Author Topic: New ticket collection process for away CL games  (Read 29430 times)

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
New ticket collection process for away CL games
« on: December 7, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »
Following feedback from a positive trial of a new ticket collection process for Liverpool's away game against Augsburg in 2016, the club will be progressing with a new collection process during the knockout stages of this season's Champions League.

The changes come as part of the club’s on-going commitment to improving the way tickets are sold and allocated, and addressing some of the issues around ticket touting.

Where conditions allow, up to 200 supporters per game will be selected at random to collect their tickets from a collection point in the host city. The selection process will take place once the sale has ended and supporters required to collect their ticket will be notified. 

The supporter collecting the ticket must be the supporter the ticket is registered to at the point of sale.

All supporters collecting their ticket will be asked to provide the relevant identification on collection and if the ticket is not collected, the ticket purchase will be cancelled from the supporter’s record.

Further information will be provided when the sales notice for the next Champions League away fixture is published.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/283380-new-ticket-collection-process-for-away-cl-games

A good move in my opinion, long overdue.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
Re: New ticket collection process for away CL games
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2017, 03:22:55 pm »
Perhaps they should do it for league Aways as well

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2017, 03:27:31 pm »
What happens if the cards are in someone else's name?

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3 on: December 7, 2017, 03:33:26 pm »
It doesn't matter :

''The supporter collecting the ticket must be the supporter the ticket is registered to at the point of sale''
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: December 7, 2017, 03:38:34 pm »

the ticket purchase will be cancelled from the supporter’s record.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 7, 2017, 03:45:39 pm »
Perhaps they should do it for league Aways as well

When people start getting to the city a league away is in 36 hours before kick off then that'll work. Until then it's a ridiculous idea.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2017, 03:47:36 pm »
the ticket purchase will be cancelled from the supporter’s record.
No it won't. As long as the supporter that is collecting the ticket is the same person as the person that is registered as the ticket holder at the point of sale, no problem.

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: December 7, 2017, 03:50:32 pm »
No it won't. As long as the supporter that is collecting the ticket is the same person as the person that is registered as the ticket holder at the point of sale, no problem.

But isn't the whole point of it, to ensure the people who have the credits are actually going the game, and therefore freeing up tickets for people further down the ladder?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #8 on: December 7, 2017, 04:00:16 pm »
at Augsburg you could authorise someone to collect your ticket on your behalf with a signed letter to keep your credit.

this season you have to tell LFC and UEFA who is using the ticket registered to your fancard.

more details will follow the sales of the tickets, wait and see… YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2017, 04:05:36 pm »
doesnt make it clear if only the person who owns membership card has to collect it or if a name can be given when buying the ticket.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2017, 04:05:44 pm »
we have 1 card which is my dads he never goes euro aways but he has a lot of credits as we have used it to always get an extra ticket for our group that travel. does that mean as long as he puts whoever is using the ticket when he purchases it they can collect?? fyi its always a season ticket holder that does so.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2017, 04:09:47 pm »
But isn't the whole point of it, to ensure the people who have the credits are actually going the game, and therefore freeing up tickets for people further down the ladder?
It should be but I suppose they are trying to stop those that are buying the tickets by in a persons name knowing full well that that person isn't going so they will end up with a spare ticket/s in order to be able to tout them.

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2017, 04:25:35 pm »
doesnt make it clear if only the person who owns membership card has to collect it or if a name can be given when buying the ticket.

This. Not clear yet.
If not, this will mess up a LOT of people's plans!!
We are a team of one half.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2017, 04:32:25 pm »
This. Not clear yet.
If not, this will mess up a LOT of people's plans!!
'The supporter collecting the ticket must be the supporter the ticket is registered to at the point of sale'.

That is the key line. The name registered at point of sale (which has been done this season anyway due to UEFA requirements) MUST match. I don't think it is a case of Mr A has to travel on Mr A's card, Mrs A on Mrs A's card etc. Not yet at least.

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2017, 04:37:06 pm »
I agree. I didn't think that at first but it would be a more sensible start. I'd rather those who went got the credits but.. :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2017, 04:54:19 pm »
will change fuck all but be a nuisance
cyas

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2017, 05:49:27 pm »
The fact you can register others to collect your ticket at point of sale is the issue- 50% way there just won’t stop the problems imo

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: December 7, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »
will change fuck all but be a nuisance

Agreed, appears to be an unnecessary change that resolves nothing. Unless anyone can enlighten me on what this is meant to prevent

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 7, 2017, 07:19:18 pm »
Just means there going to inconvenience 200 people instead of the whole away allocation.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #19 on: December 7, 2017, 08:00:47 pm »
Pointless this

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #20 on: December 7, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »
Sure it was posted on rawk when the mancs started doing this and everyone said it was a good idea  ;D as long as this is just to stop the touts and no shows and not those just wanting to sort a mate out.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 8, 2017, 06:50:25 am »

I think it's to firstly stop touts buying speculatively. In Seville I heard of loads that had paid £250+.
Secondly to stop people buying and not going. Beşiktaş and Bordeaux were absolute jokes, stood in a "sold out" away end that is less than a quarter or half full, respectively. If we draw Shaktar we could have that again, they only charged City £6 a ticket.

