or repair might be prohibitive, like for a new battery/hard drive etc.  I don't want to try & make any technical fixes myself to save money, as it looks quite difficult to get the IPod open to change the battery etc.

Does anyone have any bright ideas for me to be able to resolve this? Or do I need to bite the bullet & get a new MP3 player?  Just need a high capacity 1 like the Classic, not too bothered about top sound quality.  Would you trust a refurbished 1?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: My 160 gb IPod Classic has "died"
« Reply #4365 on: June 25, 2016, 06:55:59 pm »
Wipe it and restore from iTunes....

Your only hope I reckon
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #4366 on: June 25, 2016, 07:04:50 pm »
Wipe it and restore from iTunes....

Your only hope I reckon

My device isn't visible on ITunes for me to be able to start wiping everything & restoring to factory defaults.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4367 on: June 25, 2016, 07:06:48 pm »
My device isn't visible on ITunes for me to be able to start wiping everything & restoring to factory defaults.
Oh dear.... That's not a good sign....

A trip to the oracle for you I think....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4368 on: June 25, 2016, 07:28:00 pm »
Mine died a while back after falling in water.  I might try and get repaired at a shop in our local market.  got 98gig of music on there and i miss it, especially when taking my lad to footie training.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4369 on: June 25, 2016, 09:19:52 pm »
RIP Dan The Man 28373's IPod Classic 160gb.

November 2011 - June 2016

YNWA

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
« Reply #4370 on: June 25, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »
Try putting it in DFU mode, if you haven't already...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_bIDtBohnE

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4371 on: June 26, 2016, 08:10:56 pm »
iPad just showing a black screen with the voice over

Tried home button and power button reset but nothing changes , when connecting to iTunes wants to put passcode into iPad but impossible as screen black

Any ideas ?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4372 on: September 11, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »
My iPad (old 3rd Gen version) downloaded the new iOS 9.3.5 software last week. It has absolutely killed my ability to charge the damn thing. Had it plugged in last night and it went from 77% to 84%. Have to leave it plugged in all the time. Anyone got any ideas?- and yes, I have hard reset it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #4373 on: September 12, 2016, 06:57:55 am »
I have been thinking about the new Ipad Pro 12.9 128gb but can see Apple have put the price up now from £799 to £819 - which is a lot for a tablet.
John Lewis have it at £729 which seems a decent deal with 3 years cover included.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4374 on: September 12, 2016, 03:36:39 pm »
If you're absolutely sure that it is the OS update and not that your battery is Kapput then search for "downgrade to iOS 9.3.3" and there are various sites that'll give you instructions on how to roll back your firmware. It will be a bit of a pain in the arse though. I try and always stay 1 version behind the current one.

No, it was solid as a rock until Apple's latest shiteology.  Bunch of incompetent shitehawks.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4375 on: September 12, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »
No, it was solid as a rock until Apple's latest shiteology.  Bunch of incompetent shitehawks.

Has it been reported as a common occurrence for people updating to this version on 3rd Gen iPads?

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4376 on: September 12, 2016, 03:55:42 pm »
Has it been reported as a common occurrence for people updating to this version on 3rd Gen iPads?

There's a bunch of queries on the topic on the apple discussion forums (with the usual condescendingly unhelpful replies that we've known to love from apple).  Issues on some iphones as well as ipads.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4377 on: September 12, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »
I have this issue on iPhone, have posted it in iPhone thread,
I am currently waiting to go to Genius Bar to see if they can resolve it.
It's free as long as it's a software issue, if it's hardware then it's gonna cost.

Was passing an EE shop today in manchester, nipped in and told them what was up, as I am with them and phone us under 24months old they will repair it free of charge.
Going to local shop on Monday and should get it back after 7 days.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:03:04 pm by gary75 »

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4378 on: September 19, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »
Not liking ios 10 so far.

Seems less friendly.

Cant turn on music from the lock screen any more.

also seems more clunky. im sure its better. frustrating when you are fully familiar with a product then they change it

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4379 on: September 19, 2016, 08:33:52 pm »
Doesn't Music have its own tab if you swipe right?

Not noticed any slow down on my 6, certainly wouldn't describe it as clunky. The changes appear to be fairly small to be honest in my general day to day usage of it.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4380 on: September 19, 2016, 08:46:06 pm »
Not liking ios 10 so far.

Seems less friendly.

Cant turn on music from the lock screen any more.

also seems more clunky. im sure its better. frustrating when you are fully familiar with a product then they change it

Swipe up and then left for music. I think iOS10 is a big upgrade personally, love it
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4381 on: September 20, 2016, 08:43:21 am »
Yep, and not only that I believe there is also a little tooltip the first time you bring up control centre to advise you of this.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4382 on: September 20, 2016, 05:02:30 pm »
Ahoy-hoy.

Got a question regarding iPod shuffle, (if not the right thread, point me along please). My youngest wanted an iPod Shuffle for her birthday aaand that's what she got. Now, I don't have iTunes installed and I don't want it either.

So, how do I get the mp3s on that tiny thing?

A search on the interwebs seems to conclude that is quite possible to do this, but I'd like to check with RAWKs finest first.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4383 on: September 20, 2016, 09:21:58 pm »
The new music app is worse than the previous incarnation, which in itself was poor. But it did the job clunkily. However there is one problem for which I am aggrieved beyond measure. I hate the 'you might also like..." invading my library. My library is my private space, if i wish to browse I'll open iTunes. This is a serious breach to me and serious enough for me to want to abandon the iPhone. Ive owned all versions from iPhone 2 up to the now 6s. (not bothered about 7) I despise the invasion of marketing into my library. I do not need anyone telling me what I might also like. To place advertising into my library is a breach of trust to me and I will not tolerate this. If there was an option to turn it on/off, then fine. There isn't, or it isn't immediately apparent or what is provided does not work.

