Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 327312 times)

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Superman/Batman film coming 2015
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:19 am »
Joss Whedon        ✔ @josswhedon

Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin -- just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:43:31 am by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2013, 08:00:54 am »
Hahaha. ;D

I love Cranston as Luthor. He would make a fantastic Gordon, but I think he would do so much with Lex. He could be perfect in that badass, scheming evil genius.

There's no way they will do 13 films, but it locks Affleck in incase the JL film actually hits it big.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2013, 11:02:47 am »
There is nothing wrong with Affleck as Batman (especially when in the costume, as he certainly looks and is built for the part). My personal issue is how he will be as being Bruce Wayne. Not sure he can bring the depth or the complexity that Bale or potentially others could have. I think if your looking at big name actors, probably Fassbender would have been my choice.

Having said that, this film probably won't go into the birth of Batman in the way Christopher Nolan's movies did, so he won't need to flesh out the character the way Bale had to. In a way, that is good because Affleck really isn't in the same league. I guess he will portray the confident, brash, millionaire playboy Wayne, which he can do I guess.

Also, the first thing I thought when I heard this was I am sure when the meetings were set up Affleck would have gone to WB studios with a load of scripts an insisted WB gave the green light to some future directorial projects.

Anyway, as has been mentioned before, Affleck won't be the issue or the saviour for this film. The film is completely in the wrong hands and will definitely be rubbish. Its written by Goyer and directed by Snyder for gods sakes. You wonder why Hollywood does this and gets so many big decisions wrong.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2013, 11:09:11 am »
If they want him to continue as Bale had done and basically do a Bale impression, he'll fail because he isn't as good an actor as Bale.  If they let him do it his own way I think he could be an interesting choice.....as long as he doesn't do 'that' accent.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2013, 11:39:47 am »
Dreams of an Adam West return are crushed.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2013, 11:55:18 am »
Dreams of a Kevin Conroy return are crushed  :(

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2013, 12:31:11 pm »
3 pages and no one has brought up that he was the bomb in Phantoms? For shame.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »
Should have hired this guy to do a double role. Frankly if he can't,  no one can.

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2013, 04:26:13 pm »

Anyway, as has been mentioned before, Affleck won't be the issue or the saviour for this film. The film is completely in the wrong hands and will definitely be rubbish. Its written by Goyer and directed by Snyder for gods sakes. You wonder why Hollywood does this and gets so many big decisions wrong.

Same reasons as the FA.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »
I'd have cast Sam Rockwell, brilliant character actor who could transfer to the leading man role.

Rockwell has a great unpredictablity in his work his acting choices are always interesting.

Affleck would make a better Superman the more clean cut leading man style, Batman, you want some contrast, an outsider, with shades of grey. Rockwell would do this well, would probably need a gym membership though.     
No time for caution.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2013, 08:40:08 pm »
I'd have cast Sam Rockwell, brilliant character actor who could transfer to the leading man role.

Rockwell has a great unpredictablity in his work his acting choices are always interesting.

Affleck would make a better Superman the more clean cut leading man style, Batman, you want some contrast, an outsider, with shades of grey. Rockwell would do this well, would probably need a gym membership though.     

He already kind of played Superman.

Whilst Sam Rockwell is a fairly decent shout, I can't really see him as being a believable Batman, can you? It's definitely a far leftfield choice, but feels a bit too far left. I dunno though, who could say? No-one knows nothing...

Whilst I haven't given the new Batman much thought, I seriously think that if the producers wanted to recast someone for the Joker, they couldn't look further than Michael Shannon. Of course, he's already been cast as Zod in Man of Steel, so it probably wouldn't happen, but... There is one person who I thought would have made a good Joker before Ledger, and that man is Michael Sheen.

Have you seen that fucker smile? With his theatrical background, I'm sure he could bring a bit of much needed physicality to the role. THe only way I could see someone taking the Joker role now, (after Nicholson and Ledger), is going down the route of giving an allround physical performance.

I know Heath Ledger did a very good job physically... But a bit more theatrical-like, a bit more Dell'Arte like. One thing that Carrey did with The Riddler that was interesting was his physical performance, he moved brilliantly and his form was particularly pleasing to the eye. (Even if he was irritating).

