Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2096906 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16240 on: March 31, 2021, 06:45:20 pm »
You say this with the confidence of someone who has had some info rather than this being a prediction  ;)

Nope!  Just an educated guess based on what they have done so far this season.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16241 on: March 31, 2021, 07:54:59 pm »
Can't make my mind up if you are being incredibly condescending or agreeing here?!?

I’m just saying that of course only people who attend should get the credit

The club needs to think of a way that means you don’t fall off the ladder for missing one game.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16242 on: March 31, 2021, 10:04:55 pm »
No there isn't. There were 15 games of a title winning season that people attended.

Adjust the criteria accordingly.

You've mentioned winning the title a few times now. What has that got to do with ticket selling criteria?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16243 on: March 31, 2021, 10:06:57 pm »
my prediction:

No credits given for any games next season at all
Use 19/20 for cup games as all the comps were completed (unfortunately)
Use 18/19 for the Premier League games for the same reason as above.

Big question is do they do something to help those who have reached 13 last season but not the year before.....

So what do they use for 22/23 season?
If they're not going to count credits next season, how do they decide who gets them the following season if they disregard last season for next seasons sales? Use 18/19 again, effectively using that seasons credits 3 times?

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16244 on: March 31, 2021, 10:09:43 pm »
my prediction:

No credits given for any games next season at all
Use 19/20 for cup games as all the comps were completed (unfortunately)
Use 18/19 for the Premier League games for the same reason as above.

Big question is do they do something to help those who have reached 13 last season but not the year before.....
If it’s full stadiums all season then I can’t see why they would go with a credit-less season. I’m on 15 from 18/19 and 9 from 19/20. Whatever happens you win some you lose some. I know if I I put the effort in and the new ticketing system is as good as we hope then it won’t be too much trouble to get back to 13+.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #16245 on: March 31, 2021, 10:21:51 pm »
I hit the magic number last year after years of trying but if they use credits for the 18/19 season going forward, the last few years has been a whole waste of time trying to get to the magic number 13
For 18/19 I completely dropped out of the guaranteed one due to the company I worked out going bust just before the first bulk sales.. managed to get up to 11/15 and had 2 of the last 4 games that were scrubbed off in 19/20... Club will be the ones with the numbers and I'd like to think they'd use logic and use the 15 games and then use the number whether that be 13/12/11 as the "guaranteed" providing we are as expected having full stadiums all season next season.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #16246 on: March 31, 2021, 10:57:27 pm »
For 18/19 I completely dropped out of the guaranteed one due to the company I worked out going bust just before the first bulk sales.. managed to get up to 11/15 and had 2 of the last 4 games that were scrubbed off in 19/20... Club will be the ones with the numbers and I'd like to think they'd use logic and use the 15 games and then use the number whether that be 13/12/11 as the "guaranteed" providing we are as expected having full stadiums all season next season.

With any common sense they have to use some of last season, say maybe even they go 13+ from 18/19 OR 13+ from 19/20.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16247 on: April 1, 2021, 12:16:25 am »
You've mentioned winning the title a few times now. What has that got to do with ticket selling criteria?

Just that its a pretty significant season you’re completely discounting for the sake of 4 games

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16248 on: April 1, 2021, 12:31:42 am »
Just that its a pretty significant season you’re completely discounting for the sake of 4 games

It's not relevant for selling tickets.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16249 on: April 1, 2021, 07:01:00 am »
Given people on 13+ from 2018/19 season could have ended up with 9 last season (plus the 4 cancelled games...) maybe they'll spread it over two seasons?

And say something like you need 22 of the last 34 games?

I just can't see them solely using 2019/20

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16250 on: April 1, 2021, 08:29:40 am »
Given people on 13+ from 2018/19 season could have ended up with 9 last season (plus the 4 cancelled games...) maybe they'll spread it over two seasons?

And say something like you need 22 of the last 34 games?

I just can't see them solely using 2019/20

That is even more of a change to normality though!  They will use 18/19 it is just a case of what they do (if anything) to those who got 13+ last year.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16251 on: April 1, 2021, 09:50:28 am »
That is even more of a change to normality though!  They will use 18/19 it is just a case of what they do (if anything) to those who got 13+ last year.

13/19 from 2018/19

OR

13/15 from 2019/20

Think that would solve everyone's arguments... apart from the ones who were under 13 in 18/19, and had 13 in 19/20 until they cancelled 4 matches and it knocked them down to 9/10/11/12

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16252 on: April 1, 2021, 11:28:38 am »
Big news this
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/430018-season-ticket-renewals-to-open-for-2021-22

"Alternatively, fans can also transfer their seat to up to six named individuals within their Friends and Family members network, should they be unable to attend individual games. More details about this transfer process can be found in the latest FAQs.

