Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 347793 times)

Offline Mostar

• Video guru
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #3000 on: April 13, 2011, 07:46:17 am »
Or more realistically, he could stay at Dortmund where he is settled and try and win the Champions League as well as (most likely) defend the Bundesliga title next season. I want us to get Sahin too but there really isn't much reason for him to move and if he wanted to move, choosing us would be unlikely and sadly a step back for him as we don't offer him immediate Champions League as Dortmund will do next season. Dortmund are a team on the up and they have a good young squad that will peak within the next few years, we have nothing close to that right now but heopfully FSG can show some ambition in the Summer and then maybe at the end of next season we can start talking big transfers; the Sanchez's,Hazard's,Sahin's etc.

Right now I wouldn't be unhappy with Young, Adam etc. as we don't have the calibre of squad players needed to win the PL so this summer will be our building block where we can get good players but I'm not going to aim too high yet, we need to stay realistic and not too optimistic.

Very likely scenario. I didn't read it anywhere that he has an expressed any interest to leave and given the fact that he's only 22 he can stay with them few more years.

That said, I don't think they will be able to keep all the players regardless of Klopp's recent statements and imo Subotic and potentially Goetze could be tempted.
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
http://twitter.com/@LFCmostar

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3001 on: April 13, 2011, 07:53:30 am »
Spurs are one of the clubs after Enrique.

What a surprise. Harry Redknapp is a slick twat though. Decides he doesn't want Comolli when he takes over and instead hires a kid to sit at a computer and type 'Liverpool transfer rumours' in Google every 20 minutes. Genius.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:55:05 am by Agent99 »

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #3002 on: April 13, 2011, 07:54:10 am »
Seriously, if sahin does have a 6 million buy out clause and comolli doesn't try his best to get him here i will never forgive him lol

Nuri Sahin doesn't have a €6 million buy-out clause in his contract (as stated from both the player and the club), and has already stated that he will be playing for Borussia Dortmund next season ... However, he has still not signed the offered contract extension with BVB, and his current contract runs out in 2013 ... He will probably be on the market next summer ...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:57:24 am by Ливерпул »
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #3003 on: April 13, 2011, 08:04:50 am »
Nuri Sahin doesn't have a €6 million buy-out clause in his contract (as stated from both the player and the club), and has already stated that he will be playing for Borussia Dortmund next season ... However, he has still not signed the offered contract extension with BVB, and his current contract runs out in 2013 ... He will probably be on the market next summer ...

I'll bet you 20 dollars that he signs that extension and commits himself to Dortmund.

In any case,  he has said in the past he wants to play in Spain or Italy when he leaves , not a big fan of the PL.

I'll try to find a link, read it a while back.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Online kiwiscouser

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3004 on: April 13, 2011, 08:11:50 am »
Sorry but why would Sahin leave Dortmund in the first place?

He would command much higher wages at Liverpool FC.  Typically, german clubs dont pay the same salaries as what a premeirship club would.  One of the reasons why they are all financially well run!

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #3005 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:30 am »
He would command much higher wages at Liverpool FC.  Typically, german clubs dont pay the same salaries as what a premeirship club would.  One of the reasons why they are all financially well run!

I am sure they will make it worth his while after winning the Bundesliga and playing in the CL group stages next season. They are not exactly skint. 2nd most profitable league in Europe according to Deloitte.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3006 on: April 13, 2011, 08:16:29 am »
Spurs are one of the clubs after Enrique.

Spurs seem to be following us around like a rash.

Wonder why? Maybe it's cause they're scared of us and know that we will soon have the 5th best SQUAD in the league

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3007 on: April 13, 2011, 08:20:52 am »

Heh... a bit funny considering Dortmund came very close to bankrupting itself out of existence five or six years ago!

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #3008 on: April 13, 2011, 08:32:15 am »
Hmmm

"According to Italian Press, Fiorentina confirm they have recieved and rejected a €13m bid from Liverpool for Juan Manuel Vargas."

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #3009 on: April 13, 2011, 08:39:21 am »
Hmmm

"According to Italian Press, Fiorentina confirm they have recieved and rejected a €13m bid from Liverpool for Juan Manuel Vargas."

Considering that they've bought him for €14 million, hardly a surprise ...

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #3010 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:57 am »
I'll bet you 20 dollars that he signs that extension and commits himself to Dortmund.

