Author Topic: The Life and teams of LFC  (Read 26859 times)

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Life and teams of LFC
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »
Cracking post that, thank you.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 12:40:55 pm »
Cracking post that, thank you.

cheers lad - 2000 views and 40 posts I'm thinking it  was a bit wordy meself :)
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:12 pm »
Loved that. Sent it to my good friend who's a history/sociological buff and my gf who I'm introducing to football in general and the club in particular. They really enjoyed it and found it to be highly interesting, even as outsiders who know little about the sport and club

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 10:48:13 am »
Loved that. Sent it to my good friend who's a history/sociological buff and my gf who I'm introducing to football in general and the club in particular. They really enjoyed it and found it to be highly interesting, even as outsiders who know little about the sport and club

brilliant - thanks for that
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

Offline bluelady13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 02:37:01 pm »
Honestly, one of the most well written and insightful articles I've read. Cheers!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

The great only appear great because we are on our knees, let us rise!

Offline nadeeer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »
Excellent read mate - love reading about/hearing stories and such accounts of LFC and Liverpool from before my time and this is no different, had me gripped throughout. The only negative I have was that it wasn't any longer as I could easily have kept on reading!

Thanks a lot for that, much enjoyed and appreciated and it sounds absolutely spot on.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 05:47:04 pm »
blimey two more with the patience of saints

nice to be appreciated though - thanks kindly

wasn't any longer? its like war and peace as it is, I suppose I could add some stuff about climate change......... :)

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 02:49:25 am »
Quite enjoyed that, a worthwhile read at almost 4am :D

Does give some renewed optimism which has been lacking for a while that maybe things can change for the better.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 03:53:44 am »
Can we have a talking book version of Vulmea's post ?

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »

can't sleep? :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 01:00:17 pm »
Only just discovered this thread. "My word" as Ray Wilkins would say. Very enjoyable read (so far) and perfect timing for my fast approaching lunch break. :D

Excellent stuff, some great reminders of the past and a real thread to make you sigh and wonder where the time went (both in terms of reading through it, but also when you realise how many years ago someo the events you write about were yet they still seem so fresh in the mind)!

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18:59 pm »
Only just discovered this thread. "My word" as Ray Wilkins would say. Very enjoyable read (so far) and perfect timing for my fast approaching lunch break. :D

Excellent stuff, some great reminders of the past and a real thread to make you sigh and wonder where the time went (both in terms of reading through it, but also when you realise how many years ago someo the events you write about were yet they still seem so fresh in the mind)!

hope it didn't spoil your lunch :)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 10:49:18 am »
Thought provoking piece Vulmea. Top marks for connecting the progress (or degeneration) of our game with the changes taking place in society and our country at large.

I started match going in the 50's so I can relate to all of it and cannot fault your memory of the changes on and off the pitch. The game now belongs to the money men and each club is striving for more income via sponsors and fans.

We do have one comparison to look at and that is the deregulation of the banks 20 years ago. The desire to make more each year and improve profits led them down a path that ended in the dreaded  spectre of failing banks. Government bail outs.

We won't see bail outs of football clubs but we may see some big ones fail at some point.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 07:30:49 pm »

Wow, just wow. Thoroughly enjoyed that read, very insightful, and certainly very deep. Read like a novel.
Hands down one of the best posts I've read, and quite frankly, it's posts like this that make it worthwhile to wade through all the utter tripe that sometimes gets written in these boards.

RAWK at its best! :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 09:04:04 pm »
Thought provoking piece Vulmea. Top marks for connecting the progress (or degeneration) of our game with the changes taking place in society and our country at large.

I started match going in the 50's so I can relate to all of it and cannot fault your memory of the changes on and off the pitch. The game now belongs to the money men and each club is striving for more income via sponsors and fans.

We do have one comparison to look at and that is the deregulation of the banks 20 years ago. The desire to make more each year and improve profits led them down a path that ended in the dreaded  spectre of failing banks. Government bail outs.

We won't see bail outs of football clubs but we may see some big ones fail at some point.

its an interesting parallel that isn't it - the FA and the free market - how can you possibly run an equal sporting contest where the sides with the most money, (often nothing to do with the club itself) have an 80% chance of winning - if people weren't so addicted they'd laugh and walk away

and the Prem's answer to this farce - 0h well different clubs compete for different things - might as well have three divisions in the Prem then eh?

The yanks at least recognise the stupidity and try and to ensure equality with their draft system the premier league just keep adjusting the rules to suit those with the most money its criminal really

where does it end up - pretty much where we are with a few chosen clubs dominating due to wealth and the mass audience just following like sheep for lack of anything better driven, by the mass media saturation telling them how important football is .........I'd like my game back please

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »
Wow, just wow. Thoroughly enjoyed that read, very insightful, and certainly very deep. Read like a novel.
Hands down one of the best posts I've read, and quite frankly, it's posts like this that make it worthwhile to wade through all the utter tripe that sometimes gets written in these boards.