But the whole Batman thing... I mean, what could they do? Go for the A-List choice, (Like they did with Clooney?), or go for an unknown (Like Cavill). As I've said, I think they made the right choice and can't really think of anyone else who would make sense. The only person who I thought could have possibly been a *better* choice, in a sense, for me, personally, would be Michael Fassbender. But... the thing is, Fassbender would make an absolutely fucking beast of a villain, like... If I was a producer and I had Fassbender's Portfolio in front of me, I'd be torn, because he could make such a good villain.

So yeah, I've looked at these IMDB lists of actors and I've seen some other suggestions, but for me, none of them make any real sense.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:42:50 pm by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »
Fassbender is a great shout to be fair.

Mark Strong would do something good too.

Let's have a Scouse Batman, Scot Williams, get him to get his Meisner on.

No time for caution.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2013, 02:28:39 am »
Having said that, this film probably won't go into the birth of Batman in the way Christopher Nolan's movies did, so he won't need to flesh out the character the way Bale had to. In a way, that is good because Affleck really isn't in the same league. I guess he will portray the confident, brash, millionaire playboy Wayne, which he can do I guess.
It wont and that's a good thing. Batman, Superman and even Spider-man have done to death the origin stories, they don't need to do them anymore, even on a small scale as an introduction in this film. Like Bond they are established, how they came to be and what their motivations for what they are don't need to be explained, the audience exists already and knows all that. So boom start in the middle, it allows time for more story and don't have to waste time.

If the angle is they are going for a Bruce Wayne who is older than Kent, he has to be established and have been caping it for a few years, so they definitely wont be doing an origin story.

Don't think he would work as Batman, he would make a brilliant Joker though.

But this is about Superman and Batman, I doubt the Joker or any major Batman villain is going to be in it. Its a Superman film first, so the bad guy is going to be a Superman bad guy, so Brainiac or Luthor.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2013, 02:36:40 am »
Should do a version of TDKReturns with Clint in the cowl.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2013, 02:57:17 am »
Fighting the crime of loud music and arguing with empty chairs.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2013, 02:07:02 pm »

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2013, 02:10:48 pm »

Well this kind of sums up what I was trying to say above. Anyone who thinks he can't "do" Batman should go and watch Argo, and watch it real hard... like... No Caffiene, no Alcomohol, no fatty foods and certainly no drugs.

Just watch it... And if you don't get it the first time, go and watch it again... then again... It could almost be said that Argo is the perfect Precursor to Batman.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2013, 04:28:01 pm »
I'm not really a big comic fan but the Dark Knight trilogy made me check up a bit on Batman, and he's recently potrayed as a bad-ass borerline psycho isn't he? I hope Affleck tries to go for that. I think he's a decent actor who should do ok here.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2013, 06:57:17 pm »
He had a worldwide army of Batmen called Batman Inc, but that meant that his character had evolved and realised that he couldn't win the war on crime by himself, which DC didn't like and within the last 6-7 months they're reverted him back to the status quo of being the lonely paranoid asshole-to-everyone that he was in the 90s.

Funnily enough when The Dark Knight movie came out, Bruce Wayne was "dead" and people thought the film's box office would be harmed by that.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2013, 09:30:35 pm »
You have to love Patton Oswalt.

Patton Oswalt ·

Yesterday at 6:53pm near Los Angeles, CA, United States ·

No matter how many times you post your stupid "Fire Ben Affleck from Playing Batman" petition, I'm going to delete it and block you. Take a deep breath, and think for a second:

Yeah, the dude's made some bad films. Every actor has. Every actor does. Every actor will. It's a huge, arcing career and NO ONE has control over where it goes. Movie to movie, year to year, you're collaborating and trying and risking and, sometimes, yes -- failing.

Plus, everyone seems to forget that he had the world dropped in his lap when he was YOUNG. And, judging by how other suddenly-famous youngsters do in the same situation, he fared pretty well. Even when it went wrong, he seemed to keep a self-deprecating, long-view philosophy about the burning freak carousel he'd found himself on.

And then what happened? I mean, he'd fallen from a HEIGHT. You know what happens to 95% of people who weather a descent that steep? They come apart, fray at all of their sanity nodes, and give up.

But then there's the 5% who embrace crushing defeat and see it for the gift it is. And here's the gift: when you fail, and fail UTTERLY, you wake up the next morning and see that the world didn't end. And then the fear of failure is gone. And you're free. You're free to proceed on your own terms and pace -- if you have the ego that permits you to.

