Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 169985 times)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #1160 on: May 16, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »
What a surprise...

South Yorkshire Police: Orgreave and Hillsborough officers linked

Thousands of miners and police clashed at the Orgreave coking site near Rotherham in South Yorkshire

Some of the same officers and the same solicitor were involved in the South Yorkshire Police response to Hillsborough and the Battle of Orgreave, it has emerged.
Peter Metcalf was involved in defending the force against claims of unlawful arrest after the clash near Rotherham during the miners' strike in 1984.
He also played a key role in reviewing statements after Hillsborough.
Mr Metcalf did not wish to comment on Orgreave when approached by the BBC.
Deputy Chief Constable Peter Hayes and Assistant Chief Constable Walter Jackson were both involved in a review of the evidence after Orgreave and also involved in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster.
Both have denied any wrongdoing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-36302227
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1161 on: May 17, 2016, 07:29:57 am »
I'm a bit late with my comments, but justice has finally come. Finally, once and for all.

This was the biggest of victories for us, and it dwarfs over anything football related. Just shows that no institution is too big to take on, no force is too powerful to bring down.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1162 on: May 17, 2016, 07:10:13 pm »
Nice the police did a minutes silence for Hillsborough today, we can add that to the other 27 years they did.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1163 on: May 18, 2016, 07:04:18 am »
Nice the police did a minutes silence for Hillsborough today, we can add that to the other 27 years they did.

Police silence wasn't the problem Dave. Quite the opposite.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #1164 on: May 20, 2016, 10:17:18 am »

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1165 on: May 20, 2016, 10:36:10 am »
David Duckenfield’s wife: ‘Hillsborough has been terrible for us too’

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/david-duckenfields-wife-hillsborough-been-11359263#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Words fail me.

I don't even know where to start with that.  I have no sympathy for her or her lying toad of a husband whatsoever.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #1166 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:00 pm »
I don't even know where to start with that.  I have no sympathy for her or her lying toad of a husband whatsoever.

Duckenfield's barrister has just spent the last two years rehashing lies that were discredited in 1989

Duckenfield obviously went along with the legal strategy (as did Greenwood and Marshall)

Whatever sympathy he may have had, goes because of that

And if you mount an utterly ruthless defence smearing your opponents, you should not be suprised when your opponents are utterly ruthless when you lose

Tick tock
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: May 20, 2016, 06:37:23 pm »
Damage limitation time.  Lost it in the courts so it's back to trying to stoke public opinion for sympathy and support.

Like with Popper's missus.  They just seem incapable of accepting any responsibility for the clusterfuck that was the original inquest.  It's all about them.  I suppose the magnitude of the responsibility is just too much for their heads to take so they blurt this kind of bullshit out as a coping mechanism.

The bitter irony for Duckenfield is that if he'd just come clean 27 years ago the dust would have settled long ago. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #1168 on: May 20, 2016, 08:31:18 pm »
Damage limitation time.  Lost it in the courts so it's back to trying to stoke public opinion for sympathy and support.

Like with Popper's missus.  They just seem incapable of accepting any responsibility for the clusterfuck that was the original inquest.  It's all about them.  I suppose the magnitude of the responsibility is just too much for their heads to take so they blurt this kind of bullshit out as a coping mechanism.

The bitter irony for Duckenfield is that if he'd just come clean 27 years ago the dust would have settled long ago. 

Being fair to the wives, I wish I had a wife that would support me so vehemently, even if I had done wrong.  Mine doesn't even support me in their husbands wrong doings!
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1169 on: May 20, 2016, 10:45:47 pm »
Being fair to the wives, I wish I had a wife that would support me so vehemently, even if I had done wrong.  Mine doesn't even support me in their husbands wrong doings!
Depends on the situation, Duckenfields wife said "things have been terrible". of course they have, the follow up Question is the real question. what has happened to make her feel like this. I will leave it at that.
Poppers wife is a different attitude completely. Some horrible stuff has come out about Popper and I would have had more respect for her if she would have just kept quiet.
I think it's important to take Hillsborough out of this when discussing this, ive nothing but praise for any wife that supports her husband to the hilt defending him, she has believed every word he has told her to be true and she's taken a lot of s.. defending and standing by him but you couldn't blame her for hitting the roof when his lies have been exposed.
Would they still defend him after that. well, I would hope they wouldn't tell a pack of lies to discredit the victims doing it, it would be far better just to keep quiet.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:56:46 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #1170 on: May 20, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »
Depends on the situation, Duckenfields wife said "things have been terrible". of course they have, the follow up Question is the real question. what has happened to make her feel like this. I will leave it at that.
Poppers wife is a different attitude completely. Some horrible stuff has come out about Popper and I would have had more respect for her if she would have just kept quiet.
I think it's important to take Hillsborough out of this when discussing this, ive nothing but praise for any wife that supports her husband to the hilt defending him, she has believed every word he has told her to be true and she taken a lot of s.. standing by him but you couldn't blame her for hitting the roof when his lies have been exposed.
Would they still defend him after that. well, I would hope they wouldn't tell a pack of lies to discredit the victims doing it, it would be far better just to keep quiet.

