Author Topic: Edge of Terminator. Live, Die, Repeat.  (Read 56425 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Edge of Terminator. Live, Die, Repeat.
« Reply #480 on: September 28, 2017, 07:37:18 pm »
Basically they need to introduce a "younger" Terminator model who can take over from Arnie.  Maybe Skynet has phased the Arnie style Terminator out because it's too well recognised by the Resistance and you have just one ageing version left....
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: September 28, 2017, 08:48:15 pm »
Basically they need to introduce a "younger" Terminator model who can take over from Arnie.  Maybe Skynet has phased the Arnie style Terminator out because it's too well recognised by the Resistance and you have just one ageing version left....

Having dozens of Arnie-style Terminators was a kind of misconception of the franchise, I've always felt. I don't think it was ever the intention of the first film. I mean there was the original Arnie, and then one that was captured and sent back to protect him in T2 but that doesn't imply that they all looked like that.  In the first film, it shows another Terminator that looked radically different tearing up a rebel stronghold.  Skynet made the T-800 to be an infiltration unit that would pass as human.  It would be pretty stupid to make them all look the same.

I know there was that deleted scene in T3 that suggested they all look like Arnie because they were based on the DNA of one soldier, but I think it's fair to pretty much discount anything after T2.

So in short, it makes more sense to not have Arnie in it than to have him.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: September 29, 2017, 12:29:20 am »
Having dozens of Arnie-style Terminators was a kind of misconception of the franchise, I've always felt. I don't think it was ever the intention of the first film. I mean there was the original Arnie, and then one that was captured and sent back to protect him in T2 but that doesn't imply that they all looked like that.  In the first film, it shows another Terminator that looked radically different tearing up a rebel stronghold.  Skynet made the T-800 to be an infiltration unit that would pass as human.  It would be pretty stupid to make them all look the same.

I know there was that deleted scene in T3 that suggested they all look like Arnie because they were based on the DNA of one soldier, but I think it's fair to pretty much discount anything after T2.

So in short, it makes more sense to not have Arnie in it than to have him.

The T800 is the skeleton. The T600's had rubber skin and were easily detected. The model number, 101, is the Arnold skin variant. The 102 would be different, as would the 103 etc. Skynet only used the 101 twice in the movies (T1 and offscreen in T3), the resistance used it three times which suggests they may have had access to only that model.

They're made on an assembly line, so it makes sense there'd be a few of them. The majority you see in the movies are skinless T800s anyway
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: September 29, 2017, 01:16:03 am »
They should make a film with Sarah driving around with a skinless T-800, drinking, smoking and going to parties.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2019, 01:28:11 pm »

Written by David Goyer  :duh :shite:

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2019, 02:35:36 pm »
Written by David Goyer  :duh :shite:

Didn't know who he was so looked him up, only good things he's written are the Batman trilogy and those were co-written with the Nolan's oh and the first Blade

Everything else is rather shite so not got high hopes for this.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2019, 06:43:21 pm »
It's pretty much what you'd expect.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jCyEX6u-Yhs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jCyEX6u-Yhs</a>
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2019, 08:02:10 pm »
I know it's only a teaser, but that film actually looks... good.  :o

Maybe the bar is just real low by now.  I mean, Revenge of the Sith kinda low. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: May 23, 2019, 08:05:36 pm »
So this is really T3 right ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: May 23, 2019, 08:45:42 pm »
I’m a big Terminator fan. I was 8 years old when I saw Terminator for the first time, 9 when I saw T2 in summer 1991. Loved it and all the art behind it all.

Had high hopes for this with the three main players back but looks a bit boring and generic to me. Very cgi heavy.

Will still watch it like all the other crap ones they have made.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 23, 2019, 09:17:33 pm »
I’m a big Terminator fan. I was 8 years old when I saw Terminator for the first time, 9 when I saw T2 in summer 1991. Loved it and all the art behind it all.

Had high hopes for this with the three main players back but looks a bit boring and generic to me. Very cgi heavy.

Will still watch it like all the other crap ones they have made.

By this point there's not a lot left you can do with the franchise.  It's cat and mouse, rinse repeat.  4 and 5 tried to break the mould somewhat, but interesting concepts were let down by botched stories and some of the worst acting I've seen in a big movie.  (I don't mind T3; it's a bit like Mad Max 3 - good in its own way as long as you don't compare it to the earlier films.)

This looks like it gets back to basics - simple story, supported by decent acting and some interesting concepts.  We'll see.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 23, 2019, 11:10:41 pm »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: May 23, 2019, 11:22:50 pm »
It's pretty much what you'd expect.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jCyEX6u-Yhs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jCyEX6u-Yhs</a>
Actually thought that was Katie Hopkins

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2019, 11:40:21 pm »
Didn't know who he was so looked him up, only good things he's written are the Batman trilogy and those were co-written with the Nolan's oh and the first Blade

Everything else is rather shite so not got high hopes for this.