Season ticket holders will be subject to the same qualifying criteria as Members to enrol in the club’s Auto Cup Scheme. This will ensure a much fairer process for all supporters who would like to attend home cup matches.

As our participation in the 2019-20 cup competitions was completed in its entirety, we will be using the game history from that season to help allocate access to the Auto Cup Scheme for the 2021-22 season.

Please note, we will not be allocating credits for games purchased during the 2021-22 season for use in future seasons; game history will only be used within the 2021-22 season to allocate tickets as we progress through the competitions."

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16253 on: April 1, 2021, 11:30:09 am »
So it will be a credit-less season. Suppose it’s just kicking the can down the road until 2022/23 when the arguments we’ve made for and against will be back in play again.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16254 on: April 1, 2021, 11:30:30 am »
Yep, I’m definitely getting fucked over here

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16255 on: April 1, 2021, 11:31:15 am »
So no credit for 2021/22

ST holders can allocate tickets for up-to 6 pre-defined friends

Cup comps to use 2019/20 credit

The biggest hint for me here is "As our participation in the 2019-20 cup competitions was completed in its entirety" - Prem wasn't completed in it's entirety, so for us members I think that is the clear indication that 18/19 credits will mean something in the sales for 2021/22

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16256 on: April 1, 2021, 11:33:42 am »
Imagine doing a bulk sale, then the first few games being cancelled. It's going to take a while to right itself.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16257 on: April 1, 2021, 11:35:01 am »
So no credit for 2021/22

ST holders can allocate tickets for up-to 6 pre-defined friends

Cup comps to use 2019/20 credit

The biggest hint for me here is "As our participation in the 2019-20 cup competitions was completed in its entirety" - Prem wasn't completed in it's entirety, so for us members I think that is the clear indication that 18/19 credits will mean something in the sales for 2021/22
If it’s 18/19 or 19/20 then whichever they choose for 21/22 they’d have to go with again in 22/23. Seems pretty unfair on whoever loses out. A no credit system for next season is a bit pointless when the club are offering numerous methods for ST holders of selling your ticket to a friend / family member or through the exchange. Every game sells out regardless of opposition.

This is based on the premise that we’re at full stadiums from August.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2021, 11:38:39 am by keano7 »

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16258 on: April 1, 2021, 11:38:29 am »
If it’s 18/19 or 19/20 then whichever they choose for 21/22 they’d have to go with again in 22/23. Seems pretty unfair on whoever loses out. A no credit system for next season is a bit pointless when the club are offering numerous methods of selling your ticket to a friend / family member or through the exchange. Every game sells out regardless of opposition.

It would be yeah they'd be going pretty far back
Other option is a good opportunity to overhaul the current system in 22/23 (not making suggestions, but it's always on the table when there's a big enough excuse)

Fucked either way

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16259 on: April 1, 2021, 11:41:18 am »

Definitely, that was my first thought too.

I hope some of these allowances regarding having a season off or re-allocating to F&F will go for members too.

Glad to see they are treating everyone the same for ACS.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16260 on: April 1, 2021, 11:43:11 am »
Whatever number of guaranteed members they have every year, work out over both seasons (18/19 and 19/20) how many credits combined would get them roughly the same amount of guaranteed members and use that.

Like seriously, would they be discounting a season as incomplete and unusable if just 1 game had been cancelled?

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16261 on: April 1, 2021, 11:45:35 am »
I hope some of these allowances regarding having a season off or re-allocating to F&F will go for members too.

If they aren't allocating credit for next season, then we must be included in that 'break' too :)

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16262 on: April 1, 2021, 11:46:56 am »
Whatever number of guaranteed members they have every year, work out over both seasons (18/19 and 19/20) how many credits combined would get them roughly the same amount of guaranteed members and use that.

Like seriously, would they be discounting a season as incomplete and unusable if just 1 game had been cancelled?

The issue is the ones who made the jump to 13 last season missing out, or who would have made the jump if the 4 games weren't cancelled

They should get tickets next season... but the club could use this as an opportunity to cut back on the numbers guaranteed - they're always getting stick for too many members being on 13+ and not enough for the other 100k+ members

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16263 on: April 1, 2021, 11:47:57 am »
If they aren't allocating credit for next season, then we must be included in that 'break' too :)

Would make it even harder to decide criteria as they won't know how many members are going to want a years' break though so they probably won't bother

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16264 on: April 1, 2021, 11:48:16 am »
Can I email this Phil Dutton?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16265 on: April 1, 2021, 11:48:58 am »

They'd probably just wait to see what number of credits you had before deciding ;)

If there's no credits being allocated then members are included in that break surely?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16266 on: April 1, 2021, 11:49:51 am »
The issue is the ones who made the jump to 13 last season missing out, or who would have made the jump if the 4 games weren't cancelled

They should get tickets next season... but the club could use this as an opportunity to cut back on the numbers guaranteed - they're always getting stick for too many members being on 13+ and not enough for the other 100k+ members

Or, they could not fuck over those members who got to 13 last season in the knowledge that there's going to be an extra 6,000 seats in the stadium in a few years.

