Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 306250 times)

Offline craig_lfc1

• Anny Roader
Re: Away Games
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2013, 08:25:49 pm »
Best bet of an away on your card this year will be Newcastle in my opinion!

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2013, 08:26:28 pm »
Hoping that Newcastle drops low since that's the only game with a realistic chance for those with under 4/5 credits. Would put me on 3 from 2, either way can't see that getting me any more next season! Have to wait it out I suppose and take every chance that becomes avaliable in the future.

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2013, 10:22:43 am »
managed to build upto 10 so far this season with hopefully Fulham to make it 11...should stand me in good stead for next season... thats from 6 aways last season so keep the faith they do build up
@bono1712

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2013, 10:53:57 am »
So people who went to 6-8 games last season will be on 10-12 this year.
4-6 games last season will bring you up to 6-8 games. Those on 1-3 will drop down to 1.

So there can't be many who go into next season with 2-6 credits.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:06 am »
managed to build upto 10 so far this season with hopefully Fulham to make it 11...should stand me in good stead for next season... thats from 6 aways last season so keep the faith they do build up

Well the issue is for people to get on the ladder or stay on it if they don't have 3 or more aways with Blackburn and Bolton in the championship this season.

But you're correct that if you're on the ladder you can build up your credit all it takes is a few seasons.

But I'm not sure if 6 will be enough for Fulham seeing as its the last away of the season, but I hope I'm wrong as I'm also on 6 from last season...

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »
i was 8 last season currently on 13 hopefully fulham for 14 only everton west brom swansea and reading didnt drop below 9 this yr

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:16 pm »
highest selling games based on allocation:
reading 2144 - sold out on 14 aways
west brom 2399 - sold out on 10 aways
man city2616 - sold out on 10 aways
everton 2868 - sold out on 9 aways
united   2986 - sold out on 8 aways
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:13:26 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:12 pm »
including Fulham sale to date and Newcastle sale to 4 aways :
14 aways - 19 aways
10 aways - 18 aways
9 aways - 14 aways
8 aways  - 13 aways
6 aways  - 12 aways
5 aways  - 9 aways
4 aways  - 8 aways
3 aways  - up to 3 aways due to limited numbers
2 aways  - 1 away
1 aways  - 1 away but limited due to number of applicants exceeding amount on sale.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:09:11 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2013, 05:10:25 pm »

west brom was high first game of season 12 or 14 i think

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2013, 05:11:38 pm »

west brom was high first game of season 12 or 14 i think
west brom went to 10 on returns and post has been edited to indicate this.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:14:25 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Online KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2013, 03:30:31 pm »
Hull and Cardiff next season then
AMF

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2013, 04:52:36 pm »
Wigan will remain the biggest allocation of the season next year (assuming they don't go down), which means another year of closed shop unless the club does something about this.
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »
Wigan will remain the biggest allocation of the season next year (assuming they don't go down), which means another year of closed shop unless the club does something about this.
what exactly do you expect the club to do about it. They dont control how many tickets they get and there is not really a fairer way

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »

It's not a closed shop..

The club says so

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 4, 2013, 05:01:28 pm »
what exactly do you expect the club to do about it. They dont control how many tickets they get and there is not really a fairer way

I would expect the club to do something about all the people buying for loyalty with no intention of going. There has to be something they can do about that. Get people to scan fancards on the way in to the away ground or something. If you don't scan, no credit.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #175 on: May 4, 2013, 05:02:41 pm »
I would expect the club to do something about all the people buying for loyalty with no intention of going. There has to be something they can do about that. Get people to scan fancards on the way in to the away ground or something. If you don't scan, no credit.

You'd still get people lending out their FCs along with the tickets in many cases though, just like people lend their FCs for home games.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 4, 2013, 05:11:56 pm »
And you expect all 19 clubs to agree to such a scheme? utterly absurd.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 4, 2013, 05:28:34 pm »
And you expect all 19 clubs to agree to such a scheme? utterly absurd.

Why wouldn't they agree to it. We'd just get someone to stand outside the turnstiles. Not exactly difficult.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 4, 2013, 05:57:55 pm »
Why wouldn't they agree to it. We'd just get someone to stand outside the turnstiles. Not exactly difficult.
Ahh I see what you mean now, realistically it still isn't going to work though, just completely unnecessary.