I doubt that he will sign the contract extension ... Unlike in the other top leagues, lots of top players in the Bundesliga run their contracts down, and leave their clubs as Bosmans, or with only 12 months left on their contract ... The latest example was Mesut Ozil, who has left Werder for Real Madrid for only €18 million ... Also, Sami Khedira has left Stuttgart for Real Madrid for €14 million ... Both players had 12 months left on their contracts ...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:44:40 am by Ливерпул »

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #3011 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:44 am »
Spurs seem to be following us around like a rash.

Wonder why? Maybe it's cause they're scared of us and know that we will soon have the 5th best SQUAD in the league
Spurs have been following us around for years.
Or the last couple anyway.
They always stalk our transfers and it does my head in.
To be fair though, unless Spurs make Champions League, I can't see anyone choosing them over us.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #3012 on: April 13, 2011, 08:45:23 am »
Well,you'd probably want Dzsudzsak ahead of Messi.SO let it pass. :D

Hahaha, I like the guy, but I'm not crazy.  :lickin

I even said I want Sanchez over him (Balazs)

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: April 13, 2011, 08:45:58 am »
This thread is basically the transfer forum when the transfer window isn't actually open, isn't it

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #3014 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:45 am »
This thread is basically the transfer forum when the transfer window isn't actually open, isn't it

Yup ... You have a problem with that ?

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: April 13, 2011, 08:51:41 am »

This will be the most important transfer window in a long time, so yeah.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #3016 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:19 am »

Nicely observed :|

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3017 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:34 am »
Yup ... You have a problem with that ?

Haven't—just wanted to clarify without reading through it all.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: April 13, 2011, 09:07:47 am »

Well consider clubs will be in talks with players now and they is just over a month until the transfer window opens then I suppose it is - So do you have anything else to add?

Offline trezax

• Kopite
  • Fernando Redondo and Xabi Alonso in the middle
« Reply #3019 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:58 am »
What i don't understand right now is our (we fan) interest in looking for squad players. Even though i reckon that our squad depth is very poor, it doesn't mean that we are looking to get some squad players in the summer.
Every time we heard some news about LFC and our summer activity whether it come from our players, our staff, kenny or Comolli, it's for stating that we are going to be active in the transfer market (meaning spending big).
We also heard several times Kenny saying that we are going to spend money for players better than the one we have. Could it be possible for us all to imagine those players will be better than the choosen one we have ie. The first XI players ??

This winter, we brought in Suarez and Carroll and we shipped out FT and Babel. The former two are in our first XI. So talking about buying players such as Kranjkar and Adam as squad players doesn't make sense at all right now. We have to enhance the quality and pace of our first XI and that's why i think that we won't be signing those players.

If we look at the starting XI against City none possesses genuine blistering pace. Some would say that we didn't need one for this one but in several matches this season we looked very predictable and easy to defend because of that especially in Europa League where most of the time teams tend to sit deeper without pressing a lot (Sparta prague, Utrecht, ....).

Meireles is a good player, Kuyt is a terrific one, Aurelio is a good one as well but IMO they are playing right now in area where we are going to get better players than them. Having Meireles, Kuyt, possibly Aurelio as back up is better than buying new players who would need time to gel even if they are proven premiership players. Comolli and co should - and i'm sure they are - concentrate their effort trying to sign the Hazards, Sanchezs, Coentraos rather that looking for the Kranjcars...

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3020 on: April 13, 2011, 09:13:57 am »
Considering that they've bought him for €14 million, hardly a surprise ...

I only hope that we're not going to be pissing around with insulting offers in the summer and we will be getting things done quickly.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3021 on: April 13, 2011, 09:14:46 am »
Well. If people aren't happy that we want Kranjcar as a back-up, how will you react when we (possibly) sign Marveaux? Kranjcar is a lot better than him...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3022 on: April 13, 2011, 09:16:33 am »
The fact we seem to be favouring Enrique as a left fullback suggests we want the blistering pace on the left 'wing.' We know Comolli (and I think the inference is Kenny) feel the team lacks pace and want to introduce it. I'm not sure we know who the primary target is, but it's clear we have carefully scouted two or three alternatives and registered our interest.

Offline trezax

• Kopite
« Reply #3023 on: April 13, 2011, 09:22:34 am »
Well. If people aren't happy that we want Kranjcar as a back-up, how will you react when we (possibly) sign Marveaux? Kranjcar is a lot better than him...
What makes you think that he's a lot better than him ? Have you ever seen Marveaux play ?? And i mean excluding youtube ? I did and he is better than what you could possibly think of him and don't forget that Marveaux is a free signing and Kranjkar is going to cost something around 6-9M£ with 60-75K£ a week...

