Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 438952 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4320 on: April 24, 2015, 02:41:10 pm »
You don't happen to have it on half speed, by any chance?
It's not quite that slow mate but how do I check? I've tried to look at the settings while connected to the PC but can't see a sped option.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4321 on: April 24, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »
Assuming it's the same as an iPhone, when you are in a podcast, it says at the bottom (in the podcast app) speed x1 or speed x2 etc. In the music application I think it's the same, but only for audiobooks. Is it music that's the issue?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4322 on: April 24, 2015, 08:34:41 pm »
Assuming it's the same as an iPhone, when you are in a podcast, it says at the bottom (in the podcast app) speed x1 or speed x2 etc. In the music application I think it's the same, but only for audiobooks. Is it music that's the issue?
Sorry mate, no its podcasts, it makes Neil Atkinson sound permanently drunk ..... oh wait ... :)
Ta, I'll have a look at that.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:13:14 am by John C »

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4323 on: June 10, 2015, 10:26:45 pm »
Can anyone recommend a dash cam app? Preferably one that runs in the background because I need to use my sat nav a lot.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4324 on: August 26, 2015, 09:16:52 am »
Has anyone used Apple Pay? Only just found out about it and was wondering if anyone would recommend it or not?

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4325 on: August 26, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »
If you have a contactless card then go for it. Easy to use.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4326 on: August 27, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »
My iPhone isn't charging anymore, It bounces from 6% to 2% to 3% no matter how long I leave it on charge for. Is it completely fucked?

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4327 on: September 8, 2015, 04:35:57 pm »
Score Hero has taken over my life!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4328 on: September 9, 2015, 02:24:38 pm »
Has anyone used Apple Pay? Only just found out about it and was wondering if anyone would recommend it or not?

I've used it a few times. Was particularly interested as I did a work stint involving mobile money and suchlike...

It's...OKAY, you get your phone out and 7 times out of 10 the card reader contacts straight away and you just use your thumb and jobs a good'un. But a few times for me, it doesn't connect when you do the thumb part, which leads to having to do it again.

All of which is more clunky and 30-40 seconds slower than using a contactless card. Wouldn't want to do this on an underground barrier with 75 people behind me!

They'll get it right I'm sure.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4329 on: September 9, 2015, 03:16:03 pm »
I've used it a few times. Was particularly interested as I did a work stint involving mobile money and suchlike...

It's...OKAY, you get your phone out and 7 times out of 10 the card reader contacts straight away and you just use your thumb and jobs a good'un. But a few times for me, it doesn't connect when you do the thumb part, which leads to having to do it again.

All of which is more clunky and 30-40 seconds slower than using a contactless card. Wouldn't want to do this on an underground barrier with 75 people behind me!

Its obviously going to be more clunky than a contactless card, mainly because it involves the added step of actually having a security feature!

This was more designed for purchases of any size, so spending Ł60+ on a shop at the super market, etc. where as contactless cards were only ever designed for low payment amounts due to no security measures being in place.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4330 on: September 9, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »
I use Apple Pay all the time on my watch.  Always works fine first time, never any fuss.
Used it in America too where it works for bigger purchases of $100 plus.
Also works well in apps.  I've used it to pay for trainers from JD, pre-order food from Five Guys and but tickets to the Liverpool Food Festival on Living Social

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4331 on: September 9, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »
How does it work on a website? Is it basically like one click ordering where it sends all your details over to the company so you don't have to bother typing anything?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4332 on: September 9, 2015, 05:30:58 pm »
Sort of, you go through the usual steps and when it comes to payment you select Apple Pay, put your finger or thumb on the fingerprint ID thing, and it's all done

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4333 on: September 9, 2015, 09:32:41 pm »

Your not doing it right..... ;)

Use it on the tube all the time and it works flawlessly.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4334 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:29 am »
A lot depends on the reader itself.  We have 3 in the building I work at.  2 are flawless and one is always touchy, even with a card.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: October 1, 2015, 10:05:48 am »
Got a new iPod Touch and when the headphones are plugged in sometimes when I move the sound jumps or can only be heard through one side of the headphones, any ideas what could be wrong?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4336 on: October 1, 2015, 10:08:31 am »
Got a new iPod Touch and when the headphones are plugged in sometimes when I move the sound jumps or can only be heard through one side of the headphones, any ideas what could be wrong?

