Author Topic: Club World Cup  (Read 112642 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Club World Cup
« on: June 4, 2019, 06:44:05 pm »
I'm confused on this competition and imagine a few others will be.

Might we turn it down?
Is it important?

I've read there would be 2 games - a semi final and either a final or 3rd v 4th game.

With that in mind, how many days would that be over?

I've got limited work holidays, and trying to decide if I need to save days for this or not, and how many, but seems limited information on it all yet.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Club World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2019, 07:26:24 pm »
No one has ever turned it down so unlikely to

Somewhere mid to late December Wednesday and Saturday normally

Is it important? Mixed opinions on here you’ll see. Think anywhere but Qatar there’d be a little more excitement . Me - I can’t wait given it’s bloody tough to qualify for!

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2019, 07:37:59 pm »
Weather will be warm and pleasant during daytime hours..the sun will drop late afternoon and it will be light jacket weather or hoodie type in the evening...20 degrees around daytime high typically

I have visited once..there isn't much to do to be honest..you'd be going to watch the football and likely to be confined to hotels for having a beverage..it won't be a party type atmosphere...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2019, 08:07:20 pm »
I'm confused on this competition and imagine a few others will be.

Might we turn it down?
Is it important?

I've read there would be 2 games - a semi final and either a final or 3rd v 4th game.

With that in mind, how many days would that be over?

I've got limited work holidays, and trying to decide if I need to save days for this or not, and how many, but seems limited information on it all yet.
No chance we turn it down, important Depending on who you ask, not a cup everyteam gets a crack at so I think it’s very important. We will be heavy favourites too. 2 games yes and going on past years looking at Wednesday 18th and Saturday 21st for the dates. You could fly in for the final potentially. Like mentioned here Qatar doesn’t seem like a hotspot for stuff to do and you can’t even get to UAE, Saudi as there’s no flights to these countries from Qatar ATM.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2019, 12:11:28 am »
Any spares ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2019, 12:12:53 am »
Any spares ?

Can’t wait to read about your route to this!! ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2019, 01:46:27 am »
Can’t wait to read about your route to this!! ;D

Daughter's birthday and Chrimbo so fuck all will be happening .

;)
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2019, 08:53:19 am »
Last year it wa sthe week before xmas so if they pick same dates will be either 18/12 and 21/12 or 11/12 or 14/12 week before xmas will make the flights very expensive - maybe sport options will lay on a charter

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 5, 2019, 09:09:43 am »
Last year it wa sthe week before xmas so if they pick same dates will be either 18/12 and 21/12 or 11/12 or 14/12 week before xmas will make the flights very expensive - maybe sport options will lay on a charter
Seems to be the weekend before Xmas most years so 18-21 is likely. They could lay a charter for day trip to final maybe.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 5, 2019, 12:34:33 pm »
And further to this all how does ticketing work?
I assume you go for the entire tournament. But can you guarantee tickets to both?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2019, 12:59:09 pm »
And further to this all how does ticketing work?
I assume you go for the entire tournament. But can you guarantee tickets to both?
FIFA themselves sell tickets for each game I believe, in terms of the clubs I have no idea how it’s gonna work.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2019, 04:08:23 pm »
Will there be a big screen showing in Qatar?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 5, 2019, 04:10:57 pm »
Will there be a big screen showing in Qatar?
wouldn’t think so

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2019, 07:52:20 pm »
No one has ever turned it down so unlikely to

Somewhere mid to late December Wednesday and Saturday normally

Is it important? Mixed opinions on here you’ll see. Think anywhere but Qatar there’d be a little more excitement . Me - I can’t wait given it’s bloody tough to qualify for!
pretty sure us and forest did in the 70s, but nobody recently has and I’d hope we wouldn’t, but FIFA were selling tickets directly last year

https://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/organisation/ticketing/

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 5, 2019, 10:49:19 pm »
wouldn’t think so

No chance...it won't be a party atmosphere whatsoever...as previously stated if you want to bevvy you will be doing in a hotel bar...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2019, 10:52:28 pm »
No chance...it won't be a party atmosphere whatsoever...as previously stated if you want to bevvy you will be doing in a hotel bar...
I doubt most locals will even know let alone care about the tournament. Qatar isn’t the best place for traditional football culture, which makes the 2022 World Cup decision still outrageous 9 years on.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2019, 11:42:18 pm »
Im tempted to head out to this one, Didn't go to Japan in 05 because I thought we'd go straight back to Paris and then always regretted not going. Not sure on how many we'll take out there but meant to be quite a few scousers in and around the region so probably be ok

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 6, 2019, 09:47:08 am »
Flights looking like the £400-500 mark

Looking at well over a grand for the trip probably - I imagine it's pricey over there? Never been

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 6, 2019, 10:42:36 am »
Flights looking like the £400-500 mark

Looking at well over a grand for the trip probably - I imagine it's pricey over there? Never been

Hotels not bad. Beer expensive. I only spent a day there. Thought it was shite.

I hope this helps. :D
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 7, 2019, 01:18:25 pm »
Hotels not bad. Beer expensive. I only spent a day there. Thought it was shite.

I hope this helps. :D

That's excellent. Thanks mate haha

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #20 on: June 7, 2019, 07:05:25 pm »
Any fixtures and dates being played yet? All I've heard is, is that we're straight through to the semi final.

Deffo going as per, just want to decide if I'm going via JLA, Frankfurt, Iran, DurkaDurkaStan, Qatar, or not. Depending on the dates. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #21 on: June 7, 2019, 07:10:39 pm »
Just thought, why is this in the European aways forum, shouldn't we have like a middle-east and beyond, forum? 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 7, 2019, 07:17:41 pm »
Any fixtures and dates being played yet? All I've heard is, is that we're straight through to the semi final.

