Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1040097 times)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Game of Thrones - The TV Show; Spoilers are Coming
« Reply #9520 on: July 17, 2017, 09:04:37 pm »
Can we send this young lady into the fray?

Ahhh dead woif

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9521 on: July 17, 2017, 09:14:23 pm »
Poor episode.

It's more like a bad action film these days,if there isn't a battle/murder scene then it's sub standard garbage.I'm only watching it because I want to see how it ends.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9522 on: July 17, 2017, 09:27:14 pm »
Mixed episode IMO:

Spoiler
I admit I got fooled at the start - thought it was some flashback of the Freys which seemed unusual for the show but I enjoyed the scene. Feel like Arya has changed so quickly though but she is bad ass.

Good:

. Sansa/Jon tension - Littlefinger was loving it. Definitely planning to turn Sansa against Jon.
. Euron stuff. Is his gift going to be the dragon horn or the head of Tyrion?
. The Hound and Beric scenes.

Bad:

.Samwell. Ugh. Longing for those scenes to end - glad he's got to the point of being there now.
.Dany stuff. Found it an anti climax. Personally would have started the episode with that and ended it with the Arya killing Freys or the shot of the White Walkers.

I'm guessing Dany is going to use the dragon glass as a real bargaining tool - no way is she giving that up to Jon easily.
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9523 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34:32 pm »
Hereford Cathedral chained library rip off here..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9524 on: July 17, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »
Ace  8)

Good to see old crusty hands in the citadel.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9525 on: July 17, 2017, 10:31:48 pm »
Ed Sheeren and Shaun off This is England .... talk about shite cameos. Surely we should be getting better at this stage.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9526 on: July 17, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »
;D

I'll bet you they all keep watching though.

Of course they will. This episode has been universally acclaimed, except in the good ol' RAWK thread. I could have done without seeing Sheeran but its not difficult to just ignore him especially as he hardly any of the dialogue. Apart from that was a very good if not spectacular start to the season. Loved the Euron scene and the Hound of course
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:40:41 pm by Chavvie »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9527 on: July 17, 2017, 10:38:10 pm »
Of course they will. This episode has been universally acclaimed, except in the good 'ol RAWK thread. I could have done without seeing Sheeran but its not difficult to just ignore him especially as he hardly any of the dialogue. Apart from that was a very good if not spectacular start to the season. Loved the Euron scene and the Hound of course

A+ on the Hounds use of c***

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9528 on: July 17, 2017, 10:48:05 pm »
Ed Sheeran? For fuck sake!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9529 on: July 17, 2017, 10:58:58 pm »
Poor episode.

It's more like a bad action film these days,if there isn't a battle/murder scene then it's sub standard garbage.I'm only watching it because I want to see how it ends.

Why don't you save your time and just google it? And also google what you call someone who watches a show they don't like and then moans about said show.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #9530 on: July 17, 2017, 11:01:26 pm »
Why don't you save your time and just google it? And also google what you call someone who watches a show they don't like and then moans about said show.
I think they call them Jooneys.

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9531 on: July 17, 2017, 11:07:59 pm »
Solid start to Season 7.

Love when Beric and the lads are involved.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9532 on: July 17, 2017, 11:10:23 pm »
There was no need for Ed Sheeran. Felt so contrived with the singing and the whole, it threw me off a lot but I can get over it.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9533 on: July 17, 2017, 11:13:15 pm »
There was no need for Ed Sheeran. Felt so contrived with the singing and the whole, it threw me off a lot but I can get over it.

Dragons, giants, Ice zombies and Brienne

Yet Ed Sheeran throws you off?  ;D

I agree. He was shoehorned in.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9534 on: July 17, 2017, 11:14:51 pm »

Yes mate :lmao Strangely enough. Nothing major just no need for it. Decent episode to start off it though, everyone needs to relax.

There's been quite episodes setting things up before.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9535 on: July 17, 2017, 11:19:09 pm »

suspension of disbelief and all that.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9536 on: July 17, 2017, 11:28:23 pm »
Don't know what all the fuss is about Sheeran. He's just another face, no different than slopping in any other known "actor".  Not as if he had a major impact to proceedings. If it had been Shakira yous of all been loving it.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9537 on: July 18, 2017, 12:07:49 am »
Don't know what all the fuss is about Sheeran. He's just another face, no different than slopping in any other known "actor".  Not as if he had a major impact to proceedings. If it had been Shakira yous of all been loving it.
It's just that he's a huge celebrity. Someone earlier was likening it to Beckham's ridiculous cameo in King Arthur which is true.