You tried another pair of headphones?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: October 1, 2015, 12:14:49 pm »
Are you using the headphones that came with it? If not that would probably explain it.

I am using the ones that came with it mate. I'll try them on my iPhone and see if it does the same thing as the iPod.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: October 1, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »
The first thing that crossed my mind was wrong headphones. I've noticed recently that my iPhone doesn't like headphones that were designed originally for other phones.

Does sound like an issue with the jack on the headphones to me though.

Sound mate is it worth me taking it the apple shop and getting looked at?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4339 on: October 1, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »
Just test out your headphones in another device first, and another set of headphone in yours. That way can just confirm which the issue is with.

If it's the iPod then go into an Apple store and see what they can do.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: November 17, 2015, 10:51:35 pm »
Bought my daughter a ipad air 2 for Christmas off Amazon, it was Ł75 off retail price so got me a wondering about whether there is something dodgy with it. Got it today and it looks sound enough but it doesn't say anywhere on it that it's a ipad air 2? Not on the box even. It has the new button on the front that the ipad air 1 doesn't and the model number seems to match up but us there another way of telling that it's the real deal?

Also I put the 2 pieces of the charger together then the first time I tried to separate them they got stuck and broke when I freed them. This happened to anyone else?

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4341 on: November 18, 2015, 07:58:45 am »
If it came in a white, unbranded box then you may want to check that it's a refurbished model. I've had 2 Macbooks refurbished from Apple and they come in a very generic white cardboard box.
the box is white but it is branded with ipad air written on the side and a side on picture of the ipad on the top. You just expect it to at least say ipad 2 on the box even if the devices themselves don't have it on.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4342 on: November 18, 2015, 08:45:55 am »

Score Hero, Cooking Fever and Top Eleven.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4343 on: November 18, 2015, 09:06:58 am »
the box is white but it is branded with ipad air written on the side and a side on picture of the ipad on the top. You just expect it to at least say ipad 2 on the box even if the devices themselves don't have it on.

Sounds like a typical Apple box to me mate.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: November 18, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »
Sounds like a typical Apple box to me mate.
Good, I think it's definitely a genuine ipad 2 air thank god.

Just the charger that is the issue now, the part on the right has the right markings that it should have and feels solid but the plug part on the left that broke feels cheap and doesn't look like it's a genuine part. Can only find 'is it real' details on the 2 joined together which doesn't mention anything about the markings on the plug part.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4345 on: November 18, 2015, 05:36:56 pm »
I need new levels. Completed the most recent ones on the day they came out! Currently just working my way through getting 3 stars on all.

Give us new levels!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4346 on: November 18, 2015, 05:43:25 pm »
Toughest choice was Utd or Chelsea to sign for :(
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: November 18, 2015, 07:09:53 pm »
Good, I think it's definitely a genuine ipad 2 air thank god.

Just the charger that is the issue now, the part on the right has the right markings that it should have and feels solid but the plug part on the left that broke feels cheap and doesn't look like it's a genuine part. Can only find 'is it real' details on the 2 joined together which doesn't mention anything about the markings on the plug part.

The Model number (on the back cover) of the iPad Air 2 is either A1566 on the iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi or A1567 on the iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201471

I'd take the charger into an Apple Store and see if they will give you a replacement.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: November 18, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »

The Model number (on the back cover) of the iPad Air 2 is either A1566 on the iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi or A1567 on the iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201471

I'd take the charger into an Apple Store and see if they will give you a replacement.
The number checks out and the home button is the newer one you get on the latest devices so it must be a ipad 2. Been looking at pictures of the Air 2 boxes and some do come with I pad Air 2 written on it and some don't so its a little bit confusing but I've no doubt the device itself (which is immaculate) and one half of the charger are the real thing ,the box might be from a Ipad air 1 and the second half of the charger is a bit dodgy so who knows what's going on ;D.

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:32 pm »
The number checks out and the home button is the newer one you get on the latest devices so it must be a ipad 2. Been looking at pictures of the Air 2 boxes and some do come with I pad Air 2 written on it and some don't so its a little bit confusing but I've no doubt the device itself (which is immaculate) and one half of the charger are the real thing ,the box might be from a Ipad air 1 and the second half of the charger is a bit dodgy so who knows what's going on ;D.

