Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 167941 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1280 on: May 5, 2021, 09:04:00 pm »
im 30 been a fan since I was 6.

It is the hardest season I have watched for a number of reasons people have mentioned.
We all know the circumstances.
But in crucial moments this team this season has let itself down.
City at home.Everton at home,Leicester away, Real 1st leg after you think they are coming back,Newcastle at home.

This is the complete opposite of the past 3 seasons.

I hope a fresh start next season we can improve quite a bit. But it so hard to call what will happen.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: May 5, 2021, 09:53:58 pm »
It has been a terrible season but last year was one of the worst years we experienced and may ever experience but the Reds were always a joy to watch, and VAR, Man City and no fans existed in that context as well.

I think a lot of people talking about packing it in are allowing a shite situation to be compounded because frankly our mood is determined by the team. People even talked about Hodgson and Rafa’s final year not being as bad which doesnt really compared.

Rafas final year was the absolute worst, the feeling that we were at the end of an era with the added bonus of an underlying issue of the club going bust is hard to top.

Still there was no VAR so I guess its much of muchness.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: May 5, 2021, 09:56:02 pm »
Think I’m very close to be doing with this whole charade. The game’s become a joke

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1283 on: May 5, 2021, 09:56:54 pm »
:D

Its not. Been a tough one though hasnt it Rich? The only bright note is seeing a worthy champion like Man City, who I'm sure we all respect ;)

::)

;)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1284 on: May 5, 2021, 10:23:35 pm »
Rafas final year was the absolute worst, the feeling that we were at the end of an era with the added bonus of an underlying issue of the club going bust is hard to top.

Still there was no VAR so I guess its much of muchness.

It was hard going more for the shit going on off the pitch.

Even that season we had a derby win at Goodison, the United win at Anfield with the N'Gog goal at the end (shades of Salah last season).  The last second Torres winner at Villa Park (scenes). The welcome the players/Rafa got before Spurs for a night game, before we  battered them. Come backs at Anfield to beat Lille and Benfica and reach the EL semi. Very similar bittersweet night at Anfield to the Atleti game last season in the semi.

In a shit season there was still enjoyable games and moments. When we scored you could still celebrate. It's nothing like this now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: May 5, 2021, 10:26:20 pm »
It was hard going more for the shit going on off the pitch.

Even that season we had a derby win at Goodison, the United win at Anfield with the N'Gog goal at the end (shades of Salah last season).  The last second Torres winner at Villa Park (scenes). The welcome the players/Rafa got before Spurs for a night game, before we  battered them. Come backs at Anfield to beat Lille and Benfica and reach the EL semi. Very similar bittersweet night at Anfield to the Atleti game last season.

In a shit season there was still enjoyable games and moments. When we scored you could still celebrate. It's nothing like this now.

The club was in a mess. Rafa was struggling, issues off the field, players left and wanted to leave, it was bleak. For all the issues we have, we have an amazing squad, won the league last year, even with the owners being c*nts we are still healthy off the field and have the best manager we have had since Kenny.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1286 on: May 5, 2021, 10:32:06 pm »
Not enjoying it at all.

Nothing to do with us winning or losing. Nothing to do with the Cup Finalists. Nothing to do with the media or shite.

I'm not enjoying it because, as sad as it sounds, I set my body clock for football.

I know when all the games are on, I know when we play, I know when exciting games come up, I arrange to meet my mates and we have a laugh, we agree, we shout, we argue, we laugh and we enjoy shit.

I know when I go to the game I meet my mates at the pub and we chat shit, I know when I get to the ground I see my other mates there and afterwards I meet with my mates and we talk shite and laugh and moan and laugh again then go to town.

We meet up in the pubs for away games (All too lazy/old now to go to all od them though we could) and we laugh and shout and cry again.

I don't enjoy it now because a bunch of lads kicking the ball about on the pitch is such a small part of football. This is what Sky don't get this is what the media now don't get.

You see it when I have been friends with people on Facebook for 20 years and they FINALLY get to Anfield and they FINALLY meet their mates and they see the game and see the City and they see the love and they feel the togetherness.

That's what I miss.