Agree with this.
Duckenfields' wife was never really going to be able to answer that without looking bad no matter what.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:27:28 pm by marko35s »

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1171 on: May 21, 2016, 09:03:52 am »
The best thing for Mrs Duckenfield to do is to keep her gob shut.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #1172 on: May 22, 2016, 01:20:09 am »
The best thing for Mrs Duckenfield to do is to keep her gob shut.
Definitely. She wasn't as bad as Mrs Popper though.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: May 29, 2016, 08:44:08 pm »
RIP Alan, YNWA

Hillsborough memorial service for Alan McGlone 27 years after his death

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-memorial-service-alan-mcglone-11399472

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #1177 on: June 9, 2016, 06:12:40 pm »
Justice at last for the 96. YNWA. Hope they can now rest in peace. Now its time for accountability.These evil people can run but they cant hide.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2016, 06:15:38 pm by Ocean Red »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: June 13, 2016, 06:51:14 pm »
Andy brilliant today in Parliament during the Hillsborough Law debate. now wanting law rightly to be applied retrospectively, this would then apply to Hillsborough officers.

The law on disciplining police officers after they have left the service is set to be changed in the wake of the Hillsborough inquests .
New proposals being put forward by the Government could now mean police face the prospect of disciplinary proceedings many years after they have left the force.
Ministers have tabled plans for officers to face misconduct investigations for up to 12 months after retiring, but a new amendment to the Policing and Crime Bill would extend the period in “exceptional circumstances”, Downing Street announced.
It came as Aintree -born shadow home secretary Andy Burnham called for a “Hillsborough law” to help individuals fighting against police misconduct.
Labour are hoping to force two votes on the Bill in the House of Commons rebalance the policing and criminal justice system in families’ favour.
Mr Burnham is urging MPs to back parity of funding for legal representation for bereaved families at inquests where the police are involved. And he argues there should be no limit on the period after leaving the force that officers can face a misconduct probe.
It was Andy Burnham’s appearance at the 20th anniversary memorial service which was a turning point in the campaign for truth and justice.
He has now called for the removal of the time limit to be made retrospective, so it could apply to officers involved in the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy, where 96 Liverpool fans died. The new inquests found in April that the fans were unlawfully killed and failings by police contributed to their deaths.
Prime Minister David Cameron’s official spokeswoman said an amendment to be brought forward in the House of Lords would extend the proposed period of time under which misconduct proceedings can be brought “in exceptional circumstances”, but was unable to say whether there would be any time limit or whether the change would be imposed retrospectively.
“We had already proposed in this Bill to introduce new measures so investigations and disciplinary proceedings could take place within 12 months of an officer’s departure,” said the spokeswoman.
“We will now bring forward an amendment to allow in exceptional circumstances for disciplinary proceedings to be brought outside of that time period.”
The spokeswoman said that the Government agreed with the “spirit” of Mr Burnham’s call for parity of funding, but said any decision should await a report being written by the former Bishop of Liverpool James Jones.
“This is something we want to look at and the Home Secretary has asked Bishop Jones to compile a report on that,” said the spokeswoman. “Our view is that we should wait for his report before making further decisions, but we support the spirit of the amendment.
Mr Burnham is also calling on MPs to back a requirement for the Government to press ahead with the second planned phase of the Leveson Inquiry, which would look into the relationship between police and press, as well as a ban on unattributable briefings to the media by police.
The shadow home secretary said: “The 27-year struggle of the Hillsborough families exposes how the odds are all too frequently stacked against ordinary families seeking truth and justice.
“Hillsborough must mark a moment of real change when Parliament rebalances the police and criminal justice system and puts more power in the hands of ordinary people.

“Never again should any bereaved families have to fight like the Hillsborough families have had to fight.
“We must call time on the uneven playing field at inquests where public bodies spend public money like water on hiring the best lawyers when ordinary families have to scratch around for whatever they can get.