Deffo going as per, just want to decide if I'm going via JLA, Frankfurt, Iran, DurkaDurkaStan, Qatar, or not. Depending on the dates.
Looking at 18/21 of December based on past years nothing confirmed yet, also you won’t be able to get there via counties neighbouring Qatar as there’s no flights between them

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 02:25:08 pm »
Anyone got any idea when dates will be out for this. I’m assuming it’s going to be the 8th till 18th this year

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 02:27:34 pm »
Anyone got any idea when dates will be out for this. I’m assuming it’s going to be the 8th till 18th this year
Wednesday 18th, Saturday 21st likely dates

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 02:30:17 pm »
Wednesday 18th, Saturday 21st likely dates

So from 11 dec till 21, obviously we only play the 2 games, do you know when fifa normally control the dates?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 02:56:41 pm »
Going by last year I think it was in September by which point they will know all participants

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 03:51:36 pm »
Going by last year I think it was in September by which point they will know all participants
They won’t know all the participants until November so dates will be out before then

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 08:00:23 pm »
Copa Libertadores final is in November

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 4, 2019, 08:45:30 pm »
Amazed that people fancy it given where it is, looks absolutely shite, for a couple of glorified mid-season friendlies. Japan was another matter, brilliant place to go.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 4, 2019, 08:53:59 pm »
Amazed that people fancy it given where it is, looks absolutely shite, for a couple of glorified mid-season friendlies. Japan was another matter, brilliant place to go.

Location isn’t ideal but mid season friendlies they’re not

It doesn’t command the respect in Europe but it’s huge in South America and something we’ve never won

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 4, 2019, 08:59:16 pm »
Japan was just “mid-season friendlies” too

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 4, 2019, 09:23:30 pm »
not mid season friendlies the way some english/European fans treat these competitions is awful no wonder the rest of the world things English fans are arrogant

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 4, 2019, 10:33:19 pm »

Great place to visit though at least.

I do see it as a glorified friendly, obviously I'd like us to win but I wouldn't really give a shit if we lost. I remember last time thinking it was a massive inconvenience.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 5, 2019, 11:25:01 am »
I find it strange that this tournament hasn’t really caught in in Europe. The winners can legitimately claim to be world champions of the biggest sport there is. It’s a competition that is basically open to every football club on the planet...do well enough in your domestic league, then win your continental league, then win this. Due to the way it works and the worldwide popularity of the sport I’d argue it has more legitimacy to it than any other sports club in any sport I can think of calling themselves ‘world champions’. There’s absolutely nothing contrived about it.

After the big two, this is the trophy I most want us to win this season. I’d love to sing that Queen song without fidgeting embarrassingly at ‘...of the world’. Full pelt, with emphasis and meaning! :)

I’m intending to go (even though I’m not exactly enamoured by the days in between in Qatar); I’m guessing I’d be OK for tickets as a season ticket holder only? And what about mates intending to come with no credits...I’m guessing there would be enough spares from season ticket holders not going, but might there be faffing about with names on tickets and collecting in person? Particularly as we can’t be issued final tickets until after the semi final is done.

Also, anyone have any thoughts or heard rumours on dates? It looks like the final week before Christmas is the favourite but that’s based on what’s happened in a different country.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 5, 2019, 11:27:52 am »
Think tickets all through fifa and I’d imagine no issue with availability at all

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #36 on: July 5, 2019, 11:34:58 am »
I find it strange that this tournament hasn’t really caught in in Europe. The winners can legitimately claim to be world champions of the biggest sport there is. It’s a competition that is basically open to every football club on the planet...do well enough in your domestic league, then win your continental league, then win this. Due to the way it works and the worldwide popularity of the sport I’d argue it has more legitimacy to it than any other sports club in any sport I can think of calling themselves ‘world champions’. There’s absolutely nothing contrived about it.

After the big two, this is the trophy I most want us to win this season. I’d love to sing that Queen song without fidgeting embarrassingly at ‘...of the world’. Full pelt, with emphasis and meaning! :)

I’m intending to go (even though I’m not exactly enamoured by the days in between in Qatar); I’m guessing I’d be OK for tickets as a season ticket holder only? And what about mates intending to come with no credits...I’m guessing there would be enough spares from season ticket holders not going, but might there be faffing about with names on tickets and collecting in person? Particularly as we can’t be issued final tickets until after the semi final is done.

Also, anyone have any thoughts or heard rumours on dates? It looks like the final week before Christmas is the favourite but that’s based on what’s happened in a different country.

its caught on in spain, but just between the two clubs.  Its a come down after winning the CL, this wont get near to it, infact its quite far down on the list of what I want us to win.  a week watching togger in Qatar sounds dull. I'd rather go to a group match away
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 5, 2019, 11:59:09 am »
Was lucky enough to go to Japan for a week when  we played there Dec 05,amazing country...if this is confirmed in Qatar will most take a chance & book a couple of days for the final..
Typical though no confirmed dates yet......

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #38 on: July 5, 2019, 01:13:18 pm »
Was lucky enough to go to Japan for a week when  we played there Dec 05,amazing country...if this is confirmed in Qatar will most take a chance & book a couple of days for the final..
Typical though no confirmed dates yet......

I’m the same. Flights about 4 ton from either London or Cardiff and hotels dirt cheap. More affordable than I expected.
Long live the King

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 5, 2019, 08:35:01 pm »

Fair enough. I'm amazed anyone thinks this and nobody I know who is into football does, but fair do's if people are into it. The European Cup winners are the best team in the world, I can't get excited about playing the champions of the Saudi Arabian league or whoever.

Hope anyone who is going enjoys themselves.