Author Topic: Sami Hyypia  (Read 88709 times)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Sami Hyypia
« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2017, 07:59:40 pm »
Sami wasn't surprised when Emre Can scored with a bicycle kick for our win over Watford "I taught him by the way"

http://turkish-football.com/i-taught-him-by-the-way-liverpool-legend-sami-hyypia-reveals-he-taught-emre-can-how-to-bicycle-kick/

Liverpool star Emre Can scored the goal of the season with a superb bicycle kick in the 1-0 victory over Watford.

The central midfielder surprised many with his agility, technique and finishing ability to find the back of the net.

Reds legend Sami Hyypia was however, not particularly shocked that Can scored a goal of such high caliber.

In fact Hyypia revealed that he taught Can how to take an overhead kick during his time managing Bayer Leverkusen.

“Goal of the season, that’s easy, it’s Emre bicycle kick”, Hyypia said on LFC TV [as quoted by Inside Football].

“I taught him by the way.

“He was my player at Leverkusen.

“We practiced every day after training.”

Hyypia did however, admit he could not execute the shot himself.

“I think I would have broken my back or something if I’d tried that one.

“But it’s great that somebody is creative enough to try something like that.”

Can played at Bayer between 2013-14 before joining Liverpool.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: November 2, 2017, 12:36:22 am »
Any of you see the BT Sport coverage of Maribor game?

Nice to see Sami in the studio. Was really weird at the end when Matt Smith was asking if Sami is available for a defensive coach role.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #522 on: November 2, 2017, 08:57:13 am »
Any of you see the BT Sport coverage of Maribor game?

Nice to see Sami in the studio. Was really weird at the end when Matt Smith was asking if Sami is available for a defensive coach role.
wouldnt be the worst idea in fairness
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: November 2, 2017, 09:01:38 am »

Dunno, seems like a simple answer to a complicated problem.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: November 2, 2017, 09:16:24 am »
maybe

but i dont think the defence is right since he left

i could quite imagine him doing a lot of work off the field to help that too

he understood zonal marking well and could teach people things about reading the game. even when he was 25 or so his pace was practically non existent so he knows a few things about defending

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #525 on: November 2, 2017, 09:30:16 am »
I thought that was the plan?! :o

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: November 2, 2017, 09:33:00 am »

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #527 on: November 2, 2017, 10:20:30 am »
maybe

i could quite imagine him doing a lot of work off the field to help that too

he understood zonal marking well and could teach people things about reading the game. even when he was 25 or so his pace was practically non existent so he knows a few things about defending

But the teams he managed weren't exactly renowned for their defensive prowess, were they?  Being a great defender doesn't make you a great defensive coach.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #528 on: November 2, 2017, 10:29:06 am »

Surely it's worth trying anything at this stage?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: November 2, 2017, 10:52:20 am »
But the teams he managed weren't exactly renowned for their defensive prowess, were they?  Being a great defender doesn't make you a great defensive coach.
his managerial record isnt great. but while being a great defender doesn't make you a great defensive coach, by the same token i wouldnt dismiss him as a coach despite not being a great manager.

maybe if he had one area to focus on it could help

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: November 2, 2017, 11:49:16 am »

It was the way Matt Smith did it that made it weird - Sami looked really embarrassed and bashful at the end of the programme  when the presenter wouldn’t stop banging on about whether he was in work or in between jobs.  I agree it may not be such a bad idea but I thought Matt Smith was then going to asked whether he is claiming jobseekers allowance
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: November 2, 2017, 12:01:09 pm »
It was the way Matt Smith did it that made it weird - Sami looked really embarrassed and bashful at the end of the programme  when the presenter wouldn’t stop banging on about whether he was in work or in between jobs.  I agree it may not be such a bad idea but I thought Matt Smith was then going to asked whether he is claiming jobseekers allowance
hahaha

last line gave me a giggle there

yeah it did look awkward alright

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #532 on: November 2, 2017, 01:00:12 pm »

Agger could never get a real run of games, and whilst Carragher offered the leadership we've missed for several years, sometimes when I need to sleep I recollect Carra and Skrtel mindlessly passing the ball to each other 17 times cos neither of them could play it forward on the deck ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: November 2, 2017, 02:51:06 pm »
?
When he left, didn't he say he was pursuing his coaching badges and that the dream would be, when he was at a level high enough, to return to Liverpool to coach?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: November 2, 2017, 03:50:03 pm »
When he left, didn't he say he was pursuing his coaching badges and that the dream would be, when he was at a level high enough, to return to Liverpool to coach?
fair enough but it was just that your post wasnt very clear to me. oh well

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: November 2, 2017, 03:50:24 pm »
hahaha

last line gave me a giggle there

yeah it did look awkward alright

;D He's a bit creepy that Matt Smith lol

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: November 2, 2017, 03:52:24 pm »
fair enough but it was just that your post wasnt very clear to me. oh well
haha so much for the original brevity then ;D - would be interested to know if anyone else has the same recollection though - or is it one of my many pipedreams? ;)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: November 2, 2017, 04:12:15 pm »
haha so much for the original brevity then ;D - would be interested to know if anyone else has the same recollection though - or is it one of my many pipedreams? ;)
it does sound familar now you say it

