Author Topic: Kostas Tsimikas  (Read 247534 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kostas Tsimikas
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2021, 11:09:59 am »
So far its been Kosta...
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2021, 11:15:43 am »
I’m not convinced he even exists.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2021, 11:33:10 am »
Probably still busy putting the finishing touches to the new Beastie Boys LP.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2021, 11:34:12 am »
Could it be that with our CBs mostly being young and inexperienced, Klopp has decided it's too risky to throw Kostas in at the same time as well?

Thought he looked pretty good in what I've seen of him for Greece and the bits he's done for us.
I suspect that is definitely the reason and alluded to it previously, take Robbo out and you have Trent as our most experienced defender.  Had Virgil been fit I suspect we would have seen a lot more of Kostas than we have done (which isn't much to be fair!).  Putting him in alongside the revolving door of centre backs we have had this season would have been very unfair and any mistakes he might make would have damaged his confidence and the manager's confidence in him
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2021, 11:54:26 am »
Yeah, I'm sure sitting on the bench for months on end, never playing a minute while the team is in shambles is doing wonders for his confidence.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2021, 11:56:52 am »
I suspect that is definitely the reason and alluded to it previously, take Robbo out and you have Trent as our most experienced defender.  Had Virgil been fit I suspect we would have seen a lot more of Kostas than we have done (which isn't much to be fair!).  Putting him in alongside the revolving door of centre backs we have had this season would have been very unfair and any mistakes he might make would have damaged his confidence and the manager's confidence in him

I'm pretty sure the manager is trying to rely on the core players who have done so well for us over the last 3/4 years, but I'm not sure its really helped with the likes of Gini, Robbo, Mane and Bobby having to try and play through their poor form without any sort of rest.

We've had a shithouse of a season for a variety of reasons, but I dont think we've helped ourselves with how we've used the squad.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2021, 11:58:29 am »
Interesting thing will be if we try to use him or others now. Do the likes of Keita, Tsimikas etc. get any football, or are they just written off until next season or just sold.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2021, 01:49:34 pm »
Interesting thing will be if we try to use him or others now. Do the likes of Keita, Tsimikas etc. get any football, or are they just written off until next season or just sold.

Whilst there’s a theoretical chance of top 4 I think Klopp will go with what he thinks is his strongest team.

Quite clear that Keita or Tsimikas are no where near consideration for the starting XI currently.

Who knows what the future holds for the likes of Tsimikas and Keita. Can easily see a scenario where both are part of next seasons squad. Equally I wouldn’t be surprised if both were sold this summer.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2021, 02:53:47 pm »
I think the problem is the injuries at CB have probably put Klopp off making any more changes to the back four.

I'm almost certain he'd have had more game-time had VVD and/or Gomez not been injured, especially considering Robertson's poor form in 2021.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2021, 05:17:37 pm »

We've had a shithouse of a season for a variety of reasons, but I dont think we've helped ourselves with how we've used the squad.
Agree, some strange decisions.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #530 on: April 27, 2021, 05:26:20 pm »
I'm pretty sure the manager is trying to rely on the core players who have done so well for us over the last 3/4 years, but I'm not sure its really helped with the likes of Gini, Robbo, Mane and Bobby having to try and play through their poor form without any sort of rest.

The way the season has been with no proper pre-season and a condensed schedule has hurt our usual way of operating.

Klopp isn't a manager who readily rotates (beyond the domestic cups). He'll give a player a rest here and there, but he operates on a pecking order. If you've earned the shirt then you stay in the team. If you haven't then you're not going to play. It's served us well previously but gone against us this year.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #531 on: April 27, 2021, 05:34:05 pm »
He basically missed the whole of the first half of the season through various injuries so has never had a chance to train properly and getup to speed. Then this second half has been a cluster fuck, where Robertson has been our only "senior" defender in some games. It's hard to slot him in in that situation.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2021, 06:40:53 pm »
How's Jamal Lewis been getting on?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2021, 06:45:39 pm »
He basically missed the whole of the first half of the season through various injuries so has never had a chance to train properly and getup to speed. Then this second half has been a cluster fuck, where Robertson has been our only "senior" defender in some games. It's hard to slot him in in that situation.

