Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 226988 times)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Sometimes I remember that there are more than three Star Wars films, and it saddens me a bit.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Duel of the fates is a fantastic piece of music. Worth during through the second trilogy for that alone.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Sometimes I remember that there are more than three Star Wars films, and it saddens me a bit.

Not me. I don't have the same attachment to the original series others do because I didn't grow up with them.

I do feel somewhat that way about the upcoming Toy Story 4, though.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Has anyone let their children view episodes one to six in number order? How did it work out. Did they like ep4 onwards more?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Has anyone let their children view episodes one to six in number order? How did it work out. Did they like ep4 onwards more?

My 8 year olds favourite is Solo. That's the one he always asks to watch again.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Clone Wars / The Mandalorian etc.
« Reply #1925 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:40 am »

For those in and around California this weekend...

A showing of Star Wars (70mm screening of the unaltered theatrical version) and Rogue One:-

'Samuel Goldwyn Theater
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA, 90211

Join us for a rare and exclusive viewing of Star Wars (1977) and Rogue One (2016), featuring a 70mm Academy print of the original film. These two movies are intrinsically connected, as Rogue One tells the story of how Princess Leia received the Death Star plans that allowed the Rebel Alliance to destroy the Death Star in Star Wars. Bring the family and enjoy this double feature at the Samuel Goldwyn Theatre.

Tickets: $5

Please Note: No late entry permitted.'

^ https://oscars.org/events/star-wars-and-rogue-one
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
A claimed "leak" of the Ep IX plot.  I'll just link to it rather than embed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_lhvfHtxlY

tbf they claim to take it with a pinch of salt, but that previous info from this source re Endgame was (mostly) correct.

One small tidbit worth sharing - I don't think it's "spoiler" territory much - is that the chunk of Death Star we see in the trailer might actually be the first Death Star; so the gang would be on Yavin IV and not Endor as I'd assumed.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

^ From the 'Star Wars Theory' youtube channel? No thanks, mate.

For me the guy is a complete prick in the way he publicised his Fan Edit in attempting to create a furore and manipulate lots of people into believing tons of shite he posted about Disney/Lucasfilm/higher-ups etc after he got caught using other people's IP (a bit of unlicensed music) in his Edit. I imagine he's still deleting comments that called him out on it, or asked for evidence or details from those many calls and contacts he apparently had from them?

About as credible as Mike Zeroh - though a lot more clever with the monetisation/merch and attracting subscribers. Did he end the video with the 'if it doesn't turn out to be true it's a fun theory and fits with what we know so far' spiel? ;) :)
« Last Edit: July 5, 2019, 12:31:53 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't know how it ended as I didn't finish watching it.  I'm not really into theory but it showed up on my youtube feed so figured I'd share. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:29:14 pm by Capon Debaser »

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1930 on: August 24, 2019, 01:51:10 am »

'The Mandalorian' official trailer...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aOC8E8z_ifw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aOC8E8z_ifw</a>

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw or https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1165057650456850433

and a new series, with Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobi, has just been confirmed too:-

https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/1165058557789687808

& https://www.starwars.com/news/the-galaxy-far-far-away-just-got-a-little-bigger

& https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1165060686449238016 (video of the announcement - with Ewan McGregor)

'Just announced at #D23Expo, the next season of The Clone Wars will premiere in February on #DisneyPlus' - https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1165054385669279744

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:13:24 pm by oojason »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1931 on: August 24, 2019, 04:35:35 am »
The Mandalorian looks fantastic. Perhaps Star Wars is back.

No. The Obi-Wan show sees to that.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: August 24, 2019, 05:05:54 am »
The Mandalorian looks fantastic. Perhaps Star Wars is back.

No. The Obi-Wan show sees to that.

You're not excited for Obi-Wan?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1933 on: August 24, 2019, 05:49:40 am »

Not a bit.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: August 24, 2019, 01:18:54 pm »
I mean the production level for the Mandalorian is incredible for a 8 part show. Disney+ is going to be a serious player with its budget. these streaming providers have so much money to burn, anything else on traditional tv/cable looks shite.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1935 on: August 25, 2019, 02:02:10 am »

Massively.
:D

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1936 on: August 25, 2019, 04:13:08 am »
I don't get the kenobi series. the whole point that he was supposed to be in hiding, not going on adventures

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1937 on: August 25, 2019, 01:25:44 pm »
I don't get the kenobi series. the whole point that he was supposed to be in hiding, not going on adventures

Maybe it'll be explained why the Imperials haven't done a great job of finding some of the last Jedi in hiding (Kenobi keeping his last name, wearing his Jedi robes, flashing a saber around every now and then, making Jedi-like hand gestures to local stormtroopers, living near to some Skywalkers etc) ;) :)

Though the adventures just may be coming to him...

The teaser poster for Episode IX:-

10 second phone footage of the earlier Episode IX reel from D23 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Zq0z6I_AQ

Seems we'll be getting the 2nd Episode IX reel from D23 online on Monday (US date/time at ew.com, apparently)

More info here (with written details of what was shown) - http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2019/08/d23-rise-of-skywalker-footage-to-debut.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:35:49 pm by oojason »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: August 25, 2019, 03:47:19 pm »
They're giving an insane amount of stuff away, I hope it's all from the first half hour.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1939 on: August 26, 2019, 02:32:47 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3n1T3HxHd7Y&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;fbclid=IwAR3YCnbg5aHcUTZzXBFQzirjqXV4G7yGF5ulU5tM2jm2o-2z_LJbsG7_M5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3n1T3HxHd7Y&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;fbclid=IwAR3YCnbg5aHcUTZzXBFQzirjqXV4G7yGF5ulU5tM2jm2o-2z_LJbsG7_M5s</a>
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: August 26, 2019, 03:58:13 pm »
Reckon Rey in the Sith robes and double bladed lightsaber is the emperor playing mind games with her.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: August 26, 2019, 07:14:56 pm »
Those star destroyers look amazing.  Clearly some kind of military surplus depot that the Resistance is raiding for starships.

