Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252600 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Unemployed Rawkites
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:31:47 pm »
Disclaimer from RAWK:
Clearly any job you take through this thread is taken at your own risk and with the good faith of the posters involved. RAWK won't be held responsible for any non payment of work, non appearance of work, or members who lie. We think it is brilliant that people are trying to help eachother out and that RAWK is happy to provide a platform for that to happen but clearly we cannot check the veracity of anything written on here nor will we get involved in any disputes arising from the thread. Obviously if someone comes on with a continuous and/or blatant blag, we'll ban the poster but otherwise its entirely up to the individual. PS If it looks too good to be true, it will be.

as you were

Are you Unemployed atm  ?
How long has it been now ?
For me its coming onto 8 months and Im bored as fuck

Got laid off last year , have applied for Uni this year in the hope I can pursue my love , Music Technology , what are you doing to pass the time ?

Any ideas for others in here in the same predicement ?

Are there any courses for people like us to get onto in order to increase our options ?

Do you get fed up of being rejected for Jobs ?
I must have applied for a thousand jobs since I got laid off and I rarely get
any sort of response or feedback . . . .

Answers on a postcard . :) If you can afford one that is . . .

« Last Edit: August 6, 2012, 07:22:50 pm by hinesy »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:27:02 am »
I'm unemployed. Finished university in October 2007 and have been working until October 2008. Didn't have anything to do with what I did at uni and it was mainly a job to get some money while looking for some decent work. Haven't still found anything. It was nice playing a bit FM, but this year's edition isn't as good as the previous ones... ;)

I used to enjoy having some time off to do anything I want, but at the moment it's getting quite boring. I don't really care if I get rejected for a job, but what really pisses me off is that you hardly find a job where they don't ask for a million years of experience. It's quite hard getting a job when you've just finished university and your only experience are some holiday jobs or internships. To be the ideal candidate for a job, you're 20, have studied about five different subjects, have about 15 years of job experience, have worked about 10 of those years in that exact company and are ready to work for free...

Offline TonyTheRed

• NosedReindeer has a very qwertycock....
  • Legacy Fan
  • I've got a little black book with my poems in
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:26 am »
Join the Forces. You know it makes sense  :thumbup :thumbup
like one day u will find out im not female :)

Offline LFCJim

• Kopite
  • He's Scouse, He's Sound...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 09:40:56 am »
have applied for Uni this year in the hope I can pursue my love , Music Technology

What do you mean by Music Technology if you don't mind me asking? Computer-based production? Or recording engineering?

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:44:31 am »
I was unemployed for about 3 months after graduating from University, a pretty horrible time. It was the worst thing to keep getting rejected for jobs.
I know a few friends that are unemployed at the moment, I'm trying to help them out anyway I can. It's a sad predicament of our current global crisis. Also less people are moving jobs so it's difficult for promotions, new positions to open up within companies at the moment.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:49:23 am »
Unemployed since Sept 07, was in college till June 08, completed my Gas Nvq and relevant gas exams , but now i cant find a job, every single firm ive tried within the northwest isnt taking on, well thats the ones who have bothered replying to my numerous phone calls/emails/letters

Nothing more frustrating than sending out covering letters/cv's and the c*nts dont even bother to acknowledge them

Id practically work for nothing now just to get my foot in the door, ive told them id be happy to negotiate a salary, ill go on a 4 week work trial whereby the job centre pay my expenses and have told them about this new scheme the government are bringing in in april for long term unemployed , they offer upto £2.5k to a company to take on and train a doleite , but still nothing

I have posted all this seperately http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=173972.0 but ill ask again, does anyone know a gas engineer, one man band or a company who are looking for someone ?