The guitarist from Coldplay appeared but he isn't exactly well known, didn't talk and was in shot for a couple of seconds. Sigur Ros guested but again their faces are hardly known the world over. This was a bit different, firstly because he spoke and secondly because he's one of, if not the biggest artist in the world right now. It's easy to see why so many found it jarring.

It's not a big deal though. Just made one small scene a little weaker. On the whole I thought the episode was great. A lot don't seem to think so but I loved it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9538 on: July 18, 2017, 01:04:52 am »
Walking Dead isn't on so some on rawk will have to moan about something.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #9539 on: July 18, 2017, 01:28:15 am »
I thought it was pretty good for a first episode, they usually are slogs but this one had a bit more verve than previous ones.

I really really liked the Winterfell scenes. The conflict between Jon and Sansa was really well done and I particularly liked the Karkstar and Umber kids bending the knee, it was reminiscent of a certain scene in the books that we didn't really got on the show. The Hound and the Brotherhood scenes were very good too, it showed a humanity in the Hound that we didn't really have seen and closed the circle of his redemption nicely.

The Euron parley was good but it bugged me when Cersei made fun of Euron's lack of humility, since when does Cersei care about someone being too arrogant? It was a really out of character and lazy thing to say but it was a small thing after all. 

I had some real troubles with the Bran scene though. It was really dumb for Dolorous Edd to act all suspicious of a little girl and a cripple boy being wildlings when they let every wildling with a pulse go through those gates, besides them helping Jon win a massive battle. That wasn't the worst part though, when Edd asks them how can he trust that they are Bran Stark and Meera Reed, Bran tells him he knows Edd was on the Fist of the First Men and Hardome and he knows that he saw the Night King, who is coming  after all of them. Excepting that Bran greenseeing powers have become main knowledge on the realm I don't see how that answer convinces an already suspicious Edd that they are who they say they are, but somehow it did. Unfortunately this is the kind of clunky and inconsistent writing that gives people like Jooney and the rest of the serial complainers ammo for weeks.

The rest of the episode was alright. Arya killing the Freys was well done but somehow unsatisfying. I have never given two shits about Sam storyline and his scenes here didn't change that but it was nice seeing some innovative editing on that first sequence. Dany's march through Dragonstone could have been pretty epic if that wasn't an unoccupied shitty castle on an island that nobody gives two fucks about. I know it's her first steps on Westeros since she was a child and it was her birthplace but it still is just Dragonstone, the place Stannis felt was an insult when it was given to him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:52:20 am by Lastrador »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9540 on: July 18, 2017, 01:29:09 am »
The way some of you are reacting at Sheran's cameo is as if he was the main character in the entire bloody episode? He's a shit singer, you don't like him, get over it.

:D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #9541 on: July 18, 2017, 02:53:24 am »
The way some of you are reacting at Sheran's cameo is as if he was the main character in the entire bloody episode? He's a shit singer, you don't like him, get over it.

:D
Good TV is immersive, that ginger minge broke the spell, sucking the viewer back to reality. All a bit knowing and full of itself.

Top knot wanker was a similar faux pas.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9542 on: July 18, 2017, 03:33:50 am »
Good TV is immersive, that ginger minge broke the spell, sucking the viewer back to reality. All a bit knowing and full of itself.

Top knot wanker was a similar faux pas.

I agree with you, it bothered me a whole 45 seconds and I moved on.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9543 on: July 18, 2017, 04:01:14 am »
"That's a pretty song. I've never heard it before."

"It's a new one."

Fuck off, Ed, you self-aware jumped up glorified street busker twat. Thanks for pulling me out of the immersion there.

Sorry, deFacto. Had to get that off me chest. Carry on.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9544 on: July 18, 2017, 04:17:45 am »

A+ on the Hounds use of c***

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9545 on: July 18, 2017, 04:23:28 am »
Ned didn't know Catelyn at all before their wedding day * - he certainly couldn't trust her with a secret like that at the time (she could tell her sister or other confidant and before you know it the secret is out - little birds and walls have ears too ;)) Even his own best mate and King wanted to kill all Targaryens at that time (and still did years later).