Sounds mad, but football is just a small part of being a fan of being there of loving it.

I hope we get back there soon.

My body clock stopped. I have no idea of who is where when because without my friends making it tick, it's nothing
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1287 on: May 5, 2021, 10:40:06 pm »
Not enjoying it at all.

Nothing to do with us winning or losing. Nothing to do with the Cup Finalists. Nothing to do with the media or shite.

I'm not enjoying it because, as sad as it sounds, I set my body clock for football.

I know when all the games are on, I know when we play, I know when exciting games come up, I arrange to meet my mates and we have a laugh, we agree, we shout, we argue, we laugh and we enjoy shit.

I know when I go to the game I meet my mates at the pub and we chat shit, I know when I get to the ground I see my other mates there and afterwards I meet with my mates and we talk shite and laugh and moan and laugh again then go to town.

We meet up in the pubs for away games (All too lazy/old now to go to all od them though we could) and we laugh and shout and cry again.

I don't enjoy it now because a bunch of lads kicking the ball about on the pitch is such a small part of football. This is what Sky don't get this is what the media now don't get.

You see it when I have been friends with people on Facebook for 20 years and they FINALLY get to Anfield and they FINALLY meet their mates and they see the game and see the City and they see the love and they feel the togetherness.

That's what I miss.

Sounds mad, but football is just a small part of being a fan of being there of loving it.

I hope we get back there soon.

My body clock stopped. I have no idea of who is where when because without my friends making it tick, it's nothing

It's a good point that the match itself is just one part of it and the rest has been taken away with Covid this season. And the match part of it has been taken away from us with VAR.

At least fans are starting to mobilise.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: May 5, 2021, 10:49:48 pm »
A lot of that is because of the on field stuff. VAR was here in 19/20 and it didn’t make most pack it in.

Maybe. We'll see next year I guess. Maybe.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: May 5, 2021, 11:17:39 pm »
You'd have to be insane to enjoy this season.

Says a lot for me that the best bit was the 48 hours when we got Thiago and Jota. Felt that was us adding quality to an already title winning squad and we'd go from strength to strength.

Then Villa happened. Then Everton happened. And even then we fought on despite massive setbacks only to crumble at the turn of the year. Everything went to shit scarily quick.

Sounds downbeat but I'm not optimistic we'll recover to our previous levels next season even with some of our best returning. Think it will take another monumental effort to displace Man City. With Klopp we'll always have a chance but I fear due to the massive psychological beating we've taken the last 8 months.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: May 5, 2021, 11:21:51 pm »
No I feel like getting a season ticket for Chester.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1291 on: May 5, 2021, 11:33:50 pm »
I am not enjoying it but just sucking it up. It is seasons like this that make the last two so special.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1292 on: May 5, 2021, 11:36:24 pm »
No I feel like getting a season ticket for Chester.

Don't blame you. When you see things like this.

Chester FC and Bury AFC will come together later this year for a special fundraising match for both fan-owned clubs.

The Blues are in their 10th year since reforming as a phoenix club under fan ownership with today, March 10, marking a decade since Chester City FC was wound up in the High Court.

A special club event will take place at the 1885 Arena on Friday, May 15 (kick off 7.30pm) which will see a Chester All Star side take on a Bury Legends team for a clash that will raise funds for both clubs.

The event will be a celebration of Chester's decade since reformation alongside their support of Bury fans' attempts to secure football for next season after the Shakers were expelled from the EFL at the start of this season owing to financial difficulties under owner Steve Dale.

While the original Bury has yet to be wound up Shakers fans have already thrown their support behind a phoenix club, the hope being they will be able to start the season in August.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: May 6, 2021, 02:25:11 am »
Yes  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1294 on: May 6, 2021, 02:26:23 am »
Yes  ;D
You've been drinking, haven't you?  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1295 on: May 15, 2021, 07:25:28 pm »
I just watched a team I don’t support score a goal and a loud roar followed then a sizeable crowd went nuts. And for the first time this season, I ‘enjoyed’ watching a match. God I’ve missed it.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #1296 on: May 15, 2021, 07:28:47 pm »
I just watched a team I don’t support score a goal and a loud roar followed then a sizeable crowd went nuts. And for the first time this season, I ‘enjoyed’ watching a match. God I’ve missed it.