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 09:50:22 am »
I have been out of work for 6 weeks i never get knocked back from jobs they dont even have the desence to tell me i was not succseful,
i think i have tried pretty much every where around Merseyside. so in the end i got fed up and I am moving to greece for the summer
to work. so its not all bad i have only just moved back to liverpool so I am a bit gutted i am going away but i need work.
Maybe we should start our own little business any ideas?
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 10:58:41 am »

:)
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 11:06:12 am »
i got made unemplyed last year in july. Applied for hundreds, and i do mean hundreds of jobs since, and the fuckers,well most of them dont even get back to me. I was a facilities manager and was paid quite well,but like others have said id be prepared to work for buttons at the mo.its doing me head in.When i first lost my job i spent a good three months in cornwall learning to surf and chilling.Since ive looked for work theres really fuck all out there. Im with every agency under the sun,ive applied for hundreds of jobs and still nothing.its really pisses me off when people say there is work out there.I heard on the radio the other day that there were 5000 vacancies in the north west area, utter bollox. im hard working and put everything into my last job only to be made redundant but hey ho just got to get on with it.If nothing turns up by summer im off to sunnier climates just to do some bar work and get a tan.may as well seeing as nothign is happening here. feel sorry for anyone in the same boat its a nightmare at the mo.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 12:18:32 pm »

sign up for three years in something sexy like cavalry or infantry, you'll never regret it

except when your cold as fuck being rained on in some german exercise area at 4 in the morning and no one tells you what the fuck is going on or when your getting fed next

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 12:51:24 pm »
I'm not unemployed but I'm in a  shit job and looking for something else, theres not much out there at the mo, terrible time to be looking.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 01:44:40 pm »
I have been out of work (dont like the term unemployed) since May 2007 though it was for sickness reasons till May 2008.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 02:19:09 pm »
I have been out of work (dont like the term unemployed) since May 2007 though it was for sickness reasons till May 2008.

No luck with that interview the other week?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 02:23:06 pm »
Have been on gardening leave since mid Feb - basically still being paid while they have a consultation period although definitely off on 5th May. In the meantime I've been able to spend loads more time than usual with my baby and missus so it's ok so far as long as I can find something else relatively soon. I've got a couple of interviews next week, one of them is just a 12 month maternity cover but guess that's better than nothing so keeping the fingers crossed for that.

For those getting fed up just keep applying, has to be a numbers game. Loads you don't hear back from but just takes one phone call/one interview and you could be off and running again.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 02:39:22 pm »

Join the Krsna's. You know it makes sense  :thumbup :thumbup

:D

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 02:40:51 pm »
What do you mean by Music Technology if you don't mind me asking? Computer-based production? Or recording engineering?

Sorry I meant Sound Technology mate , DAW Applications , Studio based recording , Mixing , Producing , Live Gigs etc etc , I hope to fuck I make it in . .. .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 02:47:04 pm »
You know when you have to sign every two weeks yeh Does anyone here actually get help form the Jobcentre to search for Jobs ? ? I dont , I have to ask them to do a jobsearch for me , OK you have those stupid machines you HAVE to have a go on before they name and shame you to sign but Never have they once said " ok Rich , lets have a good look at whats out there for you " never once , they say we are allocated a 5 minute slot to sign but never do they offer me any help seeking employment or training courses , they just try to ensure that you are looking for work , I think they could do a bit more personally . . . . . . Its a case of if you dont ask they wont tell . . . . . I found out a couple of weeks back through a friend that I maybe entitled to some driving lessons via the JC and when I queried it they said " Yes thats a possibility " - why didnt you fuckin tell me then I said . . .  ::)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:50:34 pm by shelovesyouyehyehyeh »

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 03:03:17 pm »
No luck with that interview the other week?

Its not for another 2 weeks :D

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 03:06:09 pm »
The job centres a joke , no wonder theres 2mill on the fuckin jig , my fortnightly appt usually lasts 5 mins , there not arsed

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 03:07:48 pm »
The job centres a joke , no wonder theres 2mill on the fuckin jig , my fortnightly appt usually lasts 5 mins , there not arsed

I stopped going months ago, really couldnt be arsed at all, they would give me info and irelevent stuff and I even got toold I was a good girl for filling in my job sheet doodah so well!!