“Public money should be spent on helping us get to the truth, not on protecting backs in the public sector.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-could-face-misconduct-probes-11467945

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:28:50 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Alf Garnett!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: June 14, 2016, 07:22:08 am »
South Yorkshire Police spend £2.1m on chief's Hillsborough costs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-36517918

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1180 on: July 1, 2016, 03:14:27 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline cowlos

• Anny Roader
  • Justice is Here
« Reply #1181 on: July 25, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »
Haven't been on here in a long time. I'm trying to find my statement on the HIP report online. Adrian Tempany recommends someone called red4life (James) as being best person to speak to. I can find about 6 red4lifes. Anyone know him? Thanks, Kevin

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: July 25, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »
Haven't been on here in a long time. I'm trying to find my statement on the HIP report online. Adrian Tempany recommends someone called red4life (James) as being best person to speak to. I can find about 6 red4lifes. Anyone know him? Thanks, Kevin

I've pm-ed him on your behalf, cowlos. He'll doubtless be in touch shortly, but if there are any problems, let me know and I'll try to help.

Offline cowlos

• Anny Roader
  • Justice is Here
« Reply #1183 on: July 25, 2016, 11:01:17 pm »
Nice one, thanks

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1184 on: July 31, 2016, 01:50:59 pm »

Don't mean to be patronising here mate. If you can't find it through searching then get in touch with the IPCC. Explain that you can't find it and are concerned that it may have gone missing. From experience they will actually listen and try to help. They will at the very least steer you towards where it should be. If it is not there then you can make a formal complaint - you are not the only one in this situation.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1187 on: October 6, 2016, 04:25:12 pm »
Fucking disgrace this.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/norman-bettison-writing-book-hillsborough-11981030

Surely this can't be allowed?  Let them know how we feel.

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-stop-norman-bettison-pu-blishing-his-hillsborough-book

He cannot be stopped without trampling over civil liberties. He has the right to publish. And his numerous critics equally have the right to challenge his every word. Let him talk. Then prove him wrong. Again. He is trying to repair his reputation. I doubt this book will achieve that. Indeed I have little doubt that it will do the exact opposite as it once again highlights his tawdry past.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: October 6, 2016, 05:00:22 pm »
He cannot be stopped without trampling over civil liberties. He has the right to publish. And his numerous critics equally have the right to challenge his every word. Let him talk. Then prove him wrong. Again. He is trying to repair his reputation. I doubt this book will achieve that. Indeed I have little doubt that it will do the exact opposite as it once again highlights his tawdry past.

Don't see how unless its advertised as fiction and isn't there still a ban on stuff like this until the Investigations are completed?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1189 on: October 6, 2016, 07:51:51 pm »
Don't see how unless its advertised as fiction and isn't there still a ban on stuff like this until the Investigations are completed?

Until there are charges, there are no grounds to suppress it.

I have no doubt that any fictions will exposed ruthlessly. He will regret publishing that book.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: October 6, 2016, 08:25:55 pm »

I have no doubt that any fictions will exposed ruthlessly. He will regret publishing that book.

Good.  He deserves nothing but pain for his lifes work.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1191 on: October 6, 2016, 08:59:27 pm »

Yes it will be interesting to see if he damns himself. Seems to be completely self-centred without any understanding of other people.

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: October 7, 2016, 12:51:35 am »

Looking forward to calling him out

There's no shortage of material

See. https://twitter.com/wrong_kennedy/status/783786750627966976 for example
« Last Edit: October 7, 2016, 07:53:12 am by The Tenacious Kennedy »

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: October 11, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »

Just placing this here for now

#1:  Paul Middup.  SY Police Federation

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2012-09-13/video-1989-interview-with-south-yorkshire-police-federation/

Be warned, you may want to throw something at the screen

It may be helpful to see what he is describing

[size=78%][/size]

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1194 on: October 12, 2016, 02:58:12 pm »
IPCC will not investigate David Crompton complaint

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-37634288

A complaint against the suspended South Yorkshire Police chief David Crompton over alleged instructions to his legal team at the Hillsborough inquests will not be investigated.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission said Mr Crompton was alleged to have told lawyers to "pour blame" on Liverpool fans at the hearings.

Families of some of the victims had lodged the complaint.

The inquests concluded 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed.