Goyer has done a lot of crap, but he's one of three writers.

The other one that's done some work, Billy Ray, has also done a number of fairly good things.

Shattered Glass
Flightplan
Captain Phillips
Overlord

So I'm not too discouraged.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2019, 08:44:17 am »
Wait! aren't the liquid Terminators supposed to look.....you know....menacing? :/

and she looks like she's 90

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #495 on: May 24, 2019, 09:51:32 am »

Wait...what now?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2019, 10:03:29 am »
Skipping this. Looks awful. The last Terminator movie was a disgrace. They made John Conner a Terminator? I'm out.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #497 on: May 24, 2019, 02:37:38 pm »

For me, yes :)

T3 wasn't too bad - had it's moments - though somewhat lacking in quality of the previous two films. The other 2 later films were unfortunately quite forgettable.

Quite looking forward to this.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 24, 2019, 02:56:42 pm »
Wait...what now?

It is Camerons sequel to Judgement day

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 24, 2019, 04:01:28 pm »
Skipping this. Looks awful. The last Terminator movie was a disgrace. They made John Conner a Terminator? I'm out.

They're pretending that movie didn't happen.

Wait! aren't the liquid Terminators supposed to look.....you know....menacing? :/

and she looks like she's 90

They're supposed to infiltrate, not scare people.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 24, 2019, 05:56:32 pm »
Yeah, Lance Henriksen was originally supposed to be the T-800 in the original until Arnie came along. He'd have been good but lacked the obvious physicality. Robert Patrick was brilliant as the T-1000 and even Summer Glau was good. The problem with Terminator was once you do T2 with a machine that can shape shift and morph into anything, it's sort of hard to top that.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 24, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »
If this is the real follow up to T2 then how the fuck did Arnie survive going into the lava at the end of T2?!

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #502 on: May 24, 2019, 08:15:41 pm »
If this is the real follow up to T2 then how the fuck did Arnie survive going into the lava at the end of T2?!

He could be the flesh and blood soldier that skynet took the DNA from, maybe that’s the point of the film, if they kill him then the events of the trilogy don’t happen the same.... it’s a reach admittedly.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 24, 2019, 10:59:32 pm »
Probably just me on this one, and I know you're meant suspend disbelief when it comes to action films but what I enjoyed about T1 and T2 was the action sequences weren't drastically over the top, kind of looked natural within the realm of a sci-fi/action film. That trailer above with aeroplanes colliding and them climbing all over the outside of it is just going over the top, just doesn't do it for me. Looks like the film is going to be bloated with overdone CGI sequences for "wow" factor, so it's lowered my expectations quite a bit. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me if Arnie is in this for 10 minutes max and only really a marketing tool to get people to turn up like that Expendables film he had 1 line in

You're not alone.  I had the same feeling watching Matrix Reloaded.  I was like, "Oh look.  Another stunning action set piece.  Yay."  I just had no enthusiasm for what I was seeing because it was all just so... disposable.  And they knew it, which is why they showed Trinity's "death" at the very beginning to try and keep you emotionally invested.

This film takes some good concepts from the botched movies - like the TX, with an endo-skeleton surrounded by the poly-alloy, and the human/terminator "hybrid" from Salvation - and trying to (hopefully) stitch them into a good movie.

Cameron has said Arnie is a T-800 in this so technically there's no reason for him not to feature.  We'll just have to see I suppose. 

CGI set pieces is just something we have to deal with now.  All I can say is that this certainly has a different "feel" to it then the last two movies.  It just comes across as vaguely competent. 

If Christian Bale has reprised the John Connor role for Genisys then the continuity might have made it more bearable - and if they'd showed his humanity wrestling with his implanted terminator nature it could have salvaged something.  Instead it was bland, dull, and there's only so much you can do with a PG 13 rating.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:39 pm »

He's probably a different Terminator to that one.  By this point we have no way of knowing how many have been sent back, or to which times. 

It no longer seems to be "canon", but in Genisys, "Pops" was sent back to the 70s to protect a young Sarah.  I've not watched the whole thing, but I'm guessing a T-1000 wiped out her family back then.  I imagine they've adapted that concept for this film, as they've appropriated other concepts.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 24, 2019, 11:57:10 pm »

It's a different one each time.

Yeah, Lance Henriksen was originally supposed to be the T-800 in the original until Arnie came along. He'd have been good but lacked the obvious physicality. Robert Patrick was brilliant as the T-1000 and even Summer Glau was good. The problem with Terminator was once you do T2 with a machine that can shape shift and morph into anything, it's sort of hard to top that.

Yeah Cameron made a great movie, then a better sequel. But it was perfectly done. Up the stakes within reason, T1000 was a better Terminator than the 800, but that's where it ended. Then there's a TX and a Summer Glau and whatever John became and it's just a bit much.

