Author Topic: Main stand naming rights  (Read 102414 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Main stand naming rights
« Reply #120 on: February 7, 2017, 08:36:00 pm »
Does anyone else think naming rights for the stand will actually go ahead now? The stand would have had its most exposure during its unveiling so perhaps potential sponsors are no longer interested?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 8, 2017, 01:24:34 am »
Does anyone else think naming rights for the stand will actually go ahead now? The stand would have had its most exposure during its unveiling so perhaps potential sponsors are no longer interested?

I'm very sure it will go ahead soon - they will unveil out the blue probably at some strategically chosen time. Just as long as Anfield stays as Anfield, i accept it's part and parcel of modern sport. Just sad these extra revenues generated in the game rarely find their way to supporters through lower ticket prices. Suppose that's like trying to piss in the wind. It's a far higher priority that players get consistent fair rises from £110k per week to £120k per week to keep the poor little mites out of poverty.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2017, 01:27:04 am by Keith Lard »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: February 9, 2017, 01:24:04 am »
Does anyone else think naming rights for the stand will actually go ahead now?
Yes. Anything is better than nothing, and naming rights are free money.

You are right to point out that "the moment" has passed. Ayre failed. Equally, commercial interest in stand naming rights are small beer compared to stadium naming rights. In turn new stadium naming rights are much more valuable than existing rebrands as traditional names linger.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #123 on: February 9, 2017, 01:16:02 pm »
Probably been answered already but would anyone accept a 10-year stadium naming rights deal of the money generated when to redeveloping the Anfield Road End.

Would £6 million a year for the stadium to be too much to ask?
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 9, 2017, 02:15:34 pm »
They're asking for between £7m to £9m per season, for 10 years, just for the Main Stand. £6m for the whole stadium is laughable.

Offline ollick

• Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #125 on: February 9, 2017, 02:53:39 pm »
They're asking for between £7m to £9m per season, for 10 years, just for the Main Stand. £6m for the whole stadium is laughable.

wow really?

Didn't know they'd ask that much for a stand, even a new one.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: February 9, 2017, 04:48:17 pm »

Whatever the figure, Ayre has failed to secure a sponsor.

I do not really understand where the big value is in sponsoring a stand. The TV cameras are mounted in the stand, so there is no TV coverage. Neither TV nor radio is likely to mention that a throw in is being taken from the " Levi Strauss Stand Side". Nor are media reports going to mention it.

The exposure is to match goers, just over 1m of them, half of whom go every other week, and 20,500 who have the name on their ticket stubs.

Is that prime sought after advertising? Does it not favour local business, who cannot afford to pay big money?

Werner , Henry and Ayre were supposed to be the commercial gurus, the former experts in sports marketing rights.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: February 9, 2017, 04:58:55 pm »
Ayre hasn't run the commercial side of the club for ages.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 9, 2017, 05:15:40 pm »

Wondered when someone would remind people of that.  The deals also seemed to dry up once Hogan took over too, there's been very little in terms of new sponsorships for a while now, or at least those worth talking or getting excited about.

Donuts, butties and betting are the only ones I can think of in the last couple of years.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2017, 12:28:52 am »
Ayre was responsible for the Main Stand project- keep up.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2017, 06:02:23 am »

Oh, so he also connected the plumbing, painted the skirting, was manning the crane for the big roof truss - keep up.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2017, 07:06:40 am »
Well, we have a new commercial director in charge place now. You know, whassisname.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2017, 02:57:15 pm »
Well, we have a new commercial director in charge place now. You know, whassisname.

He's still trying to secure his own naming rights. Let's all chuck in a tenner if he's willing to call himself Bobby Big Balls.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2017, 11:04:16 am »

Depends what you mean by responsible, Andrew Parkinson was far more involved in day-to-day management of the project, and continues to be.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2017, 11:15:36 am »
Depends what you mean by responsible, Andrew Parkinson was far more involved in day-to-day management of the project, and continues to be.

Ignore him, the guy is clueless and has an axe to grind so basically makes up complete shite. It's nothing new.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2017, 02:02:52 pm »
wow really?

Didn't know they'd ask that much for a stand, even a new one.

Half of a new stand to be fair mate ;)

Whatever the figure, Ayre has failed to secure a sponsor.

I do not really understand where the big value is in sponsoring a stand. The TV cameras are mounted in the stand, so there is no TV coverage. Neither TV nor radio is likely to mention that a throw in is being taken from the " Levi Strauss Stand Side". Nor are media reports going to mention it.

The exposure is to match goers, just over 1m of them, half of whom go every other week, and 20,500 who have the name on their ticket stubs.

Is that prime sought after advertising? Does it not favour local business, who cannot afford to pay big money?

Werner , Henry and Ayre were supposed to be the commercial gurus, the former experts in sports marketing rights.

Good point re the tv & media focus/view still being on the Centenary Stand - and not on the new MS - maybe a missed trick there? (obviously depending on the balance of moving all the media positions against likelihood of possible naming deals etc).

Though if tv viewpoints had been switched I suppose we'd be railing at seeing the corporates leaving before halftime and arriving late for the 2nd half like at Wembley and Arsenal etc.

