Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606999 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #25760 on: August 2, 2021, 11:31:52 am »
Haven't Villa already been spending the Grealish money in anticipation for his departure?
Almost 100% certainly. Buendia for £30m+, Bailey for £30m+ and similarly going after Smith-Rowe at a similar price point and still mulling over Ward-Prowse bids too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25761 on: August 2, 2021, 11:32:37 am »
If I was a Spurs fan Id be gutted right now, waking up to find out Harry was never "one of our own"

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25762 on: August 2, 2021, 11:34:27 am »
That will show Levy  ;D

Levy should fail to turn up for any talks with Kane.

And then follow it up with a simple text saying 'Two can play that game, Harold. Lolz'

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25763 on: August 2, 2021, 11:34:33 am »
If I was a Spurs fan Id be gutted right now, waking up to find out Harry was never "one of our own"

He was one of your own as a kid, wasn't he? I'm not sure I'd be claiming ownership if I was you either
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25764 on: August 2, 2021, 11:37:47 am »
Obviously doest like the new kit.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25765 on: August 2, 2021, 11:40:07 am »
He was one of your own as a kid, wasn't he? I'm not sure I'd be claiming ownership if I was you either

Don't give Levy any ideas, he'll be suing for damages for bringing up someone else's kid.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25766 on: August 2, 2021, 11:41:18 am »
Harry Kane’s gone missing?

Now where have I heard that before…

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25767 on: August 2, 2021, 11:42:13 am »
Man City must be off their trolley. He's injured a lot, not a spring chicken and just his face would wind me up to the point I'd want to leave. Of all the players to spend 100m on for the first time.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #25768 on: August 2, 2021, 11:42:37 am »
Weird... all the journos told me a month ago he 'wasn't the type' to force his way out the club...........

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25769 on: August 2, 2021, 11:44:36 am »
Man City must be off their trolley. He's injured a lot, not a spring chicken and just his face would wind me up to the point I'd want to leave. Of all the players to spend 100m on for the first time.

His injuries seem to come about through being overplayed to be fair, with proper rotation I doubt he'd have as many issues. Granted, being overplayed seems like mostly his own fault as he's the kind of player to be demanding it (remember when he declared himself fit for the CL final after not playing for weeks?), but I doubt he'll get overplayed at City given how much they spend on attackers.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #25770 on: August 2, 2021, 11:44:36 am »

Someone I know who is a big Spurs fan and is a bit of ITK when it comes to them , said there is not a chance on this earth that he goes for anything under 150 million
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25771 on: August 2, 2021, 11:46:23 am »
Someone I know who is a big Spurs fan and is a bit of ITK when it comes to them , said there is not a chance on this earth that he goes for anything under 150 million

They'd be mental to go near him at that price. You can pick whatever player you want in Europe for that pretty much. I know money is no object, but get yourself Haaland instead.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25772 on: August 2, 2021, 11:47:10 am »
Its all one big misunderstanding.

Someone told Kane its the final day of his holiday, he just heard the word final and disappeared, as usual.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #25773 on: August 2, 2021, 12:00:17 pm »

I think its more realistic to expect them to get 100m, someone like Laporte/Ake and then the pick of two or three younger players from their academy (that will never get a game for the current first team).

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #25774 on: August 2, 2021, 12:02:50 pm »
Its all one big misunderstanding.

Someone told Kane its the final day of his holiday, he just heard the word final and disappeared, as usual.

:D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25775 on: August 2, 2021, 12:03:14 pm »
I think its more realistic to expect them to get 100m, someone like Laporte/Ake and then the pick of two or three younger players from their academy (that will never get a game for the current first team).
If they got £100m cash and someone like a Laporte, Ake, Silva or Sterling as well, it would be the steal of the century. They'd be stupid not to go for something like that. Whether any of that list (with the exception of maybe Ake) could be convinced to move to Spurs is a different matter entirely.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #25776 on: August 2, 2021, 12:07:50 pm »

Why would you sell you're star player and England captain for 100 million and some players that you probably don't want