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 03:10:36 pm »
Did any of u lot hear about all this extra money the government are giving to try and get the "long term unemployed" off the dole, upto £2.5k to an employer to take on and train a doleite up, well it was all over the press not so long ago

so i thought id ask them about it at my next appt see if i can get it sorted for me , might be a bit of a sweetner for a company to take me on , well anyways i goes in and querys it , not one of the fuckers knew anything about it , thick as pigshit

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 03:15:32 pm »
I stopped going months ago, really couldnt be arsed at all, they would give me info and irelevent stuff and I even got toold I was a good girl for filling in my job sheet doodah so well!!

lol, i only go in to sign on never to use them shitty machines

oh and heres another belter , ive twice been conned by phoning up job adverts on the job centres OWN website, premium rate number disguised as a mobile, i wasnt stung too much the first call only lasted 5 mins and the 2nd one i got onto it dead quick as it was too similar to the first one, but a mate of mine phoned one and got told by some fella to hang on while he passed him through, he goes on hold with this fella popping back every 5 mins saying he wont be long , £70 he got ripped off , fair do's the dole reimbursed him but for fucks sake come on

i asked whether they verify these adverts before submitting them obviously fucking not

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 03:46:25 pm »
Just applying now for an evening course to finish off my Film Studies A level at Liverpool Community College! Delighted I'll have something to do. Plus will increase my options when I get to applying for University for 2010.

What it does mean is 5 hours a week that makes me less versatile when applying for a job though. Applied for loads since June, when I worked at the Open here in Southport.

Just applied online to work at McNasty's as well, yeah, I'm desperate.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline runkerry1

• Kopite
    • Whitepark Designs
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 03:47:32 pm »
Did any of u lot hear about all this extra money the government are giving to try and get the "long term unemployed" off the dole, upto £2.5k to an employer to take on and train a doleite up, well it was all over the press not so long ago

so i thought id ask them about it at my next appt see if i can get it sorted for me , might be a bit of a sweetner for a company to take me on , well anyways i goes in and querys it , not one of the fuckers knew anything about it , thick as pigshit

Sounds or so familiar mate, I'm surprised half of them can get the jobs in the first place.... keep looking as there are jobs out there, just started a new one meself a month back, just a driver for now, but it's a job!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 03:53:49 pm »
I was employed for about two months at the beginning of last year...it was fine as I had a new baby, and got to spend time with her, and had enough saved to cover expenses. However, after about a month of looking and getting absolutely nothing back, I went into the job centre to have them look at my CV, thinking maybe that was the problem. I was hoping to get some advice on how to make it more attarctive to employers, or to see if I was doing anything wrong. I wait for about an hour and finally get into see a counsellor. I told her what I was after and she laughed and said, "You've only been looking a month? You've got to look much longer than that!"

It was very encouraging, that when I asked her to do the job she was being paid to do she laughed. 
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 04:58:34 pm »
Sounds or so familiar mate, I'm surprised half of them can get the jobs in the first place.... keep looking as there are jobs out there, just started a new one meself a month back, just a driver for now, but it's a job!

driving ? in Liverpool ? if so what is it & GIZZA JOB

Offline runkerry1

• Kopite
    • Whitepark Designs
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:52 pm »
no in London, sorry mate. I'm trying to find something in graphics to be honest but having the same problems as everyone else whose posted on here, lack of experience, but then it's catch 22, if no-one is prepaired to offer you a chance.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 05:07:37 pm »
I was employed for about two months at the beginning of last year...it was fine as I had a new baby, and got to spend time with her, and had enough saved to cover expenses. However, after about a month of looking and getting absolutely nothing back, I went into the job centre to have them look at my CV, thinking maybe that was the problem. I was hoping to get some advice on how to make it more attarctive to employers, or to see if I was doing anything wrong. I wait for about an hour and finally get into see a counsellor. I told her what I was after and she laughed and said, "You've only been looking a month? You've got to look much longer than that!"

It was very encouraging, that when I asked her to do the job she was being paid to do she laughed.