RAWK at its best! :wave

very kind words - thanks

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »
Vulmea, thank you, that's a wonderful post.
As mentioned above, just like a good novel it's very readable and flowing, and quite probably the best I've read on here for some time.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »
cheers lad - 2000 views and 40 posts I'm thinking it  was a bit wordy meself :)

great read mate, really great, you may think it's a bit wordy, I spotted it in the other thread and had a quick look and decided to wait until I had enough time to read it because I wanted to read it without being interrupted. I managed to do that today, again a great read.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 09:13:24 pm »
Vulmea, thank you, that's a wonderful post.
As mentioned above, just like a good novel it's very readable and flowing, and quite probably the best I've read on here for some time.

cheers Gul thanks for taking the time

great read mate, really great, you may think it's a bit wordy, I spotted it in the other thread and had a quick look and decided to wait until I had enough time to read it because I wanted to read it without being interrupted. I managed to do that today, again a great read.

thanks Vic but if you can read that lot without being interrupted I'm worried you need to get out more :)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2013, 10:24:22 pm »
Cracking read, Vulmea. Very very interesting and insightful. Thanks for taking the time. This post along with a few others should be mandatory reading for any LFC supporter.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 11:15:21 am »

Can I have Emma Watson reading to me naked in my bed?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 11:19:50 am »
I've just shown the OP to my grandad who's been a fan 50+ years and all he said after reading it was "The old goat knows what he's talking about" and went back to drinking his tea.

I don't know why he called you an old goat  Vulmea but they're you go.  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:22:38 am by Samie The Red »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 11:38:07 am »

I really think the OP should be in the Some quality/important posts you may have missed thread.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 11:42:19 am »
I really think the OP should be in the Some quality/important posts you may have missed thread.
Quality wise without a doubt but that thread is normally reserved for contributions within a thread rather than original posts but there's nothing to stop you posting it there Gulley  ;) after all work like this should get maximum exposure.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:48 am »

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 11:07:43 pm »
Good ;D

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 01:58:10 am »
I've just shown the OP to my grandad who's been a fan 50+ years and all he said after reading it was "The old goat knows what he's talking about" and went back to drinking his tea.

I don't know why he called you an old goat  Vulmea but they're you go.  :)

been called worse - glad the young fella liked it:)

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 02:05:06 am »
Cracking read, Vulmea. Very very interesting and insightful. Thanks for taking the time. This post along with a few others should be mandatory reading for any LFC supporter.
'
cheers for that Benne, appreciate the thoughts nice to know I'm not on me own :)

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 11:17:44 am »
Cog and Kik on the same page -  just rolled back 10 years :) hope you're keeping well in your exile :)

It's like being back at TCAA ;)

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 08:56:08 pm »
It's like being back at TCAA ;)

That was a crackin site

Offline Lee_no8

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 09:57:48 pm »
Excellent article, well worth missing eurovision for (bugger it's still on, better read it again).

As has already been mentioned, it should be a condition that anyone posting on RAWK should prove that they've read this first.

Thank you Vulmea
Il Liverpool si riprende la Champions a Istanbul: gil bastano i 6 minuti di follia rossonera

Milan nell’incubo

Da 3-0 a 3-3, poi Dudek e i rigori frumano la beffa del secolo

La Gazetta dello Sport

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »
Vulmea yet again another brilliantly written piece.  I aspire to be as eloquent as you. Really good read fella cheers.

was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2013, 10:47:27 pm »
That was a crackin site
Oh, and great read (even if I did have to go away and come back to it 3 times before I could get through it all)

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2013, 01:40:13 am »
Brilliant post mate, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2013, 12:48:47 pm »
Brilliant post mate, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Oh, and great read (even if I did have to go away and come back to it 3 times before I could get through it all)
Vulmea yet again another brilliantly written piece.  I aspire to be as eloquent as you. Really good read fella cheers.
Excellent article, well worth missing eurovision for (bugger it's still on, better read it again).

As has already been mentioned, it should be a condition that anyone posting on RAWK should prove that they've read this first.

Thank you Vulmea

Thanks for the thanks - appreciate the time it takes to read you could have been doing something useful - curing cancer, world peace etc  :)

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »
Sooo any spin offs?

Chapter two - Pride and prejudice or the evoluation of the Primmadonna

Chapter three - Capitalism Unleashed -  How do we reclaim our game?

Chapter four -  Scouser's Republic? Liverpool and world domination.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 12:10:20 pm »
bump

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2013, 04:20:58 pm »
Missed this until now, brilliant post Vulmea, I was aware of pretty much all of it but I found it very useful nonetheless.  Should be compulsory reading for any true fan of football, not just our club.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »
That is a belter of a post...easily beats anything that i have ever read on RAWK, so glad that I took the time to read it. I will be saving it for my 2 kids to read as soon as they are old enough!

:thumbup
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »
What an excellent read! Everything that you need to know in 10 pages and done with style.
Thanks for writing it Vulmea. Brilliant commentary as ever.
SOS 8040