Ben brushed himself off, realized he'd kept his eyes open on the movies he'd done, and started directing. And he's become a damn good one.

A Batman portrayed by someone who's tasted humiliation and a reversal of all personal valences -- kind of like Grant Morrison's "Zen warrior" version of Batman, post-ARKHAM ASYLUM, who was, in the words of Superman, "...the most dangerous man on the planet"? Think for a second and admit that Ben Affleck is closer to THAT top-shelf iteration of The Dark Knight than pretty much anyone in Hollywood right now.

I'd write more, but I have to go work on my post about how an overweight 44 year-old comedian with bad feet and insomnia would be a bold choice for The Joker.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2013, 07:01:09 am »
You have to love Patton Oswalt.

He's looking for Affleck's cast offs, obviously.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2013, 09:38:29 am »
I've sort of embraced it, although that doesn't mean I have to stop enjoying the memes. Probably my favorite so far -

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:17 pm »

You know, just watching Hollywoodland again and I wish the fucking wanky comic book nerds and Gotham City gamers would grow a fucking pair. Even though it's a slightly hammed performance at times, the lad does a fucking cracking job playing Superman.
Continually on 11,420.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:55 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U4U4he3GgC4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U4U4he3GgC4</a>
Decent fan made trailer.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2013, 10:35:43 pm »
This film is the biggest cake of meh, ever.

Zack Snyder started out great but just gets worse every movie, I loved Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen was good, then he become encrusted in his own "brilliance".

Good luck turning around a script that introduces Batman and does justice to both characters. They have until about January, when they need to start shooting this thing.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:49 pm »

Always thought Pacino...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2013, 11:56:17 pm »
Look if this no good it wont really be down to the director, the cast or the writing, any Superman film is fundamentally flawed from the outset because the character of Superman is a fucking dickhead.

He just doesn't translate well to the screen and he never will.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »
Look if this no good it wont really be down to the director, the cast or the writing, any Superman film is fundamentally flawed from the outset because the character of Superman is a fucking dickhead.

See, I would have said this was equally, if not more, true, of The Mighty Thor. But that was a decent movie, and in the Avengers, he was pretty cool. There is probably a way to make a good Superman movie (the first Chris Reeve was very good for the time)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2013, 12:03:59 am »

All you have to do is watch George Reeves' Superman to see this. Donners outting weren't too bad though.

Ensemble's and Groups, it's all a bit shit now though... But, I guess it's where the money's at.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:25 am »
I don't think WB know how to make use of ANY of their DC characters, let alone Superman. How fucking hard is it to make a Wonder Woman film? Seriously. It's the one thing Marvel can't compete with because they don't have a big female character that can be a solo success (You can't just do a solo film with Invisible Woman/Jean Grey/Rogue). Watch them build up Carol Danvers and get that made before WW though.

Part of what Superman does is that he inspires you to be and do better. We are still living in a very tense post-9/11 world where we could metaphorically do with someone like him to lift us out of this attitude we all have with each other. But "hey lets make a film where he smashes skyscrapers apart, has his dad borderline bully him his entire childhood, and then at the end we'll do the one thing he's not supposed to do and that's kill the bad guy."

It's said that WB suits are always asking the writers at DC "How can we make Superman more like Batman?" which is cringeworthy and reason for resignation. There's a comic coming out now called "Superman Unchained", which is from a Batman writer, where Superman dwells in the Batcave and has Batman do his detective work for him. It's their wet fucking dream.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2013, 12:47:38 am »
I don't think WB know how to make use of ANY of their DC characters, let alone Superman. How fucking hard is it to make a Wonder Woman film? Seriously. It's the one thing Marvel can't compete with because they don't have a big female character that can be a solo success (You can't just do a solo film with Invisible Woman/Jean Grey/Rogue). Watch them build up Carol Danvers and get that made before WW though.

You can see they've been trying to do that with Ms/Captain Marvel for a while now. Before that it was Spider-Woman.
I think a She-Hulk movie could work, though.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:50 am »
The main trouble is his adversaries, because he is so powerful, from another planet, only one of his kind do dah, well it cuts down the challenges he has to face. In every outing there has been they have had to resort to him getting cats out of trees, battling natural disasters, either natural or created/caused by the bad guy and the fucking weather, all extremely dull really. There is fuck all they can do about it as well, as its set in stone he is near invincible.
In the Singer version they have him stop a bank robbery, the robbers have a helicopter and a fucking Vulcan cannon off an F-15 on the roof, just so he can stand in front of it and show how tough he is, oh please do fuck off.