Unbelievable mate , but at the same time believable , every time I go to sign the security guards refuse to let me pass the desk to sit down unless ive used one of them machines first even tho ive just been on the internet on the jobcentre plus website literally 30 mins before I arrived , they will not let me pass them unless I go look at the machines first ................. pathetic ,
another time me mrs came in with me and stood there waiting for me and they asked her to use the machines she said " im not lookng for work " they told her to wait outside in the pissing rain as she was loitering - c*nts .........

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 05:58:09 pm »
no in London, sorry mate. I'm trying to find something in graphics to be honest but having the same problems as everyone else whose posted on here, lack of experience, but then it's catch 22, if no-one is prepaired to offer you a chance.

where do they think your gonna get this experience from just magic some up

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 06:08:13 pm »
Might be joining you lot in a month or two as it looks like the owners who took over the business for their deceased bro last year are finding out its too much for their plate as they already had their own firms. We will see as I think I can buy them out some how and continue the business on as is...chatting about it....anyway change is in the air so we will see.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 09:22:41 pm »
Might be joining you lot in a month or two as it looks like the owners who took over the business for their deceased bro last year are finding out its too much for their plate as they already had their own firms. We will see as I think I can buy them out some how and continue the business on as is...chatting about it....anyway change is in the air so we will see.

a takeover as such then ? ? good luck with it mate

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 09:36:42 pm »
Unemployed since Sept 07, was in college till June 08, completed my Gas Nvq and relevant gas exams , but now i cant find a job, every single firm ive tried within the northwest isnt taking on, well thats the ones who have bothered replying to my numerous phone calls/emails/letters
Time fly's Phil, I recall you posting or staring a thread about your course. Have you tired GasForce in Liverpool or is that a stupid question.

Offline c0burn

• Kopite
  • The King
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 12:15:58 am »
Just been made redundant, fucking hell, this thread is some bad reading.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 12:22:42 am »
I'm not unemployed at the moment but I graduated last summer and was unemployed for 3 months before getting this pretty dead end job working for a security company. Keep looking around for any graduate schemes or anything like that but there's fuck all at the moment. I sent off my application to the MOD Police last week so hopefully I'll hear back from them in a few months.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 12:30:35 am »
Give me 5 months
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 01:17:21 pm »

I had the same attitude when I was looking for work about 2 years ago, the bloke's attitude to me was that I was young, just out of uni and I could look for myself and was motivated to find something, so he didn't have to do fuck all with me and because I'd never signed on before he was unwilling to actually offer me any help or opportunities because 'you don't get any of that unless you've been signing on for at least 6 months'. Luckily for me, it's my one and only trip to the job centre.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 01:26:43 pm »
I remember when I left college and went went to apply for JSA. I couldn't get it for 3 months because my mother was still getting £10 or £11 a week child benefit for me. So I said to them was there any point me signing on? They said no because I'd have job by then. My response was that if I didn't have any money to get to interviews and buy a suit I wasn't going to bother looking. Luckily I found a job a month later.

I'm bricking it if I get laid off though. My sister a straight A student at school and college then got a 1st at Uni took 6 months to get a job. While my other sister packed in hairdressing college and took nearly a year to get a job.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 01:45:31 pm »
you can start again then after we win the champs league, but dont start before it, let the good times roll first :D

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 01:55:11 pm »
I think I sent of 350 CV's before I even got my first interview.

And Im not talking online applications or emails here.

My point is just keep applying and sooner or later you will get a call.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline daveyg

• Plain and Simple
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 02:50:04 pm »
Looks more than likely by the end of June I will be without a job.

Work for a well known impartial mobile phone company, we are in the 90 day consultation period at the moment.

They are saying that they need to cut costs so 500 jobs are at risk, they are using the credit crunch as an excuse to lay people off and outsource the work abroad.

Only got married in October so not the ideal start to marriage! About 2 days after the announcement the wife tells me that she is pregnant! I have a habit of timing things well!

Just to brighten this thread up - last time I was made redundant we reached a certain cup final in Turkey  ;)
14/08/04 -  THE START OF THE NEW RAFALUTION!