A shame we haven't given temporary naming rights to a charity or other worthwhile cause in the meantime - they get free publicity and have a presence around the ground (collections or info etc), a bit of goodwill and PR from/for the club, and some interest possibly raised to gaining an eventual paying sponsor in the future.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ollick

• Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:48 pm »
Half of a new stand to be fair mate ;)

Good point re the tv & media focus/view still being on the Centenary Stand - and not on the new MS - maybe a missed trick there? (obviously depending on the balance of moving all the media positions against likelihood of possible naming deals etc).

Though if tv viewpoints had been switched I suppose we'd be railing at seeing the corporates leaving before halftime and arriving late for the 2nd half like at Wembley and Arsenal etc.

A shame we haven't given temporary naming rights to a charity or other worthwhile cause in the meantime - they get free publicity and have a presence around the ground (collections or info etc), a bit of goodwill and PR from/for the club, and some interest possibly raised to gaining an eventual paying sponsor in the future.

:)

True

As for the naming rights given to charity I think it becomes harder to sell naming rights to something that has already had a name associated to it.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2017, 04:11:42 pm »

Whomsoever  we pick as culpable , FSG have failed to deliver  a sponsor, - at any price.

My guess is that when the Standard Chartered shirt deal expires at the end of the 18/19 season, FSG will seek a package sponsorship to include the name of the Main Stand.

This has two advantages. Firstly, anything they get is a bonus, secondly, the value of either part can be inflated, or deflated, to suit.

CL, even EL, qualification makes a big difference to what sponsors are  prepared to pay.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2017, 04:46:40 pm »
Isn't there work still going on until May? Maybe we're waiting until everything is complete on the regeneration project before securing the best possible deal?

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: May 4, 2017, 03:06:21 pm »
I cant see it being anywhere near as valuable to sponsors all the time it doesn't appear on match day.  Yes there is glimpses of it but if they switched the cameras to the other side surely it has to be worth more in terms of sponsorship
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: May 4, 2017, 03:10:14 pm »
I cant see it being anywhere near as valuable to sponsors all the time it doesn't appear on match day.  Yes there is glimpses of it but if they switched the cameras to the other side surely it has to be worth more in terms of sponsorship

It's not like any deal wouldn't be tied into sponsor board branding across the stadium, so would appear on the TV regardless of what stand was in the background.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #141 on: May 4, 2017, 05:58:54 pm »
I reckon the renaming of the centenary could be to prepare the ground for naming rights to the main stand..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 4, 2017, 06:04:55 pm »
I reckon the renaming of the centenary could be to prepare the ground for naming rights to the main stand..

What difference would the centenary stand make to the main?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 4, 2017, 06:31:45 pm »

I'm fairly sure it's to mark the 125th anniversary, and what better way to do that than honour a club legend?

Offline ollick

• Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #144 on: May 4, 2017, 06:38:51 pm »

I think it is somewhere in between.

We are marking the 125 year anniversary of the club so it makes sense to update references to the 100 year anniversary, not ignoring the fact that this is wholly deserved!!!

There is also the possibility that Kenny being linked to a stand increases the kudos of the stadium in general and a new sponsor of the MS could piggy back off that?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #145 on: May 4, 2017, 06:48:10 pm »
Wonder how much FSG charged Kenny to sponsor the Centenary.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 4, 2017, 06:53:00 pm »
They could be testing the waters, potential sponsors see how much publicity this gets.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #147 on: May 4, 2017, 10:15:33 pm »
Kenny on the centenary is a cushion for the blow - Prepare yourselves for the B&M Bargains Big Massive Main Family Stand.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 4, 2017, 10:37:52 pm »
Kenny on the centenary is a cushion for the blow - Prepare yourselves for the B&M Bargains Big Massive Main Family Stand.

If they pay us a fortune I couldn't give a fuck what its called  :)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 4, 2017, 10:50:34 pm »

That thought did cross my mind too.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 5, 2017, 06:32:31 pm »

It's to soften us up because Mourinho has bought the naming rights to the Main Stand and is going to name it after himself because he's a massive egotistical twat.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2018, 10:46:53 pm »
Any news on naming rights for the Main Stand? I wonder why, if they're so keen to go ahead with it, the whole thing is taking so long?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2018, 11:28:45 pm »
Any news on naming rights for the Main Stand? I wonder why, if they're so keen to go ahead with it, the whole thing is taking so long?

Cos no one is willing to pay a price that’s worth it basically.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2019, 09:22:19 am »
I wonder if/when we eventually redevelop the anfield road end they will get a stand sponsor both both stands at once?

I thought they'd have a sponsor by now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2019, 09:58:11 am »
I wonder if/when we eventually redevelop the anfield road end they will get a stand sponsor both both stands at once?

I thought they'd have a sponsor by now.

How would that work? The Dunkin Donuts Half Stadium?

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2019, 10:12:08 am »
I bet Peter Moore is made up we're top of the league.
Not because he wants to win the league, he's just happy he doesn't get pictures of the 'proposed' new Anny Road posted to him on twitter 500 times a day.
Don't think I've bloody forgot though PeMo...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:49 am »
Surprised you weren’t employed to design it to be honest mate.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:28 am »
Surprised you weren’t employed to design it to be honest mate.

We were in talks, but I heard Alan_X sent in a detailed dossier questioning my basic understanding of physics.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2019, 05:49:55 pm »
I heard it was your lack of understanding concrete cube tests and related batch testing.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2019, 11:04:56 am »
Stadio Mane