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3024 on: April 13, 2011, 09:23:41 am »

Marveaux will bring pace to the squad something that Kranjcar lacks.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3025 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:28 am »
That depends. Can they guarantee him a starting job? I don't see how they could. With us the likelihood of that is much greater.

But he could just stay with Dortmund and play CL. He may be in no way compelled to move.

The only thing we may be able to offer over Dortmund in the short term are higher wages and the chance to play in arguably a more prestigous league.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3026 on: April 13, 2011, 09:30:37 am »
What makes you think that he's a lot better than him ? Have you ever seen Marveaux play ?? And i mean excluding youtube ? I did and he is better than what you could possibly think of him and don't forget that Marveaux is a free signing and Kranjkar is going to cost something around 6-9M£ with 60-75K£ a week...

He's really that good? That much better than Kranjcar? Let's not forget he plays on the french league, he's not PL proven. Kranjcar is, and is a good player being wasted on their bench. I do prefer him over Marveaux.

Marveaux will bring pace to the squad something that Kranjcar lacks.

But aren't both supposed to be bench players? I couldn't care less about any player coming in on a free transfer anymore.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3027 on: April 13, 2011, 09:33:25 am »

But aren't both supposed to be bench players? I couldn't care less about any player coming in on a free transfer anymore.

Its about building a SQUAD. Yes I am sure we will be signing players with PL experience.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3028 on: April 13, 2011, 09:36:42 am »
To maximise his career.

On the bench at Real with Canales, Leon, Granero and Kaka? How is he not maximising his career winning the trophies with his boyhood club? Are you actually Michael Owen?

Offline No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #3029 on: April 13, 2011, 09:43:07 am »
He's really that good? That much better than Kranjcar? Let's not forget he plays on the french league, he's not PL proven. Kranjcar is, and is a good player being wasted on their bench. I do prefer him over Marveaux.

I get annoyed when I hear people going on about being "PL proven". If you mean "PL proven" like Joe Cole, Robbie Keane, Paul Konchesky, then you can keep it. Would much rather go for talent like Sami, Alonso, T**res, Pepe, Suarez,  etc. etc.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3030 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:02 am »
Your mate Dzsudzsák plays in the Eredivisie which is also a weak league, he's also not PL proven. I guess we shouldn't be looking at signing him too then.

Offline trezax

• Kopite
« Reply #3031 on: April 13, 2011, 09:57:35 am »

LOL Are you for real ? Being EPL proven doesn't mean anything... And i do prefer Marveaux over him anyday. Moreover, Why comparing Marveaux with Kranjcar ? One is a free signing and the other will harm our summer budget unnecessarily. And even though he is good, we actually don't need his level of quality. we have to and we will aim at better players. Marveaux is one of them...

Offline Por Favor

• His girlfriend says his manhood smells like Beefy Wotsits. Needs his car valeting. Banned from Chiquitos.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3032 on: April 13, 2011, 10:03:23 am »
Well, I doubt that anyone is considering him as a Messi-type player ...

That made me chuckle, i must say

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3033 on: April 13, 2011, 10:13:03 am »
I'd love Alexis Sanchez to be signed in the summer to play up top with suarez & carroll

M'Vila and a new CB

after seeing flanagan i dont see why he couldnt come in for johnson when injured, also dont mind enrique as a potential signing, not the worlds best but good enough imo

Reina

Johnson               New CB                         Agger                     Enrique

M'Vila

Meireles      Gerrard   

Sanchez                                                                  Suarez

Carroll

Potentially i think thats a fucking boss team, a team that isnt unthinkable

A bench of: Gulasci, Carragher, Aurelio, Spearing, Lucas, Pacheco, Kuyt

Youth and experience on the bench, still the likes of flanagan, suso etc to come through, i seriously believe were not too far off, given the right signings in key positions.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3034 on: April 13, 2011, 10:17:57 am »
Has anyone here actually seen Marveux play? I have seen the youtube clips and a game he played before I knew to look for him so don't know much about him. I'd be interested in hearing more about the player.

There has to be some worries though. He was subbed off every game he played this season bar one and only once has he played more than 12 games in a season (33 in 2009/10). He's also out injured for the rest of this season with a reoccuring groin injury.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3035 on: April 13, 2011, 10:28:41 am »
In an interview with France Football magazine yday, Comolli was singing the praises of Blaise Matuidi, to the extent that French journalist James Eastham thinks Matuidi will be on Comolli's summer list for sure. I think Matuidi would be cheaper than Sissoko and M'vila but a really good DM and left footed to boot.

