Author Topic: Brexit Burnley away Weds 19th 20:15  (Read 21759 times)

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Re: Brexit Burnley away Weds 19th 20:15
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2021, 09:54:47 am »
Is Klavan available for this one?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2021, 10:06:14 am »
Burnley are leading in the league with most successful aerial duels and also with the most unsuccessful aerial duels. In other words, lots of long balls and crosses to be expected.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2021, 11:18:44 am »
He played only 5 mins for Cagliari against Milan 2 days ago, so yeah he should be well rested.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2021, 11:50:24 am »
I would agree with that if it wasn't for the fact that they will have fans back in the stadium. Bound to give them a huge lift.
Whilst it would be nice to play a "team on the beach" that never really happens anymore.  They will be fired up just as they would have been had we played them a month ago.  The only difference is they may be a bit more open to being more attacking without the fear of losing and with their fans giving them an adrenalin kick.

With us having potentially 10 players out injured during this congested run of fixtures I don't think it's a bad fixture as Burnley run with probably the smallest senior squad in the Premier League.  I'd be disappointed if they out-ran us!

I was pleasantly surprised with how many good openings we made against West Brom even if our final ball and finishing was the same mediocre level it's been for most of the season.  I'm sure we'll create plenty against Burnley and they'll also get chances - they're not normally that clinical either so hopefully we'll see it through.  It would be a big bonus if Pope is still out.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2021, 11:51:01 am »
...and crosses to be expected.

Jesus wept.

That Gabriel aint that good in the air, see?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2021, 12:12:02 pm »
We had Shaq, Origi and Ox starting in this one last time...I remember that golden chance Origi missed to have us in the lead too

Matip was there with Fab in defence

27 shots and 6 on target...our home record run ended with their late pen

This time we won't have Matip but the heading machine that is Phillips, and I think maybe Fab again in defence....or Williams.
But Salah, Bobby and hopefully Milner too will make a difference this time.

Their tactics are already nailed on, there will be no surprises. I hope we don't waste chances and move the ball quicker near their box. We have improved in front of goal since our last game and are creating better chances but no room for slip-ups now, taking the lead I feel is vital here especially with the crowd in

2-1 to the reds
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2021, 01:26:00 pm »
So many stupid questions in today's presser

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2021, 01:28:07 pm »
Carl from AP is an absolute moron.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2021, 01:31:22 pm »
Diogo's injury looks much better and has a ''tiny chance'' for Sunday. Ox is back form illness. Naby not part of team training due to injury. MIlner will be back in training today, and may be involved tomorrow, but more likely for Sunday.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2021, 01:34:05 pm »
So many stupid questions in today's presser
someone asked if  getting injuries has helped the team gain momentum  :lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2021, 01:35:53 pm »
someone asked if  getting injuries has helped the team gain momentum  :lmao

Aye, that's Carl, the moron who asks stupid questions in every presser. It's shocking that these are professional journalists.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2021, 01:44:20 pm »
Diogo's injury looks much better and has a ''tiny chance'' for Sunday. Ox is back form illness. Naby not part of team training due to injury. MIlner will be back in training today, and may be involved tomorrow, but more likely for Sunday.

Tough team selection tomorrow. Does he stick with Rhys or put Fab back in defence? Without Milner/Henderson the midfield would basically be Thiago/Jones/Wijnaldum which doesn't give us a great deal of balance or defensive solidity, unless Wijnaldum really turns up. It's overly reliant on Thiago having another stormer, but Fabinho is key to giving him that platform.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2021, 01:50:13 pm »
Burnley are leading in the league with most successful aerial duels and also with the most unsuccessful aerial duels. In other words, lots of long balls and crosses to be expected.
Phillips and Williams are decent in the air, luckily for us the Burnley front 2 are not quick is where they would struggle, i think we can deal with their aerial bombardment, just have to win those 2nd balls around our penalty area.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »
Tough team selection tomorrow. Does he stick with Rhys or put Fab back in defence? Without Milner/Henderson the midfield would basically be Thiago/Jones/Wijnaldum which doesn't give us a great deal of balance or defensive solidity, unless Wijnaldum really turns up. It's overly reliant on Thiago having another stormer, but Fabinho is key to giving him that platform.

Got to stick with Rhys and keep Fab in the midfield.

Burnley aren't about pace, so we need stature in defence which Rhys and Phillips and let Fab protect and support.

Why change now?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2021, 02:05:18 pm »

Burnley aren't about pace, so we need stature in defence which Rhys and Phillips and let Fab protect and support.

Why change now?

WBA aren't about pace either but Kanu was one on one with Becker 3/4 times.

So it's something we have to be be mindful off, even if they aren't' speed merchants.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2021, 02:05:36 pm »

Why change now?