Plus, as others have said, a promise is a promise - and Ned seemed to be a man of his word.

* Ned had supposedly loved Arthur Dayne's sister, Ashara - not long before marrying Cat (who was betrothed originally to his elder brother, Brandon) - http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ashara_Dayne & http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Catelyn_Stark#Early_Life

He could have told her at some point, it doesn't have to be the wedding night. There were x amount of years, after all.

And what promise to his sister? She did not ask him to keep the baby's identity secret, only to keep the baby safe. Again, if he wasn't a twat, he'd have told Cat, so she wouldn't have treated Jon like shit.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #9546 on: July 18, 2017, 05:02:42 am »
So that's Ed Sheeran? I'm not as hip and cool as I thought. ;D  I liked the episode.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #9547 on: July 18, 2017, 06:13:39 am »
So that's Ed Sheeran? I'm not as hip and cool as I thought. ;D  I liked the episode.
I thought the whole thing was an absolute pile of stinking shit.

So. See you next Monday at 2am then? ;)

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #9548 on: July 18, 2017, 06:22:28 am »

Same here. Didn't really recognize his face and that scene didn't seem out of place at all. Don't see what the fuss is, even if yous did recognize him. How's it different from having a famous actor? Did having Sean Bean break immersion too, you know, seeing as he's quite recognizable?

As for the 'new song', it's straight from the books, written by a bard about Tyrion and Shae.

Striking parallels between this thread and the ASSHAT threads  ;D
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9549 on: July 18, 2017, 06:50:08 am »
Thank god Ed Sheeran wasn't a woman.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #9550 on: July 18, 2017, 06:51:21 am »
Did having Sean Bean break immersion too, you know, seeing as he's quite recognizable?

Ah, you see he used this little known technique called 'acting' to smooth over that problem.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #9551 on: July 18, 2017, 07:19:11 am »
I thought the whole thing was an absolute pile of stinking shit.

So. See you next Monday at 2am then? ;)
You're a twat.   ;D

That was some sloppin out loop,  dirty bastards. ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #9552 on: July 18, 2017, 07:21:04 am »
Same here. Didn't really recognize his face and that scene didn't seem out of place at all. Don't see what the fuss is, even if yous did recognize him. How's it different from having a famous actor? Did having Sean Bean break immersion too, you know, seeing as he's quite recognizable?

As for the 'new song', it's straight from the books, written by a bard about Tyrion and Shae.

Striking parallels between this thread and the ASSHAT threads  ;D
I wasn't aware there was a fuss. The cat sang and he okay, not my bag like, but, you know.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #9553 on: July 18, 2017, 07:22:25 am »
Ah, you see he used this little known technique called 'acting' to smooth over that problem.
Was Sheehan not just doing his job. I mean that cats got a bigger audience than Bean.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9554 on: July 18, 2017, 08:15:56 am »
You'll love it next week when Nymeria rips Sheeran to bits 👍

Just guessing here by the way!

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #9555 on: July 18, 2017, 08:29:26 am »
Spoiler
Was that Wun Wun? Can't have been....?
[close]
@JonnYNWA

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9556 on: July 18, 2017, 09:10:24 am »
You'll love it next week when Nymeria rips Sheeran to bits 👍

Just guessing here by the way!

Just a one episode stint I think

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9557 on: July 18, 2017, 09:17:27 am »
Spoiler
Was that Wun Wun? Can't have been....?
[close]

Nah there are loads of other giants.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9558 on: July 18, 2017, 09:26:16 am »
The only thing I hated about the episode like everyone else was Ed Sheeran I can't believe they did that it was so in your face, him singing a song and then saying its his new one.

If he doesn't get stabbed in the face next one I will be very disappointed.

Its not the Muppet show. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:54:57 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9559 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:04 am »
Have to agree with this. The more they deviated from the books, the worse the writing got

That is ignoring the fact that books 4 and 5 are not very good.

I think they have a difficult challenge dealing with so many plots spread over such a large area, and I think they've done a pretty admirable job with it. Enjoyed last night's episode and looking forward to the next one.