Re Marveaux - Milankakabaros did a nice compilation from one his games last year. Marveaux has speed but he doesn't go on the outside of a defender. He pretty much exclusively cuts in and tries to play down the middle - in this way he and Kranjcar actually have pretty similar styles...

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3036 on: April 13, 2011, 10:34:05 am »
I wonder if that is because we are in for him too. They seem to do that with all our targets.
Strange one, that. Do they juts players for the sake of buying them, or is definitely Bale leaving them?

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #3037 on: April 13, 2011, 10:39:28 am »
What a surprise. Harry Redknapp is a slick twat though. Decides he doesn't want Comolli when he takes over and instead hires a kid to sit at a computer and type 'Liverpool transfer rumours' in Google every 20 minutes. Genius.

Sounds about right to me.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3038 on: April 13, 2011, 10:40:15 am »
In an interview with France Football magazine yday, Comolli was singing the praises of Blaise Matuidi, to the extent that French journalist James Eastham thinks Matuidi will be on Comolli's summer list for sure. I think Matuidi would be cheaper than Sissoko and M'vila but a really good DM and left footed to boot.

Re Marveaux - Milankakabaros did a nice compilation from one his games last year. Marveaux has speed but he doesn't go on the outside of a defender. He pretty much exclusively cuts in and tries to play down the middle - in this way he and Kranjcar actually have pretty similar styles...

There was chatter about him the minute Comolli joined us:

Saint-Etienne are braced for bid from Liverpool for their captain Blaise Matuidi following Damien Comolli's appointment at Anfield.

Comolli, who will shape the Reds' transfer policy after being appointed as director of football strategy, rates the tough-tackling France midfielder very highly.

Along with Arsenal, Liverpool were already tracking the £7million-rated 23-year-old, but Comolli's arrival from Saint-Etienne gives them the upper hand in prising one of France's most promising prospects from Ligue 1.

Underperforming Italian giants Juventus have also been linked with Matuidi as they look to bolster their midfield, but the player admitted recently that a move to England would suit him best.

Comolli, who quit Saint-Etienne on Tuesday before his move to Liverpool was revealed, fought hard to keep Matuidi at the French club but admitted that the lure of huge club would be hard to resist.

'He is our captain and a major player for us,' he said only last month. 'He's done well for us last season but we convinced him to stay.

'But I'm not being naive, I know it will be difficult to keep him and know he will end up in England or one of the top clubs in Europe. Whoever comes for him, it will cost them a lot of money.'

Former Arsenal midfielder Gilles Grimandi has scouted Matuidi for Arsene Wenger, but the Gunners were previously put off by Saint-Etienne's high price tag.

Liverpool are ready to spend in January and Matuidi fits the profile of being a young, emerging talent.

New owner John W Henry has demanded the club be smarter in the transfer market and improve the stock of young players coming through in the way that Arsenal and Manchester United have.

After being linked to Juve last month, Matuidi said: 'It is nice to know a club like Juventus is following you or asking about you. (But) the league that would suit me best is the Premier League.

'This is due to tactical, cultural and physical reasons, and the atmosphere in the stadiums.'

With Sevilla, Valencia and Borussia Dortmund also showing interest, it seems only a matter of time before Matuidi moves on.

France boss Laurent Blanc has earmarked him as a player who can revive Les Bleus and handed him an international debut in the 2-0 win against Bosnia and Herzegovina last month.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Offline trezax

• Kopite
« Reply #3039 on: April 13, 2011, 10:41:37 am »
I'd love Alexis Sanchez to be signed in the summer to play up top with suarez & carroll

M'Vila and a new CB

after seeing flanagan i dont see why he couldnt come in for johnson when injured, also dont mind enrique as a potential signing, not the worlds best but good enough imo

Reina

Johnson               New CB                         Agger                     Enrique

M'Vila

Meireles      Gerrard   

Sanchez                                                                  Suarez

Carroll

Potentially i think thats a fucking boss team, a team that isnt unthinkable

A bench of: Gulasci, Carragher, Aurelio, Spearing, Lucas, Pacheco, Kuyt

Youth and experience on the bench, still the likes of flanagan, suso etc to come through, i seriously believe were not too far off, given the right signings in key positions.

New CB ? Why not Kelly ??