Author Topic: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here  (Read 114754 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here
« on: January 24, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »
I'll do my best to supply progress and guidance on the Update as it happens.

Anyone who thinks they might struggle to transfer or update - feel free to join a local football supporters' union that will go into bat for you........ ;)
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:15:08 pm »
hi graham has this been announced,  when and how yet we have to do it by?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:56:41 pm by KOTP »

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 06:37:15 pm »
 Oh this is going to be "fun"  :-\

Thanks Graham. Looking forward to seeing the details
We are a team of one half.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 06:38:52 pm »
Good luck STHs...if you can claim you’ve been going and paying it for the last few seasons you should defo keep it. I can’t see it being big numbers whereby it’s not already in your name

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 08:39:53 pm »
OK, this is going to be interesting.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 08:56:28 pm »
From what Graham has said in the past, sounds to me like they will allow name changes for STHs if you can prove you’ve been using it, far easier than members were able to

Could be wrong like

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 08:58:08 pm »
From what Graham has said in the past, sounds to me like they will allow name changes for STHs if you can prove you’ve been using it, far easier than members were able to

Could be wrong like

Could be tricky for that rumoured person with 20+?!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 10:32:37 am »

Could be wrong like

It will be the same approach as members.

If you have the consent of the STH then a transfer should be straightforward. If they are missing or dead then still possible just a few more hoops to jump through.

They're more focussed on getting the name right on the ticket than stopping transfers.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 11:23:07 am »

If you have the consent of the STH then a transfer should be straightforward. If they are missing or dead then still possible just a few more hoops to jump through.

They're more focussed on getting the name right on the ticket than stopping transfers.

So in the case of passing to friends for a match or 2, as long as the club know who's going, should be fine? A bit like euro aways?
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 01:08:42 pm »
So in the case of passing to friends for a match or 2, as long as the club know who's going, should be fine? A bit like euro aways?

The current discussions are to have for next season 6 Friends & Family plus (we are suggesting) an "A Junior" as a seventh. The latter will allow a spare ticket to go to any youth at any time.

The F&F can have say six or seven referrals in total per season.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 01:54:38 pm »
The current discussions are to have for next season 6 Friends & Family plus (we are suggesting) an "A Junior" as a seventh. The latter will allow a spare ticket to go to any youth at any time.

So I know a number of people that share STs, with one gong to 9 and the other going to 10.  Would there be a scenario where that was still possible?  Also how are any of the referrals going to be policed??

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 02:39:30 pm »

Is this system going to be available to members as well?

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 09:46:59 pm »
When is this going to happen? Haven't heard anything yet

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 08:24:02 am »
Can we all remember that Graham isn't working for the club or some kind of fucking oracle and keep the questions on topic.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 09:06:25 am »
Latest news is that it is meant to be imminent and completed in time for the end of the ST renewals.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 08:23:08 pm »
Is it possible for someone who has a membership (and has been through fan update already) who also uses a family members  season ticket on occasion to transfer their name to the season ticket  with the say so of the current ST holder - getting too old to go!)? Obviously cancelling the membership for next season in the process.

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 09:58:31 am »
I'm assuming 'nominated F&F' means the nominated person's card will be used for stadium access rather than the original ST card.

The STH will have to inform the club who is attending? What about those without online access? Will they have a dedicated phone line?

@Graham thanks for keeping us informed even if you can't answer all the queries !

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 12:55:22 pm »
Is it possible for someone who has a membership (and has been through fan update already) who also uses a family members  season ticket on occasion to transfer their name to the season ticket  with the say so of the current ST holder - getting too old to go!)? Obviously cancelling the membership for next season in the process.
This isn't really the purpose of it, and I don't really agree with it, but likely you will be allowed to yes.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 04:45:57 pm »
Any more news on this in terms of when it's going to start? TIA.

Offline Belmont butty

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: February 2, 2020, 12:47:20 am »

Hi Graham, this is from the official website
"Can I transfer the ownership of my Season Ticket?
We are unable to transfer the ownership of your Season Ticket as the Club has an extensive season ticket waiting list. As with all processes, we need to be as fair and transparent as possible.

Should a Season Ticket holder no longer be able to attend matches regularly, they should give the ticket up so that the Club can allocate it to the next person on the waiting list, some of whom have been waiting for over 15 years.

Allowing supporters to transfer their Season Ticket is effectively queue jumping, is not transparent and damages the integrity of the waiting list that we have worked hard to clean up."