One way to go is inward, less action man, more introspection. The I'm so powerful, this is all such a burden, I cant be everywhere and save everyone, I'm an intergalactic superhuman invincible emo teenager with angst and no one understands me version. Oh not to mention the I'm just a teenager in love with Lois Lane and I wanna fuck her, but cant because I'll blow out her spine when I shoot my beans version. Sounds dead fucking interesting and I don't think.

The first two Reeve versions there was at least a progression of story, the first was an origin setting up the second, the second gave him some meat to deal with in General Zod and co. That was what the original was for, second was generally botched because of the change of directors and tone. A time honoured tradition of people who don't understand comics, yet try to make films out of them. They think when making comic book films that the comic bit means comedic and they aim squarely at the kid market, to sell toys whoopee! Thankfully this aspect seems to be happening less and less. However, don't think they aren't waiting there to do it again and fuck it all up, only have to look at how the '89 Batman run went.

You also have the fact that politically he is very iffy these days. It can work in comics, due to the hyper reality on the page. However on film, where these films need to be generally set in the real world, truth, justice and the American way is so out dated. He might as well stand for neo-con fascism and multi-national corporate greed.
I mean that also ties into the villain aspect. One which was so ruthlessly parodied by Myers Doctor Evil. Lex Luthor is a fucking school boy really, he could rip off all kinds of money and be king dick and never even break the law these days. Shall I steal nukes and try to cause an earth quake that makes California fall into the sea or leverage buy out a car company and liquidate it? Hmm tough choice. Ooh what about starting a war and plundering a countries oil reserves? Now there is the American way in action.
The point is we live in a world now where the lines between good guy and bad guy are really fuzzy, its not so clear cut as east v west communism and free market capitalism cold war. Cant even go the route that Hollywood was going after the fall of the Berlin wall, of having religious extremists be the big bad guys, to iffy, to close to reality, not in a film which is meant to be family friendly and appeal to the widest demographic possible. The first Ironman does skirt this reality, but then that's part of Starks character arch, from arms dealer to super hero, so it works.

If they are going to do Luthor they need to make his motivations beyond money, they have to make him a nutter, who just wants to wreck the world, oh wait, oooh I know, like a mad man who just wants to watch the world burn, I've heard that before some place. You see Batman will be better, with his moral ambiguity meeting Superman's rigid law abiding citizen.

As I said, super boy scout is really difficult to bring to the screen, it just boils down to him being a cardboard cut out dickhead of a character, who no longer works in todays world. He doesn't have a darkside, he is boring as fuck, he is actually more Clarke Kent than he is Superman. Helps old ladies across the street, got his campfire singing Kum ba yah badge an shit. Ok lets make him dark, lets have him shag birds, get drunk and flick peanuts breaking mirrors in bars, that worked.
A way of doing it is to maybe set it in the past or make the reality you put him be ultra fantastical, a world in which he fits, no Nixon, no Vietnam, no cold war, no 9/11, 1950's values, which the original Donner films did really, so he doesn't jar the senses with his bullshit. Lets be honest, that sounds like it would be fucking shite and its been done.

See when you add up all those factors, putting Batman in a film with him is a great idea. Not just from the cross over omg fanboy we'll see's dem on screen together squeeeee shite! No, but as I have said previously, to give Superman something to bounce off and reflect. Its common enough to have a hero in a film be a cardboard cutout Dudley doright dildo, but have the adversary be all smart, dark and edgy, that's Batman to a T! Oh usually English, but not this time. So it might just turn out to be the best thing they ever do for Superman, making him less of a dim-witted apple polishing schoolboy, but a 3-D interesting character with a bit of depth.

Man of Steel is basically the first two Reeve films in one go, does away with the Luthor element, goes origin and straight for Zod, it kinda works, because its basically the two films mashed together. They have kinda shot their bolt with having Zod appear as the adversary in the first film, it really left them nowhere to go in villain terms. Does make you wonder if this whole Batman combo thing isn't as rushed as it seems. Maybe it was always planned they would do a combo movie as a sequel, as a two fold way of turning Batman over for a quick reboot and raking it in with a cross over.
They could of done Luthor next, the whole brains brawn thing that goes on between them, but then this version of Superman isn't exactly a dunce. So having Batman put him in his place makes sense and will be rather fun really, as long as he beats the fuck out of him.

