Author Topic: Jeremy Kyle and his "lie detector" tests.  (Read 16839 times)

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jeremy Kyle and his "lie detector" tests.
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:26 pm »
I hope there's a legal case following the death of this man. If so, I can't see many pursuing Kyle and creating a similar show. Shit show like so many others further damaging vulnerable and insecure people. Good riddance!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2019, 12:19:53 pm »
Apparently, he stole from his first wife's savings & faked illness to get more money, so how the fuck he stands there lecturing a guest, fucking hypocrite, i despised his show.

He did? I'll Google that now mate. He just always comes across as a smarmy bellend. I never watched the show out of choice; if I popped round to a relatives or my Nans in the morning for a cuppa it would be on or in a waiting room or something. But it doesn't take many viewings to see how morally bankrupt it is as a show.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2019, 12:29:32 pm »
I hope there's a legal case following the death of this man.

There has to be an inquest one would assume, given the nature of the death.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2019, 01:52:40 pm »
Few shows wind me up like this one. The guy is a class prick. Often shouting all sorts at guests after believing first guests story only to be proven wrong through a lie detector test and then offering no apology whatsoever.

Another one is Graham , sitting there whilst JK rips into these guests. Some, who are vulnerable and yet Graham, a fucking counsellor sits there with jack shit to say and has the fucking nerve to offer help after JK has made a right Royal twat out of them on national tv for something they haven't even been guilty of.

If he had anything aboot him, he'd tell JK to wind his fucking neck in, as he's not helping the situation.

Made me laugh earlier reading something online from itv saying something along the lines of "The well being of our guests is paramount and our welfare team is on hand at anytime to offer help and support to any of guest before,during or after the show"

Fuck off

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2019, 02:07:37 pm »
I briefly flicked over to GMB this morning and watched Piers Moron interviewing George Galloway about what a great guy Kyle really is. Case closed.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2019, 02:39:01 pm »
Good riddance. How people are entertained by watching some of the most vulnerable members of society being laughed at is beyond me. It's a modern day Victorian freak show in my opinion.

The BBC have interviewed an ex-runner from the programme and some of the shit that went on behind the cameras is cruel and demeaning but not at all surprising.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2019, 03:23:36 pm »
Good riddance. How people are entertained by watching some of the most vulnerable members of society being laughed at is beyond me. It's a modern day Victorian freak show in my opinion.

The BBC have interviewed an ex-runner from the programme and some of the shit that went on behind the cameras is cruel and demeaning but not at all surprising.

Here's the interview.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48266570
#Sausages

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2019, 03:25:50 pm »

I agree with you but it's not Kyle's fault these people haven't had a good education or are affected by austerity et al...

I don't see much wrong with the show, the guests get paid quite a bit to go on there and as far as I know they can get support from people associated with the show afterwards. It does seem like a 'freak show' but the recent outrage is misplaced and very knee-jerk.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2019, 04:14:23 pm »
I agree with you but it's not Kyle's fault these people haven't had a good education or are affected by austerity et al...

I don't see much wrong with the show, the guests get paid quite a bit to go on there and as far as I know they can get support from people associated with the show afterwards. It does seem like a 'freak show' but the recent outrage is misplaced and very knee-jerk.

Haha fucking hell.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2019, 04:23:50 pm »
He was both host and parasite.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2019, 04:32:15 pm »
...it's not Kyle's fault these people haven't had a good education or are affected by austerity et al...

Oh that’s alright then.

The show’s whole raison d'etre is about getting vulnerable people on, make them angry and allow the public to laugh and sneer at them. If that’s where we are at as a society then count me out.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2019, 04:38:19 pm »
Nooruddean @BeardedGenius
6h6 hours ago

Farewell you horrible life-ruining, poverty-shaming, class-mocking, down-punching, illness-exploiting, verbally-abusive, emotionally-damaging, shit-stirring, mob-rousing, violence-promoting, morally-bankrupt, faux-indignant, shame-faced bug-eyed Tory fuckwit twat.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2019, 04:43:50 pm »

Are you for real or what. :butt

Reading other forums/articles by insiders, most of the guests were deliberately targeted & emotionally manipulated to go on the show by producers/researchers, they targeted halfway houses/dropout centres for those with mental health/addiction issues, apparently vetting was inadequate as they more interested in ratings, seems like aftercare was a joke as well, it was no more than bear baiting, humiliating/screaming at guests, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened, here's a bit of what went on behind the scenes

