Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4152000 times)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #67360 on: August 22, 2021, 12:08:26 pm »
Ugas didn't do anything special at all. Manny just seems to be about the pay days these days.
Shockingly, I’m going to disagree with you. I think if he was all about the pay days he would be fighting the Youtubers and making a shit load more money. He really ought to have retired by now, wonderful fighter through the years but for his own good I hope he calls it quits.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67361 on: August 22, 2021, 01:25:58 pm »
Pacman is finished even at the gatekeeper level. Time to hang them up but he needs money so expect him to carry on too.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67362 on: August 22, 2021, 05:11:46 pm »
Let him go out against a chinny come forward fighter with a 35-4 record.A great career like that doesnt deserve to end like this

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #67363 on: August 22, 2021, 06:26:53 pm »
Probably a good job he wasn’t in with Spence then
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #67364 on: August 22, 2021, 09:15:17 pm »
Probably a good job he wasn’t in with Spence then
Is right. All time great but time to hang them up

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67365 on: August 23, 2021, 09:56:52 am »
Let him go out against a chinny come forward fighter with a 35-4 record.A great career like that doesnt deserve to end like this
Amir Khan is 34-5 mate ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67366 on: August 23, 2021, 05:33:25 pm »
 ;D

In other news Joe Joyce has re-signed a multi-fight contract with Frankie boy. This time with added world title focus.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67367 on: August 25, 2021, 03:53:19 pm »
The Joshua v Usyk undercard revealed by Edwardo. Pretty decent compared to most these day.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67368 on: August 25, 2021, 05:12:36 pm »
That's a really good undercard

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67369 on: August 25, 2021, 06:30:37 pm »
You guys being serious?

That is a good undercard for a DAZN Saturday night. For a PPV it is mediocre at the very best.

Campbell Hatton must be getting paid a packet because he should be nowhere near this or any PPV.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #67370 on: August 25, 2021, 06:38:01 pm »
That's a really good undercard

What?! one fight is decentish because we don't know what Callum is going to be like.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67371 on: August 25, 2021, 06:45:55 pm »
I said decent mate, compared to what is usually served up these day it is.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67372 on: August 25, 2021, 07:07:23 pm »
All depends what you expect from the undercard. Loads of house fighters blasting away Latvians is about the best you can hope for.

Eddie Hearn has a habit of putting an absolute crowd killer on just before the main event so that's not a bad lineup by his standards.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67373 on: August 26, 2021, 09:01:43 pm »
Hallelujah! Praise Allah!

The WBA have scrapped all of their WBA 'interim' belts with immediate effect. The former holders (including Daniel Dubois at Heavyweight and Chris Eubank Jr at Middleweight) will now be ordered into final eliminators or as direct mandatories for the world champions.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67374 on: August 26, 2021, 10:31:19 pm »
Says something about the state of the WBA that I don't even know what that means. No more regular/super champions? Was it WBA that had the gold champions?

Who has got the champions emeritus, was that WBC?  And diamond champions?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67375 on: August 26, 2021, 10:32:57 pm »
 ;D

Diamond and Emeritus is WBC

Super and Regular is WBA

Interim is also WBA

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67376 on: August 26, 2021, 10:35:22 pm »
Ah ok. So WBA are now down to 2 champions instead of 3?

Step in the right direction I suppose ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67377 on: August 29, 2021, 03:17:13 pm »
Would be a great name to get on his CV if he could win against Broner.

Eddie Hearn has declared that he wants to make Adrien Broner vs Conor Benn in December or early next year.. [@IFLTV]

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #67378 on: August 29, 2021, 06:15:42 pm »
You guys being serious?

That is a good undercard for a DAZN Saturday night. For a PPV it is mediocre at the very best.

Campbell Hatton must be getting paid a packet because he should be nowhere near this or any PPV.
It is a shit undercard; not quite Frank Warren standard but not far off. Speaking of which, his card last night was shocking. As was the judging in the Maxwell vs Ennis Brown fight. Scrappy affair but I've no clue how Maxwell gets a UD when he barely hit his opponent.

Would be a great name to get on his CV if he could win against Broner.

Broner should give him rounds at least.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67379 on: August 30, 2021, 08:05:41 am »
1. Doubt Hearn can afford Broner because you are gonna have to put a 7 figure deal in his lap and can he justify that in a non world title fight
2. Broner would beat Benn

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67380 on: August 30, 2021, 09:14:36 am »
1. Doubt Hearn can afford Broner because you are gonna have to put a 7 figure deal in his lap and can he justify that in a non world title fight
2. Broner would beat Benn

It depends on whether Hearn rates Benn enough to give him such a high profile fight.