Mr Crompton was suspended after the inquests over "an erosion of trust".

and from the IPCC themselves:-

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/ipcc-will-not-investigate-david-crompton-complaint-0

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has decided it will not investigate the complaint made on behalf of a group of Hillsborough families about alleged instructions given by suspended South Yorkshire Police Chief Constable David Crompton to his legal team at the Hillsborough inquests.

The complaint specifically alleged that Mr Crompton instructed barristers representing the force at the inquests to “pour blame” on the Liverpool fans as part of a deliberate effort to deflect blame from his force.

The IPCC has concluded that an investigation would be “significantly hampered”, as it would be unable to review any communications between Mr Crompton and his legal team due to Legal Professional Privilege (LPP).

LPP is a legal principal which makes communication between legal professionals and their clients confidential. The IPCC asked SYP to waive this privilege in order to view any documentation that might contain legal instructions, however this was declined by the force.

Available and relevant material was assessed as part of this decision-making process, including inquest transcripts, submissions and emails between the Office for the Police and Crime Commissioner and Mr Crompton. Although it was found that SYP’s barristers did ask several questions about fan behaviour, these were infrequent and did not suggest that a deliberate or calculated approach was being pursued. 

The complaint also stated that the force had tried to manipulate the media during the inquests, after former SYP employee Hayley Court alleged that she had been told to unethically influence reporting of the inquests to favour SYP.  These allegations, which did not refer to Mr Crompton, have been investigated separately by the IPCC. These enquiries are now complete and findings will be published in the coming weeks.

Read the full rationale for the decision here - (https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/investigations/david-crompton-hillsborough-complaint).

IPCC Deputy Chair Rachel Cerfontyne said: “The approach taken by some legal teams at the inquests clearly caused distress among those affected by the disaster. However, the evidence we have assessed doesn’t indicate that a criminal or misconduct offence has occurred. This, combined with the fact we cannot review any legal instructions from Mr Crompton to his legal team has led me to conclude that an IPCC investigation could not provide any meaningful response to the complaint.”
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:01:02 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1195 on: October 14, 2016, 02:47:54 pm »
http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/741138-waterstones-will-not-stock-bettison-s-hillsborough-book-on-merseyside.html

GIANT book retailer Waterstones says it will not stocking Norman Bettison’s book on the Hillsborough disaster in Merseyside.

Bettision, pictured, who was a chief inspector in the South Yorkshire Police at the time of the 1989 tragedy, has written his personal account on the disaster in the book titled Hillsborough Untold.Norman Bettison

Waterstones, which has shops in Liverpool ONE, Birkenhead and Southport, said in an online statement: “We can confirm that Waterstones is not planning to stock Hillsborough Untold in Merseyside.”

The book is due to be released on November 17 on Amazon, but is available to pre-order now on their website and on Waterstones online.

A statement on the website of Biteback Publishing, which has acquired the “world rights” to the book, says the book “describes how the Hillsborough disaster unfolded; provides an insight into what was happening at South Yorkshire Police headquarters in the aftermath; and gives an objective and compassionate account of the bereaved families’ long struggle for justice”.

The synopsis on Waterstone’s website said the book: “seeks respectfully to explain, however, why he feels he has been unfairly scapegoated in Parliament and through print, broadcast and, significantly, social media, and why that may have distracted from the inquiry’s aims.”

Sheila Coleman, of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, told The Liverpool Echo Mr Bettison’s decision to publish the book before the two investigations into the 1989 disaster concluded was “wholly inappropriate”.

She added: “I think the idea that it would be sympathetic to families and survivors is totally disingenuous.

“This is the man who, after Hillsborough, went on to become chief constable of Merseyside in the face of great opposition.

“He has never been sympathetic.”

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: January 19, 2017, 10:48:14 am »
I've posted before, but I'm doing my English dissertation on the Hillsborough Disaster and how the Liverpool fans were portrayed in 1989 and post-inquest results.

If anyone's got any way of getting hold of any articles, including that scummy rag, please let me know via pm. Any help will be inordinately appreciated and I'll post it once it's done.

Cheers.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #1198 on: January 19, 2017, 01:44:32 pm »
I've posted before, but I'm doing my English dissertation on the Hillsborough Disaster and how the Liverpool fans were portrayed in 1989 and post-inquest results.

If anyone's got any way of getting hold of any articles, including that scummy rag, please let me know via pm. Any help will be inordinately appreciated and I'll post it once it's done.

Cheers.

Pretty much everything is in here:

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: January 20, 2017, 12:10:25 pm »