Here's one onm the pathetic ITV aftercare
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lucy-spraggan-slams-itvs-aftercare-16030731
#Sausages

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2019, 05:42:32 pm »
The king of the gypsies has fallen
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2019, 08:20:46 pm »
Good riddance I deed. Disgraceful show and a c*nt of a presenter

I'm in a minority obviously but I enjoyed bits of the show. The parts where they reunited family members was always really quite moving, especially for some people who had been in care and don't have the time, connection or money to search for long lost relatives. I also think the work that was done in getting people off addiction was sometimes successful and enabled people to get control of their lives once again. I had mixed feelings about the tests they made people do. But for families who were forced to confront violent people and who had no one to turn to, I can understand how they would think a show like this was an answer for them. I remember a case where a woman of 73 was being threatened by her grandson, who would often pin her to the wall demanding money off her for drugs. In the end he actually turned his life around, without the show who knows what could have happened. I don't especially like Kyle, but I do think we all have hypocritical leanings of one thing or another. I certainly hope they do another show where people are helped to trace relatives, its a tragedy when some parent refuse to let their children know who their mother or father is. Everyone has a right to know that at least.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2019, 02:12:13 am »
Few shows wind me up like this one. The guy is a class prick. Often shouting all sorts at guests after believing first guests story only to be proven wrong through a lie detector test and then offering no apology whatsoever.

Another one is Graham , sitting there whilst JK rips into these guests. Some, who are vulnerable and yet Graham, a fucking counsellor sits there with jack shit to say and has the fucking nerve to offer help after JK has made a right Royal twat out of them on national tv for something they haven't even been guilty of.

If he had anything aboot him, he'd tell JK to wind his fucking neck in, as he's not helping the situation.

Made me laugh earlier reading something online from itv saying something along the lines of "The well being of our guests is paramount and our welfare team is on hand at anytime to offer help and support to any of guest before,during or after the show"

Fuck off

I could never quite understand Graham being on that show. I'm a qualified counsellor myself, and I always wondered why he would want to have any association with the show at all. I've watched it now and again and so many of the people on it are clearly vulnerable, and I've seen Kyle acting in ways which I would personally consider to be potentially dangerous because he clearly likes to push buttons in people. I'm actually surprised that no one has taken their life before now, with the show being a direct contributor.

The lie detector (polygraph) test can be potentially problematic. These things are not 100% accurate. I was just reading an article where Professor Don Grubin, who has trained polygraph examiners here in the UK, stated this -

But Prof Grubin says there are a number of different reasons why a test may be inaccurate. These include the questions being poorly formulated and the interviewer misreading the results.

"If the examiner is well-trained, if the test is properly carried out, and if there's proper quality controls, the accuracy is estimated between 80%-90%," he says, adding that this is higher than the average person's ability to tell if someone is lying.''

So if absolutely everything is done perfectly, we are still looking at only 80% to 90% accuracy. Now that might sound fairly high, but on the Kyle show this is real people's lives, relationships, futures and mental wellbeing at stake. If they get it wrong in a test, that can be devastating for those concerned. Imagine putting your faith in one of these tests, getting what you know is a false result, then having to deal with the fall-out of that. Those stats suggest that Kyle's polygraph tests will have come back with false readings at least once or twice in every ten done, and they have done hundreds of them. It might be fun for the viewer to see if someone gets caught out by the test, but it's all a bit Russian roulette with real people's lives and relationships on the line. My only surprise is that the show has run this long before someone went home and seriously harmed themselves.

Regarding the after care the show provides. An old counsellor friend of mine who has had experience of it told me it was poor. I can't personally vouch for that, but that's what I was told.