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: May 19, 2019, 11:09:54 am »
Signed for us 20 years ago today. What a player, what a man. Thanks Sami.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #539 on: May 19, 2019, 01:09:59 pm »
Signed for us 20 years ago today. What a player, what a man. Thanks Sami.
20 years eh. My god,  where has the time gone. Does seem like only yesterday he signed for us. Great player indeed

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: November 17, 2019, 10:07:59 am »
Just been interviewed by Neil Hodgson on BT Sport, he's at Valencia for the MotoGP, he's a big fan of the bikes. Said he will be at the Napoli game.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #541 on: November 17, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »
Such an important signing. Houllier’s successes were built around him.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2019, 06:34:08 pm »
Just been interviewed by Neil Hodgson on BT Sport, he's at Valencia for the MotoGP, he's a big fan of the bikes. Said he will be at the Napoli game.

The big man would look very silly if he tried to ride one.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #543 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:09 pm »
Aww, just watched the Liverpool v Tottenham game on LFCTV where Sammi had his left appearance. I'd forgotten how he'd almost scored at the end and the way the emotion got to him at the final whistle. What a player he was for us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #544 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:18 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aaAz8F-3g

Interesting 10 minutes watch if you guys have the time. Although the dinner party setup seems v awkward  ;D

True LFC great in every sense of the word. For me, just a personal disappointment that the Rafa and Sami relationship did not end in a good way. Rafa had his well documented financial woes with our management at the time, so really had to wheel and deal. Sami just seems to be an unfortunate part of that.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: May 28, 2020, 05:20:59 pm »

Interesting 10 minutes watch if you guys have the time. Although the dinner party setup seems v awkward  ;D

True LFC great in every sense of the word. For me, just a personal disappointment that the Rafa and Sami relationship did not end in a good way. Rafa had his well documented financial woes with our management at the time, so really had to wheel and deal. Sami just seems to be an unfortunate part of that.

Thanks for posting that. Shame about that no mark Rihilati being there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:40 pm »

Who's the smoking hot dark-haired babe?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #547 on: June 1, 2020, 09:49:54 am »
Who's the smoking hot dark-haired babe?

Eva Wahlström

Former boxing champion, lost her title in February this year to Terri Harper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Wahlstr%c3%b6m

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: June 1, 2020, 02:08:48 pm »
Eva Wahlström

Former boxing champion, lost her title in February this year to Terri Harper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Wahlstr%c3%b6m
Ugh! Nice face, shame about the muscles!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: June 2, 2020, 10:10:51 am »

I'm not sure how he was part of that as he left for free I think. Last game was a bit wrong on benitez part. I'm not starting in case you play bad....ughhhh

We still had to confirm second spot I think but only giving him 8 mins was a bit shit

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #550 on: June 3, 2020, 07:21:17 am »
I'm not sure how he was part of that as he left for free I think. Last game was a bit wrong on benitez part. I'm not starting in case you play bad....ughhhh

We still had to confirm second spot I think but only giving him 8 mins was a bit shit

The wage bill I think. I know we all want to forget about that disastrous ownership. But I do remember reading about the transfer budget being inclusive of wages and etc. All excuses from the cowboys of course in hindsight.

Looking at the last game in isolation though, I think we wanted to finish strong. Finishing 3rd in our closest title race for years isn't a good look for us.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: June 3, 2020, 01:24:44 pm »
Might have been difference between play off and not

Cowboys indeed. Wee bit of investment that summer we have a league winning team

Instead we asset strip

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: October 7, 2021, 12:02:43 pm »
Shares a birthday with Trent.  :D

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: October 7, 2021, 07:05:03 pm »
That header against Arsenal is one of my favorite headed goals. Perfect curl from far out on a header.

The Juve goal wasn't bad either.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: October 7, 2021, 07:07:21 pm »
One of our greatest servants. We really struggled for a goal threat from defence between losing Sami and gaining Virgil.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #555 on: October 9, 2021, 06:57:34 am »
One of my favourite Sami moments was his header when we came back to beat Charlton in the last 10 minutes in 2002/03. Similar to Portsmouth in 08/09.

It’s one of our forgotten late comebacks.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #556 on: October 9, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »
One of our greatest servants. We really struggled for a goal threat from defence between losing Sami and gaining Virgil.
not true at all, Skrtel scored quite a few
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #557 on: October 9, 2021, 01:56:31 pm »
One of my favourite Sami moments was his header when we came back to beat Charlton in the last 10 minutes in 2002/03. Similar to Portsmouth in 08/09.

It’s one of our forgotten late comebacks.

Think I was that one, is when Gerrard scored a great solo winner (with some slightly dodgy keeping thrown in).

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #558 on: October 9, 2021, 11:14:11 pm »
Not a comeback but the goal against Wolves the next year was massive. Header at the Kop right at the end. Think it was about April of that year. A really important goal to help put us back in the Champions League, and of course end up winning it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #559 on: October 11, 2021, 07:23:41 am »
That header against Arsenal is one of my favorite headed goals. Perfect curl from far out on a header.

Wasnt that goal after he had a headband? I remember a goal (I think it was this one) where he was injured in warmup, but there was no one to be substituted, so played on with a headband, and scored a header.