VAR ruined it for many again though.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: May 16, 2021, 06:33:54 pm »

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: May 16, 2021, 06:41:51 pm »
This past week something has clicked back into gear for me.

Utd game, a proper FA cup final with fans, Allison last min header... just a slight shift this last week that’s made me remember how fun and mad football can be.

It’s starting to feel proper again.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: May 16, 2021, 06:47:25 pm »

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1300 on: May 16, 2021, 07:10:40 pm »
I’ve just forgotten the whole season in one header

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: May 16, 2021, 07:17:57 pm »

This.

Weirdly, although we’ve won cups an a league, that’s the most screaming and celebrating I’ve done since the Barca game.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: May 16, 2021, 07:18:48 pm »

It's been the best thing in football in almost a year.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: May 16, 2021, 07:20:37 pm »
Not been a lot of good memories this season but that's easily the best.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: May 16, 2021, 07:36:56 pm »
YES

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: May 16, 2021, 09:07:52 pm »
After all the shite with injuries, COVID and VAR this season, your goalkeeper scoring an injury time bullet header is a reminder of the pure joy of footy

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1306 on: May 16, 2021, 10:28:02 pm »
I've barely enjoyed a second of it, even when we were top and still in Europe, but yeah, to be honest that was fucking great
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1307 on: May 16, 2021, 10:30:39 pm »
The last two games have been alright like.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: May 16, 2021, 10:35:22 pm »
After all the shite with injuries, COVID and VAR this season, your goalkeeper scoring an injury time bullet header is a reminder of the pure joy of footy

Just when I thought I was out.....
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1309 on: May 16, 2021, 10:39:28 pm »

Couldn’t agree more!

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: May 16, 2021, 11:00:25 pm »

Ha ha  ;D

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1311 on: May 16, 2021, 11:21:38 pm »
Bobby's full-pitch run to celebrate in front of the supporters on the Kop and the breakaway/big-passes goal against West Ham were a couple of nice reminders of what we're really about.  Not quite silver-linings, but nice moments nonetheless.

I'll also add that - whilst confidence is clearly shot - the players do seem genuinely delighted & supported of one another on the goods days (the recent 'run' and the Spurs & West Ham back-to-backs as examples).

I know it's not much...

Adding Thursday and Ali's goal to this of course.  Memorable & enjoyable, whatever happens.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: May 16, 2021, 11:25:45 pm »
Adding Thursday and Ali's goal to this of course.  Memorable & enjoyable, whatever happens.

Those moments are what’s great about football. Enjoying the ride. We’ve been spoilt with success last few years and this seasons been awful for a multitude of reasons but we’ve had our moments  ;D

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1313 on: May 17, 2021, 12:06:43 am »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1314 on: May 17, 2021, 10:27:19 pm »
I'm so fuckin shallow. We start winning and scoring, and I ... ENJOY IT AGAIN

Fuck VAR tho

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1315 on: May 18, 2021, 12:05:26 am »
Two moments I have really enjoyed (Spurs - Firmino GW & Baggies - Becker GW-- the rest has been a grind

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1316 on: May 23, 2021, 08:09:53 pm »
YES

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1317 on: May 23, 2021, 08:12:17 pm »
Well of course.

I hope all the twats in this thread who said they weren't are hanging their heads in shame right about now.

I certainly am. It was mostly me to be fair  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1318 on: May 23, 2021, 08:23:36 pm »
Well, I'm sticking to my guns on this. The season has been an unenjoyable horror show, but I will accept that the past month has put a rather fetching shade of lipstick on the pig.

As a whole though. The least enjoyable football season in history. No amount of hasty revisionism will change that for me.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: May 23, 2021, 08:25:03 pm »
Well, I'm sticking to my guns on this. The season has been an unenjoyable horror show, but I will accept that the past month has put a rather fetching shade of lipstick on the pig.

As a whole though. The least enjoyable football season in history.

Agreed. Delighted we finished in top 4 so we can pretend this entire farce never happened.