Nonsense. You don't take a year out of his career so he can train properly before you play him - this theory has been peddled a few times, and i can't fathom it. He's not some young kid, but a 10 million signing. 10+ million on our budget was pretty considerable. We may have to face the reality he is shite.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 06:53:41 pm by AmSeeker »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 27, 2021, 06:51:22 pm »
He's had at least 2 injuries that kept him out for a number of months. So that didn't help him either

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #535 on: April 27, 2021, 06:54:30 pm »
He's had at least 2 injuries that kept him out for a number of months. So that didn't help him either

Injuries or not, he has had periods when he has been fit. Why not throw him for a game or two to see what we have? To not play a single game is mind boggling.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #536 on: April 27, 2021, 06:55:27 pm »
How's Jamal Lewis been getting on?

Average. But a young british player, most likely will retain his value if not increase it. You'd have thought with better coaching than Bruce he'd progress more at a club like us.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #537 on: April 27, 2021, 06:56:17 pm »
Well we did start him in a CL game.  It was just completely meaningless and he got hurt along with Jota......

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: April 27, 2021, 07:56:32 pm »
Injuries or not, he has had periods when he has been fit. Why not throw him for a game or two to see what we have? To not play a single game is mind boggling.

Depends on how he's been in training.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #539 on: April 27, 2021, 08:02:22 pm »
Depends on how he's been in training.

So he's been training crap ?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 27, 2021, 10:23:00 pm »
Possibly not good enough, perhaps not doing what Klopp wants him to defensively, similar to how Robertson had to wait his turn when he got here. All in all who knows, we're playing guessing games. But if he isn't playing, it's probably a good reason given the coaching staff we have.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #541 on: April 28, 2021, 01:13:21 am »

Its really hard to train crap. there are very few successful crap whisperers.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 28, 2021, 02:29:51 pm »
I'm leaning towards keeping Tsimikas for another season, based on the idea that if the rest of our defence is more stable he might get more chances. Plus we have enough work to do elsewhere on the pitch. If nothing else, it will be much easier to drop him into Europa League matches (and I am not being facetious).

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #543 on: April 28, 2021, 02:50:32 pm »
Nonsense. You don't take a year out of his career so he can train properly before you play him - this theory has been peddled a few times, and i can't fathom it. He's not some young kid, but a 10 million signing. 10+ million on our budget was pretty considerable. We may have to face the reality he is shite.

He hasn't been injured?

Who told you that?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2021, 11:24:52 am »
We have absolutely fuck all to lose bar a europa spot. Play him if he is fit, along with Ben Davies. Really would do their confidence some good to get some minutes in with the pressure more or less off.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2021, 12:28:54 pm »
Never got the feeling Klopp rates him all that much. Remember him playing against Atalanta and Klopp was going mental at him the whole first half.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: May 20, 2021, 01:13:54 pm »
We all saw him come on against Burnley, right?!

We have absolutely fuck all to lose bar a europa spot. Play him if he is fit, along with Ben Davies. Really would do their confidence some good to get some minutes in with the pressure more or less off.
Hindsight! To be fair, we were probably all thinking the same thing.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: May 20, 2021, 04:17:20 pm »
Great cameo.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #548 on: May 20, 2021, 07:32:02 pm »
Unless there are some personal issues and he just hasn’t settled here, I’d hope he will stick around so we do see what he can do, it’s just been such a wierd season for him and the whole team. 