But I think there should be a loss of credits rather than just lose that one game.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 8, 2017, 09:25:58 am »
I think it's to firstly stop touts buying speculatively. In Seville I heard of loads that had paid £250+.
Secondly to stop people buying and not going. Beşiktaş and Bordeaux were absolute jokes, stood in a "sold out" away end that is less than a quarter or half full, respectively. If we draw Shaktar we could have that again, they only charged City £6 a ticket.

But I think there should be a loss of credits rather than just lose that one game.

Won't stop touts. If we draw Bayern or the Franco loving wankers everyone will book on Monday. They will simply just have to sell earlier.

Will stop the buying and not going though that you refer to above. If we draw Shakhtar they should do collection over there for everyone.

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #23 on: December 8, 2017, 02:50:33 pm »
Absolutely pointless exercise

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #24 on: December 8, 2017, 09:08:41 pm »
Anyone remember how early they usually confirm the selling details for the knockout stages?

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: December 8, 2017, 09:16:34 pm »
About 3 -4 weeks before game

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #26 on: December 8, 2017, 10:10:06 pm »
About 3 -4 weeks before game

Thanks.
Was hoping they did it a bit earlier as I got a mate with only a few matches.
But like always I guess it depends on the draw.. can’t see that many traveling to Lviv for Shakhtar. Plus real and Bayern will be massive allocation.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 9, 2017, 11:18:03 am »
Thanks.
Was hoping they did it a bit earlier as I got a mate with only a few matches.
But like always I guess it depends on the draw.. can’t see that many traveling to Lviv for Shakhtar. Plus real and Bayern will be massive allocation.
Shaktar play in Kharkiv now. It's much further than Lviv.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #28 on: December 9, 2017, 12:13:56 pm »
Shaktar play in Kharkiv now. It's much further than Lviv.

Happy days!
Remember Kharkiv from the Euro 2012.. took a train from Kiev and bought 1 liter of Vodka and 2 mixers in the train station at 0700 as we arrived from the club  :hally

Dont remember much of the trip but I did have a dip in a fountain by the train station  ;D

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 10:23:04 am »
makes no sense this - especially with the flights being booked now and tickets not being sold until January 12th at the earliest.

People will book.

this method doesn't stop anyone other than fans from losing out - they actually expect you not to book flights or accommodation until you have sorted a ticket.
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 10:45:07 am »
too early ofc, but can anyone see see shaktar drop to all members? im talking about away then have a friend who would like to get into the ladder

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 10:54:43 am »
too early ofc, but can anyone see see shaktar drop to all members? im talking about away then have a friend who would like to get into the ladder

If you need to collect the ticket in Ukraine yes, but otherwise people will buy for the credit as usual.
But if they didn't have collection in Moscow I cant see them doing it now  :-\

Online jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 11:44:29 am »
If you need to collect the ticket in Ukraine yes, but otherwise people will buy for the credit as usual.
But if they didn't have collection in Moscow I cant see them doing it now  :-\
They only decided to do it last week

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:49 am »
They only decided to do it last week

A random 200 tickets

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »
How will this affect families?  Not such a large family, as we are just 3 - but for a small allocation such as sion or maribor I guess that there is a very high probability that at least one of our 3 will have to do a ticket collection from a city centre hotel.  Probability of a collection increases with size of your family.  So if you travel together as a family, then I guess you have to assume that you might be doing ticket collection at majority of matches (unless v large allocation) and can't assume you can go straight from airport to stadium (or out of town hotel) - have to allow extra time for a city centre hotel collection trip.  Or will they allow us to collect at/near stadium?
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 06:20:03 pm »
I'm confused by this line and could do with some clarification.

"The supporter collecting the ticket must be the supporter the ticket is registered to at the point of sale"

Sounds like you can register someone else to collect and use your ticket. (As you currently can).

If so this isn't that bad for those who genuinely keep tickets in a circle of friends.

This directly targets those who sell for £500 to someone they don't know.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »
I'm confused by this line and could do with some clarification.

"The supporter collecting the ticket must be the supporter the ticket is registered to at the point of sale"

Sounds like you can register someone else to collect and use your ticket. (As you currently can).

If so this isn't that bad for those who genuinely keep tickets in a circle of friends.

This directly targets those who sell for £500 to someone they don't know.

Yeah that’s correct. If you know you can’t make it but one of your mates can, put him/hers details once you purchase the tickets.
But surly someone selling a ticket for £500 can ask the buyer for the requested details?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 07:56:12 am »

But surly someone selling a ticket for £500 can ask the buyer for the requested details?

Exactly changes nothing!!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2017, 08:05:34 am »
Yeah that’s correct. If you know you can’t make it but one of your mates can, put him/hers details once you purchase the tickets.

Assuming that you are the kind of person who buy tickets from touts, would you pay £500 without seeing the tickets, just a vague promise of collecting the ticket from a hotel.

Just a pattern of reregistering the name on a ticket will out the tickets being systematically resold.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 10:28:49 am »
Can anyone who did the previous collections for euro away games advise what process they did if giving the ticket to a mate to collect?

If I buy a ticket and put my mate's details down is that enough that when he collects with his ID, or does he also need some letter from me as well?

Guessing it will be the same process again?