Levy has the upper hand in all this so he won't be doing anything cheap and if he has in fact not turned up to training today it will only push his price up
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25777 on: August 2, 2021, 12:10:51 pm »
They've still got huge gaps in their squad so its a chance to plug some holes (struggling to get deals done for Romero and Koundé for starters), and with Kane's age he will never be as valuable as he is now if they want to sell as there's no way he's signing another deal.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25778 on: August 2, 2021, 12:11:41 pm »
If they got £100m cash and someone like a Laporte, Ake, Silva or Sterling as well, it would be the steal of the century. They'd be stupid not to go for something like that. Whether any of that list (with the exception of maybe Ake) could be convinced to move to Spurs is a different matter entirely.
There was a report after the CL final loss that quite a few squad players are willing to leave for some consistency but they are aware their wages are too high for most other clubs to pay. Its a way out at least.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #25779 on: August 2, 2021, 12:14:11 pm »
They've still got huge gaps in their squad so its a chance to plug some holes (struggling to get deals done for Romero and Koundé for starters), and with Kane's age he will never be as valuable as he is now if they want to sell as there's no way he's signing another deal.

He has 3 years on his deal and all we have heard all summer is how desperate City are to get him , plus you have two other clubs in this country who want him so he won't be going anywhere cheap

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25780 on: August 2, 2021, 12:14:16 pm »
He's one of their own
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25781 on: August 2, 2021, 12:21:22 pm »

They could knock 10% off the stadium cost and replace Kane with a younger player like Sterling for free if he was part of the deal. One challenge is Sterling is on £300k and Kane on £200k. Naturally, Kane would want a bump to stay.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25782 on: August 2, 2021, 12:25:52 pm »
He has 3 years on his deal and all we have heard all summer is how desperate City are to get him , plus you have two other clubs in this country who want him so he won't be going anywhere cheap
It was always stupid to sign the 6 year deal when he did. Levy doesn't let people go who he wants at the club.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25783 on: August 2, 2021, 12:27:19 pm »
See I would argue the opposite, Gerrard being a local fan and having won everything but the PL is probably why he didn't want to move, certainly later on as he wanted to finish the job with us

He also said it wouldn't mean the same if he won it at Chelsea, no-one would have given a shit/wanted to talk about it/see the medal.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25784 on: August 2, 2021, 12:30:27 pm »

England captain, all a part of the great sportswash project. £150m is fuck all to someone with a personal fortune of £17 billion and a family wealth in the hundreds of billions,
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25785 on: August 2, 2021, 12:32:54 pm »
It was always stupid to sign the 6 year deal when he did. Levy doesn't let people go who he wants at the club.
Not without some real pain on the side of the buying club and the player's reps. See Carrick, Michael; Modric, Luka and Berbatov, Dimitar.

They could knock 10% off the stadium cost and replace Kane with a younger player like Sterling for free if he was part of the deal. One challenge is Sterling is on £300k and Kane on £200k. Naturally, Kane would want a bump to stay.
Yeah they'd be mad no to go for something like that, but I really can't see any of those players taking a move to Spurs. Osiris has mentioned some may want more consistency (which is fair, and to get away from Guardiola who is batshit crazy and a touch inhuman) but they won't sacrifice wages or top European football for that, you wouldn't think, which narrows their opportunities to leave that much more.

Levy would be equally mad to turn down a bid of around €120m for Kane, but he's shown he doesn't actually understand football all that well. He's basically the living embodiment of a TalkSport phone-in caller when it comes to actual football knowledge. He's a successful businessman who knows how to strike a deal and seek commercial opportunities. He's not a football man.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25786 on: August 2, 2021, 12:36:58 pm »
Bernardo Silva is a Mendes client, so that could be an easy sell to go and work with Nuno.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25787 on: August 2, 2021, 12:41:58 pm »
There could actually be a valid reason. Like hes bigger than the club.

You are naughty  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25788 on: August 2, 2021, 12:51:39 pm »
England captain, all a part of the great sportswash project. £150m is fuck all to someone with a personal fortune of £17 billion and a family wealth in the hundreds of billions,

and for someone apparently injured a lot, he does actually play a lot of games!

At Abu Dhabi, he’d not start every single game anyway, probably be a situation that suits someone with a bad ankle and would extend his career. He’s still one of the absolute best goal scorers around, and for a club that openly cheats the system, and with a bottomless pit of cash, why wouldn’t they go for him. 

