Author Topic: Not being able to go the game  (Read 31896 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Not being able to go the game
« Reply #40 on: March 8, 2020, 09:55:04 am »
Comical side of it yesterday, players don't shake hands before the match, yet spend 90 minutes grappling with one another and then at the end, all shake hands! Mental.

Its like they've all been down the Green Man.

Implementing the no handshake was clumsy (due to exactly what you've said) but still quite powerful to get the message out there to people, so sort of useful in that respect.
I'm with you - I'm worried about our (potential) next Euro away if we get past Atletico. Nailed on to be an Italian team isn't it. Be near to impossible that one.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 8, 2020, 10:50:33 am »
Implementing the no handshake was clumsy (due to exactly what you've said) but still quite powerful to get the message out there to people, so sort of useful in that respect.
I'm with you - I'm worried about our (potential) next Euro away if we get past Atletico. Nailed on to be an Italian team isn't it. Be near to impossible that one.
I’m guessing if it is, we can’t have fans for the home leg either

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 8, 2020, 11:00:23 am »
Whatever happened to personal choice?  Instead of behind closed cant they just let people make their own decisions.  If its behind closed doors then the match day officials, players and associated game day people will be mixing with each other anyway.  The Stewards I spoke to yesterday were all not arsed about it.  Let people manage their own risk.
Fucking ridiculous

It’s because you can’t choose if you get it or who you pass it to. Your personal choice might make you alright, but your personal choice could kill someone else.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 8, 2020, 11:16:17 am »
It’s because you can’t choose if you get it or who you pass it to. Your personal choice might make you alright, but your personal choice could kill someone else.

but everyone has made that choice to go or not and have considered the risk.  Then whack us quarantine for two weeks.  The club have our names and addresses.  While we have a flights operating and shops open that require touching its unfair to target football.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 8, 2020, 11:21:39 am »
but everyone has made that choice to go or not and have considered the risk.  Then whack us quarantine for two weeks.  The club have our names and addresses.  While we have a flights operating and shops open that require touching its unfair to target football.

Flights are operating, football grounds are open, shops are open. They’re contingency plans in case things get worse.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #45 on: March 8, 2020, 11:23:48 am »
A two week quarantine would guarantee you miss the next game then
YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 8, 2020, 11:32:11 am »
A two week quarantine would guarantee you miss the next game then

Depends how the fixtures fall. Better to go one in 2 than non.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 8, 2020, 11:33:02 am »
Flights are operating, football grounds are open, shops are open. They’re contingency plans in case things get worse.

Well of course its hypothetical and hopefully comes to nothing

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 8, 2020, 11:46:13 am »
From the Sunday times ahead of the meeting on Monday:

• Oliver Dowden, the culture secretary, will hold meetings with sports bodies tomorrow to give them the latest advice before they make decisions on abandoning events or playing them behind closed doors. Current medical advice is there is more chance of contracting the virus by watching games in a pub than at a stadium.

Fair to assume from that (?) that behind closed doors probably won't be the answer as it'll just lead more people to watch in the pub. Either business as usual or postpone/cancel fixtures.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 8, 2020, 01:19:50 pm »
If they move to playing without fans present, the government should mandate that the games are shown on free tv to discourage fans congregating in any pub or friend's house that has the necessary subscription.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #50 on: March 8, 2020, 04:44:27 pm »
German government wants to cancel events with over 1000 people

Online jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #51 on: March 8, 2020, 07:24:47 pm »
If they make the decision to play the rest of the games in empty stadiums,
do they seriously think it will stop people from being there ,
people will still go and drink in the pubs around the stadium just to savour the atmosphere,
Stood outside the kop yesterday and nobody seemed arsed about the coronavirus.
Banning fans will create more problems than it will solve.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 8, 2020, 07:40:11 pm »
If this banning farce goes ahead will it last upto the Chelsea game and the presentation ?

That would be awful

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 8, 2020, 07:40:27 pm »
We'd have to get to Italy levels of outbreak for it to make sense and we are absolutely nowhere near that yet and hopefully never will be

To ban fans before that stage would be absolutely fucking ridiculous

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #54 on: March 8, 2020, 07:45:27 pm »
If this banning farce goes ahead will it last upto the Chelsea game and the presentation ?

That would be awful

Big day tomorrow.

From our crew there was a level of begrudging acceptance that its going to happen. Just as long as we win at Goodison was the general trade off consensus  8)
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 8, 2020, 07:49:00 pm »
Big day tomorrow.

From our crew there was a level of begrudging acceptance that its going to happen. Just as long as we win at Goodison was the general trade off consensus  8)

Fuck that, win it at home to Palace, however the league is done so not massively arsed

Its all about the Chelsea game/Hendo lift. Id be mortified if that was called off.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 8, 2020, 07:53:17 pm »
Fuck that, win it at home to Palace, however the league is done so not massively arsed

Its all about the Chelsea game/Hendo lift. Id be mortified if that was called off.

