Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 224122 times)

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #1120 on: July 20, 2021, 11:46:02 am »
Bye Marko, we'll always have pre season  :)
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #1121 on: July 20, 2021, 11:46:12 am »
Feel bad for Grujic as he never really got a proper chance. Seemed like a decent enough player and Porto seems like a good long term move for him. I'm not a fan of us keeping hold of players for years just to keep loaning them out and preventing them from settling anywhere but hopefully Grujic should be able to kick on now.

Think we paid around 2-3 million for him so 10 mil is a decent return.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1122 on: July 20, 2021, 11:49:53 am »
He peaked that night

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_E77xOngg3E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_E77xOngg3E</a>

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1123 on: July 20, 2021, 11:51:54 am »
Porto now apparently saying it's loan with an option to buy  :o
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: July 20, 2021, 12:16:13 pm »
Sretno Marko sve najbolje

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1125 on: July 20, 2021, 12:16:56 pm »
Porto now apparently saying it's loan with an option to buy  :o

From their website via Google translate
Serbian international midfielder, 25, arrives at Invicta on loan from Liverpool with an option to buy
Marko Grujic is back at FC Porto and is the latest addition to the squad led by Sérgio Conceição. The 25-year-old Serbian international midfielder joins Invicta on loan from Liverpool, as he did last season, but now with an option to buy. In 2020/21, Marko Grujic was in 39 games and scored two goals from Dragão to the chest. As soon as he landed at Invicta, the midfielder revealed to be “very happy” to go back to wearing blue and white and guaranteed that he did “all he could” to return to FC Porto, the club he wants to be champion of, but not only: “ Our first big goal is to win the championship. We know how much this means for our fans, but we will also fight for all the other trophies”, said Marko Grujic, who will use the number 16 again.

???
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1126 on: July 20, 2021, 12:17:24 pm »
My guess is w/ obligation to buy. They wouldn't have loaned him this early in the window you wouldn't think, especially when he's one they did want to move on for a fee
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Kemlynite
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
« Reply #1127 on: July 20, 2021, 12:20:17 pm »
Pleased for Marko, mainly because he seemed to have his heart set on Porto and they had their heart set on him. We probably could have got £1-2m more from another club, but if we have a buyback clause it makes sense to sell him to a club he wants to go to. That way, if he turns out to be Messi Mk2 and we want him back as part of that clause, he's going to be more likely to be happy coming back as we helped him out.
"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: July 20, 2021, 12:44:23 pm »
Good luck to him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: July 20, 2021, 01:07:32 pm »
Solid midfielder who didn't really get a chance at LFC but I suspect he wasn't good enough anyway. At 25, for a central midfielder, he needs to be playing every week and he'll want to cement himself a regular position in that team as well as in the national team. The Serbian team have an OK chance at qualifying for the World Cup and do have a few decent players here and there. All the best to him.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1130 on: July 20, 2021, 01:25:58 pm »
Good luck Marko  :scarf

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1131 on: July 20, 2021, 01:40:57 pm »
Rated him very highly..could’ve done a job at a big club. He’ll be one to progress with regular game time

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: July 20, 2021, 01:40:58 pm »