There should be a label on the back of the box which contains the model details and serial number which should match the device.

Looking at the pics of the charger it looks like the UK plug part is defective. It may originally have had a US/EU plug on it and the seller may have swapped that with a 3rd party UK part.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4350 on: November 18, 2015, 10:17:22 pm »
They all match up as well. Just put it on and registered it using her apple id and password and was hoping it wouldn't notify her  iphone but it did, i told her she was getting the original ipad air but apple emailed her to say that someone has accessed her account and in that email it says it's a ipad air 2 :(

Good shout about the charger, I bet that's what has happened, not sure if Amazon will swap the charger without me returning the whole I pad but will give them a ring tomorrow. Unfortunately no Apple store around here so can't change it there.

Weirdly when I connected it to the wifi the signal went down on the router ,turned it off and it was sound again, turned it back on and the same happened but it eventually kicked out of it and all was fine again. Bit weird.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4351 on: November 20, 2015, 12:09:47 pm »
My iphone 5 has picked up this annoying habbit:  On the way into work I listen to a podcast on my headphones, then press pause on my in-line controls.  A few hours later (after using various apps etc.) I leave work, put my headphones in and press play.  But instead of starting the podcast from where I paused it, it plays music from my playlist.  It happens the other way round too.  Anyone else had this issue?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4352 on: November 20, 2015, 12:29:56 pm »
Toughest choice was Utd or Chelsea to sign for :(

I opted for Chelsea, reluctantly.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4353 on: November 20, 2015, 01:39:34 pm »
My iphone 5 has picked up this annoying habbit:  On the way into work I listen to a podcast on my headphones, then press pause on my in-line controls.  A few hours later (after using various apps etc.) I leave work, put my headphones in and press play.  But instead of starting the podcast from where I paused it, it plays music from my playlist.  It happens the other way round too.  Anyone else had this issue?

I'd imagine it's to do with a lack of memory (not the storage space sort), so the app can't store where you were previously.

Try closing down anything you're not using (double click home then close the open apps there) to see if that helps. Also you could probably test if this is the reason by not using the phone for the few hours between and seeing if it then plays from the paused place.

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4354 on: November 21, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
I opted for Chelsea, reluctantly.
Me too. Couldn't finish that section quick enough.
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4355 on: November 23, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »
Refurbing a house and I'm going to wall mount an iPad with one of these

http://www.habitech.co.uk/Manufacturers/Wall-Smart/Wall-Smart+for+Apple/Wall-Smart+wall+mount+for+iPad+mini_WAL-IMINI.htm

They do one with the home button on show and one without , is there a way in the settings to disable the home button and return out of any apps back to the main screen without pressing the home button

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4356 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:27 pm »
Refurbing a house and I'm going to wall mount an iPad with one of these

http://www.habitech.co.uk/Manufacturers/Wall-Smart/Wall-Smart+for+Apple/Wall-Smart+wall+mount+for+iPad+mini_WAL-IMINI.htm

They do one with the home button on show and one without , is there a way in the settings to disable the home button and return out of any apps back to the main screen without pressing the home button

I doubt it, pretty much 100% of the apps I've ever used use the home button to exit. Plus it has other uses, such as finger print log in (depending on model) and double tapping to close apps that are open.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4357 on: November 23, 2015, 08:04:13 pm »
I doubt it, pretty much 100% of the apps I've ever used use the home button to exit. Plus it has other uses, such as finger print log in (depending on model) and double tapping to close apps that are open.

Cheers craig , thought that myself but I'm not a total expert on them and with the company selling versions with the home button covered was wondering the limited uses for them with it covered , probably a security feature for commercial use

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4358 on: November 23, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »
You can actually create a virtual home button in settings/accessibility which gives a floating transparent on-screen control which takes the place of the home button.

Really ? Looking at my lads ipad mini now and can't see anything in accessibility , only mention of home button is to change click speed

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4359 on: November 23, 2015, 10:11:18 pm »
Really ? Looking at my lads ipad mini now and can't see anything in accessibility , only mention of home button is to change click speed

You need to enable AssistiveTouch.