Oh and album artwork is failing. Again.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4384 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:35 pm »
Where are you seeing the recommended songs when on the Library page in Music. Just checked and can't see it on mine on any of the pages (artists, albums, etc).

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4385 on: September 21, 2016, 03:21:21 pm »
Craig,

Find a downloaded tune and scroll to the bottom of the album/single/ep. Up will appear 'you might also like...'

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4386 on: September 21, 2016, 04:34:52 pm »
Craig,

Find a downloaded tune and scroll to the bottom of the album/single/ep. Up will appear 'you might also like...'

Ah, see it there.

It's right out of the way, not sure why you're getting so worked up by it. By the way you were going on thought it was in the middle of your actual library or something.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4387 on: September 21, 2016, 05:25:03 pm »
Thats not the point Craig. I can access all that via itunes app. I dont want it in my library app. If it could be switched off, then fine no problem. I appreciate not everyone will find it irksome. But I do. Its advertising. I only wish to see my stuff in my library, not some suggestions for what I might like. I know what I might like, I dont need some jumped up yankee shitehawk suggesting to me. I know better than that shitehole whats good music is. :)

I'm not 'really' worked up. Just a mild indignance at what I perceive as an invasion.

I'm pro apple too. Ive got macs, macbooks, basestation the whole goddamned kaboodle. Generally im fine with their changes. But music, start fucking with my music and i'll be off to apple hq to mess up their lawn.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4388 on: September 21, 2016, 07:50:45 pm »
I'd just use it to help find new songs and download them for free if I was you, there's your little victory over them ;D
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4389 on: September 21, 2016, 08:06:20 pm »
:) I like to pay for my music. Always. Don't get me wrong I'll watch a pirate movie no sweat as I don't watch many movies; but music, I will always pay for. Anyways, I's started to re-collect vinyl. To replace that lost in a burglary 25yrs ago. So apple iTunes can fek off now. I've refound my mojo.

I'm running out of multinationals now. amazon, google, starbucks, boots (yeah), Johnson & Johnson and many others have irked me and now I just don't use them anymore. Maybe this should be moved to that annoy thread as I'm having a victor meldrew moment.

Its bollocks when you realise you've turned into a moany old c*nt...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4390 on: September 22, 2016, 09:04:07 pm »
I delete played podcast from my iPod, then as soon as I drag a new one over all previously deleted pods follow. Wtf is going on guys :)

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4391 on: September 23, 2016, 04:15:31 am »
I delete played podcast from my iPod, then as soon as I drag a new one over all previously deleted pods follow. Wtf is going on guys :)

Yeah John, I've had terrible trouble with podcasts on my iPhone ever since I got it. Total clusterfuck, so bad that I can't even use it for podcasts at all anymore without totally doing my head in. And now I'm having trouble synching songs that I've added from my library to the phone. It used to be so easy to use.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4392 on: September 23, 2016, 06:33:30 am »
What problems do you have?

Podcasts is easy....
W

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4393 on: September 23, 2016, 08:21:51 am »
Pocket casts is a really great app, you should try it out.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4394 on: September 26, 2016, 04:09:32 pm »
What problems do you have?

Podcasts is easy....

I don't know mate, it's an unholy mess. It just doesn't work at all the way it used to and it gets cluttered so easily. I just can't get it to function well at all.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4395 on: September 26, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »
I don't know mate, it's an unholy mess. It just doesn't work at all the way it used to and it gets cluttered so easily. I just can't get it to function well at all.
It looks almost exactly the same to me

I always launch from the unplayed episode view...
W

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4396 on: October 7, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »
Anyone with an imac, have you ever had the black screen of death?

If so, what fixed it?

This is driving me absolutely crazy.

I have reset both the pram and smc, lots of times and it makes no difference at all    >:(

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4397 on: October 9, 2016, 03:50:01 pm »
Anyone with an imac, have you ever had the black screen of death?

If so, what fixed it?

This is driving me absolutely crazy.

I have reset both the pram and smc, lots of times and it makes no difference at all    >:(

Could be a knackered Hard Drive?

£125 to get repaired in the Apple shop if it is.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4398 on: November 23, 2016, 03:31:17 pm »
Updated an ipad mini, 2 I believe, to ios 9.3.5 and the youtube icon disappeared. Now, I couldn't care less - as I don't use it, however, this is the end of the world for daughter #2... *rolleyes*

I find it under 'bought' apps in the app store, but hitting open - or anything else for that matter, does the combined sum of feck all.. I've fiddled about in the restrictions and made sure that the 'apps' section is at 17+, which, apparently, youtube requires.

Uhm.. halp!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4399 on: November 25, 2016, 09:46:56 pm »
Updated an ipad mini, 2 I believe, to ios 9.3.5 and the youtube icon disappeared. Now, I couldn't care less - as I don't use it, however, this is the end of the world for daughter #2... *rolleyes*

I find it under 'bought' apps in the app store, but hitting open - or anything else for that matter, does the combined sum of feck all.. I've fiddled about in the restrictions and made sure that the 'apps' section is at 17+, which, apparently, youtube requires.

Uhm.. halp!

What happens when you go to youtube in the browser? I know on my phone it automatically switches over to the app.