First of all I think he missed time with covid, then he got injured and was out for a while, so that set him back a lot. We all know how much emphasis Klopp puts on some new players sometimes needing a lot of time to learn in training, so there’s that coupled with less training time cos of the often condensed fixture list.  Then there is that even bigger problem - the fact we used about 20 central defensive partnerships all season and have been without senior centre halves for months. And that put such an added strain on the full-backs, so maybe throwing in a new one was just not a step the boss wanted to take - heck we know by now how much emphasis he puts on trust. He said recently how Trent for instance has had to change to become an organiser in defense now, there probably could not have been a worse season to bed in a new full-back.

So anyway, I’m not giving up on Kostas either, unless he wants out  :P

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #549 on: May 20, 2021, 08:06:02 pm »
Then there is that even bigger problem - the fact we used about 20 central defensive partnerships all season and have been without senior centre halves for months. And that put such an added strain on the full-backs, so maybe throwing in a new one was just not a step the boss wanted to take - heck we know by now how much emphasis he puts on trust. He said recently how Trent for instance has had to change to become an organiser in defense now, there probably could not have been a worse season to bed in a new full-back.

I think this is something people underestimate when talking about Tsimikas and why he hasn't featured much. We've had so much turmoil in defense, with so many different CB partnerships, that it makes sense for Jurgen to cling on to some constancy with the fullbacks. Next season (injury permitting) should give us a much clearer picture not just on Tsimikas, but other squad players as well.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: May 20, 2021, 08:06:41 pm »
I think in a season where there has been such upheaval at the back, Klopp has been fortunate to have one guy who has been steady through it all in Robbo. Unfortunately that has meant pretty limited opportunity for Tsimikas. I'm sure next season he will get more chances to show what he can do.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2021, 01:40:29 am »
Only pre-season but played well yesterday and looked on it. Hopefully will contribute this season, now he's not injured/covided.

So much utter shite talked in this thread since he joined
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:12 am »
Only pre-season but played well yesterday and looked on it. Hopefully will contribute this season, now he's not injured/covided.

So much utter shite talked in this thread since he joined

Pretty much this.

Last season is history. No point speculating about the past. It's a new season. To some extent, every player starts with a clean slate. If they get into top shape and apply themselves well and can impress the manager then they will stake a claim to play. If they don't, they won't. Kostas has every chance to utilise the pre-season and be in the best possible condition to be starting games when the league starts again. Hopefully he can stay fit and take the chance with both hands because we could do with a bit of depth in the fullback positions.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2021, 11:32:38 am »
Done well for the goal yesterday, hopefully he gets a few more games under his belt in pre-season as a platform.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: July 21, 2021, 11:45:46 am »
The thing is at the start of last season, Klopp was using him fairly frequently either in cup games or for random sub appearances. I've liked him whenever I've seen him play, seems fairly attacking and pacey. Like others have speculated, I think it's more down to the fact we needed consistency with the full backs due to the CB injury crisis. Hope we see more of him this season.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: August 6, 2021, 08:55:15 am »
Looked good again yesterday.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #556 on: August 6, 2021, 09:09:14 am »
Looked good again yesterday.

If he can stay fit there’s a good chance he can do well, but you can’t judge much on yesterday. Bologna offered nothing going forward and we had all day on the ball.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #557 on: August 6, 2021, 09:44:49 am »
We haven't seen any shortcomings yet due to the average opposition but at least we are seeing the quality of his delivery. Another peach of a cross to Firmino, wasn't a hit it hard and see, he placed that perfectly.

Shame it didn't translate to another preseason assist. Anyone else would have buried the chance.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: August 6, 2021, 09:49:37 am »
Hoping he stays fit and gets some chances, reminds me a lot of Robbo in how he plays both going forward and defending

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: August 6, 2021, 11:38:04 am »
We haven't seen any shortcomings yet due to the average opposition but at least we are seeing the quality of his delivery. Another peach of a cross to Firmino, wasn't a hit it hard and see, he placed that perfectly.

Shame it didn't translate to another preseason assist. Anyone else would have buried the chance.

No need for the dig at Bobby at the end there. Diogo shouldered one wide from a similar cross by Trent and missed another header. Mo hit the bar from bang in front of goal on his left foot.