Obviously this is self-explanatory but I'm a little confused given your comment I've quoted above. So does the club's position still hold true i.e. It will not be possible to simply transfer ownership to another person when both parties are alive and well? Or has it changed as you may be suggesting (I may be misreading what you are saying, apologies if so).
Thanks

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #20 on: February 2, 2020, 05:25:40 pm »
Graham - Can I also ask that, in your discussions with club, to keep on the table supporter concerns, previously expressed on here, about the ticket exchange.  At the moment the club's ticket exchange only seems to work effectively if you apply to return your ticket two weeks or more before the game.  But a lot of potential returns arise much closer to the date of the game. If you are sick, or go into hospital, or the like and you only know a couple of days beforehand, then the ticket exchange is useless.  You apply to return your seat two or three days before the game, and nothing happens, even though there are lots of supporters wanting to said buy ticket.  Can the club consider an automated system, whereby when a seasie holder returns a ticket via the exchange, then it gets posted up for sale fairly promptly.

If the club are serious about cutting down on people selling on seasie seats, then a functional exchange seems fairly essential.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2020, 05:57:57 pm »
So I know a number of people that share STs, with one gong to 9 and the other going to 10.  Would there be a scenario where that was still possible?  Also how are any of the referrals going to be policed??

There's no plans to 'police' at the moment but no doubt it will come some time in the future.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 3, 2020, 05:58:37 pm »
When is this going to happen? Haven't heard anything yet

They are aiming to have it done by the deadline for renewals - so need to launch soon.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 3, 2020, 06:01:00 pm »

Hi Graham, this is from the official website
"Can I transfer the ownership of my Season Ticket?
We are unable to transfer the ownership of your Season Ticket as the Club has an extensive season ticket waiting list. As with all processes, we need to be as fair and transparent as possible.

Should a Season Ticket holder no longer be able to attend matches regularly, they should give the ticket up so that the Club can allocate it to the next person on the waiting list, some of whom have been waiting for over 15 years.

Allowing supporters to transfer their Season Ticket is effectively queue jumping, is not transparent and damages the integrity of the waiting list that we have worked hard to clean up."

Obviously this is self-explanatory but I'm a little confused given your comment I've quoted above. So does the club's position still hold true i.e. It will not be possible to simply transfer ownership to another person when both parties are alive and well? Or has it changed as you may be suggesting (I may be misreading what you are saying, apologies if so).
Thanks

Those terms and conditions will be amended as the Fan Update they are about to launch will see STs passed from one person to another (and not go back to the Club for ST Waiting list use) - no doubt they will get more than usual coming back if they are able to catch some of the touts.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 3, 2020, 06:02:26 pm »
Graham - Can I also ask that, in your discussions with club, to keep on the table supporter concerns, previously expressed on here, about the ticket exchange.  At the moment the club's ticket exchange only seems to work effectively if you apply to return your ticket two weeks or more before the game.  But a lot of potential returns arise much closer to the date of the game. If you are sick, or go into hospital, or the like and you only know a couple of days beforehand, then the ticket exchange is useless.  You apply to return your seat two or three days before the game, and nothing happens, even though there are lots of supporters wanting to said buy ticket.  Can the club consider an automated system, whereby when a seasie holder returns a ticket via the exchange, then it gets posted up for sale fairly promptly.

If the club are serious about cutting down on people selling on seasie seats, then a functional exchange seems fairly essential.

That is exactly what they plan - returns as late as on the morning of the game. How they then resell them is the challenge.

Full 100% credit back to the returner and paid into the bank within a day or so.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 4, 2020, 10:03:33 am »
There's no plans to 'police' at the moment but no doubt it will come some time in the future.

Are you suggesting the Club are going to renege on their promise not to do "random" searches?

Pretty much every ST holder I know seems to give a few games or split games with a family member. I see no issue with it, especially if it's a family thing (I'm not a seasie, nor on the waiting list).
« Last Edit: February 4, 2020, 10:15:58 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 4, 2020, 11:45:06 am »
Are you suggesting the Club are going to renege on their promise not to do "random" searches?

Pretty much every ST holder I know seems to give a few games or split games with a family member. I see no issue with it, especially if it's a family thing (I'm not a seasie, nor on the waiting list).

I doubt they have ever made a promise not to make random checks on who is using a ticket - just currently there is no suggestion of anything organised, formal or using alternative technology.

But if I had to guess - it is coming in the medium term.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 4, 2020, 11:48:02 am »
I doubt they have ever made a promise not to make random checks on who is using a ticket - just currently there is no suggestion of anything organised, formal or using alternative technology.

Fair. I'd hope SoS would oppose anything too draconian, particularly the 'alternative' technology type stuff. Thanks again for all your help.
YNWA.

Offline Robbo_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #28 on: February 4, 2020, 02:00:23 pm »
Hi graham,

Ive been using a friends family members ticket for several years now and been paying into their account for the ticket. What proof will be needed that i have been using the ticket? I mean there are several people along with who i get the ticket off that could vouch that i go all the games but i don’t have my payment details registered.