Offline hope_valley_parker

• Nosey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Found a better place to park....
« Reply #179 on: May 4, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »
They should rename this thread 'The Sour Grapes Thread'. There are tickets available on the exchange for almost every away.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 4, 2013, 06:26:04 pm »
They should rename this thread 'The Sour Grapes Thread'. There are tickets available on the exchange for almost every away.
Correct.

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
« Reply #181 on: May 4, 2013, 07:15:51 pm »

Write to the club expressing your willingness to do this with your CV attached.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: May 4, 2013, 07:37:04 pm »
Bottom line it's tough luck, I've spent years to get to 14 aways any change of selling and I will be fuming you take your chance when it arrives.......

Offline 77-78-81-84-05

• Euro lottery numbers for next week.
  • Main Stander
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #183 on: May 4, 2013, 07:45:31 pm »
Like the idea but really they should just sell away tickets a week in advance like they did with Newcastle.  Tickets would more often than not drop below the usual 6/4 aways they normally sell out on and there wouldn't be any empty seats neither.  There were a fair few empty seats last week and that was just in my block L7K which supposedly sold out first.  They would have been filled if they'd been sold correctly to those that actually wanted  them and would save those that got stuck with up to 4 tickets that they'd bought solely for credit... the ticket exchange was just absolutely embarrasing with spares.
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?"  -Carra

"They were wearing me down but I thought: 'It will wear them down before me!' I knew I was right and that's what kept me going."  - Anne Williams R.I.P.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #184 on: May 4, 2013, 09:56:46 pm »
So don't have exchanges which make it easy to buy for credits and pass on? There's no system that will please everyone. The scanning system was tried at Benfica but wasn't very successful as some didn't work so then ppl wouldn't get the credit even thou they went, it caused congestion at peak entry time, apart from ppl having to take their STs everywhere thereby increasing the chances of them getting lost and not replaced in time for the next week. Thou I agree with the sentiment
« Last Edit: May 4, 2013, 09:58:50 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: May 6, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »
I dont think it would be fair to change it as people have waited years to get credits! It doesnt help me as i dont have any but i do go to the majority of the games as i can pick tickets up from the exchange.

The problem is no matter what they do somebody will always have a moan about it not being fair etc etc.

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: May 6, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »
Like the idea but really they should just sell away tickets a week in advance like they did with Newcastle.  Tickets would more often than not drop below the usual 6/4 aways they normally sell out on and there wouldn't be any empty seats neither.  There were a fair few empty seats last week and that was just in my block L7K which supposedly sold out first.  They would have been filled if they'd been sold correctly to those that actually wanted  them and would save those that got stuck with up to 4 tickets that they'd bought solely for credit... the ticket exchange was just absolutely embarrasing with spares.

Seats are empty coz people go and stand elsewhere with mates not coz they haven't been sold

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 6, 2013, 09:12:41 pm »
Seats are empty coz people go and stand elsewhere with mates not coz they haven't been sold

That's exactly what happens. A few minutes before kick-off at Wolverhampton two seasons ago (the match when Raul Meireles scored that stupendous volley) two or three dickheads turned up, practically pushed me out of my seat and I was told "you'll have to fucking move". I am sure this happens a lot.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 12:08:05 am by kriss »

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #188 on: May 8, 2013, 09:22:47 am »
I noticed this on sly sports news this morning so checked it out on the Brighton fc website - For those who want id to be part of away ticket sales

The following conditions of sale have been agreed by the two clubs, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police:
1. You must be a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket and only one ticket will be available per season ticket holder.
2. Your details and seat number will be made available to Crystal Palace FC, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police.
3. The ticket may only be used by the purchaser.
4. All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.
5. You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium.
6. Failure to produce the ticket and an identity document for examination will result in refusal of entry to the match and any future matches this season.
7. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found to have handed over or sold a ticket to any other person.
8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/extra-away-tickets-on-sale-811372.aspx#80AuKV2ZUIK1vFIt.99

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 8, 2013, 10:32:49 am »
That's a joke and would cause all kinds of problems if that kind of a system was rolled out

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #190 on: May 8, 2013, 10:46:25 am »
6. Failure to produce the ticket and an identity document for examination will result in refusal of entry to the match and any future matches this season.
7. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found to have handed over or sold a ticket to any other person.
8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person

Absolute joke, that! I'm reading "Theatre of Silence" by Arsenal Fan Matthew Bazell at the moment and in the chapter I read last night he talks about how this kind of system has been introduced in italy over the last couple of seasons and how loads of match goers are getting banning orders because they could only get tickets through mates. The biggest problem for me has to be that this kind of system (what should it even be good for? I struggle to find any reason behind it) is absolutely arbitrary. There might be 5000 fans (read: criminals) getting in with another name on their ticket and the 10-20 who are in the wrong place at the wrong time get punished, and downright disproportionately to their "offence" as well.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 8, 2013, 12:07:51 pm »
I noticed this on sly sports news this morning so checked it out on the Brighton fc website - For those who want id to be part of away ticket sales

The following conditions of sale have been agreed by the two clubs, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police:
1. You must be a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket and only one ticket will be available per season ticket holder.
2. Your details and seat number will be made available to Crystal Palace FC, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police.
3. The ticket may only be used by the purchaser.
4. All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.
5. You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/extra-away-tickets-on-sale-811372.aspx#80AuKV2ZUIK1vFIt.99

Shocking system that

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #192 on: May 8, 2013, 01:18:50 pm »
That's just for the play-off - doesn't say that will be the case all over does it?

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #193 on: May 8, 2013, 01:46:03 pm »
That's just for the play-off - doesn't say that will be the case all over does it?

No it is just for the play off match.

But people who want ID to be part of away ticket sales it would be along those sort of lines

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 8, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »
Final credits for 2012/13 Season.

Arsenal (£62) 2,914 - Started on 12, then 10, then 5, then 4. 
Aston Villa (£41) 2,951 - Started on 12, then 9, then 7, then 6.   
Chelsea(£59) 2,935 - Started on 12, then 8, then 6.
Everton (£42) 2,868 - Started on 13, then 11, then 9.
Fulham (£49) 2,889 - Started on 12, then 10, then 6, then 5.
Man Utd (£43) 2,986 - Started on 12, then 10, then 8.
Man City(£51) 2,616 - Started on 14, then 12, then 10.
Norwich(£50) 2,375 - Started on 16, then 13, then 6, then 4.
Newcastle(£42) 3,169 - Started on 10, then 8, then 6, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1.
QPR(£55) 3,037 - Started on 15, then 11, then 6, then 4, then 3.
Reading(£40) 2,144 - Started on 17, then 15, then 14.
Southampton(£38) 3,075 - Started on 10, then 9, then 6, then 4.
Sunderland(£34) 2,342 - Started on 16, then 13, then 9, then 6, then 4.
Stoke(£40) 2,767 - Started on 13, then 10, then 6, then 4.
Swansea(£45) 2,052 - Started on 17, then 14, then returns on 10.
Tottenham(£54) 2,867 - Started on 12, then 8, then returns on 4, then 3.           
West Brom(£39) 2,399 - Started on 15, then 12, then 10.           
West Ham(£49) 2,691 - Started on 12, then 8, then 5.
Wigan(£28) 4,047 -  Started on 4, then 3, then 2, then 1.   

Highlighted Red is the highest price Adult ticket.
Highlighted Blue is the allocation for each game.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2013, 04:32:34 pm by Luke17 »

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #195 on: May 8, 2013, 04:28:17 pm »
Excellent. Southampton went to 4 but otherwise looks right.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #196 on: May 8, 2013, 04:30:46 pm »
No it is just for the play off match.

But people who want ID to be part of away ticket sales it would be along those sort of lines

This is due to the potential for aggro between Palace & Brighton fans though, not because the clubs are worried about people passing on tickets per se
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #197 on: May 8, 2013, 04:34:16 pm »
That's exactly what happens. A few minutes before kick-off at Wolverhampton two seasons ago (the match when Raul Meireles scored that stupendous volley) two or three dickheads turned up, practically pushed me out of my seat and I was told "you'll have to fucking move". I am sure this happens a lot.

I politely declined a similar offer at Villa
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 8, 2013, 04:35:52 pm »
Excellent. Southampton went to 4 but otherwise looks right.

:butt so close hahah

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 8, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »
14 aways - 19 aways
10 aways - 18 aways
9 aways - 15 aways
8 aways  - 14 aways
6 aways  - 13 aways
5 aways  - 10 aways
4 aways  - 7-8 aways due to Norwich approx 30 tickets on 4 sale.
3 aways  - up to 4 aways due to limited numbers
2 aways  - 2 aways
1 aways  - up to 2 aways limited due to number of applicants exceeding amount on sale.