EDIT: They're all Imperial 1s, which seems to confirm what I suggested about the original teaser about the Resistance using captured, old Imperial ships.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: August 26, 2019, 09:37:38 pm »
Those star destroyers look amazing.  Clearly some kind of military surplus depot that the Resistance is raiding for starships.

EDIT: They're all Imperial 1s, which seems to confirm what I suggested about the original teaser about the Resistance using captured, old Imperial ships.

It's probably the big cool moment in the third act when the day is saved...

...or time travel

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1943 on: August 26, 2019, 09:46:52 pm »
They're giving an insane amount of stuff away, I hope it's all from the first half hour.

And what they are giving away is fan service the movie. I hope there are some proper risks taken in the actual film.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: August 26, 2019, 10:26:43 pm »
Unfortunately i'd suspect they will be playing it safe and that these teasers are to get people excited again for episode 9. They teased similar for episode 8 with kylo offering his hand to rey.

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: August 26, 2019, 10:39:15 pm »

...or time travel

Or some force vision.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: August 26, 2019, 10:56:03 pm »

...or time travel

I've seen light-enhanced images of that "ghost" fleet.  None of the ships seem to have a fighter hanger - they do however all have a massive cannon mounted in a forward recess, and there's at least 120 ships.

Some speculation that Rey might just be a clone - hence her vision in the dark side cave of just endless images of herself.  There could be hundreds of Reys dotted all over the galaxy.  Maybe she was designed to be taken over by the Emperor's spirit.

Other than that, it seems a full on nostalgia grab now.  After the backlash over the previous film its the only card they've got left to play.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: August 27, 2019, 03:30:03 am »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: August 27, 2019, 03:32:07 am »

Some speculation that Rey might just be a clone - hence her vision in the dark side cave of just endless images of herself.  There could be hundreds of Reys dotted all over the galaxy.  Maybe she was designed to be taken over by the Emperor's spirit.

So it would be full on Harry Potter and the Horcruxs. Sounds great.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #1949 on: August 27, 2019, 08:59:01 am »
Maybe it's like when Luke was in the Vader helmet in Empire.

Maybe we don't have a clue and should wait until we see it then decide if we like it or not.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1950 on: August 27, 2019, 10:38:53 am »
I've seen light-enhanced images of that "ghost" fleet.  None of the ships seem to have a fighter hanger - they do however all have a massive cannon mounted in a forward recess, and there's at least 120 ships.

Fucking hell mate :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: August 27, 2019, 10:42:35 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1952 on: August 27, 2019, 11:43:40 am »
Ben Solo is too likable, I don't buy the stakes the trailer is trying to convey.
:D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: August 27, 2019, 01:57:06 pm »
Maybe it's like when Luke was in the Vader helmet in Empire.

Maybe we don't have a clue and should wait until we see it then decide if we like it or not.

Yes. We should completely give up talking and speculating about any film before it's released. And whilst we're at it we should junk pre match threads and only ever discuss the games after they've been played. ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: August 27, 2019, 01:58:39 pm »
Fucking hell mate :lmao

Check Eckharts Ladder on YouTube to see the images for yourself. They're pretty cool. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1955 on: August 27, 2019, 02:06:24 pm »
Check Eckharts Ladder on YouTube to see the images for yourself. They're pretty cool. :)
No... no no no

It will ruin the film for me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #1956 on: August 27, 2019, 02:46:13 pm »
I think so long as The Mandalorian is gritty and has a dark tone then it could be great because there is so much scope to literally do anything they can think of.. story or character-wise there are no constraints. It looks promising.

As for the new film in December.. its clearly going to make people a lot happier than the shitshow that Rian Johnson pulled with the Last Jedi, which was abominably bad. They've got a lot of loose ends to tie up in one movie and whilst I'm not expecting a classic, it should be fun.

In a way I'm glad this saga will be over.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: August 27, 2019, 02:57:49 pm »
I think so long as The Mandalorian is gritty and has a dark tone then it could be great because there is so much scope to literally do anything they can think of.. story or character-wise there are no constraints. It looks promising.

As for the new film in December.. its clearly going to make people a lot happier than the shitshow that Rian Johnson pulled with the Last Jedi, which was abominably bad. They've got a lot of loose ends to tie up in one movie and whilst I'm not expecting a classic, it should be fun.

In a way I'm glad this saga will be over.

I'm guessing the next one is going to retcon some of the stuff from the last movie that retconned some of the stuff from the first movie and end things in a super safe way. Hopefully they'll make some decent standalone movies afterwards that can just be their own interesting thing rather being pulled into the existing safe blob of cameo-filled movies.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: August 27, 2019, 03:20:18 pm »
Disney have managed to mangle star wars even more than Joe Wicks mangles Wensleydale.

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: August 27, 2019, 03:41:36 pm »
Disney have managed to mangle star wars even more than Joe Wicks mangles Wensleydale.

It was going to be mangled no matter what because of neckbeards getting upset when they don't get precisely what they want.

Honestly, instead of Disney pandering to that lot by bringing JJ back they should have just told them to get stuffed and doubled down on pissing off them off even more by letting Rian Johnson make Part III.