Having double checked Broner's record, I also think he could 'win' against Benn but whether he would get a decision on British soil is another matter. The UK is becoming one of the worst places for shit biased judging.

However, can Broner match Benn's desire? Will get up at 3am for long runs and kill it in the gym?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:17:25 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67381 on: August 30, 2021, 10:27:43 am »
Broner up at 147 is a waste of space. Benn will walk straight through him the same way he walks straight to the gym in his silk pyjamas every morning.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67382 on: August 30, 2021, 10:45:47 am »
Broner up at 147 is a waste of space. Benn will walk straight through him the same way he walks straight to the gym in his silk pyjamas every morning.
Broner has never been stopped (having lost only to Pacman, Porter, Maidana, and Garcia) and let's face it, Benn hasn't fought much so far in his career. I'd be surprised if he stopped Broner and like CB, I think he could struggle to win the fight.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67383 on: August 30, 2021, 10:49:27 am »
Broner has never been stopped (having lost only to Pacman, Porter, Maidana, and Garcia) and let's face it, Benn hasn't fought much so far in his career. I'd be surprised if he stopped Broner and like CB, I think he could struggle to win the fight.

I don't think you understand how hard Benn works mate. No one call tell you he doesn't work harder than anyone else, he crushes it, just like he'll crush Broner!

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67384 on: August 30, 2021, 11:06:21 am »
I don't think you understand how hard Benn works mate. No one call tell you he doesn't work harder than anyone else, he crushes it, just like he'll crush Broner!
;D He is the ATG when it comes to killing it in the gym.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67385 on: August 30, 2021, 11:23:32 am »
;D He is the ATG when it comes to killing it in the gym.

It'll be the difference whereas Broner, from previous experience, has earnt his silk pyjamas and has had much use of the silver spoon he's been able to afford.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67386 on: August 30, 2021, 02:47:01 pm »
He lost to the ghost of Paulie Malignaggi as well. He was a monster at 135, alright at 140 and is useless at 147.

Just think Broner is kind of tailor made to make Benn look good.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67387 on: August 30, 2021, 03:22:50 pm »
At Welterweight Broner is shite and fat.

If this was a Lightweight or Light Welter Broner I think he's got a much better chance. At 147 Connor has a good shot.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67388 on: August 30, 2021, 03:30:26 pm »
He lost to the ghost of Paulie Malignaggi as well. He was a monster at 135, alright at 140 and is useless at 147.

Just think Broner is kind of tailor made to make Benn look good.
It is probably a moot point since as CB said, it will require big money to get Broner in the ring. Benn will end up fighting some Estonian plumber or something.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67389 on: August 31, 2021, 09:59:59 pm »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67390 on: September 1, 2021, 12:25:50 pm »
Lara will punch him up again

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #67391 on: September 1, 2021, 12:33:00 pm »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67392 on: September 1, 2021, 03:21:57 pm »
SKY done a deal with Top Rank and BOXXER to take over from Matchroom

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12396517/sky-sports-announces-new-boxing-schedule-with-top-rank-and-boxxer
I had no idea who Boxxer were, but the first names in their announcement were Eubank Jr and Hughie Fury.  So that's nice I suppose...

At least Top Rank means Josh Taylor will be on TV over here.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67393 on: September 1, 2021, 03:31:26 pm »
RAWK Fite TV's loss is Boxxer's gain.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #67394 on: September 1, 2021, 11:11:49 pm »
Good documentary on Netflix about Christy Martin for those who remember her. Quite the life she’s had.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67395 on: September 1, 2021, 11:18:16 pm »
Dillian Whyte fighting on October 30th, opponent not yet announced. Hope it's Charles Martin.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #67396 on: September 1, 2021, 11:20:15 pm »
I don't know if this belongs in this thread or the circus one or the MMA one. It seems to be relevant to all of them.
But maximum respect to this dude. He has ethics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TduaaBtNHvc

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67397 on: September 1, 2021, 11:39:48 pm »
That's the circus thread mate but respect to him not taking the piss out of Boxing.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67398 on: September 2, 2021, 01:21:03 pm »
Look's like Josh will move up soon.

Josh Taylor: "My long-term goal now is to become a two-weight world champion and win a belt at welterweight. I believe I can beat these guys. Yordenis Ugas - I sparred with him and it went really well. I dropped him one time as well, so I'm pretty confident." [@SkySportsNews]

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67399 on: September 2, 2021, 01:57:44 pm »
Probably where the money fights are, but it seems like that step from 140-147 is always the hardest for some reason.