Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603904 times)

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7120 on: February 6, 2020, 12:58:21 pm »
If Heat add both Iggy and Galo they become the 2nd best team in the conference and real threat to the Bucks in the ECF

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7121 on: February 6, 2020, 07:00:01 pm »
Warriors Trade D'Angelo Russell To Wolves For Andrew Wiggins, 2021 FRP, 2021 SRP

Heat Acquire Iguodala, Crowder, Hill From Grizzlies For Winslow, Waiters, Johnson

Shams: Clips and Knicks "seriously engaged" in talks for Marcus Morris

Blazers Trade Skal Labissiere, Cash To Hawks

Rockets Trade Jordan Bell To Grizzlies For Bruno Caboclo

Tristan Thompson Won't Accept Buyout With Cavaliers If Not Traded By Deadline

Sixers Acquire Glenn Robinson, Alec Burks For Three Second-Round Picks

Dillon Brooks Agrees To Three-Year, $35M Extension With Grizzlies

Clippers Trade Derrick Walton Jr. To Hawks For Cash

Kings Trade Dewayne Dedmon, Two 2nd Round Picks To Hawks For Jabari Parker, Alex Len

Danilo Gallinari, Heat Discuss Contract Extension To Help Finalize Three-Team Trade

Thunder Discussing Danilo Gallinari Three-Way Trade With Heat, Grizzlies

Heat Acquire Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill From Grizzlies

Knicks Reportedly Interested In Landry Shamet

Lakers Receive Interest From Multiple Teams On Alex Caruso

Spurs Have Explored Trades Of LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan

Lakers Interested In Trading For Spencer Dinwiddie, Dennis Schroder

Darren Collison Working Out For NBA Return, Interested In Lakers, Clippers

Chicago Sun Times: Lauri Markkanen Wants Out Of Chicago

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7122 on: February 6, 2020, 07:31:49 pm »
Drummond from Detroit to Cleveland. It's like he transferred prisons ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7123 on: February 6, 2020, 08:23:18 pm »
Really don’t get the russell trade for 2021 picks and wiggins, something like wiggins, 2020 unprotected and a swap option for 2021 I can understand but this is a bit of a crap deal for golden state

As for Drummond, I’d happily live in Cleveland for his money, worse is him finding out he’s a 26 year old 2 time all star who was basically traded for a second round pick plus expirings

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7124 on: February 6, 2020, 09:22:53 pm »
per Woj:

The Clippers, Knicks and Wizards have agreed to a three-team trade that will land Marcus Morris and Isaiah Thomas with the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. Jerome Robinson will join the Wizards, Moe Harkless and a 2020 first-round pick to the Knicks.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7125 on: February 7, 2020, 12:41:57 am »
Weird move from Detroit, basically got nothing in return for Drummond. On the opposite side, good move from the Clips to get Morris, always liked him at Boston.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7126 on: February 7, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »
Clippers basically got Morris to stop Lakers getting him.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7127 on: February 7, 2020, 07:29:45 pm »
Jerry West is a genius. He never panics, takes calculated steps and always hits the target. If there is a logo for basketball GM's, he should be the logo for that too.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7128 on: February 7, 2020, 07:31:23 pm »
Weird move from Detroit, basically got nothing in return for Drummond. On the opposite side, good move from the Clips to get Morris, always liked him at Boston.
Part of it is i suppose teams now stay away from traditional big men in today's 3 ball games with stretch bigs.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7129 on: February 8, 2020, 02:03:51 pm »
This video got posted a couple of weeks ago, i never knew about this story before.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v371h_VytjI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v371h_VytjI</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7130 on: February 8, 2020, 02:10:06 pm »
Those refs from the blazers game need a holiday

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7131 on: February 9, 2020, 10:52:29 am »
Yep terrible by the refs that.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7132 on: February 9, 2020, 12:08:31 pm »
Get the fuck out of my team, Nate Mcmillan.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7133 on: February 9, 2020, 04:53:18 pm »
Get the fuck out of my team, Nate Mcmillan.
A bit harsh imo, yes bad run of 5 losses in a row but Nate did well overall using Sabonis and Warren really well despite Oladipo being out.
Even good teams have that run, Jazz and 76ers both lost 4 in a row until yesterday.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7134 on: February 10, 2020, 09:18:27 am »
Furkan Korkmaz with back to back 30+ pts games, keep rolling Furki!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7135 on: February 10, 2020, 01:27:50 pm »
A bit harsh imo, yes bad run of 5 losses in a row but Nate did well overall using Sabonis and Warren really well despite Oladipo being out.
Even good teams have that run, Jazz and 76ers both lost 4 in a row until yesterday.

It's my annual post slagging him off.  ;D 

He is at best a regular season head coach. His offensive plays leave a lot to be desired, his strongest part, defense, seem leaky now and he has a tremendous lack of in game adjustments. Another 1st round loss in the playoffs is ahead of us and I want him gone in the summer. Won't happen though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 01:31:56 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7136 on: February 13, 2020, 05:15:14 am »
You know who needs firing Brett Brown, he's doing an absolutely horrible job with the 76ers. A team with that talent is far too good to be a 5th seed.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7137 on: February 14, 2020, 03:56:24 pm »
Great game last night between Boston and Clips, 2 OT's.

And Zion Williamson to get ROTY despite missing half the season? The guy is a beast.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7138 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:25 pm »
Great game last night between Boston and Clips, 2 OT's.