Anyway, how ironic that the general public can now snarl and scream at Kyle ... Get. A. Job. Just like the little weasel used to scream at so many of the guests on his show.  :wave
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:16:59 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2019, 04:54:20 am »
Astounded that none of the guests ever knocked that shitehawk out, a smarmy arrogant self important prick.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2019, 06:53:02 am »
Hes a c*nt. It was only ever a platform for him to embarrass and mock his guests. Lots of these guests are vulnerable and have a huge number of different issues and he stood there, shouting at them whilst the audience applauded. Imagine how fucking devastating that would feel.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2019, 11:08:49 am »
Are you for real or what. :butt

Reading other forums/articles by insiders, most of the guests were deliberately targeted & emotionally manipulated to go on the show by producers/researchers, they targeted halfway houses/dropout centres for those with mental health/addiction issues, apparently vetting was inadequate as they more interested in ratings, seems like aftercare was a joke as well, it was no more than bear baiting, humiliating/screaming at guests, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened, here's a bit of what went on behind the scenes

Here's one onm the pathetic ITV aftercare
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lucy-spraggan-slams-itvs-aftercare-16030731

Let's not forget some of the stories that have come out in the Guardian from ex-insiders over the last couple of days. Production staff telling contestants their partners were slagging them off in the other room to wind them up before segments; booking vulnerable guests into hotels with full mini bars so they look hungover the next day; insisting they change into tracksuits supplied by the show to make them look chavvier. It's scummy and I hope this proves the death knell for this kind of show on TV.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2019, 11:33:52 am »

They actually don't get paid a lot at all, it is about £100 plus an all expenses paid night in a hotel.

Fella in works daughter worked on the show for a bit, she was trying to get into TV and this came up through Uni or something, she said it was disgusting the way guests were treated/manipulated.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2019, 12:45:47 pm »
Thought the c*nt had fucked off to the States to peddle this shit.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2019, 12:50:40 pm »
Thought the c*nt had fucked off to the States to peddle this shit.

Apparently that show failed big time. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2019, 01:05:44 pm »
On the few shows i have watched it seems to be the modern day version of going to the coloseum and watching people die, dangerous voyerism of at times desperate and frankly uneducated people.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2019, 02:59:05 pm »
On the few shows i have watched it seems to be the modern day version of going to the coloseum and watching people die, dangerous voyerism of at times desperate and frankly uneducated people.

This. Been that way since Kilroy to be honest. It's pure red meat to the dogs entertainment for people desperate to feel superior over someone and others craving notoriety.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2019, 03:20:20 pm »
Astounded that none of the guests ever knocked that shitehawk out, a smarmy arrogant self important prick.

Steve the security guy wasn't on hand for nothing. You can bet your life he'd have been put on his back long ago only for his security team. He's had some seriously disturbed guests on that show and I've seen a few look like they'd love to get to him. Kyle was always like the shithouse at the back of a crowd taunting you, but knowing full well no one can get to him. Although I don't condone this kind of thing, I'm surprised that he hasn't been knocked out on the street, though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2019, 03:22:30 pm »
Apparently that show failed big time. ;D

I'm not surprised. America had already done that and bought the t-shirt long back with the Jerry Springer Show.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:21 pm »
They actually don't get paid a lot at all, it is about £100 plus an all expenses paid night in a hotel.

Fella in works daughter worked on the show for a bit, she was trying to get into TV and this came up through Uni or something, she said it was disgusting the way guests were treated/manipulated.

A friend of mine did that spin-off show Kyle did. I think it was called Jeremy Kyle's Emergency Room. From what I remember, she got a paid taxi from Liverpool to Salford, all expenses one night stay in a hotel, then the free taxi back to Liverpool. She appeared on-air, but I don't think she was actually paid at all. I think she would have mentioned if she was.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2019, 07:14:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/TSR98_/status/1128594445492944896

Surprised this didn't knock him out, the soft twat.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2019, 07:15:24 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2019, 09:28:03 pm »
Your mum  ;D ;D

It's like people who go to watch race cars hoping for a crash.  The audience want somebody to tw@t Jeremy - and he wants somebody to try, little troll.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2019, 11:26:33 pm »

More like a family day out to the asylum in true Victorian fashion,

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2019, 07:09:25 am »
About 6-7 years ago on of the kids was in Alder Hey after an emergency op, and they gave you a little slip of paper with the ward contact details, visiting times etc. This one had an additional line asking parents to refrain from watching Jeremy Kyle on the bed TV’s lol

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2019, 12:44:28 pm »
There was another fella in one of today's papers saying he attempted suicide after a lie detector test on the Kyle show suggested he'd lied about stealing a gold bangle from a friend of his. He went on the show in an attempt to clear his name, but was devastated when the result came through.