Yep - there's no perfect scenario but best choice is to keep our best available players in their best positions.  The 2 lads at the back are capable of managing Burnley (fingers crossed) but the game needs to be won by the guile and brilliance of the midfield and forwards.  Fab in midfield is a no brainer for me and enables Thiago to keep putting in the performances he has recently which is vital.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2021, 02:07:03 pm »
Why would you put Fab back there? Worried Rhys will get roughed up? Will be a tough game for him but prefer him facing that kind of challenge than another (Eze and Zaha worry me more)

Although I guess it will probably be a case of Burnley winning that first duel then trying to play in behind

Just think we have to stick with Rhys at this point. We've tried Fab at the back , we need him in mid

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2021, 02:13:35 pm »
The only lads that may help closing down runs if a ball goes over the top are our full backs as none of the central defenders or Fab have the pace to get back. Honestly we will give them chances like we have given every side lately but will hopefully shut them down and still have loads to spare to win this one. Thats the hope but we all know Liverpool never do it the easy way and Burnley will cause us issues. In recent years we have won the majority of games against them and if we had a full 11 we would be too good for them. Touch wood we can win this one with a few scares thrown in, 2-1 to us. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2021, 02:43:53 pm »
If Milner were fit then I reckon he would have put Fabinho back in defence. As he is not likely to be available then there is very little Klopp can do without emptying his whole bench of options.

Only change I see is Wijnaldum in for Jones. Gives us Jones and Shaqiri as our first options off the bench.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2021, 02:46:54 pm »
Has this Stoke few years ago feeling, when we needed a win to clinch the top4. Same from Bobby please!
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2021, 03:26:06 pm »
Has this Stoke few years ago feeling, when we needed a win to clinch the top4. Same from Bobby please!

Ben Woodburn to start then?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2021, 05:33:50 pm »
Why would you put Fab back there? Worried Rhys will get roughed up? Will be a tough game for him but prefer him facing that kind of challenge than another (Eze and Zaha worry me more)

Although I guess it will probably be a case of Burnley winning that first duel then trying to play in behind

Just think we have to stick with Rhys at this point. We've tried Fab at the back , we need him in mid

I don't think Phillips and Williams works well as a pairing.  We were all over the place defensively on Sunday and WBA are a similar kind of side to Burnley.

On balance i'd stick with it to keep Fabinho in midfield but consider changing if Milner is fit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2021, 09:37:51 pm »

ha ha great times :D

I was over us not being in the Champions League next season (but still wanted us to be in Europe) and I keep telling myself I'm content to be in the Europa League/conference. However, now the the prospect of being in the Champions League has reared it's head again and it's in our hands, I'm gonna keep trying not be gutted if we don't qualify. I'll be dead nervous for this one tomorrow but for now, I'm fine with us not qualifying.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2021, 09:48:53 pm »
Can Harvey Elliot get selected?

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2021, 10:01:31 pm »

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2021, 10:13:45 pm »
Just win, get the three points on the board and go into the final day in the top 4.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2021, 10:14:19 pm »
Just score fucking goals reds.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2021, 10:16:41 pm »
Any win please redmen

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2021, 10:16:58 pm »
Pls win.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2021, 10:38:10 pm »
If Milner were fit then I reckon he would have put Fabinho back in defence. As he is not likely to be available then there is very little Klopp can do without emptying his whole bench of options.

Only change I see is Wijnaldum in for Jones. Gives us Jones and Shaqiri as our first options off the bench.

Milner should be available no? Back in training.
YWNA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2021, 10:42:53 pm »

This would be his first training session since the injury. Just depends how he did today

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2021, 10:44:26 pm »

Klopp said that he was more likely to make Sunday.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2021, 10:44:55 pm »
Sadio Mane brace.... two second half goals (one off of a trash rebound and the other a through ball).

Wonder what kind of light rain will we get tomorrow? 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:46:32 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2021, 11:10:20 pm »
Just win.  :wave

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2021, 11:10:38 pm »
Interesting that Jota may be available for Palace. Could be crucial.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2021, 11:37:37 pm »
It's nice that we still have something to play for this season after a lot of struggles
The change is cast

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2021, 12:18:52 am »
Shitting it but appreciate the opportunity to be shitting it since I didn't think there would be anything to be shitting it about over the last couple of months. So I'm positively shitting it.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2021, 12:22:20 am »
We are Liverpool. We will twat these bastards.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2021, 12:36:15 am »
What's the clamour for Fab in defence, hes not exactly great in the air is he. Stick with the same CB pairing which has gotten us to where we are and keep Fab in his favourite position

Now lets twat the fuckers

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2021, 01:07:17 am »
Simple, if we cannot beat Burnley and Palace then we don't deserve the chance to play Real Madrid, Bayern, Atletico etc

I am not bothered about Palace at the moment, Burnley are always tough, we have to be tougher and cuter.
aarf, aarf, aarf.