Also, the possibility that we are dropping off in form so there will be less glory hunters wanting tickets

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16267 on: April 1, 2021, 11:57:53 am »
Actually some very sensible decisions from the club/TO for once....

Season ticket holders will be subject to the same qualifying criteria as Members to enrol in the club’s Auto Cup Scheme. This will ensure a much fairer process for all supporters who would like to attend home cup matches.

Always bugged me that someone with 6 home CL credits could get knocked off the ladder because a STH will 0 CL games decided to then go and get on the ACS.

As our participation in the 2019-20 cup competitions was completed in its entirety, we will be using the game history from that season to help allocate access to the Auto Cup Scheme for the 2021-22 season.

Sensible decision for all the cup competitions.

Please note, we will not be allocating credits for games purchased during the 2021-22 season for use in future seasons; game history will only be used within the 2021-22 season to allocate tickets as we progress through the competitions.

Seems sensible as stadiums may not be full, partial lockdowns may happen again next winter, people may feel uneasy about going back until we know more about how long the vaccines last for and if a booster will be needed for the south African variant.

The club will be using NFC (Near Field Communication) technology for stadium entry for the new season, which means season tickets will be digital and only available on a smart mobile phone.

Could see this happening for track and trace and hopefully it'll also mean that only those people who buy tickets will be able to get in.  Hopefully reduce the amount of touts and stop STH selling on games for a profit and also stop many members from credit hunting and selling games on for profit, unless they use the 6 family and friend scheme that the club appear to be bringing in.  Although I'll maybe not get to as many PL games by this change because I knew a few STH's and members with full credits who would sell on the 'less desirable' games (of which I was able to benefit at times), it's the right thing to do after the pandemic.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16268 on: April 1, 2021, 12:01:23 pm »
A tout can easily buy a cheap Smartphone to give to the person they've sold to rather than a members/season ticket card so it doesn't change a thing. It won't cost them anything they'll just add it to the cost of the ticket and they'll keep passports like they have been doing to ensure they get the phone back.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16269 on: April 1, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »
A tout can easily buy a cheap Smartphone to give to the person they've sold to rather than a members/season ticket card so it doesn't change a thing. It won't cost them anything they'll just add it to the cost of the ticket and they'll keep passports like they have been doing to ensure they get the phone back.

this is just the start though, there is loads coming and not just LFC this will be PL and UEFA wide too

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16270 on: April 1, 2021, 12:05:22 pm »
It might change things for aways but it doesn't change a thing for home games.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16271 on: April 1, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »
It might change things for aways but it doesn't change a thing for home games.

It will....  there is loads more to this yet

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16272 on: April 1, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »
How did that NFC work for the games before Christmas? Was the signal good enough around the ground? I usually can't get a phone signal for about a mile radius.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16273 on: April 1, 2021, 12:06:32 pm »
Personally reckon this is the beginning of the end of members loyalty.

Credits for the cup games for next season are worthless for the following season so what are they going to use for ACS for season 2022/23 for members?

If they make credits for league games for member worthless what criteria do they use for 2022/23 for members

I honestly think this is going one way ST's and then a ballot for the rest of the games for all members

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16274 on: April 1, 2021, 12:07:06 pm »
How did that NFC work for the games before Christmas? Was the signal good enough around the ground? I usually can't get a phone signal for about a mile radius.

you don't need signal, it is on your phone, no need for signal at all

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16275 on: April 1, 2021, 12:07:16 pm »
you don't need signal, it is on your phone, no need for signal at all

Ah great, cheers.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16276 on: April 1, 2021, 12:08:15 pm »
Personally reckon this is the beginning of the end of members loyalty.

Credits for the cup games for next season are worthless for the following season so what are they going to use for ACS for season 2022/23 for members?

If they make credits for league games for member worthless what criteria do they use for 2022/23 for members

I honestly think this is going one way ST's and then a ballot for the rest of the games for all members

no chance that will happen

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16277 on: April 1, 2021, 12:13:56 pm »
no chance that will happen

OK so if Cup Credits are worthless next season how do they do ACS for 2022/23 use last season again?

Also it would appear that if you're allowed to take a year break as and ST you 'SHOULD' be able to do so as a member. If that happens then that would suggests the credits for league games would also be worthless

So what would they do for 2022/23? Use 19/20?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16278 on: April 1, 2021, 12:19:03 pm »
They'll use the same criteria as they do for next season. So 18/19 for leaghe and 19/20 for cups.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16279 on: April 1, 2021, 12:20:04 pm »

« Last Edit: April 1, 2021, 12:21:45 pm by scouser102002 »