It will be interesting to see how they approach it really. If they follow the Dark knight arch, that he has become a stooge for the government, fights wars for the US and such it might work. That politically he follows the government of the days political line and the rigidity of the law. But given what happened in Man of Steel, it doesn't seem like they will be having him go the way of g-man. Although that can be changed, so that might be the arch, that serves to bring him into conflict with Batman. Don't know how easy that will be to get on screen, as all that stuff happens years later and they would really need to do a film in the middle to get there in the third.
Ah, now maybe that's the idea. This first one ends with Superman having to make the deal of becoming the G-man stooge, as long as everyone else goes away and behaves. Setting up a third film, where Batman comes back and they are in conflict, then Batman beats fuck out him. That scenario would also tie in with doing a JLA film, maybe in the middle. Showing all these characters, that the government then wants reigned in, and they use Kent as the means to do so.

It might work "You sold us out, Clark. You gave them the power that should have been ours. Just like your parents taught you. My parents taught me a different lesson... lying on this street... shaking in deep shock... dying for no reason at all. They showed me that the world only makes sense when you force it to."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:26 am »
Damn amateurs are better than the professionals these days. This fan trailer is fantastic:

http://mashable.com/2013/08/27/ben-affleck-bryan-cranston-batman/
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2013, 10:11:31 am »
Damn amateurs are better than the professionals these days. This fan trailer is fantastic:

http://mashable.com/2013/08/27/ben-affleck-bryan-cranston-batman/
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U4U4he3GgC4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U4U4he3GgC4</a>
Decent fan made trailer.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:03 am »
That fan trailer is bloody brilliant.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2013, 11:16:02 am »
That fan trailer is bloody brilliant.
Pity the Cranston rumour is still only just a rumour.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:05 am »
Pity the Cranston rumour is still only just a rumour.

I want him as Commissioner Gordon rather than Lex. Sure he'd do a brilliant job as either though.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2013, 11:31:26 am »
What would Gordon's role be in this though assuming most of the action is set in Metropolis.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

I honestly think in The Dark Knight Rises, Bale's Batman was becoming a bit stale and stagnant. He was vehemently overshadowed totally in The Dark Knight and whilst he played a fine role in Batman Begins, he still went at it with broad strokes if you ask me. I enjoyed Bale's performances, I really did and I think he's a great actor, but as I say, I found his definition of Batman/BW a bit too polarised. (Which is something that I said from Dark Knight).

Clooney was far too pedestrian, and the movie was terribly produced, terribly scripted and Joel Schumacher should just hang his head in shame. However, as I say, Clooney didn't explore the character at all, he was there as a reader and for all intents and purposes, Schumacher's Batman's are all about the interplaying ensemble than anything else. So I mean, whilst people severley criticise Clooney's Batman, I don't blame Clooney himself, I blame the film itself. He did what he could with what he had at the time.

Practically, I'd pretty much say the same about Kilmer. What Kilmer did was to create a pastiche of a character, struggling with the dynamism of his own character, and his need for duality. Whilst this didn't really come across so much in the film, it was all about BIG characters, BIG actors portraying the characters that they fleshed out. What is interesting about Kilmer's role is the very distinct themes where he almost fights to keep Batman and Bruce Wayne apart.

But then, for me, personally, Keaton played Batman/BW to a tee. Slightly quirky, slightly sinister and almost with a naive charm that shows the duplicitous nature of Batman/BW. His physicality and manner is what sold it for me, even clown-like in his ways at times.

I think each have their own merits to a degree, and whilst personally I do have favourites, professionally I can objectively see the performances and governing dynamics of each outing and I think they should all, more or less, be given their own status within a series.

Affleck is a good choice, he has a good bit of stock since Argo and The Town and whilst I didn't like him when Armageddon came out, he has certainly grown on me as an all round performer.

Good post.

Not impressed when I first found out but given some thought I think he's going to surprise many.

Then again, wasn't impressed at all with Man of Steel so regardless of who plays who in this new movie, the script is going to have to be bloody good!

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »
What would Gordon's role be in this though assuming most of the action is set in Metropolis.

Probably not a major one in this film, but you have to imagine there'll be plenty of Gotham-set action in future movies.

If Batman has been operating for a while, does that mean Robin exists? Wouldn't mind seeing an older Dick Grayson who is now Nightwing.