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25789 on: August 2, 2021, 01:01:34 pm »
Levy would be equally mad to turn down a bid of around €120m for Kane, but he's shown he doesn't actually understand football all that well. He's basically the living embodiment of a TalkSport phone-in caller when it comes to actual football knowledge. He's a successful businessman who knows how to strike a deal and seek commercial opportunities. He's not a football man.
In this scenario though Levy is just the man you'd want.  Levy has no romantic football attachment to Kane as the youth team graduate and England captain, he's just an asset on spreadsheet.  Levy won't give a toss if selling Kane upsets the fans as he knows it will be a temporary situation but paying down 10% of the stadium costs is a long-term benefit.

As Levy sees it Spurs aren't at the stage where they're going to be competing for trophies so why spend £200k/week on an asset whose value dwindles week after week?  For the fans with Kane on the back of their shirts it matters but there's nothing Kane can do in a Spurs shirt that would bring the same economic boost as simply selling him would (nor, realistically, does him being there make any meaningful difference to them winning a trophy right now - it's the difference between naff all and sod all).

I'd say it's almost a given that Kane will go to Man City, it's just a question of how much Levy can extract from Abu Dhabi.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25790 on: August 2, 2021, 01:42:27 pm »
If it's true and he's agitating for a move he's an absolute twat.

Only ever been out for himself.

Cowardly move, no class. Good fit for Manchester City. Hope Levy ties them up forever in litigation.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #25791 on: August 2, 2021, 01:46:08 pm »
As much as £100 million for Kane seems like a massive number, realistically it couldn't be any lower. Elite goalscorer, England captain, not too old, media darling. You aren't getting him for £70 million or so, don't be daft. It is the right figure, you can think that and still think City are a bit nuts for paying it. It is just one of those things.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25792 on: August 2, 2021, 01:47:34 pm »
I could see Levy playing hardball here. Have Spurs signed anyone this transfer season?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25793 on: August 2, 2021, 01:47:46 pm »
I wonder how the English media will try an spin this positively about Sir Harold.  ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #25794 on: August 2, 2021, 01:49:06 pm »
I wonder how the English media will try an spin this positively about Sir Harold.  ;D

Rio Ferdinand just Tweeted about it, paraphrasing a bit but he basically said that if it was Paul Pogba doing this there would be a search party out for him and helicopters circling for him. He didn't say it was right for Kane to do it, but just pointing out the hypocrisy. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25795 on: August 2, 2021, 01:50:38 pm »
As much as £100 million for Kane seems like a massive number, realistically it couldn't be any lower. Elite goalscorer, England captain, not too old, media darling. You aren't getting him for £70 million or so, don't be daft. It is the right figure, you can think that and still think City are a bit nuts for paying it. It is just one of those things.

The England captain, media darling bit is why they think it's a sane move. The project they're invested in is washing the blood stains and human rights violations from the image of UAE.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25796 on: August 2, 2021, 01:50:40 pm »
Bernardo Silva is a Mendes client, so that could be an easy sell to go and work with Nuno.
Very true. It's weird, I get the feeling that Mendes clients (in the main, a few notable exceptions like Ronaldo and Mourinho) do what he tells them to and goes where he wants them to.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #25797 on: August 2, 2021, 01:57:46 pm »
Can’t believe he doesn’t want to play Pacos de Ferreira or Larne in a Europa Conference qualifier.
AHA!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25798 on: August 2, 2021, 02:05:59 pm »
Can’t believe he doesn’t want to play Pacos de Ferreira or Larne in a Europa Conference qualifier.

Larne would probably give them a good game
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25799 on: August 2, 2021, 02:07:41 pm »
Very true. It's weird, I get the feeling that Mendes clients (in the main, a few notable exceptions like Ronaldo and Mourinho) do what he tells them to and goes where he wants them to.

Without wanting to get too off topic here, unless you are an Elite player/Manager who could have their pick of clubs and wages your chances of winning silverware rests on a move to an ever decreasing circle of clubs. As the sport moves even further to Haves and Have Nots, we're in this strange situation where even teams in the top 20 richest clubs in the world aren't guaranteed trophies...or even a sniff of one. Most of the Premier League fall in the top 30 at least and apart from maybe half a dozen (at best) they don't have a hope in hell. So if you can't win trophies by getting a move to one of those clubs, is it a surprise when you go with a agent who says "Do what I tell you to do and you'll make a fortune"?

If you make enough money, save/invest it properly and don't go too extravagant, you can probably ensure your kids don't have to work if they don't want to. You might be a pawn for Mendes to play with and sometimes go somewhere you don't fancy but I imagine many players might think it's worth it.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2021, 02:11:47 pm by davidlpool1982 »