Author Topic: Getting to Anfield after kick off  (Read 2581 times)

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
Getting to Anfield after kick off
« on: February 8, 2020, 09:34:17 am »
A friend of mine is going to our home game against West ham but due to circumstances will not get there until about 20 mins into the game it could possibly be even a little bit later. He's sitting in the Kop, does anyone know if he will still be able to get in, what time do the turnstiles stay open till. Thank you

Online RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Getting to Anfield after kick off
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2020, 10:04:49 am »
A friend of mine is going to our home game against West ham but due to circumstances will not get there until about 20 mins into the game it could possibly be even a little bit later. He's sitting in the Kop, does anyone know if he will still be able to get in, what time do the turnstiles stay open till. Thank you

Yeah, they should be able to. We had an incident where one of us forgot our membership card and it took about 25 minutes for them to get a ticket and into the ground. 

Think it’s HT they stay open until but not 100%

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2020, 11:44:34 am »

I was about half an hour late for a CL game a few years back due to a crash on the motorway, was in 306 and meant to go in turnstile C but had to use A instead I think and someone had to let me up the private back stairs to the top level. All fine though except for missing some goals!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2020, 12:58:25 pm »
I was about 15 minutes for a game 5 years ago, there are plenty of stewards outside who'll direct them to the nearest turnstile.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2020, 03:05:42 pm »
Yeah usually should be fine. You might have to find a steward and enter via a different turnstile that's all.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2020, 03:22:25 pm »
As others have said should be no problem. Had a few occasions this season where my local tickets have scanned red & I've had to go the ticket office to sort it. Sometimes not getting in until 30-35 minutes into the first half

Never had an issue getting in

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:47:27 pm »
Due to a delayed train, about a dozen of us once didn't arrive for a game until 10 minutes into the second half.   All entrances were closed, and it took a lot of banging on a gate to get a steward to let us in.

Offline Garycarney44

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 10:18:08 pm »
First game of this season Norwich I had a nightmare getting back from Oxford on the train,it was the day all the signals failed ,my Mrs got me from Lime St , despite me telling her on the mobile to go in for the start of the game she waited for me, by the time we got parked up we got to the Kop at half time, the disabled entrance behind the Albert was closed we banged on the gate, opened to scan our season tickets inside the Kop on the wall and we was in 👍