Eventually he saved up the £350 cost of an independent polygraph test with NADAC, the largest polygraph service in the UK, and on that test no deception was indicated.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:33 pm »
There was another fella in one of today's papers saying he attempted suicide after a lie detector test on the Kyle show suggested he'd lied about stealing a gold bangle from a friend of his. He went on the show in an attempt to clear his name, but was devastated when the result came through.

Eventually he saved up the £350 cost of an independent polygraph test with NADAC, the largest polygraph service in the UK, and on that test no deception was indicated.

They used to put some disclaimer banner across the bottom about the accuracy and it being disputed. I've never been one for trusting the lie detectors.

The missus is the one for watching this shite, she'd put it on while getting ready for work, I'd switch off asap, but while it is on you end up watching. I've seen loads who you know are lying and they've failed the test, but plenty who looked genuinely shocked at the result and it will have destroyed relationships when the other person(s) just refuse to believe them.

Shit TV that won't be missed.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2019, 01:22:42 pm »
Yup,never trusted lie detector tests. Ever since Boss Hog tried to frame them Duke boys for moon shining

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2019, 02:08:43 pm »
They used to put some disclaimer banner across the bottom about the accuracy and it being disputed. I've never been one for trusting the lie detectors.

The missus is the one for watching this shite, she'd put it on while getting ready for work, I'd switch off asap, but while it is on you end up watching. I've seen loads who you know are lying and they've failed the test, but plenty who looked genuinely shocked at the result and it will have destroyed relationships when the other person(s) just refuse to believe them.

Shit TV that won't be missed.

This is the problem with it. Or one of them, anyway. I posted something by a professor who said that if absolutely everything is done correctly and interpreted correctly the polygraph is still only 80-90% accurate. Many dispute this and have it at around 70% though. Lets just assume that it's 80% for a moment, and we realise that, potentially, two out of every ten tests done on the show come back with an incorrect result. This show has done hundreds, if not thousands of tests over the years, so the amount of inaccurate results in that time will be quite high. This means some people happily go home with a liar, a cheat or a thief because the polygraph wrongly cleared them. Or you have people going home distraught after the polygraph wrongly outs them as a cheat, a thief or a liar.

Also, we have to consider the types of people who generally go on the show. Many are vulnerable. Many are unstable and many are attention seekers. Lets face it, not many well adjusted people believe that a tabloid television show is the way to go when addressing their problems. There are so many avenues to go down that are far more healthy and far more likely to help you. Being grilled on national television wouldn't even enter my head if I were looking to address relationship or emotional issues. It's clear that most of those who go on the show are not well equipped to deal with their issues, yet the show often sets off a bomb under them and their relationships then pretty much leaves them to pick up the pieces themselves.

For me, if I thought I need a lie detector in my relationship, I'd know automatically that the relationship was not for me. If I can't trust my partner, or she can't trust me; why bother? I wouldn't need to humiliate myself on television and have my partner or I put through a polygraph. I'd already know it was over. Yet so many people go on that show and see it as, potentially, the saviour of either themselves or their relationships, but they put their trust in a test that is flawed anyway. I know the show put up a disclaimer regarding the polygraph, but it's perfectly clear that the guests who come on tend to take it as gospel, and it's these people whose lives can be turned upside down further by the result, be it accurate or not. Kyle always bangs on about how he stands by the test results when guests suggest the result was wrong, then he goads and puts pressure on them to confess. The disclaimer is there, but the host continues to push and push as though the test is always 100% correct.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm only surprised that it's taken this long before a guest killed themselves over the fall-out of going on that show. Kyle's approach is brutal, and when you are dealing with fragile, vulnerable people, that can often backfire. Sometimes tragically. In a way, the show eventually reaped what it has been sowing for so long. That is tragic, yet also inevitable at some point.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2019, 05:50:58 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/tv/leaked-itv-email-explains-real-16275351?fbclid=IwAR35ksraO0M4ZBYoXaIpUsr9yAWoXjm5XiTtrVh4i3W7f5x1BElHf6VMsQY#ICID=FB-Liv-main

Mark Di Stefano 🤙🏻

@MarkDiStef
 NEW: In email to staff about the suspension of The Jeremy Kyle Show after the death of a participant, ITV management says the decision to take it off the air “not in any way a reflection on the show, but the best way we think we can protect the show…"