No expert on pandemic spread(though we seem to have a few experts on RAWK ;D ) I'd hazard a guess and say that if it's like that in a few weeks, we'll be playing at home first game of next season and the presentation will be then.

However, my concern is that from what I read(non RAWK and from the medical profession) this virus is with us for months, into next year as well.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 8, 2020, 07:55:06 pm »
No expert on pandemic spread(though we seem to have a few experts on RAWK ;D ) I'd hazard a guess and say that if it's like that in a few weeks, we'll be playing at home first game of next season and the presentation will be then.

However, my concern is that from what I read(non RAWK and from the medical profession) this virus is with us for months, into next year as well.

That would be gash

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 8, 2020, 07:57:50 pm »
That would be gash

I'm not so fussed on the parades and rattling trinkets thing, am more arsed abar being there when we actually win it, any ban, fucks that up for me.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 8, 2020, 08:02:52 pm »
I'm not so fussed on the parades and rattling trinkets thing, am more arsed abar being there when we actually win it, any ban, fucks that up for me.

Normally Id agree, but this season has been such a procession that it kind of lowers the ecstasy. I wept when Bobby scored at Leicester and then again when Mo scored against the Mancs; the rest has just been extra confirmation.

Up the fucking reds

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 8, 2020, 08:11:58 pm »

Normally Id agree, but this season has been such a procession that it kind of lowers the ecstasy. I wept when Bobby scored at Leicester and then again when Mo scored against the Mancs; the rest has just been extra confirmation.

Up the fucking reds
I agree, that's why winning it at the dump makes it oh, oh, so much sweeter.

I'm taking my best coping saw and a tin of Ronseal wood preserve, to Woodison, so I don't leave any raggy ends or open gashes, as I remove my seat from the Upper Bullens, using my best GCSE grade C woodwork skills, and bring said seat home with me, as a fabulous and poignant memento. 8)

Up the POOL!
« Last Edit: March 8, 2020, 08:16:43 pm by CHOPPER »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 8, 2020, 08:16:26 pm »
I agree, that's why winning it at the dump makes it oh, oh, so much sweeter.

I'm taking my best coping saw and a tin of Ronseal wood preserve, to Woodidon, so I don't leave any raggy ends or open gashes, as I remove my seat from the Upper Bullens, using my best GCSE grade C woodwork skills, and bring said seat home with me, as a fabulous and poignant memento. 8)
Up the POOL!

Never let it be said you're not considerate,  but who doesn't love an open gash!

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 8, 2020, 08:24:18 pm »
Never let it be said you're not considerate,  but who doesn't love an open gash!

An open gash in the old lady, is not a sight I think anyone would like to see! :P

Anyway, back to more pressing matters. Is a next season presentation adequate? This could mean no home parade, no pictures with the trophy, what about even a pre-season tour and all that jazz?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 8, 2020, 08:27:53 pm »
If they make the decision to play the rest of the games in empty stadiums,
do they seriously think it will stop people from being there ,
people will still go and drink in the pubs around the stadium just to savour the atmosphere,
Stood outside the kop yesterday and nobody seemed arsed about the coronavirus.
Banning fans will create more problems than it will solve.
talking to my mum about this and if the government think this is gonna stop people showing up then they don’t know who they are working with. The grounds around anfield don’t have the capacity to deal with large crowds standing around. Closed door football matches are useless if you still have schools, jobs, public transport going etc

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 8, 2020, 08:29:02 pm »
An open gash in the old lady, is not a sight I think anyone would like to see! :P

Anyway, back to more pressing matters. Is a next season presentation adequate? This could mean no home parade, no pictures with the trophy, what about even a pre-season tour and all that jazz?
doesn’t feel right but we might not have a choice if the authorities intervene, we just have to hope common sense comes through

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 8, 2020, 08:35:16 pm »

Not adequate at all. What if some of this years team are no longer here? Its just not the same.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 8, 2020, 08:39:48 pm »
We'd have to get to Italy levels of outbreak for it to make sense and we are absolutely nowhere near that yet and hopefully never will be

To ban fans before that stage would be absolutely fucking ridiculous

If we don’t take precautions we will be. You shouldn’t wait for people to die to prevent other people from dying, you should prevent the initial people from dying.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 8, 2020, 08:40:53 pm »
Whatever happened to personal choice?  Instead of behind closed cant they just let people make their own decisions.  If its behind closed doors then the match day officials, players and associated game day people will be mixing with each other anyway.  The Stewards I spoke to yesterday were all not arsed about it.  Let people manage their own risk.
Fucking ridiculous

Sometimes personal choice has to be restricted for your own good and for the good of others. That's why you don't have a personal choice to wear a seatbelt, it's the law.

I'll be absolutely gutted if games end up getting played behind closed doors or we don't have a parade, but when it comes down to it it's just a football match. People's lives are more important. Anyone saying "this is just the same as flu" is way off the mark.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 8, 2020, 08:52:37 pm »
Sometimes personal choice has to be restricted for your own good and for the good of others. That's why you don't have a personal choice to wear a seatbelt, it's the law.

I'll be absolutely gutted if games end up getting played behind closed doors or we don't have a parade, but when it comes down to it it's just a football match. People's lives are more important. Anyone saying "this is just the same as flu" is way off the mark.

I went the game yesterday. I must have come into contact with about 20 people max. The only ones I touched was my mate next to me and the tickets guy
Football behind closed doors is only effective if everything gets shut down. Pubs, Shops, Work, flights etc. Otherwise its just bollocks

Oh and the seatbelt law is bollocks too

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 8, 2020, 08:55:14 pm »

To some, it isn't 'just' a game of football of 22 blokes kicking a pigs bladder about. To some, its their whole being, to others its their hobby, their thing, their break from the norm.

To take all that away on an assumption of large scale gatherings are bad, how will they deal with the daily commute on buses, trams and trains which numbers the millions every single day?

Football is big business a billion pound sport that is one of, if not the greatest export this sad decrepit country has, so to stop it or to seriously effect it, must, or at least should, be a very considered delicate and forecasted decision.

This virus is with us until next year at least, make no mistakes about that, so where do we go next season?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 8, 2020, 09:03:20 pm »
To some, it isn't 'just' a game of football of 22 blokes kicking a pigs bladder about. To some, its their whole being, to others its their hobby, their thing, their break from the norm.

To take all that away on an assumption of large scale gatherings are bad, how will they deal with the daily commute on buses, trams and trains which numbers the millions every single day?

Football is big business a billion pound sport that is one of, if not the greatest export this sad decrepit country has, so to stop it or to seriously effect it, must, or at least should, be a very considered delicate and forecasted decision.

This virus is with us until next year at least, make no mistakes about that, so where do we go next season?
well put mate

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 8, 2020, 09:03:53 pm »
Eventually they’ll stop all of these things too if it continues at this rate.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 8, 2020, 09:21:40 pm »
I went the game yesterday. I must have come into contact with about 20 people max. The only ones I touched was my mate next to me and the tickets guy
Football behind closed doors is only effective if everything gets shut down. Pubs, Shops, Work, flights etc. Otherwise its just bollocks

Oh and the seatbelt law is bollocks too

Let me tell you, you didn't. In terms of spreading coronavirus, you came into contact with hundreds.

And you might think the seatbelt law is bollocks, I think you're an absolute crank if you do but that's fine. But that being a law saves thousands of lives a year.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 8, 2020, 09:24:06 pm »

The thing is, it is just a game of football. I love football, and as I say I'd be absolutely gutted, but you have to look at something like this objectively. We'd be gutted cos it just so happens to have happened at our moment. Hopefully it won't come to it, but if it does then you can't expect emotion to come into whatever decision is made. I agree with you that decision shouldn't be taken lightly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 8, 2020, 09:26:17 pm »
Let me tell you, you didn't. In terms of spreading coronavirus, you came into contact with hundreds.

Honest question, How so? 

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 8, 2020, 09:32:22 pm »
Honest question, How so? 

Because going to the match puts you in close proximity with a lot of people. Whether it's before the game, walking through the streets, having a pint beforehand, being in the ground, going to the bog, being in your seat, standing waiting to get out among the crowd while it's dispersing. That fella sat behind you singing all game? You're within about two feet of his mouth. Every surface you touch when you're there could have potentially be touched by a lot of people before and after you.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 8, 2020, 09:34:08 pm »
I'm not saying "shut it down" by the way. Just trying to make the point that any sort of hub with a lot of people like the match raises the potential of this spreading.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 8, 2020, 09:38:11 pm »
More countries across Europe banning spectators, becoming a question of when not if I think

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 8, 2020, 10:24:19 pm »
I've been pleasantly surprised at how sensible and measured our government have been in the past week.  But at some stage they'll stop being evidence-driven and kowtow to the baying tabloids.

The experts have already assessed that exposure at a football match is much less likely than watching in a pub.  The only change I would make is closing the catering and saying you have to go straight to your seat.  Apart from going the bog, there's no need to go anywhere else.

Some experts are already predicting that there could be 20 times more people infected than the official statistics say.  If that's true, then the true fatality rate is no worse than flu, so let's hope so.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2020, 10:28:28 pm by MKB »

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 8, 2020, 10:46:12 pm »
In two weeks time you’ll view the governments reaction differently because it’s been shite.