And Zion Williamson to get ROTY despite missing half the season? The guy is a beast.

Morant should be getting it by a mile.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7139 on: February 14, 2020, 04:08:50 pm »

I know he's dragged the Grizzlies into a playoff position as it stands, and in the west which is seriously impressive. Zion is a joke though, if he keeps going at this rate he'll defo be in the mix.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7140 on: February 14, 2020, 04:15:39 pm »
I know he's dragged the Grizzlies into a playoff position as it stands, and in the west which is seriously impressive. Zion is a joke though, if he keeps going at this rate he'll defo be in the mix.

he's missed too many games. They won't give it to him.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7141 on: February 14, 2020, 04:25:49 pm »
Embiid was a better rookie in a worse team and a worse rookie class, and didn’t get it

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7142 on: February 14, 2020, 05:10:47 pm »
Eddy Curry and How Fans Treat Athletes (Players' Tribune piece)

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/eddy-curry-nba-the-truth-was-way-worse

very good article for the all star weekend break

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7143 on: February 14, 2020, 05:11:15 pm »
This, easily too. In fact he should have been in conversation for All Star team too imo.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7144 on: February 15, 2020, 11:55:59 am »

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #7145 on: February 16, 2020, 01:50:47 am »
Link for All-Star skills competition if anyone wants to watch

http://ripple.is/nba/12711-los-angeles-lakers-live-stream

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7146 on: February 16, 2020, 08:09:58 pm »
That dunk contest was the best in years, but yeah they did Gordon bad in the final. Should’ve split the trophy.

The whole of round 2 were class dunks too.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7147 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:31 pm »
Been a very good all star weekend so far.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7148 on: February 17, 2020, 07:18:52 pm »
Celebrities keep ruining All Star weekends imo. How the hell is a rapper like Common qualified to be a judge in a dunk contest and Chadwick Boseman for that matter. Why do i have to hear intros from Chance the Rapper or DJ Khaled ffs? Don't even get me started on that All Star Celebrities game.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7149 on: February 17, 2020, 08:38:46 pm »
Celebrities are annoying but they’re a big part of nba culture.

That was, by far, the best all star game I can ever remember watching.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7150 on: February 17, 2020, 08:55:19 pm »
Celebrities are annoying but they’re a big part of nba culture.

That was, by far, the best all star game I can ever remember watching.
When the game is competitive, it gets better. Plus i'd say having new global stars like Doncic, Giannis, Jokic helps to the clause. Part of me watching that was to see how Kove would be honored.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7151 on: February 18, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
I think they should look to do Team USA vs Team World given the influx of global stars, would definitely make it more competitive going forward. To be honest you could even do it now with Giannis, Embiid, Jokic, Doncic, Gobert, Simmons etc. Could even stick Kyrie on the World team albeit having won an Olympic medal with the US.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7152 on: February 18, 2020, 07:45:31 pm »
Steve Nash just did a nice comparison of Sadio Mane with Damian Lillard. It didn't really hold up but it was fun.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7153 on: February 19, 2020, 06:18:50 pm »
Steve Nash just did a nice comparison of Sadio Mane with Damian Lillard. It didn't really hold up but it was fun.
probably not gonna be a popular opinion but i find Lillard a bit overrated and McCollum way too overrated.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7154 on: February 20, 2020, 03:06:36 am »
I think they should look to do Team USA vs Team World given the influx of global stars, would definitely make it more competitive going forward. To be honest you could even do it now with Giannis, Embiid, Jokic, Doncic, Gobert, Simmons etc. Could even stick Kyrie on the World team albeit having won an Olympic medal with the US.

Why would you do that to the world team, what did they ever do to you?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7155 on: February 20, 2020, 08:30:33 am »

I love the new format with the points and quarters. I hate the whole TEAM X vs TEAM Y, nonsense.
They should just stick it to East vs West. That's what creates a rivalry, something that can be competitive with an extra edge. Each conference trying to show they have the better players. Plus, having teams with roughly the same core of players ever season builds some sort of relationship with the fans. I can look back to the 90s, 80s, and early 2000s, and have a good guess which players competed and on which team. Now it's just random, with an uncomfortable structure where two players have sole power to pick their buddies or make strategic moves for the future (or fellow Africans). How on earth Harden and Chris Paul were amongst the last 4 players to be picked? And why give so much exposure and benefit for the two top vote getters?

They should switch back to East vs West, with the top vote getter on each conference getting to pick their charity of choice.
Game was much better this season than last, but teams were a bit meh. Sometimes, small changes are enough, there is no need for such drastic changes. If they really want to make changes, have a look at the dunk competition and target there. Maybe get rid of the extra props/people needed for a dunk attempt and keep it simple with stylistic or acrobatic dunks the emphasis. Or maybe, 1st round a specific sort of dunk is randomly picked which they all have to do, after which the top 4 get to do whatever they want (3 dunks each).
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: February 20, 2020, 09:07:12 pm »
Why would you do that to the world team, what did they ever do to you?

I know he's such a dick. Reports are saying he's out for the remainder of the season due to a shoulder injury.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7157 on: February 25, 2020, 12:29:23 am »
Great speech from Jordan at the Kobe memorial, really touching.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7158 on: February 25, 2020, 12:31:01 am »
Difficult watching Vanessa, can’t imagine how hard that was

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: February 25, 2020, 06:16:00 pm »
it was a beautiful ceremony, we miss you Kobe.

here's the link to full ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzsBunMsiM