Author Topic: VPN  (Read 59098 times)

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
VPN
« on: May 9, 2015, 09:34:14 am »
What VPN services are people using these days?

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
Re: VPN
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2015, 09:43:11 am »
I've heard this one recommended and was thinking of trying it ($40 for a year).

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

In the meantime, I sometimes use the free Zenmate Chrome extension to bypass BT ISP filters.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2015, 09:55:26 am »
Any decent free ones still about?

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »
I'm happy to pay so long as it doesn't cost a fortune and offers port forwarding.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2015, 01:50:15 pm »
I always use this lil beauty.

https://hide.me/en/

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2015, 01:52:26 pm »
No free vpn is good. Pia is the best way to go.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2015, 03:02:14 pm »
I've heard this one recommended and was thinking of trying it ($40 for a year).

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

In the meantime, I sometimes use the free Zenmate Chrome extension to bypass BT ISP filters.

Very good one (private internet access one)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2015, 04:49:27 pm »
IPVanish comes free with Eweka if you also want a good usenet provider. It's cheaper than just paying for Ipvanish.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 07:10:20 pm »
Express vpn has been perfect for me so far, used to used vpn tunnel which was crap in comparison

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 07:17:45 pm »
Not sure if it counts as a VPN but Hola Unblocker extension on your browser works great. Can change what country you're browsing from in a click, excellent for Netflix
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:25 pm »
Not sure if it counts as a VPN but Hola Unblocker extension on your browser works great. Can change what country you're browsing from in a click, excellent for Netflix

I use it for Netflix myself, works brilliantly.

Offline WestScotlandRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 11:14:30 am »
What is the best way to do this for the Amazon Fire TV\Stick if you want to watch the sports? - For NBC Sports Extra, I believe, you need to change your network settings to use a US based IP. From what I have read you cannot do this with PIA and you would need to install a VPN onto the router? - Not sure I know what I am talking about here :) However, from what I read on the forums, PIA will not run on the SKY routers due to the firmware on the router? - So what is the best solution to 1. enable you to watch NBC Sports Extra on the Fire TV\Stick and 2. Have a VPN on either a SKY router or on your client devices? - Is this two separate solutions or can I do both? - Cheer for any help.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 07:42:57 pm »
What is the best way to do this for the Amazon Fire TV\Stick if you want to watch the sports? - For NBC Sports Extra, I believe, you need to change your network settings to use a US based IP. From what I have read you cannot do this with PIA and you would need to install a VPN onto the router? - Not sure I know what I am talking about here :) However, from what I read on the forums, PIA will not run on the SKY routers due to the firmware on the router? - So what is the best solution to 1. enable you to watch NBC Sports Extra on the Fire TV\Stick and 2. Have a VPN on either a SKY router or on your client devices? - Is this two separate solutions or can I do both? - Cheer for any help.
Don't bother with a VPN if that's what you want it for as it isn't working right now. It may work again in the future. Loads of other ways of watching live sports on XBMC without paying though.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 08:22:13 pm »
John C is an absolute whizz on these things. If anyone has any questions what so ever, no matter how technically difficult, get in touch with John C.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 09:27:49 pm »
 :lmao :lmao

Offline WestScotlandRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 12:31:48 pm »
Don't bother with a VPN if that's what you want it for as it isn't working right now. It may work again in the future. Loads of other ways of watching live sports on XBMC without paying though.

Thanks cloggypop, I'll checkout the XBMC thread to see how people are watching the live sports. NBC Sports Extra seems brilliant but it needed a US IP address. My months trial is over :) - Cheers.

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 09:58:29 am »
Can anyone recommend a good vpn mainly for accessing the iplayer from outside the UK? My hotspot shield account has recently expired and I'm wondering if there is a better/cheaper option out there.
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

http://HDTV.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=204117

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 07:04:24 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good vpn mainly for accessing the iplayer from outside the UK? My hotspot shield account has recently expired and I'm wondering if there is a better/cheaper option out there.

Give IpVanish a go,it has a scramble option that is supposed to bypass the network traffic sensors that block the use of vpns.I posted a link to the cheapest way to get it in the SM on the QT thread.

If it doesn't work you can get your money back during the 1st 7 days.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 09:25:34 pm »

How are you watching iplayer? Through laptop/pc? Honestly I wouldn't go the paid route if that's all you'll be needing it for.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 09:34:19 pm »
How are you watching iplayer? Through laptop/pc? Honestly I wouldn't go the paid route if that's all you'll be needing it for.

Yeah he could get some of our far off brothers or sisters to test out some of the free ones on the iplayer.

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:17 am »
Give IpVanish a go,it has a scramble option that is supposed to bypass the network traffic sensors that block the use of vpns.I posted a link to the cheapest way to get it in the SM on the QT thread.

If it doesn't work you can get your money back during the 1st 7 days.

Cheers mate. But you lost me the SM on the QT thread?

Android box and laptop. Mainly the former. Hola doesnt work and I'm not aware of any other free routes.
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 01:41:14 pm »
Cheers mate. But you lost me the SM on the QT thread?

Android box and laptop. Mainly the former. Hola doesnt work and I'm not aware of any other free routes.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335951.msg15597108#msg15597108

Best vpn is free and although I never used it much it did work pretty well,couldn't tell you if it works on the iplayer though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northghost.touchvpn&hl=en_GB
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:46:55 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 05:56:51 pm »
I use Zenmate for free on my pc to access iptorrents and that works a treat for anyone after a free one, there is a paid option but I've never upgraded.
I run kodi on the pc and although I use Zenmate it doesn't seem to help with accessing the blocked streams for SportsMania, any ideas on how to add a dedicated VPN for kodi through the pc?
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 10:27:13 am »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335951.msg15597108#msg15597108

Best vpn is free and although I never used it much it did work pretty well,couldn't tell you if it works on the iplayer though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northghost.touchvpn&hl=en_GB

Best Vpn working a treat so far. Thanks very much for the heads up.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 1, 2017, 04:23:36 pm »
Just paid for Nord for a month so fingers crossed :)
So far so good, got the match on.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2017, 08:39:20 pm »
Just paid for Nord for a month so fingers crossed :)
So far so good, got the match on.
I just got a year's sub for Nord (actually 472 days), been spot on so far. Good for 6 devices.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 1, 2017, 08:54:17 pm »
I just got a year's sub for Nord (actually 472 days), been spot on so far. Good for 6 devices.

I wasn't sure if it would do the trick so only tried a month but it was excellent. Probably get the longer one when it runs out.

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 5, 2018, 02:57:48 am »
Only me again. Same request I had before but for an Ipad this time. Anyone know any free VPNs kicking about please?

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
Re: Free VPNs of 2018
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 11:41:58 am »
Go get 'em boys
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:21 pm »
Just seen that VLC player will get Chromecast support . does this mean it will be possible to Chromecast acestream games to the tv via CC? (Acestream using vlc)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 3, 2018, 12:06:34 pm »
Just seen that VLC player will get Chromecast support . does this mean it will be possible to Chromecast acestream games to the tv via CC? (Acestream using vlc)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That's already possible with XMTV Player / XMTV Cast (beta), but yes I guess it will now be possible on VLC too.  With XMTV it does depend on the codec being used for the stream, sometimes it's not possible, and I suspect VLC will have the same issue.  When that happens I just mirror the phone screen.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 01:28:49 pm »
I’m moving to South America and going to get a VPN. I’m wondering if I should get a USA IP address. Does anyone know if that gets you access to NBC Sports footy broadcasts for free on their site?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »
Astounding VPN deal here lads, just bought it to use for my phone, very highly rated, if you use the code you get for registration it costs under £10 for 36 months, it normally costs over £300 if ordered through their app/website.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/windscribe-vpn-3-year-subscription-with-code-windscribesd20-1349-10-at-stacksocial-2908446

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 08:07:34 pm »
Cracking deal,tempted to get it myself even though I have 9 months left on my Ipvanish.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 08:28:26 pm »
Astounding VPN deal here lads, just bought it to use for my phone, very highly rated, if you use the code you get for registration it costs under £10 for 36 months, it normally costs over £300 if ordered through their app/website.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/windscribe-vpn-3-year-subscription-with-code-windscribesd20-1349-10-at-stacksocial-2908446

Great shout, thank you.

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:50 am »

Was using this great for the past month or so on Sky but have just moved over to Plusnet and my torrents are crawling now. Could they still be throttling through the VPN, or throttling BECAUSE i'm using a VPN?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 01:36:40 pm »
Maybe the vpn is over subscribed...

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 02:37:21 pm »
Was using this great for the past month or so on Sky but have just moved over to Plusnet and my torrents are crawling now. Could they still be throttling through the VPN, or throttling BECAUSE i'm using a VPN?

Does your VPN allow port forwarding? Maybe the port number has changed

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »

Offer ends in 3 days if your thinking of getting it..  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 06:27:31 pm »

If you sign up to the free one and use the code REDDIT50, you get 50gb free every month.