Thanks

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 4, 2020, 02:47:39 pm »

Id welcome the checks as no one should be using other people’s cards. I still have the premise that if you have a ST it is for the individual and not for family/friends to use. Family and friends should buy a membership like the rest of us

If that individual can’t go to games for the short term then they return it via the exchange but if they can no long to go for whatever reason for the longer term then it gets passed on to the next person on the ST waiting list!!

A ST isn’t a family aireloom getting passed down from generation to generation  ;D

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 4, 2020, 03:51:54 pm »
Hi graham,

Ive been using a friends family members ticket for several years now and been paying into their account for the ticket. What proof will be needed that i have been using the ticket? I mean there are several people along with who i get the ticket off that could vouch that i go all the games but i don’t have my payment details registered.

Thanks

Just get your bank statements.

Also if the 'owner' currently has no issues and will write and confirm you probably won't even need that.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 4, 2020, 03:55:20 pm »
Id welcome the checks as no one should be using other people’s cards. I still have the premise that if you have a ST it is for the individual and not for family/friends to use. Family and friends should buy a membership like the rest of us

If that individual can’t go to games for the short term then they return it via the exchange but if they can no long to go for whatever reason for the longer term then it gets passed on to the next person on the ST waiting list!!

A ST isn’t a family aireloom getting passed down from generation to generation  ;D

What about a couple of people who can't afford a ST on their own and have to share the cost?
What about the fact that the Club actively marketed STs to individuals in the 1980s and 1990s when we were on the bones of our arse as a football club? Not even a nod to their continuous loyalty?
Or that the Club until recently did nothing against sharing or passing on among friends and family?

I think you may find that they will allow one final 'passing on' at the death of a STH to a family member in the new scheme.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 4, 2020, 04:07:00 pm »

Also if the 'owner' currently has no issues and will write and confirm you probably won't even need that.

Mine is similar to this but the guy is dead with no immediate family.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 4, 2020, 04:07:20 pm »
What about a couple of people who can't afford a ST on their own and have to share the cost?
What about the fact that the Club actively marketed STs to individuals in the 1980s and 1990s when we were on the bones of our arse as a football club? Not even a nod to their continuous loyalty?
Or that the Club until recently did nothing against sharing or passing on among friends and family?

I think you may find that they will allow one final 'passing on' at the death of a STH to a family member in the new scheme.

I do agree with a lot of that!!

If tickets were easy to come by I’d be all for sharing but they’re not. Times have changed.  If you can’t afford a STH you don’t have one, you pay for the games you can afford as a member. I disagree with the whole sharing mentality...just my opinion.

Only know a handful of STHs personally but if one of them was to die then I’d like to see that ST be passed on to someone they were close to (family or friend)...no doubt about that
« Last Edit: February 4, 2020, 04:09:09 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 4, 2020, 04:29:23 pm »

If tickets were easy to come by I’d be all for sharing but they’re not. Times have changed.  If you can’t afford a STH you don’t have one, you pay for the games you can afford as a member. I disagree with the whole sharing mentality...just my opinion.

Only know a handful of STHs personally but if one of them was to die then I’d like to see that ST be passed on to someone they were close to (family or friend)...no doubt about that

Well if you can’t afford 19 games you aren’t allowed your membership then. That’s basically what you’ve just said in a different way.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 4, 2020, 04:29:30 pm »
Mine is similar to this but the guy is dead with no immediate family.

I'd try and get proof of the death and then get as much as you have about your use - bank statements, letter from those you sit with etc.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 4, 2020, 04:31:56 pm »

£600-£800 is a big sum for normal fans to find - especially locally. Average salaries in Kensington, Liverpool around £16k p.a.

You don't price out local supporters from their Club. Ever. Especially those that have shared for years.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 4, 2020, 04:33:40 pm »
Well if you can’t afford 19 games you aren’t allowed your membership then. That’s basically what you’ve just said in a different way.

I have a membership and I can’t really afford 19 games..just go as when I have the money.

I’m clearly out numbered in my views so I’ll step down off my high horse now  ;) :)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 4, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »
£600-£800 is a big sum for normal fans to find - especially locally. Average salaries in Kensington, Liverpool around £16k p.a.

You don't price out local supporters from their Club. Ever. Especially those that have shared for years.

I’m from Liverpool...I understand the plight of some of the local people.

I’m stepping down, Graham. It’s not me whom decides anyway. YNWA

Offline Robbo_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #39 on: February 4, 2020, 04:45:33 pm »

Brilliant. Thanks Graham!