Even in this one, the fucking drone crashing into the plane...why is this happening in a Terminator movie? There's nothing claustrophobic and tense about that.

Agree with whoever mentioned Matrix Reloaded. Action for the sake of action, all with no sense of immersion.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 25, 2019, 09:07:40 am »
It's a different one each time.

Yeah Cameron made a great movie, then a better sequel. But it was perfectly done. Up the stakes within reason, T1000 was a better Terminator than the 800, but that's where it ended. Then there's a TX and a Summer Glau and whatever John became and it's just a bit much.

Even in this one, the fucking drone crashing into the plane...why is this happening in a Terminator movie? There's nothing claustrophobic and tense about that.

Agree with whoever mentioned Matrix Reloaded. Action for the sake of action, all with no sense of immersion.

Being trapped in a burning tin can in the sky while a terminator clambers around the outside of it sounds pretty tense and claustrophobic to me, though I don't like flying at the best of times!

This is a wait and see for me. I didn't bother with Genysis or Salvation but this looks like it could go either way, the team behind it looks strong enough and I'm not fussed whether Arnie is in it properly or just as a cameo. The trailer looked decent and while it was all action, it's just a trailer. It's apparently gonna be rated R too which is good.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: August 30, 2019, 11:32:55 pm »
New trailer has dropped.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oxy8udgWRmo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oxy8udgWRmo</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #508 on: September 1, 2019, 09:09:39 pm »
Can someone explain to me if this is a direct sequel to T2, how can Arnie be in this as a reprogrammed “good” terminator???
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: September 1, 2019, 09:40:39 pm »
Can someone explain to me if this is a direct sequel to T2, how can Arnie be in this as a reprogrammed “good” terminator???
Is he a T-800 in this, or human? It's a bit ambiguous still as to what the characters actually are, and so far, the trailers haven't really exposed much in the way of actual plot details. For that reason, I don't really think they're good trailers at all, but for some reason, this might actually end up being somewhat OK, as it normally turns out to be the case these days with films getting awful trailers and actually end up being decent enough. Although the previous three films in this series won't be doing it any favours either. For that reason alone, I'm willing to watch it just to see if it can somehow manage to have any redeeming qualities to it, and leave the series open to where everyone wanted to see it going since 1992, and that's to the future war the way Cameron depicted it in T1 and T2. Not that Salvation bollocks.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 09:43:09 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: September 1, 2019, 09:50:57 pm »

He's too old to do any of the stunts  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: September 1, 2019, 10:03:27 pm »

It's never the same Arnold. They explain it every time!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: September 1, 2019, 10:13:28 pm »
It's probably too much to ask for some plausible reasoning behind it. Unless he's actually human, that'd make some sense.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: September 2, 2019, 02:48:30 am »
It's probably too much to ask for some plausible reasoning behind it. Unless he's actually human, that'd make some sense.

They explained it! There's an assembly line and they print them off! Why don't people understand this!?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #514 on: September 2, 2019, 11:27:53 am »
They explained it! There's an assembly line and they print them off! Why don't people understand this!?
#

because he's clearly helping the humans in the trailer. There might be an assembly line of Arnie Terminators, but as far as we know, only one was ever captured and reprogrammed to be good (T2) and he's been melted.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: September 2, 2019, 12:35:22 pm »
This film lost me in about 3 seconds of the first trailer when one of the characters did a spin flip jump onto the truck. Then I watched the new trailer and one of the characters got hit and did about 8 gravity and physics defying spins through the air.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: September 2, 2019, 01:40:12 pm »
#

because he's clearly helping the humans in the trailer. There might be an assembly line of Arnie Terminators, but as far as we know, only one was ever captured and reprogrammed to be good (T2) and he's been melted.

I know they no longer all count but they've reprogrammed Arnolds three times in 5 movies, it's just a thing they do.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: September 2, 2019, 01:40:58 pm »
Should of left it at T2

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: September 2, 2019, 01:59:59 pm »
This film lost me in about 3 seconds of the first trailer when one of the characters did a spin flip jump onto the truck. Then I watched the new trailer and one of the characters got hit and did about 8 gravity and physics defying spins through the air.
We unfortunately live in a world where there is a new cookie-cutter superhero movie coming out every month. So they're pandering to that audience.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: September 3, 2019, 12:51:01 am »
People have understood that from the first teaser trailer of T2 where it showed the T-800 being moulded and then skinned into Arnie. That's not the issue here. As has been said, we know of only two T-800's being sent back through time. Both were destroyed. Is this a 3rd one that got sent? Is this the one that got sent in T3 timeline and the female terminator didn't go through or something? It's also weird that Sarah tried to shoot him as soon as she sees him, even though this is canon, and this is supposed to be directly after the events of T2 where the T-800 was on her side.